Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Show us your cockpit

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Re: Show us your cockpit

Bloody hell Zeb - Deep pockets!
    Lol, no the fuselage and windshield were $50 at the salvage yard. I have a few pounds of rivets and a roll of sheetmetal flashing from the hardware store. The collective is being made from raw materials + a 3D printer from WalMart (our cheap store in the US).

-Z

2. Likes ATAG_yotheguy liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

In between everything else, working on a new set of controls for my JU 88.

SpaceClaim_2020-07-05_13-47-17.png SpaceClaim_2020-07-05_11-45-18.png IMG_20200704_182842129_compress22.jpg

and of course, the real thing...
    post-5311-1225412230.jpg
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Making progress. All the controls are done except for the fuel selector switches. I'm using potentiometers, and they need to have detents for Off-Left-Right-Both, so I'm printing out parts on a prototype design as we speak. I plan to add a panel that flips up from the left side with trim controls...haven't started that yet because it will require some gearing, and I'll have to use my brain!

IMG_20200707_130633712_compress92.jpg SpaceClaim_2020-07-07_14-21-09.png
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    and I'll have to use my brain!

Bwains !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Fuel Selector switches DONE! The number of detents is easy to change by simply changing the number and location of the notches in the knob.

SpaceClaim_2020-07-08_10-38-37.png IMG_20200708_103342045_compress32 (1).jpg

And here is my "Occupy Positions" panel. CLOD has potentially 9 positions that can be occupied, from pilot (position 1) to bombardier, to gunners. As you can see, there are 9 easily accessible buttons for the 9 positions. What's under the cover? A tenth button with a special purpose. Anyone who has flown multi-position aircraft in CLOD knows that when you switch to a gunner position and lean to gun-sight, you take over control of the gun from the AI. If you switch to another position, the AI gunner does NOT automatically re-take command of the gun. You may wonder why the AI gunner isn't doing anything...it's your fault for not releasing the gun back to him! The only way to release control is to occupy the position and hit ALT-F2. I don't think there is any way to tell CLOD to assign a joystick key or other command to this function; it has to be ALT-F2 apparently. So I have a macro running that captures this joystick button press and sends and ALT-F2 to the console. Why the cover? Well, you will find out the hard way that if you accidentally press ALT-F2 while occupying the pilot's position that it causes you to leave the plane entirely, and since you are the pilot, the aircraft will immediately nose down out of control until it crashes. There is no way to get back into the plane once you have left. Well, maybe you could escape to the game menu, then reoccupy the plane from there...I haven't tried it because every time I have accidentally done this the plane has crashed too quickly. Anyway, the cover is there to make it more difficult to accidentally send the ALT-F2.

IMG_20200708_122924378_compress66.jpg IMG_20200708_122919480_compress4.jpg
    Last edited by Kendy for the State; Jul-08-2020 at 12:45.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Fuel Selector switches DONE! The number of detents is easy to change by simply changing the number and location of the notches in the knob.

SpaceClaim_2020-07-08_10-38-37.png IMG_20200708_103342045_compress32 (1).jpg

And here is my "Occupy Positions" panel. CLOD has potentially 9 positions that can be occupied, from pilot (position 1) to bombardier, to gunners. As you can see, there are 9 easily accessible buttons for the 9 positions. What's under the cover? A tenth button with a special purpose. Anyone who has flown multi-position aircraft in CLOD knows that when you switch to a gunner position and lean to gun-sight, you take over control of the gun from the AI. If you switch to another position, the AI gunner does NOT automatically re-take command of the gun. You may wonder why the AI gunner isn't doing anything...it's your fault for not releasing the gun back to him! The only way to release control is to occupy the position and hit ALT-F2. I don't think there is any way to tell CLOD to assign a joystick key or other command to this function; it has to be ALT-F2 apparently. So I have a macro running that captures this joystick button press and sends and ALT-F2 to the console. Why the cover? Well, you will find out the hard way that if you accidentally press ALT-F2 while occupying the pilot's position that it causes you to leave the plane entirely, and since you are the pilot, the aircraft will immediately nose down out of control until it crashes. There is no way to get back into the plane once you have left. Well, maybe you could escape to the game menu, then reoccupy the plane from there...I haven't tried it because every time I have accidentally done this the plane has crashed too quickly. Anyway, the cover is there to make it more difficult to accidentally send the ALT-F2.

IMG_20200708_122924378_compress66.jpg IMG_20200708_122919480_compress4.jpg
    This setup looks awesome Kendy.

Just FYI you can jump back into the plane if you accidentally press ALT-F2. I think the default key is ALT-F1, the command is "take control of AI controlled aircraft" I think. However on ATAG there is a script that automatically blows holes in your left wing if you ALT-F2 out of the plane to prevent abuse of it to deny someone a kill. So it's not really feasible on the ATAG server. But I'm not sure about other servers.

8. Likes Kendy for the State liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Flare View Post
    This setup looks awesome Kendy.

Just FYI you can jump back into the plane if you accidentally press ALT-F2. I think the default key is ALT-F1, the command is "take control of AI controlled aircraft" I think. However on ATAG there is a script that automatically blows holes in your left wing if you ALT-F2 out of the plane to prevent abuse of it to deny someone a kill. So it's not really feasible on the ATAG server. But I'm not sure about other servers.
    I'll try that next time it happens!. So far I've always been close to the ground, so there hasn't been time to try anything, but I'll keep it in mind.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Very disappointed that the Martlet only provides for a landing gear interface with 3 positions: down-neutral-up. I was really looking forward to making a crank handle on a potentiometer with 34 turns. At least they did it correctly with the cowling flaps, so I will work on a 4 turn crank for that.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

CloD has much leftover of simple logic of commands of IL-46, why things like sequential magnetos, multiple fuel tank selector, Ju 88 flaps operation "turn" only for right, is 1, 2, 3... then 1. Can't be 1, 2, 1 or 3, 2, 1.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-02-2022 at 17:53.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

13. Likes danperin, ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Colander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    Ta Bon!
    Oscar to the best original soundtrack

15. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Buttkicker BK2 Users,

After a question from a fellow CLod'er, I forwarded some advice on my Buttkicker Gamer 2 installation. I thought I'd repost it here for information...

As noted in the instructions, BK2 measures bass response to activate the seat shaker. I originally had it hooked up with the included Y-cord to sense satellite speakers, but that setup requires a lot of bass to all the speakers all the time. I have my best results by sensing the powered subwoofer instead. This also permits independent control of bass and surround response since I can shut off the subwoofer power when not gaming or listening to powerful music. Since my powered subwoofer uses 100 watts, this also conserves electricity and reduces heat in the room during the hot summer (Aussie winter?) months.

My sound comes through a surround 5.1 Sony receiver which makes things easy. I draw sound signals from the computer to the receiver with an optical cable for pure, clear sound. HDMI might work also but Optical is so good and so cheap that I went that way. I don't send video through the receiver.

I built a cockpit chair from an old style, 4 castor swivel chair (<$20 used), removing the armrests (Picture 1) and disabling the swivel feature by siezing the shaft with a throughbolt (Picture 4) at the shaft bottom. The transducer is then mounted very tightly to the now fixed swivel post. (Picture 4) I stabilized the back and sides of the chair with some cheap plywood and gave it a coat of old blue/grey paint to give it an "ejection seat" look (Picture 2).

I found it necessary to "lock" the rear castors somehow to stop the chair from scooting back in the heat of battle. This finally required replacing the rear castors with white rubber "Crutch tips", available in hardware stores. Avoid black ones to prevent marks on the floor or pad. These crutch tips cause the chair to be a little difficult to move back from the screen, so I added a little handle to the upper chair back (Picture 3) so I can take the weight off the crutch tips and roll back on the front castors.

I keep it clean and sweat-free with an old bath towel over the chair back fabric. The wife washes it for me when it looks dirty or starts to show signs of autonomous life.

Buttkicker is like color TV... you don't notice it operating so much as you notice its absence when it's not ON or available. When I forget to turn mine ON, I'll soon realize that somethings "missing".

For less than $25 US, this seat works well for me.

DSC_0117.jpg DSC_0118.jpg DSC_0119.jpg DSC_0120.jpg
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-07-2021 at 08:25.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Here's my humble pit,although it's already been shown in my recent ' VICKERS WELLINGTON FLIGHT CONSOLE' thread,I have re uploaded the pics here as obviously this is the correct and rightful section.

The first couple of pics show the pit without my bucket seat blocking the controls.

Some time ago I installed a black carpet and painted a large section of my flight room black,this black section of my room really helps when using the room for any sim,I got the idea after noticing the F1 teams use a black room for all their sim work......it really does work a treat....although the boss took some convincing,but even she came round in the end.

1 001.jpg

1 002.jpg

1 003.jpg
    Last edited by Meaks; Dec-31-2020 at 06:54.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.39 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

cockpit.jpg

I havent gotten more, I just adjusted it to be a FS 2020, DCS chopper, GB COD bomber cockpit put into a 1 square meter space

20. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    I havent gotten more, I just adjusted it to be a FS 2020, DCS chopper, GB COD bomber cockpit put into a 1 square meter space
    ha !

I hear that !!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

22. Likes LuseKofte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

95% complete, just need a bass shaker attached to that chair and boom, all set
    1e9498b5-00f2-439c-a514-f4c4e0a60cf5.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    bass shaker
    I think you added an extra B there

25. Likes ATAG_Pattle, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

nothing else to buy (maybe another buttshaker to my pedals)

Last edited by Lorena; Aug-26-2022 at 12:33.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.20 MB

very beautiful post

28. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Still a work in progress...

IL-2 Setup 1-27-22.jpg
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3374, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 551.76 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

- I need vibration like this video at my homemade cockpit.
    Never, you fire on my plane, because I will vibration like this video

LOL

31. Likes Pinguim, Silent135 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.11 MB

I am not sure but it may be possible to have too much free time on your hands !!!! actually I think I better make one of these also

TGIF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.36 MB

Here is my setup. Looks like I will be doing some cable management soon. And maybe some vacuuming as well.

MoosePit001.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler / Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard / Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory / Samsung 980 Pro 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive / Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive / MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card / Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 MicroATX Mid Tower Case / EVGA GQ 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply / Phanteks PH-F120SK 50 CFM 120 mm Fan / Phanteks FSK 84.5 CFM 140 mm Fans 3-Pack / Phanteks PH-CB-CMBO_WT 19.68" Cables - Internal Power Cables" / Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo RGB Gaming / TrackIR 5 / CH Fighterstick / CH Pro Throttle / CH Throttle Quadrant / CH Pro Pedals / Razer BlackShark V2 Pro headset / Samsung 40" TV

34. Likes Pinguim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Final version at least

Last edited by Lorena; Aug-26-2022 at 15:16.

36. Likes Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

A room like that (with it's contents) is added to my wishlist

38. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.92 MB

x
    Last edited by Tonester; Jan-22-2023 at 18:12. Reason: because
    Intel i7 9700KF Processor 3.60 GHz - ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard - Win 10 Pro 64 bit Build 19044.1526 - 32Gb G.Skill Sniper X 3600MHz DDR4 Ram - RTX2080 Super Dual OC 8Gb - Nvidia Driver 511.79 - 1920x1080 Philips 32" - Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 1TB SSD - Samsung 860 QVO 7mm 2.5" 2TB SSD - TM Warthog - Velocity One Quadrant - Velocity One Yoke - MFG Crosswinds Pedals - CH Quadrant - HP Reverb Pro G1 2208 x 2164 per eye resolution - HyperX 7.1 Headset - Next Level Racing GTtrack Simulator Flight Cockpit - Buttkicker Pro - TrackIR 5.0 (gathering dust)- FPS Max 89 Min 23 AVG 49 on England freeflight with settings all same as MikMak

Both game and 1CSoft folders are in their default positions on Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 1TB SSD C Drive

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

41. Likes Little Bill, ATAG_Lenny liked this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718