Thread: Unusual Z Axis movement

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    481.92 MB

Question Unusual Z Axis movement

S! All,

I have an unusual issue that I cannot seem to resolve.

I have looked throughout the forums to avoid asking for help and my issue is not mentioned, yes plenty of joystick settings and the like.

I have no issues with my controllers, everything is mapped in-game I have an X56 joystick and logitech G pro rudder pedals but do not use the programming feature. Both are brand new

Before I take off I always reset my trim and then adjust for the plane I'm flying.

Once airborne, sometimes throughout the flight, the Z axis just throws the plane around as if an F-16 blew past my tail. To stop this I have to keep resetting all trim (Insert, Home, Page Up) this becomes an issue when dive bombing of course.

Again, I do not use the programming software that came with the X56, I am wondering though there are 2 little icons showing pedals and the flight stick but would this interfere with my Z axis?

Any ideas?

Thank you for reading my wall of text.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

Re: Unusual Z Axis movement

Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

3. Likes TM-Bluntman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    481.92 MB

Hi Lenny,

Thank you very much for responding.

I really wish it was that.

This does not happen in ROF, IL@1946, IL2GB, only in CloD.

My rudder pedals are brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lenny View Post

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.8 KB

I wonder if you need to add a little deadzone in the rudder controls setup in CLIFFS. It maybe the other sims default to having a deadzone?

Can you view the axis in Windows USB controller settings to see if there is any jitter at centre?
    AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 & 11 dual boot · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Warthog Stick, Warthog Throttle, Logitech Quadrant, JetSeat

6. Likes TM-Bluntman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    271.40 MB

Bluntman, TWC has winds that vary by altitude. When you pass through a level your plane yaws depending on the difference in wind strength. Does this sound like what you are experiencing? You can verify by checking the wind report in one of the TAB-4 options.

8. Likes TM-Bluntman, ATAG_Hawk, Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    481.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by PO_Baldrick View Post
    I wonder if you need to add a little deadzone in the rudder controls setup in CLIFFS. It maybe the other sims default to having a deadzone?

Can you view the axis in Windows USB controller settings to see if there is any jitter at centre?

Thank you Baldrick, I did this as well and solid center when viewing in settings. I believe it is what Dawson below is describing, which makes more sense as to why its happening.

Again thank you for your response.

S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    481.92 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Bluntman, TWC has winds that vary by altitude. When you pass through a level your plane yaws depending on the difference in wind strength. Does this sound like what you are experiencing? You can verify by checking the wind report in one of the TAB-4 options.

Hello Dawson,

Yes this is exactly what I'm experiencing!

I apologize to everyone and should have been much clearer and say this only happens on the TWC server.

I knew the winds were modeled but wow Thank you, this really makes sense now to me, it must be when i just pass that level and or stay in that level when it happens.

Ill pay more attention to the winds than I have been.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas all, Happy holidays and have a great New Years

S!

11. Likes Dawson, ATAG_Marlow, PO_Baldrick liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

How accurately is this implemented?

I don't fly in real life but it feels very weird and artificial. It feels like there are detents layered all over the sky that you fly through when climbing or diving.

13. Likes Baffin liked this post