Thread: How can I paint my plane ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

How can I paint my plane ???

Can I paint it with software of CoD ???

What of software can I free download ???

I want to paint my nickname and my (badge - pennant)

Dutch

Re: How can I paint my plane ???

EErrrmmm, nope. Not going to get involved here. Oh crap, I just did. But anyway, why?

Seriously, why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    EErrrmmm, nope. Not going to get involved here.
    Hei Dutch, saw many of these?

Like?

No.

GIMP

Just dont me ask how paint... I dont know.

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by sw1ive View Post

I want to paint my nickname and my (badge - pennant)

I don't know anything about skinning however, I have seen skins around that will allow you to display your nick on the side of the aircraft. I have some 109 skins that allow for this. These can be found easily enough using a Google search. You simply have to input the desired name prior to downloading the skin. Personalized nose art is something else again. This could be done but would require an advanced set of skills.

Dutch

A German bloke who used to call himself 'Ede99' made me some fantastic skins for the old IL2. He used to e-mail them to me , and my 'Tag' was displayed on the fuselage in a really subtle way. He did a fantastic job.

Unfortunately, his English and my schrechlicher Deutsch seldom met in the middle, but it was good fun. But for some reason, in Cliffs of Dover, all that stuff, unless it's historical, just seems.......I dunno, self indulgent?

(feeble attempt to rescue some credibility after a crappy reply to a decent query. Sorry Chaps! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Look here:

http://www.cliffsofdover.fr/?recherc...rso_nom=PAPPY2

Option to include you calsign, victories and Hakenkruz.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jul-06-2013 at 08:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

The IL2 skin in Clod is a JPG file that any free art software like GIMP can manipulate. In the old IL2 each and every time you played online your computer would download these files (BMP then I think) and you could select them for your own creations or, as occasionally you had to, delete them.

In the ATAG servers (as is possible with any CloD server) what skins are displayed are controlled server side. Translated, you can not have custom skins. But in single player you can. You'll have to find a template of the plane you want (perhaps your link above) and then bring it up in your ART program and add your name/logo and then resave it. It would have to be placed in the appropriate folder in example ---> C:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins with the aircraft designation.

Don't know if this helps but perhaps it will in a small way .... good luck
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for that site 1lokos
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

EErrrmmm, nope. Not going to get involved here. Oh crap, I just did. But anyway, why?

Seriously, why?

DSC00398_zps745c3739.jpg
    this is my paintball team

DSC00139_zpsce5ee15f.jpg
    this is a real world squatron... google Black Aces and you will see

and sw1ive is my paintball nickname.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    You simply have to input the desired name prior to downloading the skin. Personalized nose art is something else again. This could be done but would require an advanced set of skills.
    I am warrying that's true...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    Don't know if this helps but perhaps it will in a small way .... good luck
    That will be a far far far (far west) way !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Look here:

Option to include you calsign, victories and Hakenkruz.

Sokol1
    nice site thank you lokos1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

check out your computer in: my document / il-2 sturmovik cliffs nof dover - MOD / cache /

in this directory you will see more of files *.jpg

if I replaceable with a other file *.jpg from here

what can I do ???

or replace one file with a other... (check a file with yellow spittfire TAXI LOL)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

You don't need to replace them. Just add the new jpg in the same folder.

Note: Online, unless enabled by the server, no one will see your different skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

check out your computer in: my document / il-2 sturmovik cliffs nof dover - MOD / cache /

in this directory you will see more of files *.jpg

if I replaceable with a other file *.jpg from here

what can I do ???

or replace one file with a other... (check a file with yellow spittfire TAXI LOL)

Not in CAche folder, extract the downloaded skins in

...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes\Skins\(name of plane)

Select then in Plane tab before flight.

Sokol1

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    362.66 MB

Red Cloud's remarks are correct. 'Gimp" is a free package that I call a "poor man's Photoshop". Works great for editing existing skins. I've used it a lot . I have as much fun doing repaints as flying. I just joined and will set up album including repaints in a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    951.63 MB

What am I do wrong ???

at this side : http://www.cliffsofdover.fr/?recherc...rso_nom=PAPPY2
    click filter spittfire MK I
    click filter
    click foto
    Keyboards nickname
    click download

pressed left click and drag (File.jpg) in the same folder
    (...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes\Skins\spittfire MK I )

run CoD and play in a server (no ATAG server)
    Select then in Plane tab before flight

I got no paint

pressed left click and drag or extract
    how can I extract this jpg file

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It is actually quite easy to add nose art etc. but as previously mentioned, the online servers usually stop you from using your own skins so it is pretty pointless making them unless all you want to do is take pictures of yourself offline. The problem is that for everyone online to see your skin then every time someone sees it for the first time they have to automatically download your skin to their PC mid-game. If you imagine two squadrons of 6 with custom skins meeting for the first time then each pilot has to download the six enemy skins in the middle of a dogfight (assuming he has the skins for his 5 team-mates already) so that is 72 skins being downloaded at the same time which not only slows each players PCs but also slows down the server so everyone is affected.

It is a shame because I made some lovely skins for IL2-FB and also downloaded some great ones other people had made and everyone online could see them when I flew. I am not entirely sure why it was possible in IL2 but puts too much stress on the servers in CLOD. All I can think is that the higher quality graphics in CLOD already push the server and client machines to their limits and loading everyones skins as well is too much where in IL2 the game was less demanding so there was enough spare CPU and bandwidth to cope with skins being downloaded en-mass in the middle of a game.

In Sundays large Battle Of France event on the SoW server they need to put BR20s in RAF skins so are asking everyone to download the skin manually in advance so they don't need to do it when the mission starts.
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
    It is actually quite easy to add nose art etc. but as previously mentioned, the online servers usually stop you from using your own skins so it is pretty pointless making them unless all you want to do is take pictures of yourself offline. The problem is that for everyone online to see your skin then every time someone sees it for the first time they have to automatically download your skin to their PC mid-game. If you imagine two squadrons of 6 with custom skins meeting for the first time then each pilot has to download the six enemy skins in the middle of a dogfight (assuming he has the skins for his 5 team-mates already) so that is 72 skins being downloaded at the same time which not only slows each players PCs but also slows down the server so everyone is affected.

It is a shame because I made some lovely skins for IL2-FB and also downloaded some great ones other people had made and everyone online could see them when I flew. I am not entirely sure why it was possible in IL2 but puts too much stress on the servers in CLOD. All I can think is that the higher quality graphics in CLOD already push the server and client machines to their limits and loading everyones skins as well is too much where in IL2 the game was less demanding so there was enough spare CPU and bandwidth to cope with skins being downloaded en-mass in the middle of a game.

In Sundays large Battle Of France event on the SoW server they need to put BR20s in RAF skins so are asking everyone to download the skin manually in advance so they don't need to do it when the mission starts.
    Rob mate, in old IL2, everyone you flew with or against had their skins transferred to your online skins cache. It doesn't happen anymore. Some people think that skinning a BR.20 like a Wellington makes it a Wellington.....Nope.

Fly in the stock skins. What difference does it make?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

What am I do wrong ???

at this side : http://www.cliffsofdover.fr/?recherc...rso_nom=PAPPY2
    click filter spittfire MK I
    click filter
    click foto
    Keyboards nickname
    click download

pressed left click and drag (File.jpg) in the same folder
    (...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\PaintSchemes\Skins\spittfire MK I )
    It's all correctly, you dont need extract any file, this .jpg is the skin ready to use.
    Probable this server where you test dont allow use (personalized) skins (as Roblex explained above).

Test in off line mission (QM) to see:

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Rob mate, in old IL2, everyone you flew with or against had their skins transferred to your online skins cache. It doesn't happen anymore. Some people think that skinning a BR.20 like a Wellington makes it a Wellington.....Nope.

Fly in the stock skins. What difference does it make?
    If the skins were only held online then you would not see them on your PC so either you have every skin in the map downloaded to your PC when you (or later players) spawn in or you have them load as soon as you see them for the first time. You can save some load if you keep them in *offline* cache, ie on your PC, so that people using the same custom skin every day don't impact you, maybe that is what CLOD is not doing (project for TF there? )

I am not sure what you are saying about the BR20s. If a scenario needs red players to fly a bomber with more capacity than a Blenheim then the BR20 is the best of a limited choice and having made that choice you need to put it in RAF colours. I agree that, while visually a skinned BR20 looks reasonably convincing, its performance and abilities are nowhere near the same but who are are the 'some people' that believe otherwise? I don't recall anything in the SoW forums about the BR20 being the same as a Wellington so if someone said it in the ATAG forums they are probably on their own

I agree with your final statement, I am happy with the custom skins in general. With my very limited graphics I rely heavily on seeing yellow noses to avoid shooting down friendlies
    56sqn US@R - Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com/

Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) > AMD Athlon II X4 605e @ 2300MHz
    16Gb RAM > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post

This why i proposed an official skinpack released by TF where people can upload their skins as long as they are historical and then with the new TF patch you automatically download these skins and install them in your cache folder. This way skins could be selected ON in th server and people could fly without having to download skins while actually in the heat of battle with the stutters and all that comes with it...
    However my proposal didnt seem very intresting and the thread disappeared quickly..