Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: TF DeviceLink like interface

Nice Mat!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.92 MB

Is there somewhere one can download this...thats the thing i miss most about il2... having gauges on a separate screen with udp speed...would be great to have in CLOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Tonester View Post
    Is there somewhere one can download this...thats the thing i miss most about il2... having gauges on a separate screen with udp speed...would be great to have in CLOD
    Here you go Tonester.

He left a download link in Russian and I somehow was able to navigate through it .

See attached:

VC.ZIP

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.92 MB

Awesome...thanks mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I'm glad some one is finally doing something with this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Unless being able to read the compass in a Spitfire is considered a "Cheat", I think this looks really great!

Many thanks Matweich!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    What this is returning is the data available for the plane's instruments.
    Because of this, the values will be in the instruments UOM (and if there's no instrument, there's no value).

I guess you can assume that there are only 2 UOM (metric and imperial) and make a "switch" to change between A and B.
    Yup that's possible, but ultimately I'd really like to integrate support for Cliffs of Dover into Helios (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v15E1JZe9es). Then next version of Helios will apparently support creating new interface plugins.

That would be much easier if I can find a way to get standardized units out of it. Otherwise I'd either have to create two different interfaces into Helios, one for imperial units and one for metric ... or all the gauges would need to be units specific.

What I was wondering is whether you'd be able to expose another parameter value which tells you whether this is an axis plane (metric units) or an allied plane (imperial units)? Then I'd know which units are being used and can automatically convert into a standardized set of units. Is that possible?

One the subject of creating an artificial horizon in planes that don't have them, well the Z_Orientation parameter seems to work well enough for that purpose already. As for this being cheating, well creating a sim-pit with real instruments, or even using a second screen to display the instruments does give a slight advantage. But it can also increase immersion hugely.

In the end I think the question you have to ask is not "Does this allow one player to gain an advantage over another?" but instead "Does this give the sim pilot a big advantage that a real pilot wouldn't have had access to?". An artificial horizon, IMO, is mostly only useful for flying in very poor visibility, good luck getting any real advantage out of it in combat. Artificial horizons are also something that sim pilots rely on much more heavily than real pilots, because providing the plane is relatively unloaded a real pilot can generally feel the pull of gravity, telling them which way the plane is oriented. To my mind, it doesn't give an unfair advantage ... although others may disagree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.92 MB

So is this useable online?...im confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Tonester View Post
    So is this useable online?...im confused
    Yep - That's why the interface was made like it was.. Essentially the only information you can get is the same exact information your cockpit gives you in game of that particular plane.. Use away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

I can get the raw data application to run ok and read values from COD but when I run the virtual cockpit and choose the Spitire Mk IIa I get an error in the right hand panel saying "'0,01' is not a valid floating point value" and the gauges screen does not display.

Any ideas gents?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Skoshi_Tiger View Post
    I can get the raw data application to run ok and read values from COD but when I run the virtual cockpit and choose the Spitire Mk IIa I get an error in the right hand panel saying "'0,01' is not a valid floating point value" and the gauges screen does not display.

Any ideas gents?
    , is not a decimal separator in english.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    , is not a decimal separator in english.
    Wow Matweich, I'm impressed, this is awesome! To my mind this renders my efforts to convert UDPSpeed as unnecessary, good work!

The only problem I've had is the same as reported by Skoshi_Tiger: on startup it complains "0,01 is not a valid floating point number". The reason for this is that some of the ini files (although not all) are using comma (,) as the decimal separator. Using comma as the decimal separator is common in Europe, but doesn't work for all locales. It's very likely the problem is that the code is parsing the numbers using the users current locale. Which means 0,01 will parse fine if your locale has ',' as the decimal separator, sadly my UK English locale only accepts dot so "0,01" doesn't parse.

So .. for those other users who are getting this problem, here is an updated version that works with English locales. All I've done is change the .ini files so that they use dot (.) rather than comma for the decimal separator. It may well work with all locales, as I think '.' is a very standard decimal separator that is nearly always supported.

http://www.shackell.org.uk/files/VC-English.zip

I'm also going to work on a Bf-109 cockpit, the ini format looks easy enough to fathom.
    Last edited by Tomsk; Sep-19-2013 at 11:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

LOL!

I just spent the last half hour chasing commas in the .ini files then came back here to find the update already posted!

Once the .ini files are set to the appropriate separator it works great!

It runs a lot smoother than I remember UDPSpeed running (I haven't run original Il2 for a long time!)

Thanks for posting this, I'll try it out in Multiplayer Next time I'm on!

A few years back I was playing around with devicelink on the original IL2, sending and receiving UDP packets, It would be very interesting to see the source code at some time to see how to talk to CoD.

Cheers!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi all!
    Glad you found this program useful.
    Sorry for "international" problems with download and commas.
    This version
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/gm...8d6mm3f/VC.zip
    accepts both points and commas as decimal point separators.

PS Thanks Colander for DeviceLink and Team Fusion for their work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Thank you!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A HUGE thank you to everyone who commented on extracting telemetry for motion platforms and especially to Team Fusion for their TF Devicelink code.

A Simtools community developer has come up with a working (Roll, Pitch and Yaw at least so far) plug-in for motion.

It is of course only for single player missions, which means that I will be spending my future flights offline unfortunately.

Any other ideas please do share them, if you want to further improve access to telemetry (especially for online mode) please please please share, lol.

Thanks again.

Simtools and the Cliffs of Dover plug-in can be found here:

XSimulator.net

So yes Colander, to answer the original question from this thread: We are using it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

I spent the night using the virtual cockpit on line and it worked flawlessly.

I particularly liked the Gun sight indicator highlighting the aircraft wingspan in a table.

Very Cool!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.7 KB

Hey M8s,
    for my first post I first would like to say Team Fusion, Awesome site, Brilliant work on the upgrades. Cliffs of Dover stepped up to the plate and is preforming nice. All you folks rock.Thanks.I been flyin IL2 since its demo release eons ago.

The reason Im posting here is that ever since device link was introduced to IL2, Ive built a very detailed sim pit with Dastardlly' gauges and then Bolox' wonderful set of working gauges. Hoping that the D-link would be continued on with Clod, the TF DeviceLink like interface is an exciting step forward. Big thanks to Matweich this is an awesome program!
    The program works great on the PC system with the game installed with 2 monitors,
    my question is can it be setup to link gauges fron a 2nd PC on its monitor like the old way
    for example conf.ini
    [DeviceLink]
    port=21100
    host=192.168.0.106
    If so how do you set it up.

Also is there a posiblity that the program can allow changing the graphics to more realistic looking gauges textures.

Again Guys a Millon Thanks. Cheers Wingflyr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hiya, good to see you around

Yeah, I'm asking myself the same 2 questions..... would love to have a crack at CoD version graphically.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.7 KB

Cool Re: TF DeviceLink like interface

Quote Originally Posted by bolox View Post
    Hiya, good to see you around

Yeah, I'm asking myself the same 2 questions..... would love to have a crack at CoD version graphically.
    Thats wonderful news my friend, just loved your work with all the D-link Sim pits you've made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by wingflyr View Post
    Hey M8s,
    The program works great on the PC system with the game installed with 2 monitors,
    my question is can it be setup to link gauges fron a 2nd PC on its monitor like the old way
    for example conf.ini
    [DeviceLink]
    port=21100
    host=192.168.0.106
    If so how do you set it up.

Also is there a posiblity that the program can allow changing the graphics to more realistic looking gauges textures.

Again Guys a Millon Thanks. Cheers Wingflyr.
    From my understanding the program does not use UDP to communicate with COD like devicelink in the original Il2. Instead it uses .net memory mapped files. (Those in the know please correct me if I'm talking crap here!) so it would be restricted to a single PC.

To communicate to a second PC you might need to do like TomsK mentioned and create a program that sits between COD and your simpit software to read from the memory mapped file and then broadcasts the the info using UDP.

I'm not sure how bad the latency would be.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.7 KB

Thanks for the reply Skoshi_Tiger,
    maybe one day soon. Il2 of old was always full of suprises which is still a wonderful game to today.
    Cheers Wingflyr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This is really well done, is the source around somewhere?

Thanks

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am delighted to read that getting telemetry out of CoD is becoming easier. I see we can get instrument readings which will be a great help for me use to drive my pneumatic motion platform. The most important information I need is the g levels to drive the heave motion. Is it likely this will be available? My system works at present with IL-2 using DeviceLink. And a huge thank you to Team Fusion for the fantastic work they are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    70.23 MB

Wow,

This is fantastic, a serious upgrade. I use trackir and try to watch my gauges all the time but to be honest it is fairly difficult in cockpit. I down loaded this tonight and despite the fact that my set up is far from user friendly yet (second monitor balanced on books),this was amazing. Not only did I navigate properly for the first time since leaving IL2 1946 because I could actually read the damn compass but when I cooked my engine over Calais I glanced at the gauges and sure enough I was well in the red (130!). Normally I would have cursed the thing and assumed the game was wrong. Because I could instantly and clearly see my dials (realistic, not cheating!) I realised I had screwed up. Next time I should be able to keep out of trouble. Clear and constant realistic instruments, bloody fantastic! Thanks!

Cheers!

29. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.59 MB

Does this/will this have server/client capability? Edit. Never mind, I see the answer is no.

Also, can the gauges be moved to different locations, separately? Ie. multiple monitors.
    Last edited by Robusti; Oct-16-2013 at 07:56.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Does this/will this have server/client capability?
    Not now. May be later.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Also, can the gauges be moved to different locations, separately? Ie. multiple monitors.
    Yes. See "ControlPanels" section in Cockpit.ini.
    Sample here: Spitfire IIa - 2 mon.zip.
    2013-10-16 18.37.16.jpgСкриншот 2013-10-16 18.38.25.png

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by matweich View Post
    Not now. May be later.
    That would be awesome for my two computer system, then I could spread the gauges over my client pit monitors.

Works great! Needed to use "Pseudo" fullscreen setting to get it to work.
    Last edited by Robusti; Oct-16-2013 at 12:51.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast