Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convergences and Loadouts in User.in

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Convergences and Loadouts in User.in

For G50 pilots who are interested in this topic here are the numbers for the G50 ammo:

0 S, Ball
    1 Armour Piercing
    2 Tracer (Red)
    3 High Explosive
    4 Incendiary
    5 Armour Piercing/Tracer (Red)
    6 Armour Piercing/Incendiary
    7 High Explosive Incendiary/Tracer (Red)
    8 Incendiary/Tracer (Red)

Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Nov-27-2019 at 16:38.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Shouldnt the list start with 0 and count from there?

4. Likes BOO, ATAG_Noofy, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_Karaya View Post
    Shouldnt the list start with 0 and count from there?
    Ooops! Yes of course it should. Edited. Thanks for correcting me
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I have tried a few loadouts and convergences, I had some success with 200 yds with AP and De wilde. Does ball ammo add any benefit in game ? I thought 200 yds was poor when chasing target
    I'm currently trying 350 yds convergence with AP, De wilde and incendiary tracer, setting sight to 250yds.

Could use some help! what settings do you find most effective

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JackMaXX View Post
    I have tried a few loadouts and convergences, I had some success with 200 yds with AP and De wilde. Does ball ammo add any benefit in game ? I thought 200 yds was poor when chasing target
    I'm currently trying 350 yds convergence with AP, De wilde and incendiary tracer, setting sight to 250yds.

I'm going for the opposite. A shotgun spread from 150 to 180. For long-range shots, I try to approximate the lateral offset. Mostly DW , some AP

9. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Practice - i doubt id hit a barn door with any convergence these days but sticking to a single general setting and practice is a much better route than searching for the gold at the end of the rainbow.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

11. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Quote Originally Posted by BOO View Post
    Practice - i doubt id hit a barn door with any convergence these days but sticking to a single general setting and practice is a much better route than searching for the gold at the end of the rainbow.
    AH Yes, The Carnegie Hall setting, Unfortunatley I'm a lazy B and want instant results. But you're probably right BOO

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

AH Yes, The Carnegie Hall setting, Unfortunatley I'm a lazy B and want instant results. But you're probably right BOO
    Im slowly coming back to Clod. For whats its worth Im starting at (RAF wise) with thr 4 outers at 150/150M and the 4 inners at 200/200 mix of AP and DW in all. This was more or less where I ended up a couple of years ago after about 2000hr on RAF types.

Gromit and Deacon, who i both highly rate as two of the most profficient in the type when i last flew also had Ball in their loadouts. Gromits was ranged down from 150M as i recall.

ATAG-Dave had no load out - he just used the power of his mind!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

14. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.97 MB

This is useful information

Thank you

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.87 MB

Can anyone recommend a good convergence for someone just starting out, would it hurt to lengthen the distance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Use the default convergence distance when starting out. At 400 yards, your Spitfire/Hurricane guns have punishing effectiveness on enemy aircraft while still permitting you to shoot at reasonable distances. Furthermore, you will be able to keep concentrated fire on a ground target like a truck without having to get too close to the ground. (See Target Fixation)

In gaming, the downside is the inability to see incendiary hits due to the distance. You may not see 'em but they are hitting!

After you get some experience, you will want to experiment (albeit unrealistically) with different convergence distances but in real life, you get what the armorers give you. Super aces like Buerling and wing commanders with personal airplanes may ask their personal mechanics to alter the convergence, but Tyros may not!

Likewise, the average Joe could not "special order" his ammo/tracer color etc... but you can use Yellow tracer in the game to eliminate the phosphor smoke trail while first learning the game. In real life, you shot what came out of the ammo box.

In my opinion, convergence is just an excuse for poor marksmanship. Working on your basic flying, lead sighting and trigger technique is more profitable than adjusting the weapons.
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-16-2020 at 12:44.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

18. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can't find my .ini file, has this changed?
    I have a config user thing with various stuff, and I got joystick Wizzard configs, but nothing called just user.ini
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfreak View Post
    I can't find my .ini file, has this changed?
    I have a config user thing with various stuff, and I got joystick Wizzard configs, but nothing called just user.ini
    For flying online, just set your preferred settings for ammo and convergence in the game, by clicking on the aircraft and choosing loadouts (I'm sure it is explained in detail in the 'Getting started ...' manual in game).
    The game will remember your settings from then on, until you change them.

For single player you just can stick to what the mission builder did.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.65 GB

Just a heads up with a amazing video.

We have now some kind of knowledge, I'm just wondering now if it's correctly simulated in the game.

I use 190 yards for convergence, not great further than that distance, but quite devastating when in range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12