Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

  1. #31
    Ace Mysticpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Worcestershire, UK
    Posts
    4,831
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.05 GB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Your post has been mentioned behind the TF doors. All I can say is that it is in the hands of the 3D modellers and the time they have available, but it has been noted

    Cheers, MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

  2. #32
    Combat pilot II/JG77_RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast of Canada
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Your post has been mentioned behind the TF doors. All I can say is that it is in the hands of the 3D modellers and the time they have available, but it has been noted

    Cheers, MP
    Thank you Mysticpuma, This issue really is a game changer that is why I feel so passionately about it, and why TF should consider it carefully. Also, that is why Oleg and TD decided to go with the half plate in the original IL2 for fun & playabilities sake, plus it was alot easier (modifying the cockpit model) than adding an extra part to the arming screen where you could select the different plate options like a load out. Kind of a half way point. I felt somebody had to mention it before we were too far down the road to go back and fix it.

    If anything, going with the HALF PLATE should save our favourite 3D guys an hour or two (or more) of work per 109 they model.



    II./JG77_RC
    Advocates against the
    full armor plate in 109's
    in all WW2 flight SIMs

    Everyone together Now . . . . 1, 2, 3, "HALF PLATE" !

    PS: I finally was able to create a bugtracker account and have submitted this through the proper channels. Thanks again TF_Artist ! ~S~!
    Last edited by II/JG77_RC; Nov-18-2014 at 00:23.

  3. #33
    Team Fusion Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    203.92 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    HI RC,

    Quote Originally Posted by II/JG77_RC View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I would be very happy to make this feature request through official channels. Now I have attempted to sign up for the bug tracker but no matter what username/ password combo I try I keep getting the "Invalid user or password" notice. Both links take me to the same log in page, then I hit register in the top right but can not register, I just keep getting the Invalid notice after I fill in all the spaces then click the button to complete the form.
    See PM

    Cheers,
    Artist

  4. #34
    Student Pilot SirTophamHatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Fort Hood, TX
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    174.32 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Hi guys I am new here. Well, I tried CloD a few years ago and it was just a disaster on my rig so I gave up on it and went back to '46 and the occasional bit of WT that I could stomach for a glimpse of higher quality graphics. I have been with BoS for the last couple of years and I have been loving it. I honestly didn't think much about CloD anymore because of the glitches and no official support and so on. I saw some wonderful screenshots out there and videos but I never could get it to run that nice on my rig. When Jason announced that TFS will be given the source code and have official authorisation to continue work on CloD, I decided it was time to check it out again. I came here and downloaded all of the patches and got everything working and was blown away that finally I could run this on maxed out settings without the slide show I was getting with minimum settings before. I have been playing now and then in my spare time for a month trying to learn some basics. I really love BoS and it does do a couple of things better than the CloD engine but this CloD looks so much more beautiful in every way. The lighting is better, the textures are better, the grass is better, ground objects, water. Even though BoS trees can cause damage the CloD trees look a lot better and move in the wind. There is just so much more detail in this and it makes BoS feel like it was a rushed job to me. I will say that BoS has better physics for damage model but CloD is absolutely unbeatable in the visual damage model. There are more detailed parts INSIDE the planes here. The engine exhaust flames are a lot more realistic and are actually reflecting the status of the engine cylinders instead of just eye candy. I know there are good things and bad things about both and I honestly don't want to start anything about which is better because everyone has their own opinion.

    What I really want to say is...

    You guys have done an amazing job on finishing a super detailed sim that the original developers tossed in the trash. You guys have turned this into the masterpiece that it should have been. I am a born again CloD player thanks to your work and while I still love BoS, I think I am more excited for TF 5.0 than I am for Battle of Kuban. Again to everyone involved at Team Fusion Simulations, great work and thank you!

  5. #35
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Marlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    (QUOTE): Sir Topham: What I really want to say is...

    You guys have done an amazing job on finishing a super detailed sim that the original developers tossed in the trash. You guys have turned this into the masterpiece that it should have been. I am a born again CloD player thanks to your work and while I still love BoS, I think I am more excited for TF 5.0 than I am for Battle of Kuban. Again to everyone involved at Team Fusion Simulations, great work and thank you![/QUOTE]

    Fantastic post, Sir Topham! If I had a hat I'd take it off to you because you have said (beautifully) what we all feel and love about CLoD...and the unbelievable work that TFS have put in to it. Whilst I've only been around for about a year, now, it was good to read your post because it reminded me of the first time I discovered this sim...the realism, the historical accuracy, the amazing handling qualities of the aircraft and the variety available. Not to mention that all encompassing 'blue funk' I found myself in when I first looked backwards, in multiplayer, and saw a 'yellow nose' on my tail.

    I am sure you agree...when you know another human is at the controls it scares the hell out of you and makes ALL the difference! Hope to see you in the skies very soon, Sir Topham. Do say 'hello' on Team Speak if you see me first! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Jan-20-2017 at 19:53.

  6. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
  7. #36
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Thanks for your comments Sir Topham

    We appreciate you enjoy CLIFFS OF DOVER TF style, and we hope to have some more improvements for you within a very few short months... assuming our deal with 1C becomes official.

    I do believe CoD has some game elements which are superior to BoS, but I will also freely admit BoS has some elements which are ahead of us. The good news is both game engines are being improved, and that can only be to the benefit of Flight Sim enthusiasts.

    Both games are a lot of fun and TF would encourage everyone to try out both games. There is also the fact we will be covering different Theaters, and therefore to get your Pacific War fix, you'll need to get it via BoS's game system. And of course, if you love the Desert War... then you'll need to try it on our CoD engine.



    Quote Originally Posted by SirTophamHatt View Post
    Hi guys I am new here. Well, I tried CloD a few years ago and it was just a disaster on my rig so I gave up on it and went back to '46 and the occasional bit of WT that I could stomach for a glimpse of higher quality graphics. I have been with BoS for the last couple of years and I have been loving it. I honestly didn't think much about CloD anymore because of the glitches and no official support and so on. I saw some wonderful screenshots out there and videos but I never could get it to run that nice on my rig. When Jason announced that TFS will be given the source code and have official authorisation to continue work on CloD, I decided it was time to check it out again. I came here and downloaded all of the patches and got everything working and was blown away that finally I could run this on maxed out settings without the slide show I was getting with minimum settings before. I have been playing now and then in my spare time for a month trying to learn some basics. I really love BoS and it does do a couple of things better than the CloD engine but this CloD looks so much more beautiful in every way. The lighting is better, the textures are better, the grass is better, ground objects, water. Even though BoS trees can cause damage the CloD trees look a lot better and move in the wind. There is just so much more detail in this and it makes BoS feel like it was a rushed job to me. I will say that BoS has better physics for damage model but CloD is absolutely unbeatable in the visual damage model. There are more detailed parts INSIDE the planes here. The engine exhaust flames are a lot more realistic and are actually reflecting the status of the engine cylinders instead of just eye candy. I know there are good things and bad things about both and I honestly don't want to start anything about which is better because everyone has their own opinion.

    What I really want to say is...

    You guys have done an amazing job on finishing a super detailed sim that the original developers tossed in the trash. You guys have turned this into the masterpiece that it should have been. I am a born again CloD player thanks to your work and while I still love BoS, I think I am more excited for TF 5.0 than I am for Battle of Kuban. Again to everyone involved at Team Fusion Simulations, great work and thank you!

  8. #37
    Student Pilot CapaUno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Glastonbury, Somerset, U.K.
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Hi there ;o) a question about key binding the open/close radiators....

    Hi there ;o)

    Well I've put a fair bit of time getting the game up and running as I suspect you all have but the first time I get on a practice server my radiator(s) don't seem to work and I don't seem to be able to bind keys to toggle radiator/oil radiator.....I have for the fuel and the brakes for example and in game I get a notification on screen but nothing for either radiator?

    I have tried several different keys to make sure though there are some ready made like 'R' toggle and 5+6 on/off but nothing....any ideas....I had a good google for it and got something about manually changing the confuser file but I have saved my controls as per save so they are seperate and having looked at the confuser.ini (so aptly named for me atm) and 'R' is there for the water Rad and 5+6???....

    ...can't remember the oil rad but eh it's there and I don't know enough to say if the code is written incorrectly ie not recognized but it seems that your campaigns would be really short if everytime your engines would blow up after 5 mins so really it can't be that....any ideas....I have had a good look online....maybe there's a lot of sad people out there who could never get their radiators working and could never get up in the sky who no-one really knows about....

    I mean it's in the script so why isn't it recognized....I know there are a few config files and a lot of radiator options but only one to toggle and only two for on/off but no cigar....

    I think it must be a bug of some kind....hope it's not cholera....

    Thanks in advance

    Capa

  9. #38
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: Hi there ;o) a question about key binding the open/close radiators....

    Hello CapaUno

    Welcome to the world of CLIFFS OF DOVER.

    My first suggestion: Did you read the Beginner's Guide?

    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

    Most of the answers regarding how to get up and running well are there.

    The issue with your Radiators is not a bug... it is quite easy to assign them to either a button, axis or a key on your keyboard.

    Don't try to do this manually in the confUser file, do it within the game.

    1) Start the game
    2) Click on Options
    3) Click on Controls
    4) If you are going to use an axes for the radiators, (ie. you are going to use something like the throttle control) then select the 'axes' tab on the upper right, click in the right column opposite 'Radiator', and move the axes you want to control the radiator... the game will register it.
    5) If you are going to use buttons for the Radiator, select the 'Keys' tab in the left upper right, then in 'Category' select 'Aircraft', and scroll down till you come to 'Open Radiator' and 'Close Radiator'. Click in the column to the right of the command and then press the button you want to use to either open or close the radiator.

    Remember, 'Radiator' refers to either the control which opens the shutters to the water and/or glycol radiator, ie. to the liquid cooling system... or alternatively, it could refer to the metal shutters which open to allow air to circulate in an air cooled engine.

    Don't forget the 'Oil Radiator' which refers to the oil cooling radiator, in some planes, (like the 109) you have to set this manually... in some others, (like the Merlin engined types) it is automatic. If you don't have this open in a manual type, then your engine will overheat.

    Hope this has been helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by CapaUno View Post
    Hi there ;o)

    Well I've put a fair bit of time getting the game up and running as I suspect you all have but the first time I get on a practice server my radiator(s) don't seem to work and I don't seem to be able to bind keys to toggle radiator/oil radiator.....I have for the fuel and the brakes for example and in game I get a notification on screen but nothing for either radiator?

    I have tried several different keys to make sure though there are some ready made like 'R' toggle and 5+6 on/off but nothing....any ideas....I had a good google for it and got something about manually changing the confuser file but I have saved my controls as per save so they are seperate and having looked at the confuser.ini (so aptly named for me atm) and 'R' is there for the water Rad and 5+6???....

    ...can't remember the oil rad but eh it's there and I don't know enough to say if the code is written incorrectly ie not recognized but it seems that your campaigns would be really short if everytime your engines would blow up after 5 mins so really it can't be that....any ideas....I have had a good look online....maybe there's a lot of sad people out there who could never get their radiators working and could never get up in the sky who no-one really knows about....

    I mean it's in the script so why isn't it recognized....I know there are a few config files and a lot of radiator options but only one to toggle and only two for on/off but no cigar....

    I think it must be a bug of some kind....hope it's not cholera....

    Thanks in advance

    Capa

  10. #39
    Supporting Member 9./JG52 Pans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincs, UK
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    69.26 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Hello, I've got a couple of suggestions, if I may?

    Firstly, the new loading screens on the latest combined Steam beta are lovely but I now find it quite difficult to read some of the on-screen text against the background. This can be particularly problematic when trying to read server briefings against the image of the Stuka. Is it possible that either the background can be changed or the contrast between on-screen text and backgrounds altered to improve readability?

    Secondly, I appreciate that this would not be considered anything approaching a priority and is possibly a niche demand, but now that TFS have access to the source code is there any chance that the map tools can be improved or expanded? Waypointing on the in-game map seems rather cumbersome and the protractor tool is both particular fiddly to use and again not particularly legible when attempting to take a bearing.

    Otherwise, keep up all of the great work and I can't wait to see what TFS will be bringing us in the future!

  11. #40
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    306.59 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Pans View Post
    Hello, I've got a couple of suggestions, if I may?

    Firstly, the new loading screens on the latest combined Steam beta are lovely but I now find it quite difficult to read some of the on-screen text against the background. This can be particularly problematic when trying to read server briefings against the image of the Stuka. Is it possible that either the background can be changed or the contrast between on-screen text and backgrounds altered to improve readability?

    Secondly, I appreciate that this would not be considered anything approaching a priority and is possibly a niche demand, but now that TFS have access to the source code is there any chance that the map tools can be improved or expanded? Waypointing on the in-game map seems rather cumbersome and the protractor tool is both particular fiddly to use and again not particularly legible when attempting to take a bearing.

    Otherwise, keep up all of the great work and I can't wait to see what TFS will be bringing us in the future!
    Yes, we goofed on the text for the loading boards... we needed to switch the images last moment.

    Will be fixed for TF 4.5. (as well as a lot of other elements and additions)

  12. Likes Hurricane, BOO liked this post
  13. #41
    Ace TWC_Sp00k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    338.31 MB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    I cant say I have read every TF post. Part of me wants it as a surprise, part of me doesn't care. All of me, trusts, that like death, it will come and the best I can hope for, is that it is painless. I know the team is doing their best and as I am very happy with what I already have, anything else is considered cream.

    If I had any request, it isn't so much about the games planes or its dynamics. I would be more interested in the video capture aspect of it. Camera views etc. Not sure if it has even been discussed and by no means do I consider it a priority or deal breaker. Just something else that adds to the aesthetics of the game. I enjoy making vids for personal pleasure (no not those type of vids) or vids for the Squadron. An improved free camera aspect (which I imagine is a lot of work) would be excellent. The cherry on the cream if you will.

    Not important as the work being done I am sure, but just a thought for the future if not considered already.

    Appreciate the sacrifices the team has already made and as always, from one of the long term flightsim community, always thankful.

  14. #42
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.0 KB

    Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

    Hi fellas,

    Have you guys found and eliminated the 109 cannon bug for force feedback users? It kicks too hard and we have to mess about with ini files. The downside being less stall warning after the little mod.

    I have not found a post on it and didn't want to create a new thread. Seemed a good time to ask.

    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •