Thread: Ju88 propeller pitch

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ju88 propeller pitch

It seems to me that after the last patch 3.01 the Ju88 engine revs are much more sensitive to the propeller pitch than to the throttle command. In horizontal flight with 2/3 throttle I have to keep about 50% pitch to don't go into the red zone. All other planes are not so sensitive. Is it an historical feature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Ju88 propeller pitch

This one is for the FM guys to answer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by marcastel57 View Post
    It seems to me that after the last patch 3.01 the Ju88 engine revs are much more sensitive to the propeller pitch than to the throttle command. In horizontal flight with 2/3 throttle I have to keep about 50% pitch to don't go into the red zone. All other planes are not so sensitive. Is it an historical feature?
    The original game's Ju-88 prop pitch system was incorrectly modelled as a constant speed. We had to redo the prop to a variable pitch system to line up with the historical installation. Ivank spent a lot of time on this, and encountered a lot of difficulty in getting it to a decent level of functionality the current incarnation. We feel it is as close as we can get at the moment, although we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    .......we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.
    I guess so. Thanks for the answer, and above all thanks for your commitment to improve the game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    The original game's Ju-88 prop pitch system was incorrectly modelled as a constant speed. We had to redo the prop to a variable pitch system to line up with the historical installation. Ivank spent a lot of time on this, and encountered a lot of difficulty in getting it to a decent level of functionality the current incarnation. We feel it is as close as we can get at the moment, although we may re-visit it at some later date if our knowledge of the code improves to the point we can re-write the prop management code and improve performance. But it is down on the list of priorities.
    Good reply!