Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RAF Fighter Horizontal convergence

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Mindle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    911.26 MB

Re: RAF Fighter Horizontal convergence

Horizontal first, vertical second

Windows 10 64-bit; Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.4 GHz Processor; 16.0 GB RAM; NVIDIA GTX970; TM Warthog HOTAS; MFG Crosswinds; Track IR5

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    757.71 MB

180 200
    H first

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I took some time to correct a few things on the Spitfire calculator (details) and created one for the Hurricane. Hope you'll like them ;)

Hurricane H&V convergence calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr
    Spitfire H&V convergence calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt

As before, please let me know if you have any question, remark or if you found a bug.

Cheers,

DeX

Edit : I had forgotten to allow DL permission, it should work now. Thanks David for the heads up
    Last edited by DeXaÏ_☨; Oct-31-2015 at 13:38.
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks for this, Dex!

I'm currently evaluating your data under combat conditions. It may take awhile to find a 109 that will just hold still long enough for me to steady my sights on him!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

6. Likes DeXaÏ_☨ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Thanks for this, Dex!

I'm currently evaluating your data under combat conditions. It may take awhile to find a 109 that will just hold still long enough for me to steady my sights on him!

I've got three words for you:

Single Player Mode

just set up a RAF 109 and shoot him to bits!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed by the math here, but I want to try your suggested convergences. I do have a question; Why do the vertical convergences between guns 1&8, 2&7,3&6 and 4&5 not match each other the same way the Horizontal ones do? I like to load tracers only in my outboard guns, and this might mean that they will not converge on the same point?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Murph View Post
    Why do the vertical convergences between guns 1&8, 2&7,3&6 and 4&5 not match each other the same way the Horizontal ones do? I like to load tracers only in my outboard guns, and this might mean that they will not converge on the same point?
    Hi Murph,

This is just a personnal preference. Having them like that increases the "spread/showering" (see lateral view of the calculator).

Yet, we are talking about 15 vs 30cm between points of impact here. So you can, and should modify those values to suit your preferences.

As a reminder for everybody : yellow cells on the calculator tab can be modified and charts will automatically update to display trajectories/guns on target.

Regarding tracers : for info, those rounds contain pyrophoric materials which tends to make them lighter, which in turn makes them less energetic (+ they won't retain velocity as well as standard rounds). Also, as per TF posts, an incendiary/tracer will be less efficient at starting fire than a "100%" incendiary for example (due to the reduced payload).

Cheers,

DeX
    CPU: Intel I5 2500K / MOBO: Asus P8Z68V / GPU: Asus GTX660 2Gb / RAM: Corsair XMS 3 4x4Gb 12800 / OS: W7 Home Premium / SC: Asus Xonar XD / CTL: CH Pro CombatStick+Pedals+Quadrant / HTD: TrackIr 4 Pro / HS: Logitech G35

Spitfire H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/g9QRNt
    Hurricane H and V Convergence Excel Calculator : https://goo.gl/ZyClQr

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_DeXaÏ_☨ View Post
    Hi Murph,

This is just a personnal preference. Having them like that increases the "spread/showering" (see lateral view of the calculator).

Yet, we are talking about 15 vs 30cm between points of impact here. So you can, and should modify those values to suit your preferences.

As a reminder for everybody : yellow cells on the calculator tab can be modified and charts will automatically update to display trajectories/guns on target.

Regarding tracers : for info, those rounds contain pyrophoric materials which tends to make them lighter, which in turn makes them less energetic (+ they won't retain velocity as well as standard rounds). Also, as per TF posts, an incendiary/tracer will be less efficient at starting fire than a "100%" incendiary for example (due to the reduced payload).

Cheers,

DeX

"Suit your preference" is the operative advice here...

I choose the outboard guns for tracer ammo simply because I like to strafe columns of vehicles. The tracer divergence in this configuration will show the lateral limits of your impact points left and right of the column. All of the bullets are "between the white lines" so I don't continue firing when too far from the target.

It serves the same purpose in air to air combat, and really helps from the 6 O'clock firing position. Tracer only helps me as a pointer during deflection shots... not enough time for me to get analytical... so I guess inboard tracer with lower convergence/divergence angles would be best for that.

It kinda makes the argument for multi-barrel guns! High rate of fire with no convergence at all!
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-25-2015 at 10:56.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345