Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Show us your cockpit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Re: Show us your cockpit

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    [...]This also displays the Trim Wheel position, Rudder Bias position, Radiator status, and finally the Flap status.

[...]
    How do you do that?
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

2. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Looks like a good set up McSlash. I have my controls sitting on a stand but considering a keyboard tray approach like yours, and i think you have convinced me. How wide is your tray?
    Thanks . . . Yeah, I needed to be able to work on my comp as well as play, and had thought this out for a while. The Saitek Flight Controls have a 2" base which aggravated some shoulder problems and just wasn't comfortable, but I could not find the set up I wanted.
    I found this desk on Amazon, with almost everything else for around $110US, easy to assemble, very sturdy, and obviously designed with gamer's input.
    Atlantic Gaming Desk
    I just got myself some drawer slides and a shelf and customized . . .
    Width was limited by the desks legs to 25-1/2" not wide enough for joy and keyboard, but that's okay as the desktop's height is good for the keyboard.
    As for new buttons, between my Razer Anansi KB with it's unlimited Macros, and the Saitek X-52Pro's 3 Modes and "Pinkie Switch", I've pretty much got it covered.

I have also removed the suction cups from the bottom of the X-52 and replaced them with Velcro, much more effective, just be sure to put the hook side on the controller and the fuzzy side on the desk, easier on the forearms.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 334th_McSlash; Mar-25-2018 at 14:33. Reason: additional thoughts
    334th_Mc_____
    "I'm a combat pilot, Will. I belong in the air" . . . . . President Thomas J. Whitmore

4. Likes farley, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
    How do you do that?
    With Devicelink exporting an "Virtual Cockpit" for a (Windows, I think) Tablet.

See there: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=3887

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
    How do you do that?
    Hello Tumbler.

I used a 10" monitor (HDMI from my 1080). You can run multiple instances of Virtual Cockpit, and have different instruments on each monitor.

I have two instances of VC running. 1 x instance for the BFP and 1 x instance for the Compass monitor.

Behind the BFP Bezels is an old 14" monitor. VC is used to display the BFP gauges. You have to amend the cockpit.ini within VC to position/resize the gauges.

The same thing on the smaller monitor. Every Gauge is resized and positioned to suit. I like the compass on this cheap 10" monitor. And because I had the space, the flaps, trim, rudder and radiator gauges were also added.

Last edited by Nails; May-03-2018 at 14:36. Reason: Added the 3rd photo

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

found another comms panel... to compliment the first:

Switch Panel 2.jpg

this version has a three way switch dead centre with a potentimeter at its head...

select left engine, both engines, right engines... and i have the pot on carb heaters... though super charger would also work.

this is now my engine controls peripheral... magnetos, fuel cocks, starter... and so on...

the one on the right of it which you may have seen before (with my medals on) is still bombs / cameras / and emergency gear...

Again a big thanks to 1Lokos for pointing me in the right direction when i started on the addictive route to "peripheral self sufficiency"

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Very nice button Box and Throttle... Who knows... where can I buy this ???

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Hi Sw1ive,
    Somewhere in this thread is a link to the maker of that set. He has different configurations with electronics that are nicer than cheap stuff you actually find on aircraft. haha Pricey, but it's not a mass production deal.

The weekend is finally here, and I can finally whittle away at some of my projects. Not a cockpit per se, but the bits are coming together.
    I've been struggling to get something not CNC-ish for engraving the flap lever and came across etching with ferric chloride.
    DunlopFlapLever_Etching.jpg
    Also got a big win yesterday at the scrap yard and found the exact size flatbar for making a guzzillion flap levers ($6 for the flatbar!).
    Dunlop_FlapLever.jpg
    Made a new 5C-543 switch lever from aluminum using files and saws. Might alodyne some to gold to keep a variety for different systems. The flap lever and switches are mechanically momentary for sim use, but I'll be making 3 position types too.
    5C-543Switch_Close.jpg
    I wish I could make these cheap enough for everyone, but I'd be making like $3/hour. I think the original Ebay ones are fairly priced too.

Last edited by 69th_Zeb; May-26-2018 at 13:14. Reason: Re-arrangle-ing stuff

10. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, Marco, farley, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    Hi Sw1ive,
    Somewhere in this thread is a link to the maker of that set. He has different configurations with electronics that are nicer than cheap stuff you actually find on aircraft. haha Pricey, but it's not a mass production deal.

The weekend is finally here, and I can finally whittle away at some of my projects. Not a cockpit per se, but the bits are coming together.
    I've been struggling to get something not CNC-ish for engraving the flap lever and came across etching with ferric chloride.
    DunlopFlapLever_Etching.jpg
    Also got a big win yesterday at the scrap yard and found the exact size flatbar for making a guzzillion flap levers ($6 for the flatbar!).
    Dunlop_FlapLever.jpg
    Made a new 5C-543 switch lever from aluminum using files and saws. Might alodyne some to gold to keep a variety for different systems. The flap lever and switches are mechanically momentary for sim use, but I'll be making 3 position types too.
    5C-543Switch_Close.jpg
    I wish I could make these cheap enough for everyone, but I'd be making like $3/hour. I think the original Ebay ones are fairly priced too.

Those three way switches look mighty familiar. I have a Morse panel with a load of those on. They are pretty stiff switches....

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

12. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Good to know Highseas. My kids struggled to toggle mine because adding the magic metal is always harder if I've filed too far, but had no idea what the actual forces were. The ones above are the 5C-543 On-Off toggles (which are technically a momentary when the throw goes through center, so it acts as a keyboard press). I'm hoping to make a few 5C-930 3-ways as well.
    Currently machining a set of flap levers (easier to handle two at a time). Wife is all good with machining on the kitchen table. She's a keeper.

*Update: Done! Except....down is upside down. lol Back to sanding and etching.

DunlopFlapHandleComplete.jpg

-Z
    Last edited by 69th_Zeb; May-28-2018 at 13:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    411.0 KB

Salute All!
    Nice to see you in the Sky.

Last edited by Vindy; Jun-03-2018 at 13:18.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14239&dateline=152795  9039

15. Likes SharkBait, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by sw1ive View Post
    Very nice button Box and Throttle... Who knows... where can I buy this ???

Send an email to Vitaly at this address gvl224@ukr.net
    tell him Skud sent ya.

Skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

17. Likes danperin, sw1ive liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.15 GB

awesome

19. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

I think I have enough buttons now
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    135.00 MB

There never can be too many buttons

22. Likes ATAG_Highseas, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdare View Post
    I think I have enough buttons now
    The buttons to the right:

buttons.jpg

The buttons to the left:

more buttons.jpg

And I'm working on the helicopter collective... which will eventually have... yep... more buttons !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

24. Likes ATAG_yotheguy, ATAG_((dB)), sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

What I especially liked was that an MFD fits around my X-55 stick (only barely didn't fit around the throttles)
    Everything is in place with my favorite simming friend: Velcro
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

26. Likes ATAG_Highseas, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

What I especially liked was that an MFD fits around my X-55 stick (only barely didn't fit around the throttles)
    Everything is in place with my favorite simming friend: Velcro

Yeah. That works rather well around the stick!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

28. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Hello Tumbler.

Nails, I can see you have upradet your cadet stick to a Spitsim stick with rudder pedals. I was going to buy it myself but went for a chopper setup instead. Magnificent setup you got there

30. Likes ATAG_Snapper, danperin, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

32. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    No possibility for loops or barrel rolls = Fail!
    Je Maintiendrai

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

35. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

No possibility for loops or barrel rolls = Fail!
    well also the need to underpin your house foundations...

and move everything else you own out to the shed. once you have bought a shed...

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

37. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by sw1ive View Post

I looked at that one with the blue knobs on before i made my main trim box / wheels / flaps lever / rads blaaa etc control box.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

39. Likes sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LuseKofte View Post
    Nails, I can see you have upradet your cadet stick to a Spitsim stick with rudder pedals. I was going to buy it myself but went for a chopper setup instead. Magnificent setup you got there
    yeah.. he's nailed it !

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Check out Ross' current facebook page with new P-51 quadrant fabrication goodness. I don't have facetube haha, but you can still view. Ross has been restoring a Spit MkV for a museum in Oz.
    https://www.facebook.com/heatseaker3ddesign/

42. Likes gonk, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

44. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

So, on Black Friday a few weeks ago I picked up a 55” 4K LG LED TV which is now set up, moving my ancient Samsung 46” 1080p TV as a 2nd monitor. (My aging eyes love having the HUGE fonts rather than squinting at the tiny lettering on the now-retired el-cheapo 17” 2nd monitor).

I’ve been alternating between the TM16000 and Sidewinder 2 FFB sticks (my Warthog stick died), complemented with the excellent Warthog throttle and CH Quadrant controller. Saitek Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR5, and Logitech G430 earphones rounds out my virtual cockpit. It ain’t fancy, it’s as ugly as the gal to be asked to dance last at the school dance, but it gets the job done.

LOVE the 4K graphics on the big screen, even though now I can’t spot contact dots to save my life (literally). But a flaming death is a small price to pay for 4K Blitz beauty!

6349F419-2A07-4ABC-A6AB-C01E3175A40C.jpeg

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

46. Likes DRock, danperin, Vlerkies, ATAG_Pattle, sw1ive liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    So, on Black Friday a few weeks ago I picked up a 55” 4K LG LED TV which is now set up, moving my ancient Samsung 46” 1080p TV as a 2nd monitor. (My aging eyes love having the HUGE fonts rather than squinting at the tiny lettering on the now-retired el-cheapo 17” 2nd monitor).

I’ve been alternating between the TM16000 and Sidewinder 2 FFB sticks (my Warthog stick died), complemented with the excellent Warthog throttle and CH Quadrant controller. Saitek Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR5, and Logitech G430 earphones rounds out my virtual cockpit. It ain’t fancy, it’s as ugly as the gal to be asked to dance last at the school dance, but it gets the job done.

LOVE the 4K graphics on the big screen, even though now I can’t spot contact dots to save my life (literally). But a flaming death is a small price to pay for 4K Blitz beauty!

6349F419-2A07-4ABC-A6AB-C01E3175A40C.jpeg

Awesome setup!

I have the curved version of your tv, and I love it. Kinda overkill when you’re only 3 ft away, but you get use to it quick.

After looking at all the eye candy (4K), I’ve set mine to PC-mode 2560x1440 120Hz. The improved frame rate makes a difference, and the resolution is better than your last one. But, to each their own.

If your pedals ever fail you, I would highly recommend the Crosswind pedals. Worth every penny.

Thanks again for your admin work on ATAG.

Cheers, Mate.

48. Likes ATAG_Snapper, sw1ive liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    339.71 MB

Hi,

I've been a luker on this forum for a few years now.
    I have been flying a lot of WW1 - Wings Over Flanders Fields while working on my pit. Recently spent the time to get CLoD operational and started learning to fly the WW2 birds.
    For now, still a single player. Have completed the BoB Campaign and have a few missions under my belt flying The Oden dynamic campaign.
    Keep up the great work Team Fusion. I am looking forward to v5.0.

Here are a few shots of the current iteration of my pit.
    Hope everyone has a fantastic New Year.

DSCF9974 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9970 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF9972 (Medium).JPG
    Last edited by stache; Dec-30-2018 at 13:46.
    I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Stache, yours is one of the coolest set up I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing.

Pattle

51. Likes sw1ive liked this post
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast