Thread: Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Exclamation Help!

Hi everyone,

I invited Jakub to join the ATAG Forum to hopefully resolve a problem with mission creation within his recently-purchased copy of the Tobruk dlc. Any ideas on how to help him?

Thanks,

Snap

translated from Slovak:

Hello everyone, on this new page IL-2 Cliffs of Dover including DLC ​​Tobruk. It was with the purchase of DLC Torbuk that the problem came, before I bought it I created missions in the editor (mission builder) that I played with my friends, everything worked as it should and there was no problem with anything. Ever since I got Tobruk, spawns don't work for me in missions, I create them, set them up (exactly like before) and they don't work. When I start the mission, I don't have any white airport icon on the map or spawn point where I would "spawn". Has this happened to any of you? Or is there someone who would bowl eighttný to help?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

- Jakub

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Help!

That problem sounds strange. I just once had a trouble to spawn for several minutes, when I forgot to press "Start Battle" button.

Can you share your mission files? So, others can check them...
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

3. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.44 MB

Hello, here are my mission files. It was created by watching this video step by step https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-PMgaJMwk .

files : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XES...ew?usp=sharing

5. Likes FTC_Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Well. In settings of spawn point you have 0 aircraft available for player. See "Max#Planes" field. Increase that value to 99999.
    20231206003514_1.jpg
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Lenny, TWC_Flug liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.44 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FTC_Rostic View Post
    Well. In settings of spawn point you have 0 aircraft available for player. See "Max#Planes" field. Increase that value to 99999.
    20231206003514_1.jpg
    letisko.jpg

I did it, this is the result, still not able to spawn. This is how my before flight menu looks, right bottom corner is only button "player plane" .
    Last edited by Jakub; Dec-06-2023 at 06:42.

9. Likes FTC_Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
    letisko.jpg

I did it, this is the result, still not able to spawn. This is how my before flight menu looks, right bottom corner is only button "player plane" .
    You are trying to start this mission as a single player mission. It will not work that way.

What you did is a mission compatible with multiplayer. You have to start local server (or dedicated server but that is for PRO). After you start local server and select your mission you have to press button "Start battle" then you will be able to select spawn point, select aircraft and create it.
    That video you watched is called: "IL2 Cliffs of Dover - FMB tutorial - Airfield set up & Multiplayer Spawn creation"

If you want to make a single player mission, then you do not need spawn points and do custom airfield layouts. All you need is create Aircraft group and in group settings select in which aircraft player have to be spawned (Player check box).

11. Likes Little Bill, TWC_Flug liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

It works for me (ie it spawn me in my selected plane) provided I set a plane limit as Rostic pointed out (I used 50) and set some flyable planes in the list. Then setup a local server and select/run/load the mission, select a side, then the airfield and a plane. It doesnt work if trying it as single player mission nor from the FMB play mission (cos it flies it as a single player). It does not spawn you at the points you added but at the pre-set spawn point 0 (which is in a hanger).

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

I think Jakub IS trying to start multiplayer. I believe he has used this in the past to fly with a group of close friends. And now it is broken for him. Is there any else he could be missing? A setting in a configuration file or something? I haven't been much help to him as I know next to nothing about multi-player mission building. Single-player on the other hand... Thanks all for wading in with advice for him.
    Lenny
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lenny View Post
    I think Jakub IS trying to start multiplayer. I believe he has used this in the past to fly with a group of close friends. And now it is broken for him. Is there any else he could be missing? A setting in a configuration file or something? I haven't been much help to him as I know next to nothing about multi-player mission building. Single-player on the other hand... Thanks all for wading in with advice for him.
    Lenny
    If you look to the screenshot he provided the map is on the RIGHT with buttons MAP and SLIDES above, and briefing on the left - that is only appear in SINGLE PLAYER. In multiplayer it is on the left combined with briefing and switching from one to another done by pressing on the corresponding button above them.
    Last edited by FTC_Rostic; Dec-06-2023 at 14:57.

15. Likes ATAG_Lenny, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.44 MB

Ok guys, it looks like after a month of researching, searching, trying I found out where the error is. Stupid me, I never tried to play the mission in singleplayer mode before, but I started it straight away in multiplayer, so that's why everything worked as it should. But about a month ago I created something in the editor and tried to test it directly from the editor, the result? The problems that I described here arose because I couldn't run the missions in the editor, nor did I even think of going to try them in multiplayer. So problem solved. I apologize if I bothered or disturbed you in any way, I want to thank you all very much for your time, willingness and desire to help me. You are a great community and I appreciate your commitment to helping me.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

Jakub:

Don't ever apologize for asking for help. I warned you that once you figured out what was going wrong you just might have one of those forehead slapping Doh! moments. I have them all the time. I have learned myself that this forum is extremely friendly, very supportive and WANTS to help each other so that more can enjoy this sim.

Given your stated interest in multiplayer, I might also suggest you check out what's happening on the multiplayer servers and events. There are flyers here that will also work with you one on one to get you up to speed if you want to invest the time. They will be happy to invest the time too. Bring your friends.

Glad it worked out and you now have a solution to move forward with.

Lenny

doh.png
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Lenny is absolutely right, Jakob.

Come and join us in multiplayer and you are guaranteed a warm welcome and bags of fun!

Or if you just fancy a quick tour of the servers and a chance to ask questions, I'm your man. I can't promise you all the answers but I might be able to get you started in the right direction.

Just drop me a line below or a post on the Forum. All the best and.....Salute!

19. Likes DerDa, ATAG_Snapper, 56RAF_stickz, Jakub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Marlow;393547] you are guaranteed a warm welcome and bags of fun! /QUOTE]

or a warm cockpit thanks to Messerschmitt's gun.

Next line of the ATAG welcome poem anyone?

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Virpil T50 Mongoos with Warthog Grip plus Extension Set -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -
    - HighseasPeripherals(tm) - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

(Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey)

21. Likes Jakub liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.44 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lenny View Post
    Jakub:

Don't ever apologize for asking for help. I warned you that once you figured out what was going wrong you just might have one of those forehead slapping Doh! moments. I have them all the time. I have learned myself that this forum is extremely friendly, very supportive and WANTS to help each other so that more can enjoy this sim.

Given your stated interest in multiplayer, I might also suggest you check out what's happening on the multiplayer servers and events. There are flyers here that will also work with you one on one to get you up to speed if you want to invest the time. They will be happy to invest the time too. Bring your friends.

Glad it worked out and you now have a solution to move forward with.

Lenny

doh.png
    yes, I would like to join your multiplayer and improve my flying skills, the only thing that gives me difficulties so far is controlling propeller pitch, it is quite difficult to watch the enginerpm so that it does not get damaged. DO you use some addon for teamspeak while flying? Or how do you comunicate during battles?

23. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.44 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Lenny is absolutely right, Jakob.

Come and join us in multiplayer and you are guaranteed a warm welcome and bags of fun!

Or if you just fancy a quick tour of the servers and a chance to ask questions, I'm your man. I can't promise you all the answers but I might be able to get you started in the right direction.

Just drop me a line below or a post on the Forum. All the best and.....Salute!
    I will definitely try your server, thank you .

25. Likes ATAG_Snapper, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

[QUOTE=ATAG_Highseas;393562]
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    you are guaranteed a warm welcome and bags of fun! /QUOTE]

or a warm cockpit thanks to Messerschmitt's gun.

Next line of the ATAG welcome poem anyone?
    No please, not again this hun in the sun.
    I'd rather go to big Hilda and have a bun.

27. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I will definitely try your server, thank you .
    Gents, if you ever set a date & time to meet up please let me know. I would be pleased to set up any mission map you wish for that session.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

29. Likes DerDa, Jakub liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    503.2 KB

tratando de aprender mas sobre estas publicaciones. Soy nuevo en estos trabajos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jose acevedo View Post
    tratando de aprender mas sobre estas publicaciones. Soy nuevo en estos trabajos.
    Pues a leer se ha dicho

32. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

yes, I would like to join your multiplayer and improve my flying skills, the only thing that gives me difficulties so far is controlling propeller pitch, it is quite difficult to watch the enginerpm so that it does not get damaged. DO you use some addon for teamspeak while flying? Or how do you comunicate during battles?

Hi Jakub.......a lot of us use software called TeamSpeak3 to communicate during sorties and events. It is free to download and set up. If I can do it....anybody can!

I am away from my computer until next Thursday so I struggle to post detailed links but if you scroll down the main Forum page, just below the forums for other nationalities, you will find a section called 'ATAG' and in there is a section called 'Teamspeak.' Click on there and at the top will be:

Teamspeak3: How to set it up

This is an old post by Bliss but I used it to set up Teamspeak and it should work for you.

Good luck with your training. When I get home I shall send you another post to see how you are getting on.

Salute

34. Likes ATAG_Snapper, N/A, Jakub, ATAG_Highseas liked this post