Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DLC Fortresses and Focke Wulfs: Dieppe Will Arrive In Late 2024

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

New DLC Fortresses and Focke Wulfs: Dieppe Will Arrive In Late 2024

Announcement from Fulqrum:

Greetings, pilots,

It is our greatest pleasure to announce that we are working on a new DLC for IL-2 STURMOVIK called Fortresses and Focke Wulfs: Dieppe! It will find its way to your computers during late 2024. To celebrate this occasion, we have permanently reduced the price of our previous DLC, the IL-2 Sturmovik: Desert Wings - Tobruk AND we will be running an additional 50% discount starting today, October 16, at 7pm CEST / 10am PT, for a whole week - until October 23.

But now, let's watch the official trailer:

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: New DLC Fortresses and Focke Wulfs: Dieppe Will Arrive In Late 2024

I like the music (amongst all the rest). Really building up the tension.
    New composition?
    Last edited by DerDa; Oct-18-2023 at 15:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Announcement from Fulqrum:
    It is our greatest pleasure to announce that we are working on a new DLC for IL-2 STURMOVIK called Fortresses and Focke Wulfs: Dieppe! It will find its way to your computers during late 2024.
    ell me where to ask a question about FFB (Force Feedback)?
    Will it be possible to use these devices? Is it possible in the protocol to receive data on speed, overload, acceleration force....
    It’s a strange situation, the devices are already there, but the games don’t notice them yet.
    Please contact the project engineers, this cannot be missed just like VR!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/...D0%BE/page/74/

https://t.me/FAQFFB/226

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

ffb works fine like wine in this and the next version
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

5. Likes GR_Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    685.65 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    I like the music (amongst all the rest). Really building up the tension.
    New composition?
    I believe so.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    Modern simulators broadcast telemetry, and all the forces on the handle and pedals are generated based on this data.
    What about Cliffs over Dover? It won’t work out like on the obsolete “standard FFB”, that at 0 km/h the handle is empty, and the force will not increase smoothly, as it should, but for example, at 100 km/h it will stiffen and that’s it. (these are the properties of the 'standard-obsolete FFB', unfortunately).
    Last edited by GR_Val; Oct-21-2023 at 15:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

...during late 2024.
    At the end of 2024?
    At first I was happy, I didn’t read it carefully, I thought at the end of this year.
    Another 14 months.
    Will there be VR, or should we not wait?
    Last edited by GR_Val; Oct-21-2023 at 17:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by GR_Val View Post
    At the end of 2024?
    At first I was happy, I didn’t read it carefully, I thought at the end of this year.
    Another 14 months.
    Will there be VR, or should we not wait?

Sorry to disappoint. Many are working very hard to get this finished.

Yes, there will be VR.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by GR_Val View Post
    Modern simulators broadcast telemetry, and all the forces on the handle and pedals are generated based on this data.
    What about Cliffs over Dover? It won’t work out like on the obsolete “standard FFB”, that at 0 km/h the handle is empty, and the force will not increase smoothly, as it should, but for example, at 100 km/h it will stiffen and that’s it. (these are the properties of the 'standard-obsolete FFB', unfortunately).
    I can control and feel all the the forces, gradually, and I can feel exactly the difference in speed by the throttle, more technical stuff if there is some separated telemetry we should ask the devs,
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

11. Likes PO_Baldrick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

I flew the G940 with FFB. на G940 летал с FFB. The fact that FFB exists is certain. But on this joy it somehow worked strangely along the axes. Pitch is weak, roll is heavy.

I tried it and configured only standard FFB in the joystick. I assigned the axes in the application that comes with the game, when the game starts, the handle gets heavy, when the mission starts, it starts to twitch, but the plane is not controlled. I assigned axes in the game settings, when the mission starts, the plane is controlled, but there are no effects, the handle remains oak. It seems as if the joystick just freezes, because the load remains even after the game is turned off, until the joystick is rebooted. Doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by GR_Val; Oct-23-2023 at 04:07.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Sorry to disappoint. Many are working very hard to get this finished.

Yes, there will be VR.

We wait!
    Good luck in this difficult task!

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

...more technical stuff if there is some separated telemetry we should ask the devs,
    How to do it? Who exactly should I contact and where?
    A very important and correct topic of FFB, especially in conjunction with VR.
    FFB devices are expensive and custom made. I really want to use them in my favorite simulator, and I want to spend money on the result.
    Therefore, I am consulting (I am transmitting your answers to the developers of FBB devices, they tried it and I announced the results here).
    Unfortunately, I don't speak English.
    Last edited by GR_Val; Oct-23-2023 at 16:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

I think this will help you.

I had an issue with the hurricane 40mm not long ago, maybe you could use the force edit software to help you with your ffb system

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...highlight=40mm

17. Likes GR_Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

I had an issue with the hurricane 40mm not long ago, maybe you could use the force edit software to help you with your ffb system
    This program is not entirely different.
    I'll take the risk of sending my video.
    Where you can see everything how the handle behaves at different speeds

Last edited by GR_Val; Oct-24-2023 at 15:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Still interesting, is there a thread on the forum where you can ask questions directly to the developers?
    Somewhere they receive feedback from players (suggestions, discovered bugs, ....)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

dudes, hear me out.

it's doable in cliffs, multi crew in vr?
    Last edited by Lorena; Nov-22-2023 at 18:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

dudes, hear me out.

it's doable in cliffs, multi crew in vr?
    Yes, the B-17, (and all other aircraft released with DIEPPE) will be usable in VR.

But you will not be able to get up and walk around the B-17... too much 3D work required in non-essential areas, for non-essential tasks... in DIEPPE you will have the ability to man distinct crew stations, same as the Wellington or any other bomber in the CLIFFS series, and use the Flight controls/weapons/bombsights in VR.

22. Likes Stormrider, GR_Val, ATAG_Marlow, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Yes, the B-17, (and all other aircraft released with DIEPPE) will be usable in VR.

But you will not be able to get up and walk around the B-17... too much 3D work required in non-essential areas, for non-essential tasks... in DIEPPE you will have the ability to man distinct crew stations, same as the Wellington or any other bomber in the CLIFFS series, and use the Flight controls/weapons/bombsights in VR.
    no need to walk, but multicrew is available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    685.65 MB

no need to walk, but multicrew is available?
    Buzzsaw quoted from that other forum:

'We will make the Rear, Top, and Ball turrets playable. In addition the .50 caliber MG's in the Bombardier's nose cabin will also be playable. (as well as the Norden bombsight)
    We are not making the Waist gunner positions playable for two reasons... 1) these positions were the least accurate or effective of any in the aircraft, most players would not choose them, (2) to model them would require a huge amount of time on the part of our 3D team, not worthwhile when you consider they could be modeling the cockpit of another aircraft in less time. 3) these positions would also require we create some complex animations to represent the fact there are two gunners and each would be moving around and sighting their weapon. If two players were manning both positions, then animations would be required to follow the player movements.
    Of course the Waist positions will be active, and visible in the external model, but controlled by the AI.
    We won't be making the Radio and Navigator's positions playable either... again, in game terms these positions are not necessary... and these compartments are complex, would require a lot of 3D work and animations for the two crew members would be required
    '

Though you possibly mean the ability to fly with several positions manned by several people online. I can't answer that.
    Last edited by major_setback; Nov-25-2023 at 17:08.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

25. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    Buzzsaw quoted from that other forum:

If two players were manning both positions, then animations would be required to follow the player movements.
    '

Though you possibly mean the ability to fly with several positions manned by several people online. I can't answer that.
    I think this part of Buzz's quote gives the answer and it should be a clear 'yes'.
    And why not? FG28 did this multicrew stuff in Wellingtons and even a Br.25 (even if it might be better not to mention this specific occasion).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

like in il2 1946 was a blast flying multicrew online, but i don't recall doing this (or how I can choose to do so) in cliffs

28. Likes FTC_Rostic, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I think this part of Buzz's quote gives the answer and it should be a clear 'yes'.
    And why not? FG28 did this multicrew stuff in Wellingtons and even a Br.25 (even if it might be better not to mention this specific occasion).
    Yes, there will be the option to have multiple humans manning a single bomber.... so a human as the pilot, a human as the tail gunner, a human as bombardier, etc.

30. Likes Lorena, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

like in il2 1946 was a blast flying multicrew online, but i don't recall doing this (or how I can choose to do so) in cliffs
    Multicrew in Cliffs exists since release. There is just a strange limitation, that you have to spawn some where first. From that point in "multiplayer bubble visibility radius" have to be an aircraft with empty (AI controlled) slots (like, gunners or bombardier). Press "Esc" and you will see list of aircrafts and empty slots. Double click any and you'll occupy that position. Of course this feature have to be allowed on the server.

Actually it is quite simple peace of code to move player to/from any aircraft slot by mission script. So, extended multicrew features can be done by mission maker.
    Also, if external views enabled. You can leave your aircraft by pressing Alt+F2, switch to AI controlled aircraft and press button to take control of that aircraft (I use Alt+F1, but I'm not sure that is default key combo).

I think Devs have to provide functions like: "Open/Close" access to aircraft slots in player controlled aircraft out of the box. Because in theory on most servers any one can jump in you aircraft as tail gunner and shoot your own aircraft (tail or wings) and then leave it. Or occupy your bombardier position so you will not be able to use bomb sight in your own aircraft.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

32. Likes Little Bill, Silent135, Dauntless liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Spitfire Vb of No.340 Squadron RAF, the first all-Free French squadron in the RAF (part of Group de chasse "Ile de France"), training for the Dieppe raid.

Interesting to note the number of French naval personnel working on the aircraft.

The white stripe nose markings could make for some interesting skins.

Another video, this time of No.174 Squadron Hurricane IIb, at the time of Op Jubilee.

Enjoy!

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.42 MB

Couple of nice Videos Vamps.
    Very interesting markings on the Spitfires and chalked indications of possible stripes on the Hurricanes. Are they pre Dieppe markings? I have not seen these before.

Cheers.

HAWK

Vickers Wellington Mk1c. OJ-F P2517 'F for Freddie' of No.149 Squadron, star of 'Target for Tonight' directed by Harry Watt released in July 1941.

Freddy prepares for an air test prior to departure from Ford on ops with No.149 Squadron for a daring daylight attack on Marshalling Yards in Caen France 31\1|21. ATAG Operation Milk Run. Target destroyed. Six Wellingtons, One Blenheim together with
    their Spitfire escort returned safely. One Wellington crashed on landing at Ford.

35. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Like you Hawk I had not seen the white nose markings before.

As far as I know the order to apply them was related to a Dieppe mission planned prior to ‘Op Jubilee’ called ‘Op Rutter’. This operation was planned as a reconnaissance in force and was due to take place between the 4th and 8th July. It was cancelled as the weather was bad for an amphibious attack and that the Germans got wind of the operation.

The order relating to the white nose markings was never rescinded and was carried over for ‘Op Jubilee’. The markings were for 11 Group aircraft only. The Typhoons of 12 Group had underwing markings.

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

37. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    an amphibious attack and that the Germans got wind
    This is what I am taking from that post.

And you can't have it back.

It's going in my scrap book.

Cheers Vamps !!

Wing up next Wednesday?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Virpil T50 Mongoos with Warthog Grip plus Extension Set -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

(Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

39. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

It must have been all the sauerkraut Seas.

41. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    It must have been all the sauerkraut Seas.

Pffff !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Virpil T50 Mongoos with Warthog Grip plus Extension Set -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

(Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    213.59 MB

... and even a Br.25 (even if it might be better not to mention this specific occasion).
    You guys were too heavy!

44. Likes DerDa liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast