Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

Re: Banzai!

Just bought this looks good and play good i am told

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Just got this also. I liked Call of Duty World at War. What I like about Rising Storm is that each side must use it's own historical weapon set. In WaW u could use any weapon u had unlocked from any nationality which detracted from the realism IMO as did the stupid dog attacks. Picking up a weapon from a downed enemy is fair enuff as that did happen. Good to see Australian servers are up and running for it. Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad comes as a freebie with the purchase.

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with RO2 as it was less "hardcore" than original RO. But since I own RO2 I guess I will take a chance and buy RS since its cheaper for RO2 owners...

BTW I heard japanese mortars are a bit overdone as you can pinpoint to perfection where you want grenades to land...is that true? For flametrowers I heard they have unrealistic range?

sry, im "hardcore realism" type of guy, cant help myself hihi
    Last edited by Tvrdi; May-29-2013 at 04:45.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Knee mortars are a bit much. They seem to be able to land really precisely.

Flamerthrowers range is ok. The problem is that it seems like if any of the flame catches you at all then it's instant death. Also the flamethrower guy can move too quickly for somebody who's supposed to be lugging around a heavy piece of kit. So instead of a support role you end up with flamers just trying to charge into buildings and puff puffing away. I can live with the knee mortar personally as the Japanese have it a bit tougher in general so a little bit of extra balance to help them out is ok in my opinion. The flamer definitely needs a bit of a nerf though I think - if anything just to try and nudge players to start using them right.

It's still a fun game though and they've done a pretty good job with the balance. Easily worth the tenner I paid for it. And I'm sure that knee mortars / flamethrowers are open to tweaking still.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
    I must admit I was a bit disappointed with RO2 as it was less "hardcore" than original RO. But since I own RO2 I guess I will take a chance and buy RS since its cheaper for RO2 owners...
    Buy before 05/30 and get 15% off:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/

Sokol1

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Been playing the Ro/Dh/RO2 series since day 1.

I Only play on classic mode though, it's closest to the original RO game feeling.

It's a great series to pick up and play for an hour, for a quick blast.The maps are nice and the load-times are quick. I'ts not the kind of game you have to spend ages sneakign around and setting up tactical positions.

Spawn and shoot, jolly good fun.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Good game - better that RO2:HoS.

Sokol1
    Had no idea this was in development.I havent played any Red Orchestra game but this dlc/expansion looks amazing.Do I need Heroes of Stalingrad to be able to play Rising Storm?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 4./JG53 Royraiden View Post
    Do I need Heroes of Stalingrad to be able to play Rising Storm?
    No, and since now RO2 and RS are merged in one game, if you buy Rising Storm you get free RO2:HoS to play in rifleman class (owners of RO2 that dont buy RS can play RS in rifleman class).

RS trailer

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; May-31-2013 at 23:00.

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

RS is awesome. Spent 2 hrs playing last night. Could be a tactical challenge if played well and in team. Banzai charges are effective only in groups and with proper cover (smoke nades etc). Making french fries out of ppl with flamethrower is also very enjoyable. Priceless moment was me realising somebody dropped katana sword just so I can be blown away by a trap mine hidden below it. All in all well worth 8 euros (40% discount for preorder/beta and for owning RO2:HoS). I play this in a "combination" with wasteland missions in ARMA3. Its a win scenario.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Jun-01-2013 at 06:35.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

yeah I got it last night. I think the graphics are a little nicer than RoS, have not done much with the sniper rifle. hope to see you guys online. any particular server?
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)