Thread: Newcomer

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    30.87 MB

Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I have been playing CoD, CoD - Blitz and DW - Tobruk for quite some years now.
    I mostly enjoy playing singleplayer missions and campaigns.
    I sometimes just enjoy relaxing with some cold-start training-like free flight.

My favorite planes are:
    - Hurricane MkI
    - BF109E
    - All of the Italian fighters

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.8 KB

Re: Newcomer

Welcome!

Compared to me then you are a veteran, as a VR only convert I have been (im)patiently waiting for the VR beta, although with several years of DCS & IL2 GB VR flying.

I too play single player missions and also enjoy just starting up and hopping from airfield to airfield in all these great aircraft. Although there seems a lot of focus here on multiplayer, the single player aspect is very well catered for. I have been most impressed in my relatively short time here, both in terms of the quality of the VR implementation and discovering the depth of CloD.
    AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 & 11 dual boot · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Warthog Stick, Warthog Throttle, Logitech Quadrant, JetSeat

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.87 MB

Moin AleLor91 and welcome here and on the servers!
    Gruß Amarok

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi

Im new too. Played "Forgotten battles millions of years ago" now mainly MSFS and Warthunder but want to get back to something abit more aggressive or realistic. How do I find the mods to make "Cilffs of Dover" work properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Egil,

The good news is that Steam will automatically update your copy of CLOD Blitz to the most current version.

Welcome to the forum and let us know how you’re getting on.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

7. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Welcome to you both, I hope to see you when you are ready on multiplayer and TeamSpeak,
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post