Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NewView - Look at P8 compass

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: NewView - Look at P8 compass

Hey Hurricane,

Easiest way I can help here re directions, is have a good idea which way is NSEW, not perfect just a good guess and that will do you.

When I started my directional thinking was really bad. Where I come from mate, the coast is north south. Simple as. To get me head around a coast that was pretty much East West - WT..!

It took a while, and I am still getting used to it.

Head up mate, the rewards come with perseverance, work out what you want to get out of it, what is reasonable to achieve, and aim for that. Everyone has different skills sets and an idea what makes CloD enjoyable for them.

Some like shooting at others, others like bombing, the real cool ones like bombing others that want to shoot them down. That whole concept makes me laugh, yet for those that do it, incredibly effective.

I am one of the former. I fly mostly red, but am trying to get better at blue. My goal is to get the same amount of kills on boths sides. I have a long way to go, as I am dreadful when at a disadvantage in a 109 - very little idea. That's ok, it's all about the fun and learning.

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.51 GB

Talking Re: NewView - Look at P8 compass

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Hey Hurricane,

Easiest way I can help here re directions, is have a good idea which way is NSEW, not perfect just a good guess and that will do you.

When I started my directional thinking was really bad. Where I come from mate, the coast is north south. Simple as. To get me head around a coast that was pretty much East West - WT..!

It took a while, and I am still getting used to it.

Head up mate, the rewards come with perseverance, work out what you want to get out of it, what is reasonable to achieve, and aim for that. Everyone has different skills sets and an idea what makes CloD enjoyable for them.

Some like shooting at others, others like bombing, the real cool ones like bombing others that want to shoot them down. That whole concept makes me laugh, yet for those that do it, incredibly effective.

I am one of the former. I fly mostly red, but am trying to get better at blue. My goal is to get the same amount of kills on boths sides. I have a long way to go, as I am dreadful when at a disadvantage in a 109 - very little idea. That's ok, it's all about the fun and learning.

Pattle
    Hi Pattle,

i am fine with your general NSEW points thank you buddy. What i don't get is all this having to calculate that magnetic north is something but true north is something else.

Then you have to add 10 degrees when setting up your course after fiddling with the P8 compass, which as you probably know the Hurricane doesn't have anyway.

So in the Hurricane, you set the gyro, but after turning and climbing\diving it is useless anyway.

I switched to flying the Blenheim for a week, so i could ignore trying to catch up with the dogfighting, which always seems to be over by the time i get there.

Just concentrate on trying to get to a target, bomb it and try and get home. WOW is that hard work, with all the info on how to high level bomb with accuracy, on top of the direction finding.

Please don't get me wrong i am not complaining, i fly around day after day on my own on the Allied & Axis server.

Just don't ask me to do anything meaningful in the mission.

Massive respect and admiration to the boys that did this for real from 1939 onwards.

I tried the 109 Pattel, heck what a beast. Worse than the Hurri and the Spit on the ground, i never even got to take off. LOL

EDIT: Just been looking at Chuck's superb guide to CLOD, manual. Talking out of my rear end again. The Hurri does have a P8 compass, but i can honestly say i have never noticed it in the actual cockpit.

Best regards buddy,
    Mike.
    Last edited by Hurricane; Mar-18-2017 at 08:07.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Have to admit to not reading much of this thread at all, and i know this is a pretty lame suggestion, but I'll give it anyway.

Prior to take off i look at the sun, and see where it is in the sky. It's usually close to dead east, but can vary by probably 20 degrees in each direction on different maps because of the time of day, and probably changes depending on how long you have been flying.

I use that as a rough guide to find my way around, as well as, of course, glancing at my compass. Over time i have found that i can get fairly close to the direction (+/_ 10 degrees maybe?) i want to go by knowing where the sun is.
    It probably helps that i was a Canada Goose in my last lifetime.......

canada_goose_1.jpg

(Disclaimer: I don't claim this to be an actual photo of me, but i think it might be)

I don't bother with the gyro at all because it goes out of whack so easily.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

4. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Hi,
    I have done exactly as in the ReadMe but I still get "Add .DDL to Registry" as greyed out!

What am I doing wrong?
    Many thanks if you can help!
    SD_MBen
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    660.92 MB

New View uses a 32 bit DLL, while the game itself now being 64 bit. NewView is curently not compatible, but some community members contacted the coder and it may be reworked.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...hlight=newview

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

Quote Originally Posted by rel4y View Post
    New View uses a 32 bit DLL, while the game itself now being 64 bit. NewView is curently not compatible, but some community members contacted the coder and it may be reworked.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...hlight=newview
    Sorry I should have said, I am running 4.312!
    Ben
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

NewView work OK in 4.312 - I check at few days ago.*

If "Add DLL to register" is grayed out generally is because this was already done, or maybe the NPClient.DLL is not in NewView folder.

EDIT

FYI - NewView don't work with BLITZ (4.50), because is an 32 bits software.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jan-10-2018 at 22:19.

10. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    NewView work OK in 4.312 - I check at few days ago.*

If "Add DLL to register" is grayed out generally is because this was already done, or maybe the NPClient.DLL is not in NewView folder.

EDIT

FYI - NewView don't work with BLITZ (4.50), because is an 32 bits software.
    Bummer, than how do I get a look at the compass? My trackhat is not yet there so I'm stuck with my T.16000M and keyboard for now.
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Try with Joy2Key (or Xpadder), is possible create a cumbersome "compass view" on joy button combining default "snap view" + camera FOV - work OK for Spit, not so much for Hurri (this plane require a "snap view" for different coordinates what is possible only with NewView).

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=26076

13. Likes Tumbler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    97.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Try with Joy2Key (or Xpadder), is possible create a cumbersome "compass view" on joy button combining default "snap view" + camera FOV - work OK for Spit, not so much for Hurri (this plane require a "snap view" for different coordinates what is possible only with NewView).

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=26076
    Thanks for the quick reply, it kinda works. Although bringing my compass into view (holding scroll wheel, right button and moving around a bit) is not really easy.

Edit: found the reset view buttons as well after I completely messed up my views , numpad 5 and /
    Last edited by Tumbler; Jan-14-2018 at 09:38. Reason: read the manual again
    Newbie CloD 4.53 pilot, all advice welcome!

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, i5 7600k@4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4@2133, MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Throttle Rhino, Baur BRD-MS3 pedals, TrackIR5

15. Likes Stormrider liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Hello everybody,
    Is it still possible to download NewView 3.7 somewhere?
    The link from the first page doesn't work. And I can't find it on the net.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Hobomaniac

With upgrade of CloD engine for 64 bits (4.50 "Blitz" patch) NewView - a 32 bits software, is no longer compatible.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Yes I know, but I'm still on 4.312 as I play Single Player a lot.
    I try to finish my disastersoft campaigns as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Do the disaster soft campaigns not work with 4.53? I know it solved alot of AI crashing on takeoff and landing..which would be beneficial in SP I would think..haha
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Do the disaster soft campaigns not work with 4.53? I know it solved alot of AI crashing on takeoff and landing..which would be beneficial in SP I would think..haha

No they do not.As far as I can tell they are not ( nor will they be,) compatible with the new upgrade(s.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    4.53 don't change AI routines for take-off and landings. An workaround lowering iddle RPM was used for avoid that planes like Blenheim AI overun runway when landing.

Hobomaniac

In Hruks (NewView autor) DropBox still available some versions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tovv0cunv...Tb8cwyAma?dl=0

The last I use is 3.7m plus fix 1 and 2.

DIT - FYI: Desastersoft campaigns is combabible with 4.53 - but require a fix (for Desastersoft DLL) available here in ATAG.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Jul-11-2018 at 17:57.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123