Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: TF DeviceLink like interface

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Re: TF DeviceLink like interface

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    I'll tell you how when you remove the digital cheat speed numbers on all your VC.
    I need to keep them for two main motives. As Beta Tester, when I test something, I need to have precise aircraft data ( I've also written a small sort of " Black Box " script that reports the aircraft data to a log file exactly for this purpose ).
    In addition, while working on making the various VC profiles I need to keep them to check if the dials of interest are working as planned.
    Don't forget that the images you see above are from a WIP and that they have being taken while VC was running in test mode. ( or rather everything running and everything displayed )
    The typical example is, just to make a sample, when I have to test the max speed of an aircraft, engine temps, etc.

*...and a very personal note ( I respect your POW, be clear ): IMHO you are a bit exagerated in calling it a cheat. I can assure you that knowing that I'm flying at 430 km/h ( Thing that I can easily read on the dial of interest ) or that I'm going at 435 km/h doesn't make a lot of difference. Even at high speeds and even knowing exactly the IAS is almost impossible to keep it stable or having some kind of advantages. If your guess is that having the IAS displayed on VC permits me to fly at a steady and constant max speed ( for example ) it's not how it works nor the way in which I use it ( Personally I watch only what's indicated by the dial arrow/needle [ That is more reliable than the displayed numbers if you don't want to fry the engine/s ] more than the speed written numbers ). I can assure you that when flying the Bf 110 against a fighter the last of my problems is knowing the max speed reading a number...
    At least when I fly the Bf 110 and manning manually the rear gunner the most important dials of all are the RPM, the water temp and the altitude indicator. Everything else is of secondary importance ( at least IMHO and following how I like to fly )
    I can guess that I'm close to the max speed listening to the engine sound/airframe shaking, I know exactly what trim settings I have to set/use but I can't guess the RPM, the water temps and the altitude ( especially when flying at very low level ) when in the rear gunner position. Give me an in-game windows that displays the 3 parameters indicated above when in the rear gunner position and I can stop using VC ( so to avoid to be forced to use an external program )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-14-2021 at 00:32.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

2. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    I really like the text you have added with max temps/pressures. That should be on all VCs.

PM me for help with speed and altitude, I need to see the files.
    I'm uploading the files then I'll send you the PM

EDIT: PM SENT
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-13-2021 at 23:53.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    I need to keep them for two main motives. As Beta Tester, when I test something, I need to have precise aircraft data ( I've also written a small sort of " Black Box " script that reports the aircraft data to a log file exactly for this purpose ).
    In addition, while working on making the various VC profiles I need to keep them to check if the dials of interest are working as planned.
    Don't forget that the images you see above are from a WIP and that they have being taken while VC was running in test mode. ( or rather everything running and everything displayed )
    The typical example is, just to make a sample, when I have to test the max speed of an aircraft, engine temps, etc.

*...and a very personal note ( I respect your POW, be clear ): IMHO you are a bit exagerated in calling it a cheat. I can assure you that knowing that I'm flying at 430 km/h ( Thing that I can easily read on the dial of interest ) or that I'm going at 435 km/h doesn't make a lot of difference. Even at high speeds and even knowing exactly the IAS is almost impossible to keep it stable or having some kind of advantages. If your guess is that having the IAS displayed on VC permits me to fly at a steady and constant max speed ( for example ) it's not how it works nor the way in which I use it ( Personally I watch only what's indicated by the dial arrow/needle [ That is more reliable than the displayed numbers if you don't want to fry the engine/s ] more than the speed written numbers ). I can assure you that when flying the Bf 110 against a fighter the last of my problems is knowing the max speed reading a number...
    At least when I fly the Bf 110 and manning manually the rear gunner the most important dials of all are the RPM, the water temp and the altitude indicator. Everything else is of secondary importance ( at least IMHO and following how I like to fly )
    I can guess that I'm close to the max speed listening to the engine sound/airframe shaking, I know exactly what trim settings I have to set/use but I can't guess the RPM, the water temps and the altitude ( especially when flying at very low level ) when in the rear gunner position. Give me an in-game windows that displays the 3 parameters indicated above when in the rear gunner position and I can stop using VC ( so to avoid to be forced to use an external program )

1. You're actually sharing it publicly as VC and not in beta testers forum or you don't keep it to you, so saying you need it yourself while sharing it publicy is a bad argument.
    2. Theres a reason why we don't have atltimeter and speed in digital numbers like it is in Il-2 - its called realism, the game devs and lastly also TFS decided no to add it, so its a cheat to get them in my opinion.
    3. Your providing digital numbers that do not exist in the cockpit.
    4. Flying in a plane that got numbers that are hard to read (altimeter) should add to the difficulty of an aircraft flown unless some game bugs are preventing us to use it - my opinion.

After all there are already other VC for the german so probably doesnt matter anyways.
    But I have to say, only the german side got some planes with those digital cheat numbers, one could say blue players are cheating with the VCs.

You don't have to reply to this, most will disagree with me, so I'll just agree that we disagree.

5. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Until we keep the discussion civil we can discuss as much as we want ( at least this is what I think )...even if I didn't expect that something so simple could have generated so many Machiavellian reasoning LOL

At the end of the story, IMHO, your point could be right, mine the same and the one of John Doe idem.
    What defines the " realism " in a game could be very very subjective, IMO.
    For example I consider more " cheating " players who try to game the system in every possible way ( Like for example taking absurd quantity of low fuel ) or that attemps to exploit game flaws but, in this way, as above, we will end up again in endless discussions about " what's realistic? " that probably will bring us nowhere.
    As you know I fly most the Bf 110 variants so the work I'm making it's more for the community ( hopefully ) than for myself.
    I will attempt to make them. The ones that will like it, they will use it, the others don't. The ones that want something different they can edit/modify it.
    If I want a real flight I will call my former military colleagues. If I'll play a PC is enough.

The important thing is having fun, IMHO ( Obviously without ruining the fun of the other players ).

I simply think, to conclude my liturgy, that sometimes it's better to play than making a thousand reasoning/words/brainstorming about something that, for as much that " realistic " could become, will remain always, a game.

I presume that even that bugger of God has his opinion about what's reaiistic and what's not LOOL

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-14-2021 at 07:03.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Sure different opinions, that's why I say I agree that we disagree.
    I just don't understand why is TFS argueing with people that they don't introduce digital numbers like in IL '46 while at the same time it gets implemented by a workaround.
    Probably because they can't avoid it without removing device link altogheter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Sure different opinions, that's why I say I agree that we disagree.
    I just don't understand why is TFS argueing with people that they don't introduce digital numbers like in IL '46 while at the same time it gets implemented by a workaround.
    Probably because they can't avoid it without removing device link altogheter.
    Well I think that the digital numbers and device link (VC) are connected but in reality they are two separate arguments.

One is an external program not officially supported and that the user can edit/modify following his preferences ( For example the speed displayed can be easily removed, dials can be moved/edited, etc ) to a certain extent. The general idea is having aircarft instruments displaying the same stuffs as the ones in game ( said very in general )

The digital numbers have more implications ( even if apparently they could seems a small thing/issue ).
    For example I'm in favour of the addition of some few digital numbers ( Like RPMs, water temp, altimeter ) but only for double engines ( Mainlly because when you move from the pilot position you don't have any instrument available otherwise without them you can't basically fly the plane without frying it quickly )
    Different story for the fighters ( in which you occupy only one position ) so you can always read any instrument at will and in fact I'm against adding any other digital numbers for them.

I can only guess that digital numbers are a " Yes or No " in the sense that maybe if you add them they will affect all aircraft and not only certain types. In this case I agree with TFS: it's a no if this is the case.

Somehow you have to deal at the same time with players who wants it ( I repeat...for example for double engines with rear gunners is crucial to be effective ), for the ones that wants it because they build their home cockpit, the ones who have view problems so they want bigger instruments and so on

So for them it's not easy to satisfy everyone ( Thing IMO impossible ). The combination of digital numbers/VC is a good compromise in my opinion. As said, even enabling everything on VC, it do not provides you any kind of advantage in a dogfight. As said knowing at what speed you are going ( or not ) makes a very little difference.

IMO the center point it's the one that applies always: or rather using things how they are meant to be used ( or rather as a virtual cockpit that displays the same instruments that we got in-game ) and not using it to try to gain some kind of advantage ( In brief...Don't be a dick )

Last but not least, epecially now that they have to deal with big game additions like TrueSky and VR ( and unfortunately they have also limited human resources ), this issue is of secondary importance. Maybe in the future we'll get something about this, maybe not, the time will telll us.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-14-2021 at 10:35.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

You need to add one digit to be able to read the speed of a climbing Beaufighter…
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

10. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You need to add one digit to be able to read the speed of a climbing Beaufighter…
    Mama Mölders told me to not reply to your comment...I'm already considered the " Black Sheep " of the beta testers, I do not want to risk to be promoted to " Evil " if I'll reply LOOL.
    I promise, I swear to don't say absolutely nothing about the Batfigh...ehm...ops...Beaufighter
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Jul-14-2021 at 18:57.

My PC specs

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Here's hoping someone picks up the ball and runs with it, as Blorg has created a similar but more "adjustable" app for IL-2 BoX.. Would love to be able to see these screens in CLoD.. especially the right screen for keeping that damn compass set correctly!

IL-2 Dials 1 screen across 2 monitors.jpg
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    ... especially the right screen for keeping that damn compass set correctly!
    ... in BoX the British compass (P8) is not modeled like real one, the Course Setter is mirrored - in prol of the "gameplay"; and is automatically synchronized with DG.

Would love to be able to see these screens in CLoD..
    With TF DeviceLink + Virtual cockpit, you can have the compass (and others instruments running) in a external screen - for some can use include a smartphone; like the above picture, several examples in this topic.

14. Likes Fehler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    ... in BoX the British compass (P8) is not modeled like real one, the Course Setter is mirrored - in prol of the "gameplay"; and is automatically synchronized with DG.
    With TF DeviceLink + Virtual cockpit, you can have the compass (and others instruments running) in a external screen - for some can use include a smartphone; like the above picture, several examples in this topic.
    Thanks @1lokos, I know that BoX doesn't model the realistic compass setting, I put those gauges on my right MFD (in the pic below) in IL-2 Box using the "IL-2 Dials" app to see what is possible. I will take the time today to read all the posts here and hopefully get an idea for positioning and resizing (if possible) select gauges from CLoD onto my lilliput monitors. All I did to this point was grab the program and run it to see what it was about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patricks; Nov-17-2022 at 06:28.
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Ok, once I found there was an ini to edit gauge positions in VC I was able to produce what I want, have not tried it in the sim yet but will shortly. I would like to resize the Magnetic Compass but not a big deal, I can actually SEE it now! It's quite clear, the blurriness in the photo is because both the Gyro an magnetic compasses are spinning like tops in the "Test" mode of VC.. May try editing out the other unnecessary gauges in the ini to save a lot of Un-checking in the client every time, not sure if that will work or not..

VC in CLoD.jpg

Answered, simply remove the gauge entries from the ini file (which if you see below was totally unnecessary as that wheel had already been invented..
    VC - modified ini.jpg

One last Edit..
    again.. There is an entry called "RAF Compasses" in VC that has exactly what I want PLUS a "Scale" line to change., just repositioned and upped scale to 1.5 and done. Then I wondered, can I run two instances of VC Client, one for each screen? Yup, no issue. This pic just shows the same Compasses on both, I would not do that of course...
    VC - 2 screens in CLoD.jpg

Edit: Just hopped into a Quick Mission and I can report that Using two instances of VC Client (one for each screen) works perfectly!
    Last edited by Patricks; Jan-29-2022 at 07:52.

17. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    140.62 MB

Edit: Just hopped into a Quick Mission and I can report that Using two instances of VC Client (one for each screen) works perfectly!
    Excellent! I am glad to hear you figured it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Fehler View Post
    Excellent! I am glad to hear you figured it out!
    Me too! To wrap this up (for now). I have modified all of the original Virtual Cockpit profiles to meet my needs, creating two 600x800 sets of gauges (LMFD/RMFD) for each aircraft to project on to my 8" Lilliputs with Thrustmaster OSB bezels. I still am likely to move some things around but the grunt work is done.. This is an example for the JU88A1, was the last twin engine one I did. -

VC JU88A1 Example..jpg

Happy to make the completed files available to anyone interested..
    Last edited by Patricks; Jan-31-2022 at 11:34.

20. Likes ATAG_Colander, ATAG_Noofy, -MaD-, 1lokos liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    231.73 MB

Me too! To wrap this up (for now). I have modified all of the original Virtual Cockpit profiles to meet my needs, creating two 600x800 sets of gauges (LMFD/RMFD) for each aircraft to project on to my 8" Lilliputs with Thrustmaster OSB bezels. I still am likely to move some things around but the grunt work is done.. This is an example for the JU88A1, was the last twin engine one I did. -

VC JU88A1 Example..jpg

Happy to make the completed files available to anyone interested..
    This is excellent I just ditched my old 3screen setup and now use one big screen for flying, second screen for Map/discord... and 3. Screen with a special format 1480x320 should be my new cockpit screen. As it is also a touchscreen there will be nice things to do in the future!
    Please share your works for others.

22. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Hello,

is there a VC for the Dewoitine d520 ?

thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

The latest version I have is pre-Tobruk when the D520 was not flyable. I think the Bf-109 E-4 would be a good substitute.

New cockpits can be easily added to Virtual Cockpit so maybe someone has made one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    The latest version I have is pre-Tobruk when the D520 was not flyable. I think the Bf-109 E-4 would be a good substitute.

New cockpits can be easily added to Virtual Cockpit so maybe someone has made one.
    yes, I have already taken the E4 to substitute.
    I started a cockpit with the E4 base, but I'm not very good at it.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Hello,
    My wip for a D520 Virtual cockpit.
    this is just a wip (based on E4 version, easy for me to learn), not finish , but sound good for me.

VC-D520.jpg

Arvigna

27. Likes Dawson, ATAG_Noofy, 1lokos, ATAG_Colander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Bonsoir,
    Here is the next step of my D520 VC, slowly but surely, but I can't get the altimeter right.

VC_cockpit.jpg

Arvigna

29. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Bonsoir,

it's almost the end.

Missing, slip/turn and altimeter , but I am not successful with.

Join the file for Device link :

Arvigna_D520.zip
    VC_cockpit.jpg

updated : 22/11/2022 -
    Last edited by arvigna; Nov-22-2022 at 09:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Bonjour,

An update for D520 cockpit.

RE - 22/11 at 15h00.due to a problem with the altimeter . Fixed.
    Last edited by arvigna; Nov-22-2022 at 09:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    552.08 MB

Bonjour,

An update for D520 cockpit.

RE - 22/11 at 15h00.due to a problem with the altimeter . Fixed.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819