Thread: Spies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Cool Spies?

Hi everyone,

This post has absolutely no bearing on 99.99% of us, whatsoever.

A concern was made privately to me by a longtime player of a presence on the ATAG Teamspeak server of a non-player lurking on the channel. This in itself was no cause for concern, except there were indications that information was being relayed to the opposing side which was adversely affecting gameplay.

Maybe it was or maybe it wasn't. The concerned player readily agreed that his suspicions may be false; it just seemed fishy. The non-player was asked politely if anyone could assist him, and his response was that he was just "learning the game" by listening in. This, BTW, is perfectly legit and actually welcomed on our server. I appreciate that the concerned player handled himself with maturity and tact so the non-player was not made to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome.

On the very slight chance that this was a case of an actual player adopting a different Teamspeak ID to lurk on the opposite side to gain "intelligence" to pass on to others -- this contravenes the first rule of the ATAG Teamspeak server: "Please Respect Others". Remember, it's a very simple process to match up TS ID's with Steam ID's. We won't be doing this in this case, but fair warning has been given. I've posted the ATAG TS Rules below for reference.

As a final note, the vast majority of TS lurkers are legit and very welcome. We want to encourage newcomers to get involved, buy Cliffs of Dover, and join us. Please feel encouraged to verbally welcome any new name on your TS Channel and give them an idea of what's going on. If you have any concerns, drop down a channel with your mates and PM me with the details. Please do NOT make any serious confrontation on the server. You're there to enjoy yourselves!

Cheers,

Snapper

Teamspeak Server Code of conduct!!!!

1.Please respect others.
    2.Do not scream or hog up communications lines.
    3.Offensive Behaviour!! will not be tolerated in public comms channels.
    4.Language! be Aware we have young one's online!!!
    5.If you have a complaint please notify an admin.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; May-16-2013 at 07:51.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Spies?

Well we saw all sorts of underhand stunts in the old il2 online wars. Be a bit strange to see it in what is essentially a dogfight server though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Yeah, if it does occur I see it being done more out of "misguided playfulness" than anything. The ATAG Server is a sandbox. For many it's a dogfight server, and that's great. Many times I've logged in just itching to mix it up with opposing fighters. I figure my position is being announced to the other side by enemy radar, anyway. Others fly as squads, sometimes in bombers, where attempts are made to fly to a target undetected, or, intercept incoming players by surprise. In these cases it would be annoying to have your gameplan/position relayed to the opposition.

It's not been a major problem, to be sure.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

wouldnt that be something... if it ever were a problem, I think you could technically check a questioned ip to see if a player was flying for the opposing side

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Yep, that can work, too -- especially for simultaneous actions where even a dynamic IP address would be the same in this case.

Dutch

Spies, eh?

They were there in reality, so we should adopt a similar policy, i.e. if we find 'em, shoot the buggers. Preferably at dawn.

20080515155440_propaganda_poster_prop_01.jpg article-0-08E77248000005DC-486_634x901.jpg

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    Spies, eh?

They were there in reality, so we should adopt a similar policy, i.e. if we find 'em, shoot the buggers. Preferably at dawn.

20080515155440_propaganda_poster_prop_01.jpg article-0-08E77248000005DC-486_634x901.jpg
    lol!

The alternative is that all the squads go back to their own pass-worded TS channels and the friendly atmosphere of the public channel diminishes. So yes, Shooting at dawn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Shooting at dawn? Or this ?

Dutch

Yep, that would do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Well I could never understand most things happening due to point collecting dudes and what they can bring themselves to do. If you could buy somethings for the points ok.
    Many people should know that what make you remarked as a good online player here and in other servers is your conduct in game and your ability to team play.
    Noone but yourselves care about your stats. So if this is true I am not surprised.
    For my sak I choose bombers, and if there are less red when I come in I choose TS allied, later on maybe things turn and it is less on Blue (very often ) and I choose blue side.
    Then sometimes I forget to switch off TS. I never use TS on blue side, it is often noone there. So for maybe 10 minute I might be in red TS if it is silence there, if it is someone talking I remember to switch it off

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Good post, Snapper.

The combination of good piloting and compromised enemy locations or destinations can be devastating in this game. Maybe a simple Hello/Hi to fellow TS members in your channel may solve this issue.

Thanks, Snapper.

ATAG_DRock

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Sokol1

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

so what was the outcome? the offender was on again last night.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 4./KG53_saipan View Post
    so what was the outcome? the offender was on again last night.
    Hi Saipan,

His misconduct last night was reported to me by three ATAG members via PM. It was not the first offence by this individual, despite his promise to me that this would not be repeated. I am royally pissed, equally by the offence itself and his broken word to me personally.

You are right to enquire, and I will report on the outcome once it's done. To everyone I request no names be mentioned on this forum, but I certainly welcome any and all PM's where you can freely speak your mind in confidence.

Be assured in the meantime that this is considered a very serious matter.

Sincerely,

Snapper

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

I was also there last night and witnessed it myself with those who reported it. I just forgot to report it after I left the server.

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi Saipan,

His misconduct last night was reported to me by three ATAG members via PM. It was not the first offence by this individual, despite his promise to me that this would not be repeated. I am royally pissed, equally by the offence itself and his broken word to me personally.

You are right to enquire, and I will report on the outcome once it's done. To everyone I request no names be mentioned on this forum, but I certainly welcome any and all PM's where you can freely speak your mind in confidence.

Be assured in the meantime that this is considered a very serious matter.

Sincerely,

Snapper