Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Re: Dealing with CloD Crashes - Master list

I dont think you have anything overclocked but it might be worth monitoring your temps too just to see if there is a potential issue there to. (there is no foundation or expertise behind this comment - just something you might want to check that is easy to do :_))
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Beautiful post, thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Hope that work

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for the Cloder.exe Link!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for the tips will try now. Same issue for me since I moved from AMD to NVIDIA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P) View Post
    Dear all, please find a master-list of all suggested fixes and tips for reducing Cliffs of Dover crashes since the TF patch. Most of this information is from the ATAG forums. I will add to this list as I find more threads containing fixes to past problems.

Try running Launcher with CloDer.exe
    Launcher.exe fails to run on start or crashes on splash screen? One of the windows updates caused a "write process memory" error with the maddox.dll. Download this program, place it in your Cliffs of Dover directory and run CloD using the CloDer.exe it should force your game to run.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ile&fileid=207

Disable Windows7 Update KB2670838
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3528

Check the Launcher Compatibility in Steam
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...1788#post41788

Disable any sweetfx or injectfx you have running
    Remove dxg9.dll from your game folder

NVidia users, try playing with your NVidia driver settings:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=3135
    http://thevirtualflyer.blogspot.co.u...-settings.html

Try disabling any Printers you might have installed
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...?t=3977&page=2

Update your Graphics Drivers, and try lowering your in-game Graphics settings
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=4037

Disable your Anti-Virus
    Find the anti-virus in your task bar or windows task list and disable it. It will restore when you re-boot.

Run the Launcher in "administrator" mode
    Place a shortcut to the launcher (from your game folder) on your desktop. When you want to run CloD, right-click the shortcut and select "run as administrator"

(Edited by Naked Squirrel)
    Good evening. I am afraid I have to add an other reason for game crashes! I'd like to explain my case and possibly get some help to solve the problem.
    I am playing in all different servrers , but expecially on TWC servers, where the skies are reasonably crowded and somehow easier.
    By about 3 WEEKS, exspecially after bombing targets (such as fuel damps with a lot of flames and explosions) within a few minutes (5 to 15 generally)the screen freezes ans after a few seconds becames black and the...I am out of the game ...to the desktop.
    I lower oll the craphics parameters and also the resolution (down to 1250-800). I do not know what else I can do. . Some kind TWC members tried to help me, but without success One sais it may be the video card, but why , if until 3 weeks aho it was working oerfectly and I have no problems with other servers? If can be of help. I have Windows 10, processor i-5 5°generation, video geforce 650 TI BoosObviously widows gives out an error , but without number and claiming some involvement of NET FRAMEWORK. I have on board, the version 4.7 which came inside the the operational system. Can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Thanks for the reply. Thr solution was almost obvious: I changed the video card and , so fr, I have no problems.
    I know, it's a shortcut, but all the rest ...for me is almost chinese!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

For future reference, whenever u have problems it is necessary for us to know your system specs as in my sig below.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.56 GB

where can one find it? -- OOPS, found it!
    Last edited by jackd; Jul-01-2019 at 23:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ilario38 View Post
    Good evening. I am afraid I have to add an other reason for game crashes! I'd like to explain my case and possibly get some help to solve the problem.
    I am playing in all different servrers , but expecially on TWC servers, where the skies are reasonably crowded and somehow easier.
    By about 3 WEEKS, exspecially after bombing targets (such as fuel damps with a lot of flames and explosions) within a few minutes (5 to 15 generally)the screen freezes ans after a few seconds becames black and the...I am out of the game ...to the desktop.
    I lower oll the craphics parameters and also the resolution (down to 1250-800). I do not know what else I can do. . Some kind TWC members tried to help me, but without success One sais it may be the video card, but why , if until 3 weeks aho it was working oerfectly and I have no problems with other servers? If can be of help. I have Windows 10, processor i-5 5°generation, video geforce 650 TI BoosObviously widows gives out an error , but without number and claiming some involvement of NET FRAMEWORK. I have on board, the version 4.7 which came inside the the operational system. Can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Good morning <again. As for my second message I have now a new video card Asus Strix 1050 TI 4 GB. BUT THE PROBLEM PERSIST! I cecked the Processor temperature and ahe maximum temperature recorded was 68, so il may not be the reason. I tried to enclose rthe cef. log from the "belly" of the game but it is too big.
    Any suggestion is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Good morning <again. As for my second message I have now a new video card Asus Strix 1050 TI 4 GB. BUT THE PROBLEM PERSIST! I cecked the Processor temperature and ahe maximum temperature recorded was 68, so il may not be the reason. I tried to enclose rthe cef. log from the "belly" of the game but it is too big.
    If you bomb with He 111, Br 20 or Blennheim, trying to use the bombsight and crash with net framework, if you do so, then you have the same problem as me (GTX 780).
    Only way to avoid the crash is not using the "move to gunsight" at the bombsight and bomb "blind" when your mates with the same speed and altitude tell you to drop the bombs.
    I can only use the Ju88 bombsight mostly fine if I don't use my hatswitch during the movement towards the bombsight view.

If it's not the same problem, you you can try to "refresh" the latest framework 4.7.2 version located inside the folder "Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.7"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    171.6 KB

Good morning.
    I know very well that the problem of crashes is pretty old and mostly related to Win 7 (2013). But now it is my problem. I have win 10 fully updated, , I 5 Haswell, Geforce STX 1050 GT 4 Gb, SSD, 16 Gb memory.
    In early may ( about 50 days ago), I suddenly had crashes after 20-30 minutes flying.
    First the game freezes, After a few swconds it is followed by black screen ....and ....ops .....I am out of the game, and I have to enter again.
    BUT WHAT IS REALLY CURIOUS is that it does occur ONLY when playng in the server of TWC CAMPAIGN SERVER and 90% of the times SOON AFTER bombing succesfully the FUEL DEPOT located at the western end of the island at the begimming of Thames estuary (EAST CHURCH).I'd say about 30 times against 2 0r 3 on the occasion of hitting other targets.
    I can add that the temperatures are monitored and apparently are regular and these crashes DO NOT OCCUR ALWAYS but ramdomly and mostly( if not only) -as I said- when hitting the target specified above.
    Well, I asked help in many sites but I received only the general list dated 2013. I'm afraid, due to the specific pattern of this crashes that the case is different.
    Does anybody feel to help?
    Thanks in advance.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Good morning.
    I know very well that the problem of crashes is pretty old and mostly related to Win 7 (2013). But now it is my problem. I have win 10 fully updated, , I 5 Haswell, Geforce STX 1050 GT 4 Gb, SSD, 16 Gb memory.
    In early may ( about 50 days ago), I suddenly had crashes after 20-30 minutes flying.
    First the game freezes, After a few swconds it is followed by black screen ....and ....ops .....I am out of the game, and I have to enter again.
    BUT WHAT IS REALLY CURIOUS is that it does occur ONLY when playng in the server of TWC CAMPAIGN SERVER and 90% of the times SOON AFTER bombing succesfully the FUEL DEPOT located at the western end of the island at the begimming of Thames estuary (EAST CHURCH).I'd say about 30 times against 2 0r 3 on the occasion of hitting other targets.
    I can add that the temperatures are monitored and apparently are regular and these crashes DO NOT OCCUR ALWAYS but ramdomly and mostly( if not only) -as I said- when hitting the target specified above.
    Well, I asked help in many sites but I received only the general list dated 2013. I'm afraid, due to the specific pattern of this crashes that the case is different.
    Does anybody feel to help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Really weird stuff... the only thing I can think of is check if there's a log file (log.lst) in the games folder (the one under the my documents folder). Right after a crash it may hold a clue to why it happened...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I have had the same exact symptoms during the TWC Campaign on July 16, 23, & 26, 2019, (and earlier as well). It's impossible to evaluate, but after changing Nvidia drivers and tweaking nearly every setting on my system, I feel that it must be related to the server data stream. I flew 48 sorties between failures, so I don't think it's my system. That leaves TWC or the Internet as the culprit...

These three events caused me to die in the game, busting me back to "Tyro", even though I was clearly over England at the time. If disconnects really act like a bailout as advertised, these were the only unsuccessful reserve parachutes in recent history for me...

EDIT 20190823: Reducing my overclock settings has eliminated these VGA failures. I've had over 100 trouble free sessions, each with multiple sorties as of Aug 23, 2019.
    Last edited by Baffin; Aug-23-2019 at 21:31. Reason: VGA Overclock reduced
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

15. Likes kaper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

ok gang: been fighting crashes for a month now, haven't had a crash/freeze for years
    could somebody post a link or directions how to access the "event logs" sp perhaps I can locate the culprit

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

17. Likes kaper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    ok gang: been fighting crashes for a month now, haven't had a crash/freeze for years
    could somebody post a link or directions how to access the "event logs" sp perhaps I can locate the culprit
    I have tried opening the .dmp files in the ccpcrash folder but haven't had any luck. Let me know when/if you find something. I didn't feel like downloading the windows developer kit and all that.

These crashes you guys are experiencing sound like the same thing happening on my pc. My temps are high but not extraordinary. Temps were the first thing I thought could be the problem because it's 35 degrees here the last few days and that seemed like to much of a coincidence.

The crashes happen at very random intervals between 5 and 30 minutes of flight. I thought it was twc campain server related but I played some single player and had a crash there aswell although it took way longer before it happend.

I'm going to try resetting my cpu clock to default (doing this hurts my soul). I'l report back in a while with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I've had crashes for several months (NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti card).
    Upgraded my PC and got myself a NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti card a couple of months ago.
    Never had a single crash since then.

EDIT: by the way I also ditched Reshade. So not sure what has stopped my crashes...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Aug-28-2019 at 12:55.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kaper View Post
    I have tried opening the .dmp files in the ccpcrash folder but haven't had any luck. Let me know when/if you find something. I didn't feel like downloading the windows developer kit and all that.

These crashes you guys are experiencing sound like the same thing happening on my pc. My temps are high but not extraordinary. Temps were the first thing I thought could be the problem because it's 35 degrees here the last few days and that seemed like to much of a coincidence.

The crashes happen at very random intervals between 5 and 30 minutes of flight. I thought it was twc campain server related but I played some single player and had a crash there aswell although it took way longer before it happend.

I'm going to try resetting my cpu clock to default (doing this hurts my soul). I'l report back in a while with the results.
    Alright I told my autopilot to roam the skies for an hour while I was having lunch and when I came back the tank was almost empty and the game hadn't crashed. So not overclocking the cpu might have solved the problem. I wil turn my oc back on in the winter time.

21. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Another day, another crash! I'm back!

The game was updated the 13th and when I tried to play the game on saterday (14th) it kept crashing to desktop as soon as I tried to select an airfield to spawn at. It happens every time. Trying to change the resolution or changing the game to windowed mode also crashes the game (and trying to change config files to windowed or other resolution doesn't seem to do anything). I was able to launch an airspawned single player mission though.

The error code in the dump file: 0xC000001D
    Exception information: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
    This page didn't alow me to upload the full file here.

I have tried the following things:
    -Resetting clockspeeds for cpu and gpu
    -Verify integrity of game files in steam (Have done this multiple times and sometimes it finds 1 file that it needs to reaquire)
    -Checkdisk didn't find anything wrong with the drive
    -Being very, very, very patient before clicking the airfield (Never really works does it?)
    -Multiple reboots
    -Antivirus and firewall disabled
    -Closing msi afterburner before running the game
    -Ran ccleaner a few times to clean up the registry because I hadn't done that in a while and that never hurts

My pc:
    6600k @4.5 ghz (the new found stable clock for this game because il2 wouldn't run stable at 4.6 for some reason)
    Msi R9 390 8gb
    Msi z178a pc mate motherboard
    corsair rm750i psu
    Overkill cooling things

Any ideas what could be causing this?
    Also, should I be posting this anywhere update or team-fusion related?

edit: by the way, you can open .dmp files with visual studio to at least see the error code. Not much more info there about what went wrong.
    Last edited by kaper; Sep-16-2019 at 13:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

The game was updated the 13th and when I tried to play the game on saterday (14th) it kept crashing to desktop as soon as I tried to select an airfield to spawn at. It happens every time. Trying to change the resolution or changing the game to windowed mode also crashes the game (and trying to change config files to windowed or other resolution doesn't seem to do anything). I was able to launch an airspawned single player mission though.

-Verify integrity of game files in steam (Have done this multiple times and sometimes it finds 1 file that it needs to reaquire)
    -Being very, very, very patient before clicking the airfield (Never really works does it?)
    -Multiple reboots
    -Ran ccleaner a few times to clean up the registry because I hadn't done that in a while and that never hurts

My pc:
    6600k @4.5 ghz (the new found stable clock for this game because il2 wouldn't run stable at 4.6 for some reason)
    Msi R9 390 8gb
    corsair rm750i psu
    Overkill cooling things

edit: by the way, you can open .dmp files with visual studio to at least see the error code. Not much more info there about what went wrong.
    Go to video options and change from full screen to pseudo. Save. Exit the game.Before starting the game delete the cache folder in documents. Run the game. Check that in the first menu screen, in the lower right corner it reports, 4.56.0.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Sep-23-2019 at 17:53.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

-Multiple reboots

My pc:
    Msi R9 390 8gb
    corsair rm750i psu
    Overkill cooling things

If you have troubles with crashes in cliffs of dover, and it might be your OC please try this:

Please set everything to stock first to see if any of you changes is the problem.
    First try reset your RAM OC to stock please.
    Also check if your RAM sticks are ok.
    If that does not help, try CPU on stock.

Try this for CloD:

1st: Reset graphics for cliffs = delete "conf.ini" in "...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" (do not mistake it by other similar named inis). Do not start game yet.
    2nd: Delete cache, "...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover".

If you try to verify integrity or re install the game do not start the game before you have deleted the cache and the ".ini" files that you want to reset first in "C:\Users\Tibsun\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover".
    If you're using FreeTrack or similar, please uninstall the tracker program. (TrackIR is not affected)
    Also try to reinstall the common redist files in each of the folders - 4.0, 4.5, 4.7 (4.72) "....\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet" - 4.0 4.5 4.7 (4.72)
    Last edited by Tibsun; Sep-24-2019 at 11:17.

25. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    If you have troubles with crashes in cliffs of dover, and it might be your OC please try this:

Please set everything to stock first to see if any of you changes is the problem.
    First try reset your RAM OC to stock please.
    Also check if your RAM sticks are ok.
    If that does not help, try CPU on stock.

Try this for CloD:

1st: Reset graphics for cliffs = delete "conf.ini" in "...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" (do not mistake it by other similar named inis). Do not start game yet.
    2nd: Delete cache, "...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover".

If you try to verify integrity or re install the game do not start the game before you have deleted the cache and the ".ini" files that you want to reset first in "C:\Users\Tibsun\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover".
    If you're using FreeTrack or similar, please uninstall the tracker program. (TrackIR is not affected)
    Also try to reinstall the common redist files in each of the folders - 4.0, 4.5, 4.7 (4.72) "....\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet" - 4.0 4.5 4.7 (4.72)

Thankyou Tibsun for your reply!

After doing another reinstallation I
    -wasn't able to delete conf.ini and cache folder in documents/1c softclub/il2 sturmovik cod.../ because I had deleted the whole 1c folder before installation. But that implies that cache and conf are also gone so that should be fine.
    -Tried to install the suggested .Net files. (Running the installers in steamworks_shared all told me that the most up to date version of .Net was already installed. I also redownloaded the steamworks_shared but that didn't fix anything)

Having done the steps you suggested the game doesn't load like it did before. It crashes right after the logo that apears on your screen and before starting a full screen window.
    The errors as listed in event viewer when I try to run the game:

> a .Net error
    Application: Launcher64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    at <Module>.corelib.RenderWorld.ClearDynamic()
    at QZiZjpxnnRmnHHuOhIbU_qCBupP$1TDVrFR6187pckol.pCc2u qe9$NUHZkFrK4RAwHc()
    at QZiZjpxnnRmnHHuOhIbU_qCBupP$1TDVrFR6187pckol.QvZti qdlUNCzi_5KPNU_sLA()
    at AYB56PA7FbyE$$8MFI6r974O4H8hT6AeUdaoTWW4GX4D.QvZti qdlUNCzi_5KPNU_sLA()
    at RIBv6rZ4rWCEDrD_jR11yJglo$kmWoA8pzekY30BkcFZ.ccgEw iqz06skldTjEnhRh8k(RIBv6rZ4rWCEDrD_jR11yJglo$kmWoA 8pzekY30BkcFZ, System.String[], System.String, System.String)
    at maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[])
    at Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

> application error
    Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d81196c
    Faulting module name: core.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d811887
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000001b5a20
    Faulting process ID: 0x3574
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d576ed8aaedb5f
    Faulting application path: F:\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
    Faulting module path: F:\steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\parts\core\core.dll
    Report ID: 3f349676-f6a9-4035-b769-776a2072b9de
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Since I was able to to load the game before when it only crashed in the menu, I reinstalled again. Same result. Maybe I'm doing full installation wrong? Should I play clod before also downloading blitz?

----------------In my backup of the game 4.56 that still runs to the menu---------------------------
    I also have my other copy of the game from right after the update to 4.56. This is the backup of when the problems first started. This one still runs to the menu but crashes after clicking around for a while in the menu and it gives the following errors that are directX related:
    Application: Launcher64.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: exception code c000001d, exception address 00007FFC9C91CD21
    Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c6e4f67
    Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 10.0.18362.329, time stamp: 0x1ac9a115
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000acd21
    Faulting process ID: 0x3b34
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d576fb38b18fa0
    Faulting application path: F:\steam\steamapps\common\il-2cod backup\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    Report ID: dbc186d7-175a-486b-9ef9-0bd2172f241b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

@SKG 210_Mölders:
    Thankyou for helping!
    In this running version of the game I cannot change the graphics options because that makes it crash instantly. In the main menu screen it does say it is 4.56 though.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have two forum places now where I've posted about my struggles. The other one is here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=31352
    In that one I'm talking about the problems while I could still run the game to the menu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Yes, you probably have .NET installed already, but it should be re installed to clean stuff up that might create problems.

Please check if you might have Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials (maybe next to your AV)
    Please really double check, we had somone who told us several times he was sure he turned it off, while he didn't really double check and it took about a week that he realized he was wrong.
    Please try start the game as Admin.

Do you maybe run your game on the CPU graphics? DX 9 is weired as we saw in your other post.
    Do you run compatibility stuff?

One last thing would be if you have a Documents backup, with those .ini files, may you try the latest game version and swap in your old .inis to see if it would run.
    If it runs, please send in your working .ini here to be able to make comparisons what went wrong.

At that point my knowledge runs out, it might be another Windows update causing problems, may you check the forum for recent problems with Windows 10 updates and recommendations to uninstall some that had helped others in the recent past.

Good luck.

28. Likes kaper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    79.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Yes, you probably have .NET installed already, but it should be re installed to clean stuff up that might create problems.

Please check if you might have Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials (maybe next to your AV)
    Please really double check, we had somone who told us several times he was sure he turned it off, while he didn't really double check and it took about a week that he realized he was wrong.
    Please try start the game as Admin.

Do you maybe run your game on the CPU graphics? DX 9 is weired as we saw in your other post.
    Do you run compatibility stuff?

One last thing would be if you have a Documents backup, with those .ini files, may you try the latest game version and swap in your old .inis to see if it would run.
    If it runs, please send in your working .ini here to be able to make comparisons what went wrong.

At that point my knowledge runs out, it might be another Windows update causing problems, may you check the forum for recent problems with Windows 10 updates and recommendations to uninstall some that had helped others in the recent past.

Good luck.

I have dissabled the default anti virus in the registry just to make sure. It wasn't on though before though. But this should be enough of a double check. Starting the game as admin doesn't change anything unfortunately.

I run my game on my gpu. Although I do have a vga screen connected to the motherboard. I tried dissableing integrated graphics before and that didn't help. I'll try it again in a minute (EDIT: didn't fix it). My PC shouldn't be running any legacy compatability things, no.

Unfortunately I don't have a backup of the documents/1C folder from before the update.
    Last edited by kaper; Oct-02-2019 at 15:27.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for Cloder.exe

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for this list, really helped me getting the game running

32. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

ALT TAB CRASH

Has this problem on and off since win 10 update.

I hopw I found the solution.

Tried it out and looks promising:
    Article here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...ng_windows_10/

It appears "Focus assist settings" was the problem.

win button: search "Focus assist settings"
    disable "When I'm duplicating my display" & "When I'm playing a game"

God Speed for this unlucky to have this prob.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for the patch!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234