Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

  1. #1
    Public Relations ATAG_Marlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
    Posts
    1,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

    Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    OPERATION: 'HORNET'S NEST'
    Date: Wednesday, Sept 6, 2023
    Time: 1900 GMT
    Server: ATAG Axis vs Allies Public Server

    (Please note that this event will be accessible to both Blitz-only and Blitz + Tobruk players.)

    The Prime Minister's Bedroom, Whitehall, London.....

    'For God's sake, Winston! What the hell are you playing at,' screamed Clemmie Churchill, as she burst into her husband's bedroom.

    'Strewth! Damn n' blathed!' shouted the great man, flinging his cigar away as flames enveloped the eiderdown, singed his socks and began making inroads towards his underpants!

    'How many times have I told you not to smoke in bed!'screamed his wife. 'But do you ever listen? Oh no......in one fat ear, and out the.......!'

    Before she could finish, Winston, leapt up, and slapped at the burning eiderdown helplessly. At the same time, taking control, Clemmie doused the flames with a well aimed deluge from the flower vase!

    'Sometimes, only a woman will do,' she sighed, as she levelled her gimlet gaze at her hubby's singed features. 'Who the hell...... IS...... running the country while you're busy burning the house down?'

    'You may well ask, dearest,' sighed the hero of the Boer War, and then attempting a different tack........ 'What news this morning, my duck.......my love.......?'

    'Don't you 'my duck,' me,' sneered Clemmie with a withering glance at her husband's flannel (and somewhat blackened) pyjamas. 'And for God's sake get dressed! Those Air Sea Rescue types have let Bondi escape. He's disappeared into Northern France...... no doubt to 'rally the troops.' There'll be hell to pay for this....and Noofy's hit the McVities Factory again!

    'Not my digestives?' groaned Winston. 'Dithasther! How can the Reds ever come back from thith?'

    Twenty minutes later - The War Room

    'Edna!' grumbled Winston, still in his pyjama's, 'get in here! Now!'

    Having suffered another ear whigging from his wife, it's fair to say the Prime Minster was not......'at his best!'
    A smart, dapper little woman, obviously the Pm's Secretary, entered the room briskly. Noting the Prime Minister's...er.... smouldering attire..... she sniffed the air and said.....

    'Prime Minister....do you smell smoke?'

    'Never mind that,' he said briskly, (cough, cough!).... 'send those Air Sea Blighters in immediately!'
    A few minutes later the first of those....er.... 'Blighters'.... stepped into the room.

    'Top o' the morning t' ya, Winnie! Jack Max at your service!' grinned our inhabitant of 'the Emerald Isle. 'Can I interest you in a pint 'o Guiness, Sir...t'put 'airs on yer manly chest, loike?'

    'A bloody oirishman!' winced Winnie, visibly groaning,......'I suppose I asked for that......and who the hell are you?'

    Winston was staring at the second newcomer, who, despite wearing RAF 'blue,' was sporting a beautiful Les Paul '59 round his neck, whilst his left hand deftly fingured a well know opening riff!

    'SMOKE ON THE BLOODY WATER?' snarled the Leader of the Western World. 'You can't play that here! Who the hell are you?'

    'Dazza, Sir,' smarmed the musician, turning on his very best stage smile.

    'Well, you can BOGG OFF,' shouted Winston. 'We need pilots not....you...you creative types! Lithen here....... you Blighters let Bondi ethscape....and Noofy's destroywd my bithcuits.....AGAIN! Thumthings got to give......stho.....I'm creating a new outfit and you're the firtst recrewts! Your job is to 'nobble Noofy!' He must not be allowed to wander around Kent willy nilly. Damnation! He's been wunning wings around you! I want him twacked....followed..... and sthot down....licketty thplit! Is that clear?'

    Winston turned the full strength of his ministerial glare on Jack and Dazz, who seemed silenced by the enormous task just thrust upon them.

    'Now...get to it!' snarled Winston and with a final dismissive wave of his hand shouted, ' Get out!'

    At the door, Dazza, summoned all his courage and through gritted teeth, offered.......

    'Quick burst of.......Stairway to Heaven?'

    GET OOOOUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!

    Sitting outside, Edna winced...and decided it was going to be a VERY long day!

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is this the end of Noofy! Will the Reds ever manage to....' twack him down?'
    and will Dazza ever get to play 'Stairway to Heaven.'.......

    Let's all chase Noofy...... all over the Cliffs of Dover skies in......Operation 'Hornet's Nest!'......this Wednesday, September 6th, Axis v Allies Server. See you there!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Sep-03-2023 at 12:27.

  2. #2
    Novice Pilot checkhov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.07 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    OPERATION: 'HORNET'S NEST'
    Date: Wednesday, Sept 6, 2023
    Time: 1900 GMT
    Server: ATAG Axis vs Allies Public Server

    (Please note that this event will be accessible to both Blitz-only and Blitz + Tobruk players.)

    The Prime Minister's Bedroom, Whitehall, London.....

    'For God's sake, Winston! What the hell are you playing at,' screamed Clemmie Churchill, as she burst into her husband's bedroom.

    'Strewth! Damn n' blathed!' shouted the great man, flinging his cigar away as flames enveloped the eiderdown, singed his socks and began making inroads towards his underpants!

    'How many times have I told you not to smoke in bed!'screamed his wife. 'But do you ever listen? Oh no......in one fat ear, and out the.......!'

    Before she could finish, Winston, leapt up, and slapped at the burning eiderdown helplessly. At the same time, taking control, Clemmie doused the flames with a well aimed deluge from the flower vase!

    'Sometimes, only a woman will do,' she sighed, as she levelled her gimlet gaze at her hubby's singed features. 'Who the hell...... IS...... running the country while you're busy burning the house down?'

    'You may well ask, dearest,' sighed the hero of the Boer War, and then attempting a different tack........ 'What news this morning, my duck.......my love.......?'

    'Don't you 'my duck,' me,' sneered Clemmie with a withering glance at her husband's flannel (and somewhat blackened) pyjamas. 'And for God's sake get dressed! Those Air Sea Rescue types have let Bondi escape. He's disappeared into Northern France...... no doubt to 'rally the troops.' There'll be hell to pay for this....and Noofy's hit the McVities Factory again!

    'Not my digestives?' groaned Winston. 'Dithasther! How can the Reds ever come back from thith?'

    Twenty minutes later - The War Room

    'Edna!' grumbled Winston, still in his pyjama's, 'get in here! Now!'

    Having suffered another ear whigging from his wife, it's fair to say the Prime Minster was not......'at his best!'
    A smart, dapper little woman, obviously the Pm's Secretary, entered the room briskly. Noting the Prime Minister's...er.... smouldering attire..... she sniffed the air and said.....

    'Prime Minister....do you smell smoke?'

    'Never mind that,' he said briskly, (cough, cough!).... 'send those Air Sea Blighters in immediately!'
    A few minutes later the first of those....er.... 'Blighters'.... stepped into the room.

    'Top o' the morning t' ya, Winnie! Jack Max at your service!' grinned our inhabitant of 'the Emerald Isle. 'Can I interest you in a pint 'o Guiness, Sir...t'put 'airs on yer manly chest, loike?'

    'A bloody oirishman!' winced Winnie, visibly groaning,......'I suppose I asked for that......and who the hell are you?'

    Winston was staring at the second newcomer, who, despite wearing RAF 'blue,' was sporting a beautiful Les Paul '59 round his neck, whilst his left hand deftly fingured a well know opening riff!

    'SMOKE ON THE BLOODY WATER?' snarled the Leader of the Western World. 'You can't play that here! Who the hell are you?'

    'Dazza, Sir,' smarmed the musician, turning on his very best stage smile.

    'Well, you can BOGG OFF,' shouted Winston. 'We need pilots not....you...you creative types! Lithen here....... you Blighters let Bondi ethscape....and Noofy's destroywd my bithcuits.....AGAIN! Thumthings got to give......stho.....I'm creating a new outfit and you're the firtst recrewts! Your job is to 'nobble Noofy!' He must not be allowed to wander around Kent willy nilly. Damnation! He's been wunning wings around you! I want him twacked....followed..... and sthot down....licketty thplit! Is that clear?'

    Winston turned the full strength of his ministerial glare on Jack and Dazz, who seemed silenced by the enormous task just thrust upon them.

    'Now...get to it!' snarled Winston and with a final dismissive wave of his hand shouted, ' Get out!'

    At the door, Dazza, summoned all his courage and through gritted teeth, offered.......

    'Quick burst of.......Stairway to Heaven?'

    GET OOOOUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!!!

    Sitting outside, Edna winced...and decided it was going to be a VERY long day!

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is this the end of Noofy! Will the Reds ever manage to....' twack him down?'
    and will Dazza ever get to play 'Stairway to Heaven.'.......

    Let's all chase Noofy...... all over the Cliffs of Dover skies in......Operation 'Hornet's Nest!'......this Wednesday, September 6th, Axis v Allies Server. See you there!
    I hear Interpol,CIA,FBI and MI5 are looking for Noofy's whereabout's guess just find a guy with a JU88 parked on his driveway LOL!

  3. #3
    Team Fusion ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    https://w3w.co/chat.hisses.lofty
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Brilliant intro Marlow!

    I’m glad I had such effect on Winsty. When he gets the news of what I’ll do next he is going to have a heart attack for sure, and this may well be the end of this war. Psy Ops as we call it…
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Sep-03-2023 at 15:19.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  4. #4
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    450.24 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Hi everyone,

    Here's a little bit more gen on Operation Hornet's Nest:


    OPERATION HORNET'S NEST




    TO: All RAF squadron CO/XO's
    FROM: British High Command
    DATE: 5th of January, 1941.
    TIME: 1215
    WEATHER: Cloudy, winds 080 at 7 knots gusting to 10.


    The Axis powers have much of France under the control of the Gestapo now. The last remaining Allies have been cutoff and trapped on the Cherbourg peninsula and Hitler expects the full occupation of France within days.


    MISSION OBJECTIVES:
    ---------------------------------
    A British commando unit has been trapped behind front lines after being forced to abort last nights sabotage mission of an important bridge east of Honfluer. German Panzer units have massed on the outskirts of the costal town of Trouville-sur-mer and are awaiting further orders. Destroy them to clear the way for a rescue operation. AO 3.9

    An important German motorpool in sector AQ 4.9 (east of Honfluer, north of the river near the bridge) must be destroyed. It is a vital re-arming and re-feuling point for Germany army units on their way across the rest of France.


    The 7th Flieger Division (German Paratroopers) have began massing at Le Havre airfield. Destroy them before they can drop further troops behind our lines! AO 5.9


    Le Havre airfield is home to the largest fuel depot within the German front lines. Destroy the fuel depot located on the NW side of the airfield. AO 5.9


    A German radar installation has gone up and poses a risk to our planned evacuation of the Cherbourg peninsula. Destroy this site and mask our escape. AP 6.4


    The airfield at Rouen is the most forward operating base for the Luftwaffe heavy bomb command. Crater the airfield and hamper their bombing campaign. AW 4.3


    A company of German troops are awaiting pick up via train to the front lines. Destroy them and cripple the bridge. AV 3.5


    A small amphibious assault group carrying several Schutzstaffel units have been spotted leaving Le Havre harbor, headed towards the Cherbourg peninsula. Sink the ships and thwart this flanking maneuver! AN 5.7


    TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY
    ------------------------------------------
    The Germans are using France's rail system to transport food, ammunition and troops to various commands. These soft targets are "Targets of Opportunity" and ROE are clear. Beware allied units close to the front are using trains as well.




    END OF ALLIED BRIEFING
    ---------------------------------------




    TO: Forward stationed Luftwaffe commanders
    FROM: Oberkommando der Luftwaffe
    DATE: 5th of January, 1941
    TIME: 1215
    WEATHER: Cloudy, winds 080 at 7 knots gusting to 10.


    Our conquest of Europe continues unmatched as we reach further into France. The last remaining British and French infantry units are on the run and the RAF squadrons have implemented evacuation orders from the Cherbourg peninsula.


    MISSION OBJECTIVES:
    ---------------------------------
    Querqueville airfield is being used by the Allies as a medical evacuation site and is heavily defended leaving the airfield near Theville open for targeting. Crater the runway making it unusable. AD 7.2


    The Allies main fuel source for the main evacuation is being stored on the N side of the airfield at Theville. Evacuation aircraft are being staged and fueled. Destroy this fuel depot and staging area. AD 7.2


    The British have set up a temporary ammunition depot just outside the Cherbourg peninsula and are using it to supply their forward operating bases and infantry units that will be covering the evacuation. It is strategically located near waterways, rail systems and roads. Destroy this ammunition depot and cut off their supplies. AF 3.4


    A strategic bridge located just north of the ammunition depot must be destroyed to cut off the main supply and evacuation route of the Allies. The bridge spans three river branches, target the middle section and destroy that span. AF 3.4


    The British have started to mass troops and supplies in preparation for a sea evacuation near the water inlet between Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Isigny-sur-Mer. Destroy the Allies before they can retreat back to England. AF 3.8


    A squadron of RAF night fighters have been deployed to the airfield at Crepon. These fighters are responsible for last nights strafing runs on our forward lines. Ground them permanently. AK 3.4


    Caen has become the Allies last forward strong point. Ground troops have started massing within the city limits just N of the main rail yard. Pound this section of the city and rail yards to cut off any incoming trains and demoralize the morale of the ground troops. Focus bombing on the two factories across the river from the railyard and the troop tents, field hospital and trains on the northern edge of the railyard. AL 1.8


    A small amphibious convoy has been spotted leaving the Allied sea evacuation staging area. Sink the ships before they can escape. AH 6.4


    TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY
    -------------------------------------------
    We have taken control of the rail system within our lines and they have become invaluable to our movement. Be on the look out for these soft targets that the Allies are using as well within their front to carry cargo and troops to and from the forward lines.


    END OF AXIS BRIEFING
    ------------------------------------
    [Army Red]
    <Name>
    Army Red
    <Description>
    OPERATION HORNET'S NEST


    TO: All RAF squadron CO/XO's
    FROM: British High Command
    DATE: 5th of January, 1941
    TIME: 1215
    WEATHER: Cloudy, winds 080 at 7 knots gusting to 10.


    The Axis powers have much of France under the control of the Gestapo now. The last remaining Allies have been cutoff and trapped on the Cherbourg peninsula and Hitler expects the full occupation of France within days.


    MISSION OBJECTIVES:
    ---------------------------------
    A British commando unit has been trapped behind front lines after being forced to abort last nights sabotage mission of an important bridge east of Honfluer. German Panzer units have massed on the outskirts of the costal town of Trouville-sur-mer and are awaiting further orders. Destroy them to clear the way for a rescue operation. AO 3.9

    An important German motorpool in sector AQ 4.9 (east of Honfluer, north of the river near the bridge) must be destroyed. It is a vital re-arming and re-feuling point for Germany army units on their way across the rest of France.


    The 7th Flieger Division (German Paratroopers) have began massing at Le Havre airfield. Destroy them before they can drop further troops behind our lines! AO 5.9


    Le Havre airfield is home to the largest fuel depot within the German front lines. Destroy the fuel depot located on the NW side of the airfield. AO 5.9


    A German radar installation has gone up and poses a risk to our planned evacuation of the Cherbourg peninsula. Destroy this site and mask our escape. AP 6.4


    The airfield at Rouen is the most forward operating base for the Luftwaffe heavy bomb command. Crater the airfield and hamper their bombing campaign. AW 4.3


    A company of German troops are awaiting pick up via train to the front lines. Destroy them and cripple the bridge. AV 3.5


    A small amphibious assault group carrying several Schutzstaffel units has been spotted leaving Le Havre harbor, headed towards the Cherbourg peninsula. Sink the ships and thwart this flanking maneuver! AN 5.7


    TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY
    ------------------------------------------
    The Germans are using France's rail system to transport food, ammunition and troops to various commands. These soft targets are "Targets of Opportunity" and ROE are clear. Beware allied units close to the front are using trains as well.




    END OF ALLIED BRIEFING
    ---------------------------------------
    (airspawn available north-east of St. Lo)
    [Army Blue]
    <Name>
    Army Blue
    <Description>
    OPERATION HORNET'S NEST


    TO: Forward stationed Luftwaffe commanders
    FROM: Oberkommando der Luftwaffe
    DATE: 5th of January, 1940.
    TIME: 1215
    WEATHER: Cloudy, winds 080 at 7 knots gusting to 10.


    Our conquest of Europe continues unmatched as we reach further into France. The last remaining British and French infantry units are on the run and the RAF squadrons have implemented evacuation orders from the Cherbourg peninsula.


    MISSION OBJECTIVES:
    ---------------------------------
    Querqueville airfield is being used by the Allies as a medical evacuation site and is heavily defended leaving the airfield near Theville open for targeting. Crater the runway making it unusable. AD 7.2


    The Allies main fuel source for the main evacuation is being stored on the N side of the airfield at Theville. Evacuation aircraft are being staged and fueled. Destroy this fuel depot and staging area. AD 7.2


    The British have set up a temporary ammunition depot just outside the Cherbourg peninsula and are using it to supply their forward operating bases and infantry units that will be covering the evacuation. It is strategically located near waterways, rail systems and roads. Destroy this ammunition depot and cut off their supplies. AF 3.4


    A strategic bridge located just north of the ammunition depot must be destroyed to cut off the main supply and evacuation route of the Allies. The bridge spans three river branches, target the middle section and destroy that span. AF 3.4


    The British have started to mass troops and supplies in preparation for a sea evacuation near the water inlet between Sainte-Mere-Eglise and Isigny-sur-Mer. Destroy the Allies before they can retreat back to England. AF 3.8


    A squadron of RAF night fighters have been deployed to the airfield at Crepon. These fighters are responsible for last nights strafing runs on our forward lines. Ground them permanently. AK 3.4


    Caen has become the Allies last forward strong point. Ground troops have started massing within the city limits just north of the main rail yard. Pound this section of the city and rail yards to cut off any incoming trains and demoralize the morale of the ground troops. Focus bombing on the two factories across the river from the railyard and the troop tents, field hospital and trains on the northern edge of the railyard. AL 1.8


    A small amphibious convoy has been spotted leaving the Allied sea evacuation staging area. Sink the ships before they can escape. AH 6.4


    TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY
    -------------------------------------------
    We have taken control of the rail system within our lines and they have become invaluable to our movement. Be on the look out for these soft targets that the Allies are using as well within their front to carry cargo and troops to and from the forward lines.


    END OF AXIS BRIEFING
    -----------------------------------
    (airspawn for CAI available east of Yvetot)


    [BirthPlace]
    "Caen-Carpiquet " 1 117895 18148 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Crepon " 1 111530 33309 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Querqueville " 1 27922 72637 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Bembridge " 1 76229 179879 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Le Tilleul-Othon" 2 208234 10140 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Dieppe " 2 229190 96289 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Le Havre" 2 157335 57899 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "RAF Airborne" 1 77801 17682 500 1 0 1 . . .
    "CAI Airborne" 2 224275 71808 500 1 0 1 . . .
    "Theville " 1 43810 70598 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Rouen " 2 236625 41496 0 1 1 1 . . .
    [BirthPlace0]
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV_Late
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.BeaufighterMkIF
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF_Late
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
    [BirthPlace1]
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
    [BirthPlace2]
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIIa
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF_Late
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
    [BirthPlace3]
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIIa
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV_Late
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.BeaufighterMkIF
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF_Late
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
    [BirthPlace4]
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-7
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4
    Aircraft.G50
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
    Aircraft.Ju-87B-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N_Late
    [BirthPlace5]
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-7
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
    Aircraft.Ju-88A-1
    Aircraft.G50
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1B
    Aircraft.He-111P-2
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-2
    Aircraft.He-111H-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
    Aircraft.BR-20M
    Aircraft.Ju-87B-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N_Late
    [BirthPlace6]
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-7
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4Late
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
    Aircraft.G50
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1B
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
    Aircraft.BR-20M
    Aircraft.Ju-87B-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4_Late
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N_Late
    [BirthPlace7]
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV_Late
    Aircraft.BeaufighterMkIF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.DH82A-1
    [BirthPlace8]
    Aircraft.G50
    Aircraft.BR-20M
    Aircraft.DH82A-2
    [BirthPlace9]
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIIa
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV_Late
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.BeaufighterMkIF
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF_Late
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct
    [BirthPlace10]
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-7
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-4Late
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3B
    Aircraft.Ju-88A-1
    Aircraft.G50
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-1B
    Aircraft.He-111P-2
    Aircraft.Bf-110C-2
    Aircraft.He-111H-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-3
    Aircraft.BR-20M
    Aircraft.Ju-87B-2
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4_Late
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4B
    Aircraft.Bf-109E-4N_Late


    HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

  5. #5
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    450.24 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Operation Hornet's Nest is based on the old Relinquish mission created by Spiritus. Here's more info:

    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ght=Relinquish


    HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

  6. #6
    ATAG Member ATAG_JackMaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Great map should be fun
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

  7. #7
    ATAG Member ATAG_JackMaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    I will gladly give up my Satur..I think I used this before, its difficult, all the Hollywood script guys are on strike, Marlow must use agency peeps. Never mind Little Jack will have a solution ,won't you ?

    Its easy Get Noofy

    Noofy cross.jpg
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

  8. #8
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Greetings all
    Slotty back from hols and reporting for duty.

    Wednesday 6th evening inked in.
    Sorry to miss the last event and see it generated much discussion.

    As a die hard Wimpy squad member I am in the briefing ingress/egress and study recon photos camp which are vital for successful ops. (Especially with my navigation "skill"). IMHO the navigator was potentially the most important position in a bomber but as always a team effort.

    Thanks for photo link. Already studying!
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP1) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

  9. #9
    Supporting Member Amarok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.87 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Moin comrades,

    I'm in!
    Gruß Amarok

  10. #10
    Supporting Member Dazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    All things being well, I'm in.
    I like this old map. Fun Blennie times.

    Hoorah
    Daz

  11. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Snapper, OBT~Polak liked this post
  12. #11
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    swimming in the channel
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.53 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Count me in i'll be doing some practice tonight to brush up on some flight time.
    is this a reds only event ? asking so i know which to practice in.
    Asus B350-Plus, AMD Ryzen5 5600 3.6Ghz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, XFX 6700XT 12Gb
    Iiyama 27" monitor 2560 x 1440
    Thrustmaster FCS PS3 EYE LED Tracking

  13. Likes ATAG_Snapper, OBT~Polak liked this post
  14. #12
    ATAG Member ATAG_Snarglepuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lethbridge, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    571
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.0 KB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    AAUUGHHHH!! ..... the day I return to my post retirement incarnation at the Uni.........
    I shall be engaged elsewhere Gentlemen ..........
    Know that I'll be cheering you all on to SMITE THEM!!!
    NO MERCY!!!
    SMITE THEM HIP AND THIGH!!!!!
    Intel Core i7 9700k (8-core), 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6 GHz. 16GB DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz Dual Channel HyperX
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X. 512GB M.2 PCle NVMe SSD (Boot)
    Alienware 850 Watt power supply liquid cooled. Alienware 34in Curved WQHD 3440 x 1440 @ 120Hz. G-SYNC. DP 1.2 mode.
    Thrustmaster 1600, Saitek rudder pedals.

  15. #13
    Combat pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Thank you again gentlemen for organizing an event.

    Présent et prêt au combat

  16. #14
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    91.67 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Awesome!!! Count me in!

    Couple of questions if you could spare the time:

    1. 5th of January, 1941 means winter map?

    2. AO3.9 means grid reference AO 3 - keypad 9?

    3. Why don't the grid references match the ones in the server or the map editor? it's like it's a 30x30 instead of a 60x60

    4. What is 1 117895 18148 0 1 1 1 . . . and am I suppose to do something with it?

    Thank you for putting these events together and keeping them funky fresh!

  17. #15
    Public Relations ATAG_Marlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
    Posts
    1,889
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    We will certainly miss....'The hero of the Bloated Blennie Brigade,' Snargle......... and will endeavor to maintain your high standards. To be fair, you have earned some quality time away from the Front Line after your 'adventures' in Gestapo HQ, Amiens! Such a narrow escape!


    Hi MezzA....delighted you are able to join us!

    My intro's do seem to suggest that this is a 'Red only Event' but.....try telling that to Noofy, Bondi, Polak, Amarok, Riksen, 9./JG52...... and all the other very fine Blue pilots! If it is a Red only Event why the hell do we keep getting shot down! Grrr!

    Feel free to fly either Red or Blue according to your own particular bent......just remember: some of us are definitely more 'bent'....... than others! Ha ha! Salute!

  18. #16
    Team Fusion ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    https://w3w.co/chat.hisses.lofty
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post
    Awesome!!! Count me in!

    Couple of questions if you could spare the time:

    1. 5th of January, 1941 means winter map?

    2. AO3.9 means grid reference AO 3 - keypad 9?

    3. Why don't the grid references match the ones in the server or the map editor? it's like it's a 30x30 instead of a 60x60

    4. What is 1 117895 18148 0 1 1 1 . . . and am I suppose to do something with it?

    Thank you for putting these events together and keeping them funky fresh!
    Hi, I can try to answer.

    1. This I don't know. I never saw this mission on a winter map, but maybe this has changed? We'll see on Wednesday.

    2. Yes

    3. The author of the mission has the choice to select the grid size he wants. However this particular map follows the standard 10x10 km2 squares. You can find a good reference map with these coordinates if you click on MANUALS from the simulator's main menu, navigate to the subfolder *\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\manuals\aircraft\Maps for flashcards, and open the "Channel Map for flashcards.jpg".

    2023-09-04_234617.jpg

    4. These are the exact coordinates in the Mission Builder. In your example, this is center of the Caen Carpiquet Airfield as you can see in this snapshot

    2023-09-04_235259.jpg

    You don't need it unless you want to get into the FMB and get a closer look at the location.

    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  19. #17
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    91.67 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Thanks for the info Noofy,

    I just need one more little piece of info: how do I match the BirthPlace name with the ID so that I can see which planes are available at which location?

    For example we have:
    [BirthPlace0]
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV_Late
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIV
    Aircraft.BeaufighterMkIF
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkIa_100oct
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF
    Aircraft.BlenheimMkIVF_Late
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.SpitfireMkI_100oct
    Aircraft.HurricaneMkI_dH5-20_100oct

    and

    [BirthPlace]
    "Caen-Carpiquet " 1 117895 18148 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Crepon " 1 111530 33309 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Querqueville " 1 27922 72637 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Bembridge " 1 76229 179879 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Le Tilleul-Othon" 2 208234 10140 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Dieppe " 2 229190 96289 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Le Havre" 2 157335 57899 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "RAF Airborne" 1 77801 17682 500 1 0 1 . . .
    "CAI Airborne" 2 224275 71808 500 1 0 1 . . .
    "Theville " 1 43810 70598 0 1 1 1 . . .
    "Rouen " 2 236625 41496 0 1 1 1 . . .

    How do I know which is BirthPlace0?

    Thanks once again for clearing these things up. This game as a game is a lot to wrap your head around, as a piece of software it's a lot to wrap your head around and as a flight sim... you get the idea...

  20. Likes OBT~Polak liked this post
  21. #18
    Novice Pilot brunov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    France
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Total Downloaded
    363.22 MB

    Red face Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    I will be there on Wednesday.
    thanks to the organizers
    Win 10 Pro 64 bits, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4Go, 20Go RAM, 32'' 1920 x 1080
    Open track v1.1, MS FFB 2, Hotas wartog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals

    https://obteam.forumsactifs.net/

  22. #19
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    313
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post

    How do I know which is BirthPlace0?
    Hiya SchiopulCiung

    Snapper post #5 had a link to original map briefing which also includes really helpful recon photos of most of the targets to check out. Worth some pre event reconnaissance planning.

    (Dam is unfortunately not now included. Was about to start humming the theme tune....)

    The original airfield plane sets (unless changed for this Wednesday) were as follows:

    RED:
    Bembridge: SpitIIa, SpitIa(100),HurricaneI(100), BlenheimIV, BlenheimIVF
    Querqueville: SpitIIa, SpitIa(100), HurricaneI(100), BlenheimIV
    Theville: SpitIIa, SpitIa(100), SpitIa, HurricaneI(100), BlenheimIVF
    Crepon: SpitIa, SpitIa(100), HurricaneI(100), BelnheimIVF
    Carpiquet (Caen): SpitIa, SpitIa(100), SpitI, HurricaneIDH5, HurricaneI(100), BlenheimIVF, BlenheimIV

    BLUE:
    Le Havre: BF109E1,E1B,E3,E3B,E4, BF110C4,C4N,C7,C7Late, G50
    Le-tilleul-Othon: BF109E1,E3,E4, BF110C4,C4N,C7,C7Late, G50, JU87
    Rouen: BF109E1,E1B,E3,E3B,E4,E4N,E4B, BF110C2,C4,C4N,C7,C7Late, G50, JU87, JU88, BR20, HE111P2,H2
    Dieppe: BF109E1,E1B,E3,E3B,E4,E4N,E4B, BF110C2,C4,C4N,C7,C7Late, G50, JU87, JU88, BR20, HE111P2,H2

    See you in the sky tomorrow.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 32GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP1) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

  23. #20
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2022
    Location
    Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.3 KB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Love the intro Marlow, and this sounds like a lot of fun... Sadly I can't make Weds evening, but I suspect there will be the inevitable rematch So I look forward to that.

    Once again I think these events are lot of fun and I always look forward to them, thanks so much to all those involved in staging.

    Heggers

  24. #21
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    91.67 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Thanks Slot I think I get in now.

    If I do get it then the briefing in the attachment is correct. The resolution is quite poor but any glaring mistakes should be visible to someone who knows this game. The original is a 17MB pdf that allows me to zoom in on the recon photos but I can't upload that here.

    I marked the spawn points with concentric circles. Green circle means fighters available, Blue circle means bombers available and I was thinking about using an Orange circle to mark Fighter-bomber available but I need to check out which of the fighters listed can carry bombs.

    I also changed the brown of towns and roads to a vomitingly fluorescent shade of pink for easier navigation.

    There are 2 objectives for which I couldn't find any recon photos but I will see what I can do in the editor when I return home from work.

    I don't know if I understood correctly what magnetic deviation is so the compass present might be wrong.

    I plan on using it during the event on a second monitor for easy referencing.

    I don't know if I'm allowed to post such things but I am a big fan of lines on maps and I need help understanding how the maps in this game work.

    Once again thank you all!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. Likes ATAG_Slot, OBT~Polak liked this post
  26. #22
    Ace Bonditaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Jolly good, I like that mission. I'll fly 109's with bombs from Le Havre to Crepon until I've been shot down too much then I'll retreat to Rouen and fly a 4N into the stratosphere...

    ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

  27. #23
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    450.24 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Jolly good, I like that mission. I'll fly 109's with bombs from Le Havre to Crepon until I've been shot down too much then I'll retreat to Rouen and fly a 4N into the stratosphere...
    All the Red fighter pilots capping Crepon: “Where’s Bondi? He said he’d be bombing here but there’s no sign of him!!!??!! What’s going on???”



    HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

  28. #24
    Novice Pilot checkhov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.07 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    All the Red fighter pilots capping Crepon: “Where’s Bondi? He said he’d be bombing here but there’s no sign of him!!!??!! What’s going on???”

    Hi Bondi have you tried the 109 with high alt bomb fuse? doubt if it is very accurate though, guess the 87 would be a better bet!

  29. #25
    Novice Pilot brunov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    France
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Total Downloaded
    363.22 MB

    Smile Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post
    Thanks Slot I think I get in now.

    If I do get it then the briefing in the attachment is correct. The resolution is quite poor but any glaring mistakes should be visible to someone who knows this game. The original is a 17MB pdf that allows me to zoom in on the recon photos but I can't upload that here.

    I marked the spawn points with concentric circles. Green circle means fighters available, Blue circle means bombers available and I was thinking about using an Orange circle to mark Fighter-bomber available but I need to check out which of the fighters listed can carry bombs.

    I also changed the brown of towns and roads to a vomitingly fluorescent shade of pink for easier navigation.

    There are 2 objectives for which I couldn't find any recon photos but I will see what I can do in the editor when I return home from work.

    I don't know if I understood correctly what magnetic deviation is so the compass present might be wrong.

    I plan on using it during the event on a second monitor for easy referencing.

    I don't know if I'm allowed to post such things but I am a big fan of lines on maps and I need help understanding how the maps in this game work.

    Once again thank you all!!!
    I try to give you a response :In 1940 the magnetic deviation was 10° approximately.

    So when you mesure your course on the map for exemple Querqueville -Rouen in direct Road i read 98°. in my plane, i follow a course off 108° (+10°) and i adjust my compas to follow 108°.
    I hope i'ts clear for you ?
    See you tomorrow
    Win 10 Pro 64 bits, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4Go, 20Go RAM, 32'' 1920 x 1080
    Open track v1.1, MS FFB 2, Hotas wartog, T.Flight Rudder Pedals

    https://obteam.forumsactifs.net/

  30. #26
    Ace Bonditaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by checkhov View Post
    Hi Bondi have you tried the 109 with high alt bomb fuse? doubt if it is very accurate though, guess the 87 would be a better bet!
    No I never have used a high-altitude fuse on a 109 B, I use the low altitude fuse with 14 seconds delay and shall attack Crepon at low level after a dive from the North over the sea. I used to do all sorts of high-altitude high-angle dive bombing in the Hurricane bomber when I flew Red, but it was always a-historical and not in the spirit of 'simulation' so I stopped doing it...

  31. Likes ATAG_SchiopulCiung liked this post
  32. #27
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    91.67 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by brunov View Post
    I try to give you a response :In 1940 the magnetic deviation was 10° approximately.

    So when you mesure your course on the map for exemple Querqueville -Rouen in direct Road i read 98°. in my plane, i follow a course off 108° (+10°) and i adjust my compas to follow 108°.
    I hope i'ts clear for you ?
    See you tomorrow
    Very clear man!!! I placed the compas dial on top of Querqueville an drew a direct line to the center of Rouen and it gave me 108 so my asumption that I have to tilt the dial by 10 degrees to the left was corect.


    If there are others out there who are lines-on-maps fans and want to see the red briefing here it is: https://file.io/wggVjbkY0Tfa It's not the fastest file sharer out there but it's among the safest I know.

    The compas dials are lined up with the center of the runways so they should give a correct heading. I wasn't able to find more details about the new objectives but I will before the rematch

    I actually know where I am supposed to go and roughly where I will die trying to get there (Bondi helped with the latter aswell). It's a nice change, thank you all for that!

  33. #28
    Team Fusion ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    https://w3w.co/chat.hisses.lofty
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post
    I don't know if I understood correctly what magnetic deviation is so the compass present might be wrong.
    Again, the forum is full of info, and the search bar is your friend…

    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34828
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  34. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
  35. #29
    ATAG Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2023
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    91.67 MB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Again, the forum is full of info, and the search bar is your friend…

    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=34828
    Oh Noofy I lurk around this forum for over 10 hours per week soaking up what you guys have been writing for the past decade. I have read every post about magnetic deviation including the one you recommended and then I got in a Spitfire and ended up not even close to where I wanted to get. I thought I didn't get it but when brunov gave me that very simple example I tried it in a 109 and realized my problem was the inept handling of the Spitfire's course setter.

    I got into this game around August 1st and I promise you that by November 1st I won't need to make silly posts anymore

  36. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
  37. #30
    Team Fusion ATAG_Noofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    https://w3w.co/chat.hisses.lofty
    Posts
    2,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

    Re: Operation 'hornet's nest - wednesday, september 6th, 1900 gmt, axis v allies

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post
    Oh Noofy I lurk around this forum for over 10 hours per week soaking up what you guys have been writing for the past decade. I have read every post about magnetic deviation including the one you recommended and then I got in a Spitfire and ended up not even close to where I wanted to get. I thought I didn't get it but when brunov gave me that very simple example I tried it in a 109 and realized my problem was the inept handling of the Spitfire's course setter.

    I got into this game around August 1st and I promise you that by November 1st I won't need to make silly posts anymore
    It is NEVER silly to ask a question when you don't know.
    Some philosopher once said: "if you ask a stupid question, you may look stupid for 5 minutes, but if you don't ask your questions you'll remain stupid for life".
    Please feel comfortable to ask whatever question you need answered on this forum. We've all be through this at some point, and are always happy to help.

    This being said, I myself still do not understand the logic of the British compass that looks (imho) more suited to navigate in a boat than in the air...

    Quote Originally Posted by SchiopulCiung View Post
    ... I have read every post about magnetic deviation including the one you recommended ...
    If you had closely read the post in my link you would not be mixing magnetic deviation and magnetic declination anymore...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

  38. Likes ATAG_SchiopulCiung liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •