Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We do read your posts and welcome your comments

Salute All

Just wanted to say that although posters may not get a reply on every post put up, the members of Team Fusion do read comments, and we do take into account feedback on this board when we set priorities and do work on the mod.

There have been quite a number of occasions where comments posted here have caused us to make changes.

However, we do look for posts which have been carefully thought through, with the poster having tested objectively. We do not pay much attention to knee-jerk posts along the lines of "My favourite plane sucks, make it Uber or I'll have a tantrum..."

And of course, if we spent the time to reply to every comment, we wouldn't have time to do the actual work. You would be amazed how much time can be used up reading a post, looking at the historical data and game files, even running a flight/damage/weapons test to check to see if the poster has a point, before finally then composing a reply.

Of course many times we know all about the issue which the poster has pointed to, and are either already working on a fix, or have put it aside for the moment because the amount of effort required for a fix is not cost effective at the particular stage of Mod development. Team Fusion knows the bugs and problems of CoD better than anyone... even the original developers at 1C would be hard pressed to match our level of dedication in focusing on bugs.

But feel free to continue to post, just don't expect you'll always get a reply.

2. Likes Gramps liked this post
    Dutch

Re: We do read your posts and welcome your comments

Shit Buzz, you know that we know that you know what's wrong. It's just that we enjoy indulging in 'lively conversation'. Place would be dull without it, fo' sho'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    Shit Buzz, you know that we know that you know what's wrong. It's just that we enjoy indulging in 'lively conversation'. Place would be dull without it, fo' sho'.
    Hmmmmm,
    I did a test on "lively conversation" but the code is buggered up again.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Carefully thought-out posting:
    Something that bugs us video makers a bit is that the "tool tips" appearing next to the cursor cannot be turned off. Would be great if they could be toggled on and off as wanted. They ruin the immerson a bit... Also, I think they aren't really useful to seasoned flyers, who know their cockpits pretty well.
    Thanks for telling us that you listen!

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    Carefully thought-out posting:
    Something that bugs us video makers a bit is that the "tool tips" appearing next to the cursor cannot be turned off. Would be great if they could be toggled on and off as wanted. They ruin the immerson a bit... Also, I think they aren't really useful to seasoned flyers, who know their cockpits pretty well.
    Thanks for telling us that you listen!
    Just press F10. Or assign a button on your joystick to ' toggle independant mode'. No more offensive cursors or tool tips. S'easy peasy mate.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I would use that mode, but I actually need the cursor from time to time. Both to press little-used buttons that I haven't bound to the keyboard, and to zoom in and out (since the original 1C programmers, in their wisdom, didn't assign a couple of buttons to 'zoom in' and 'zoom out', as in every other sim). Another little oversight that I hope TF can rectify!

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Oersted View Post
    I would use that mode, but I actually need the cursor from time to time. Both to press little-used buttons that I haven't bound to the keyboard, and to zoom in and out (since the original 1C programmers, in their wisdom, didn't assign a couple of buttons to 'zoom in' and 'zoom out', as in every other sim). Another little oversight that I hope TF can rectify!
    Roger. It'd be great if we had a FSX/DCS style disappearing cursor for sure. But if you assign a button on the stick or throttle, it's easy to 'toggle' between the two modes, although the mouse clashes with TrackIR if you forget to toggle back.
    I have the zoom function set up too, but in my case it involves a stick button and the mouse. No additional software, but I agree there, too.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    131.89 MB

I really admire what you have done with Team Fusion. I got COD and patched it late winter and plan on trying to spend some quality time with it this fall/winter (we travel in the summer). I have a couple suggestions which I am sure you might have seen before.

I would love to see you put the ability to adjust the axis curves. I am sure there have been debates about this but my take is simple. Not all joysticks respond the same way. I got a Thrustmaster Warhog for as a retirement gift. I like the stick but it seems really sensitive for my taste. Even worse is the Saitek Rudder Pedals I received as well. I could use Target to solve the stick problem but that still leaves the rudder. I know there is a workaround using Virtual Joystick but that sort of defeats the reason I have read for the team taking it out. It seem to me that if DCS left if in for their P-51 it should not be looked at as a cheat to have the ability to adjust it.

The second suggestion would be to build in a quick view for the compass. The location of which is terrible. I am sure that in real life it might be easy to glance down and see it clearly but in the virtual cockpit it is not. Not even using TrackIR is it easy to see it clearly without a lot of jockeying around. It would just be a neat addition. I see there is a workaround called NewView but is seems tedious to implement and would just be nice to see the ability to bind a key and have it switch to the compass view while pressed.

Thanks for you work as it looks awesome.

OverDhill

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

OverDHill, have a look at the utilies & tools section. There are solutions for both of your problems I believe...

+ you can actually change the sensitivity of the axis in the menu of the game!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.36 MB

Hi Everyone!
    I want to express my gratitude to the members of TF team for what they do!
    You are great!
    Who you are, what country, what nationality?

ps I'm sorry, I write with the help of Google translator

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FilMit View Post
    Who you are, what country, what nationality?
    Many different countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Many different countries.
    Who started all this do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FilMit View Post
    Who started all this do?
    Everyone, no one, it doesn't matter. What matters is that TF exists

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    131.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    OverDHill, have a look at the utilies & tools section. There are solutions for both of your problems I believe...

+ you can actually change the sensitivity of the axis in the menu of the game!

You obviously did not read my post very well. I said you could do both items I pointed out with addition utilities. What I was asking for was to have these functions built into the game itself.

First I pointed out the inability to adjust the joystick axis curve not the sensitivity. There are a number of issues when trying to use vJoy along with Joystickcurves. For one I use PPJoy for a few other older simulations that recognize only 1 joystick. Although vJoy is suppose to be a replacement for PPJoy is does not do any remixing of joysticks buttons on its own. You can run the UJR application which is much like PPJoyJoy and mix joysticks together including buttons to achieve the same results. However you can not use UJR and Joystickcurves together so if your trying to change the curve of your joystick you cannot map buttons as it only handles axises. vJoy and PPJoy do not play well together so you can only have one installed. All this just because COD does not have the ability to adjust the joystick curves as does IL-2 1946 and DCS.

No offense to the NewView creator but it is a pain to setup and can change from plane to plane. Having a quick view built in would make life much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by OverDhill View Post
    You obviously did not read my post very well.
    There are better ways to say that.
    Remember the person replying to your post is trying to help you

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    131.89 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    There are better ways to say that.
    Remember the person replying to your post is trying to help you
    I truly did not mean it in any offensive manner to the responder.

I have again just spent hours trying to get PPJoy and Vjoy to either play nice or get Vjoy/Joystickcurve to replace PPJoy completely with all the functions I need. Maybe my frustration was showing through a bit. Sorry if it sounded like I did not appreciate a response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by OverDhill View Post
    I truly did not mean it in any offensive manner to the responder.
    No problem at all, I really didn`t read it very carefully and was a little too fast with helping. I hope TF reads your post more carefully...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Atag's and TF boys !

I was away for a time from COD, trying BOS, and DCS P-51, SP & MP, Huey, dora and so on. very very nice stuff too.

every sims have their good points and their bad points. I love Flight model of DCS, and the "study" sim side, I love some part of BOS.

but what I want to tell you tonight :

Is that there is nothing better the fun and pleasure to shoot down a 109 on ATAG's Server with COD TF over the Channel !
    there is nothing better at this time about graphisms feelings and adrenaline.

It's such a pleasure and great to fly on it : Cockpit are so so nice reflective the sun, dogfighting is very very pleasant, aerobatics and mass management are usefull ( and it seems easier after many DCS sessions to shoot a 109 ...), the way birds are predictable when you know the way to get their best ( 670 hours on Clod at this time), but the way you will go down is never predictable ( thanksfull to the best accurate damage model ) unless other sims. In Bos when you're hit, it's always the same motion sequence with blood stuff on canopy which make it a bit arcadish, really don't like this part

I was very very very happy after so much snow to see again the marvellous landscape of cliff of dover, and france sky ! it's for me like go back home after a trip !

Very pround to support you since the begining of TF adventure.
    and definitely i LOVE Cod, and the Fun to dogfight and feel the real thing with great true scale scenery and awesome clouds.

I would love a TF COD, with a bit improved Flight models with better ground effect on take off and landing ( like DCS) more clickable real sequence on start up (primer ?) (like DCS or A2A), with more airplanes, improved real Merlin and BMW motor sounds and artillery sounds . But I know you will make it always better and better !

keep the dream ON TF ! We believe in you and we're pround to support you and your effort !

core I5 3570K - win 7 64 on SSD - COD & BOS & DCS P51-HUEY-HAWK on SSD - RAM 8,00 Go - GTX 670 - MSFF2 - opentrack -

sweetfx last for BOS :http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/index....attach_id=6340
    sweetfx last for CLOD : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...3&d=1406627211

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks for the kind words... that's the only compensation we get, and we appreciate them.

We're glad you enjoy the game and hope to have more goodness in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by implicit A View Post
    Hi Atag's and TF boys !

I was away for a time from COD, trying BOS, and DCS P-51, SP & MP, Huey, dora and so on. very very nice stuff too.

every sims have their good points and their bad points. I love Flight model of DCS, and the "study" sim side, I love some part of BOS.

but what I want to tell you tonight :

Is that there is nothing better the fun and pleasure to shoot down a 109 on ATAG's Server with COD TF over the Channel !
    there is nothing better at this time about graphisms feelings and adrenaline.

It's such a pleasure and great to fly on it : Cockpit are so so nice reflective the sun, dogfighting is very very pleasant, aerobatics and mass management are usefull ( and it seems easier after many DCS sessions to shoot a 109 ...), the way birds are predictable when you know the way to get their best ( 670 hours on Clod at this time), but the way you will go down is never predictable ( thanksfull to the best accurate damage model ) unless other sims. In Bos when you're hit, it's always the same motion sequence with blood stuff on canopy which make it a bit arcadish, really don't like this part

I was very very very happy after so much snow to see again the marvellous landscape of cliff of dover, and france sky ! it's for me like go back home after a trip !

Very pround to support you since the begining of TF adventure.
    and definitely i LOVE Cod, and the Fun to dogfight and feel the real thing with great true scale scenery and awesome clouds.

I would love a TF COD, with a bit improved Flight models with better ground effect on take off and landing ( like DCS) more clickable real sequence on start up (primer ?) (like DCS or A2A), with more airplanes, improved real Merlin and BMW motor sounds and artillery sounds . But I know you will make it always better and better !

keep the dream ON TF ! We believe in you and we're pround to support you and your effort !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi!

I'm new to CoD and ATAG, but a rather old simmer

Was brought to combat flight simulation by a friend who, two years ago, almost forced me buying DCS just to try the P51d. I did, and soon followed the uh-1h, and recently the Dora.

Meanwhile he offered me IL2 BOS. He knows the first thing I look for in a flight simulator is the quality of the flight dynamics modeling and overall physics modeling.

Well, after using DCS for quite a while, and IL2 BOS for a few months, I decided, last week for the first time, to give CoD + TF a try.

My first experience was a true deception, because I wasn't aware that I was playing the sim with the "expert" mode options enabled. It felt rather arcadish that way, and, given the expectations I
    had built up, through many videos seen on youtube, and reading many opinions from CoD users, I decided to simply uninstall it right away, but somehow, it looked strange that I could read so
    many good comments from many users, some of them users I believe are seasoned users of this type of flight simulation, so...., I decided to re-install and test again.

Well, since last friday I am slowly becoming an CoD + TF addict. Have a lot to learn before even trying to enter MP sessions, mainly performing many flight dynamics tests. Overall what
    I am finding in this simulator is VERY GOOD, and in some aspects even unexpected. I find the complexity of the various aircraft models superb, I like the cockpits a LOT, the graphics, the
    smoothness with which it runs on even my low end PC, and, each session is creating additional positive experiences

Honestly, and although I have been reading that ground handling is not good in CoD, I have been finding it very good and plausible. Comparing to ground handling in IL2 BOS, for instance, I actually
    prefer the feel in CoD!

In flight there are also many positive aspects of the aircraft models I was able to try ( not all included in the game ). I also wonder if there are any additional aircraft, for instance the Fw190 ?

Anyway, what I would like to say is that I am really very positively impressed and enjoying each minute in CoD + TF. A Big Thank You to Team Fusion! Looking forward for any future updates!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thankyou for your comments. We are glad you enjoy the TF mod.

We are working on introducing new aircraft, maps and objects to the game.

At this point the Focke Wulf 190 is not one of the aircraft we are working on for TF 5.0, but we would hope to introduce it in later releases.

Quote Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
    Hi!

I'm new to CoD and ATAG, but a rather old simmer

Was brought to combat flight simulation by a friend who, two years ago, almost forced me buying DCS just to try the P51d. I did, and soon followed the uh-1h, and recently the Dora.

Meanwhile he offered me IL2 BOS. He knows the first thing I look for in a flight simulator is the quality of the flight dynamics modeling and overall physics modeling.

Well, after using DCS for quite a while, and IL2 BOS for a few months, I decided, last week for the first time, to give CoD + TF a try.

My first experience was a true deception, because I wasn't aware that I was playing the sim with the "expert" mode options enabled. It felt rather arcadish that way, and, given the expectations I
    had built up, through many videos seen on youtube, and reading many opinions from CoD users, I decided to simply uninstall it right away, but somehow, it looked strange that I could read so
    many good comments from many users, some of them users I believe are seasoned users of this type of flight simulation, so...., I decided to re-install and test again.

Well, since last friday I am slowly becoming an CoD + TF addict. Have a lot to learn before even trying to enter MP sessions, mainly performing many flight dynamics tests. Overall what
    I am finding in this simulator is VERY GOOD, and in some aspects even unexpected. I find the complexity of the various aircraft models superb, I like the cockpits a LOT, the graphics, the
    smoothness with which it runs on even my low end PC, and, each session is creating additional positive experiences

Honestly, and although I have been reading that ground handling is not good in CoD, I have been finding it very good and plausible. Comparing to ground handling in IL2 BOS, for instance, I actually
    prefer the feel in CoD!

In flight there are also many positive aspects of the aircraft models I was able to try ( not all included in the game ). I also wonder if there are any additional aircraft, for instance the Fw190 ?

Anyway, what I would like to say is that I am really very positively impressed and enjoying each minute in CoD + TF. A Big Thank You to Team Fusion! Looking forward for any future updates!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi!
    First off, I am very grateful to TF for resurrecting COD! I really enjoy it, although I'm not good enough to venture onto the ATAG server, as I would be cannon fodder for sure.

I was wondering if there has been any thought given to the trim in CLOD. I fly mostly RAF aircraft but I am sure the Luftwaffe has the same "problem".
    I think the spit gets out of trim way too easy. Now I am a private pilot so I know that trim changes with power settings , attitude, and so forth, (and I also know that there's a big difference between a Spitfire and a Cessna 182) but in COD it seems that it is far too sensitive. The rudder for example can get out, I mean way out, without any combat maneuvers.The trim just seems to wallow all over the place. I've noticed that you really cant find a center it goes too far one way, and when you come back, it goes too far the other way. It may just be me or my setup.I have a CH stick, throttle, and rudder pedals.

Maybe its just me. Anyone else noticed this? Is it something that TF is thinking about? Maybe its fine, just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Hi AP,

When I started flying COD earlier this year I was using my hat switch on my ch fighterstick for trim and had exactly the same experience. I'd just come over from il-2 where it worked fine so was a bit confused why it was so sloppy. Saw a post I think that recommended using the up/down/left/right arrow keys for rudder and elevator trim and other buttons for aileron. Made the change and slop gone.

A couple of caveats. I fly the 110 with only a few hours in the Tiger Moth and limited time in red fighters early on so my set up might not work across all aircraft. And if you aren't using the hat for trim then my post is irrelevant.

Hope u get it sorted.

Ezzie

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.Hill View Post
    Hi!
    First off, I am very grateful to TF for resurrecting COD! I really enjoy it, although I'm not good enough to venture onto the ATAG server, as I would be cannon fodder for sure.

I was wondering if there has been any thought given to the trim in CLOD. I fly mostly RAF aircraft but I am sure the Luftwaffe has the same "problem".
    I think the spit gets out of trim way too easy. Now I am a private pilot so I know that trim changes with power settings , attitude, and so forth, (and I also know that there's a big difference between a Spitfire and a Cessna 182) but in COD it seems that it is far too sensitive. The rudder for example can get out, I mean way out, without any combat maneuvers.The trim just seems to wallow all over the place. I've noticed that you really cant find a center it goes too far one way, and when you come back, it goes too far the other way. It may just be me or my setup.I have a CH stick, throttle, and rudder pedals.

Maybe its just me. Anyone else noticed this? Is it something that TF is thinking about? Maybe its fine, just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi Ezzie,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am using a hat switch on my throttle for trim. I like to be able to adjust trim without taking my hands off the controls but I will give your suggestion a try.
    Thanks again!
    AP

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Ezzie,
    Taking the trim off the hat switch really helped. Thanks for the suggestion.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.Hill View Post
    Ezzie,
    Taking the trim off the hat switch really helped. Thanks for the suggestion.
    No probs -glad u got an improvement AP.

There might be a way to use the hat but in my case I got used to using the keys for trim and have not bothered re investigating it.

Ezzie

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Regarding the most recent TF Update Thread Nov 14 2014 - Building blocks

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=13942

Please do not take this the wrong way, because I greatly appreciate the work all of the members of team fusion do. But the issue I am mentioning here is far to important not to mention and is a complete game changer for pilots who fly 109's.

There was a lot of very cool stuff in the video this week, except for 10 seconds (6:26 to 6:36) which made me recoil in horror. The appearance of the dreaded, and very hated by all 109 SIM pilots THE FULL ARMOR PLATE in the back of that 109 cockpit model that was being showcased.

Since we are all very busy people here I will not waste any time getting down onto my hands and knees and begging Team Fusion not to completely take away the 109 pilots view of his 6 o clock

What we have now in Cliffs is the best view of the 6 o clock of a 109 I have ever seen in any SIM, but what may be future is this:

[IMG][/IMG]

What I am pleading for here, and I am sure many will agree is for this, THE HALF PLATE:

[IMG][/IMG]

This is what Oleg and Team Daidalos gave us for all Emil and Fredric variants of the 109 in IL-2 1946, also worth mentioning is that in BOS 2 of the unlocks for 109 cockpits are the Half Plate, and the Galland panzer glass.

I know what some may be thinking "what you are saying here RC is all well and good, but, historically the 109 came from the factory with the full armor plate" to which I would reply: "yes, you are correct, but, in fact it was very common that once these planes reached the front many pilots had their ground crew chief remove the upper part of the armor plate because with it in place the pilots rear visibility was unacceptable"

Now, for all the skeptics out there I would like to provide you all with some photographic evidence that my claims are true.

109E7 of JG27 over north Africa (notice the upper part of the armor plate has been removed)

[IMG][/IMG]

E4 or E7 of JG26 France 1940:

[IMG][/IMG]

109F of JG 27 North Africa 1942 (Again the top part of the plate removed)

[IMG][/IMG]

Now some of our favorite Luftwaffe Aces:

Galland France 1940-41

[IMG][/IMG]

Marseille North Africa in his Fredric 1942

[IMG][/IMG]

Steinbatz ? in a fredric

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see the half armor plate was often used simply because the full plate deprived the pilot of such a huge amount of their overall visibility from the cockpit. Since I know how Team Fusion prides them self's on doing things right the first time, and pleasing the community, I would like to kindly ask that you spare the pilots who love 109's the pain and suffering of being stuck with the full armor plate in all upcoming 109 variants. Instead, in the interest of playability and because you care what the community has to say, be kind & give the 109 pilots THE HALF PLATE and we will all Love you even more than we do now.

Thank you for your time.

Yours Truly,

II./JG77_RC
    Advocates against the
    full armor plate in 109's
    in all WW2 flight SIMs

Last edited by II/JG77_RC; Nov-16-2014 at 19:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Hi RC,

thank you for your suggestion. To faciliate and organize bug reports and feature requests, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. May I kindly ask you to check if this feature has already been repquested there and if not (and I am sure it hasn't), to create a new issue with this? And, if you haven't done so already, please do read the guidelines here first: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4.

Thank you very much,
    Artist

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by II/JG77_RC View Post

I know what some may be thinking "what you are saying here RC is all well and good, but, historically the 109 came from the factory with the full armor plate" to which I would reply: "yes, you are correct, but, in fact it was very common that once these planes reached the front many pilots had their ground crew chief remove the upper part of the armor plate because with it in place the pilots rear visibility was unacceptable"
    Hi RC,

Not necessarily correct, and dependent on the 109 model and date of manufacture. i.e. Some E1's had this canopy type fitted even before BoB started as routine mantainance, some were flying around during BoB with their original canopy.

From what I have gleaned is that when looking at the E1/3/4's there were essentially 2 lids, canopies, and 2 distinct variations of pilot head armor protection in them.
    During E4 production the new lid included (kopfschutz assembly) a straight armour plate behind the pilots head initially.
    Developments moved fast and shortly after this was extended to include a curved top piece of armor on top of the vertical plate in a curved fashion protecting from high six attack.

Now these canopies were fitted to E1 and E3's already in the field as they came in for maintenance. So in truth and there is plenty of evidence to support it, there was a fair mix flying about at the time (with and without Kopfschutz protection, some with only vertical plate, some with full curved)

As unacceptable as this armor was to some, it saved Adolf Galland's life during BoB.

After BoB the much improved Erla Haube canopy was introduced somewhere in the G series with vastly improved all round vis, better framing and also the rear armor behind the pilots head was not metal but BP glass of sorts, which improved rear vis.

Last edited by Vlerkies; Nov-17-2014 at 02:28.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Hi RC,

thank you for your suggestion. To faciliate and organize bug reports and feature requests, we have established a bugtracker here at http://tfbt.nuvturais.de. May I kindly ask you to check if this feature has already been repquested there and if not (and I am sure it hasn't), to create a new issue with this? And, if you haven't done so already, please do read the guidelines here first: http://tfbt.nuvturais.de/projects/il2clodtf/boards/4.

Thank you very much,
    Artist
    Thanks for the reply, I would be very happy to make this feature request through official channels. Now I have attempted to sign up for the bug tracker but no matter what username/ password combo I try I keep getting the "Invalid user or password" notice. Both links take me to the same log in page, then I hit register in the top right but can not register, I just keep getting the Invalid notice after I fill in all the spaces then click the button to complete the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlerkies View Post

As unacceptable as this armor was to some, it saved Adolf Galland's life during BoB.

After BoB the much improved Erla Haube canopy was introduced somewhere in the G series with vastly improved all round vis, better framing and also the rear armor behind the pilots head was not metal but BP glass of sorts, which improved rear vis.
    That story about Galland is a good one, the day the plate was installed several hours later it saved his life (but would he have been bounced if the plate was not there ?) Although Galland says in the story that he got bounced because he was staring in awe at the flaming RAF aircraft going down that he had just shot.

The Erla canopy was introduced as standard kit in the later G6 series. I can not remember where I read this, it was a while ago, but apereantly Galland had the panzer glass rear protection in 1941 in his personal aircraft (he and his mechanic came up with the idea). It was installed in his 109F2 that was heavily modified at the time, with the bullet proof glass behind him, 20mm mg151 cannon in the nose and 2 x 13 mm heavy MG's
    Last edited by II/JG77_RC; Nov-17-2014 at 03:25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast