Thread: Bf 109 E-1 Wing MG won't function in multiplayer

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.7 KB

Bf 109 E-1 Wing MG won't function in multiplayer

Hi all. Hope someone can help me figure this out. I picked the E-1 on the ATAG server and set it up, convergence, ammunition and so forth. Once in server, I tried the guns out to check the convergence and I noticed that my wings mg would not fire. I have my joystick set up to fire nose mg with the usual fire trigger on the joy stick and then a close fire button for the cannons. I assumed that all mg would fire with the trigger pull but only the nose guns fired. I tried the cannon button to see if they would fire and no joy. BTW, when flying the E-3/E-4, the button will fire the wing cannons and the trigger the nose guns. No problems with those types.

So, I got into single player and tried the E-1 again and this time, by pulling the trigger and pressing the button, all mg fired. I don't know what to do to fix this in multiplayer. Has this happened to anyone else? If so were you able to find a fix?

Any help appreciated!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.7 KB

Re: Bf 109 E-1 Wing MG won't function in multiplayer

Okay I figured out what the problem was. Noob that I am, I didn't realize that within the loading menu, you when you save a custom Weapons setting, for some reason it defaults to the Empty setting. For the overall Weapons Setting, I had to delete the saved title and then it went back to the default Weapons setting. Its working now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Glad you worked it out, Salty. Thanks for the update. I'm going to "sticky" this thread to make it a little easier to find for new players coming in to Cliffs of Dover. For sure others will run into the same problem at some point.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm sorry gents but I can't quite get Salty's fix. His cannons wouldn't fire on the Me109E1 in Multiplayer...I got it only that far. It's a problem I believe I also have cos Ive latched onto a target and blasted away with all I got but the bugger kept flying. I'm thinking my cannons didn't come into play or else the Spitty should've been dead meat.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

e1 has no cannons so u don't have the fire power, 4 mgs that's it.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Saipan,

You'll not get a bigger noob-dork mug poster on anyone's face than what I got after reading your post. Bless you, sir, and thanks for setting me right.

Aww shucks, I thought all the Messerschmitts had cannons! Dammit!

Pirabee.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

cool, e1 is pretty good though lighter and more maneuverable IMO.
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Pirabee View Post
    Saipan,

You'll not get a bigger noob-dork mug poster on anyone's face than what I got after reading your post. Bless you, sir, and thanks for setting me right.

Aww shucks, I thought all the Messerschmitts had cannons! Dammit!

Pirabee.
    Those things happen Pirabee , and you still can have good results with four mgs, here:

These tips from Ape works very well on the 109's, with a good loadout the difference is enormous! In both sides!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dear Dan,

Thanks and wilco on the load-out. It hurts to say it, but now I understand why my gunnery felt so fickle.

Pirabee.