Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NewView - Look at P8 compass

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

NewView - Look at P8 compass

Instant view of Spitfire P-8 compass - be pressing a key/button by "non HeadTracker", POV HAT only users- like:

2qatpmw.jpg

Small video in Spitfire: http://youtu.be/d-hOIRr4_n8
    Same in Blenheim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z626l...ature=youtu.be

EDIT - Since ImageShack "lost" the pictures of original topic I did a new instructions - but this end a little long, thus the instructions are in PDF format inside the "CloD settings" download file.

Download NewView37x - http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/3...a/#entry322946

Download "Clod settings" - .INI files and PDF instructions - file in .ZIP format:

NewView_CloD_settings.zip

The file have a pre-configured UView (User defined View), making easy test NewView (powerful but confuse do set).

In this configuration the "E" key change the actual camera position inside cockpit for a position over Spit P-8, most close possible (FOV 30) - like in above picture.
    To leave this position press "joy button 3" and the camera position return for default front view.

"E" and joy "button 3" can be easily changed - explained in the PDF - or the look at P-8 instead fixed can be momentarily - "Glance at P-8".

Hurricane and Blenheim need different UView, as this is cockpit coordinates dependent, explained how do a new UView.

Additional bonus, the translation effect in HAT panning:

EDIT (17-12-2017) - As NewView is 32 bits software don't work with CLoD BLITZ - 64 bits.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-17-2017 at 14:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Re: NewView - Look at P8 compass

Wow - Great tutorial!

Stickied!

Thanks 1lokos

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Sokol.

I've gone through the setup for the spit. The Add dll to registry button remained greyed out? but everything else seemed to go fine.

Do I have to run newview in the background while running the game or move the CLoD ini file to my CLoD install directory. As the buttons are not functioning in game (I have made sure they are not already assigned in game).

Cheers

GW
    Last edited by Greywing; Aug-22-2013 at 19:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

For fast reference, the outside scale is your actual heading - if N are in North (360).

Example: you look at P-8, the + needle point to 140 - you are flying in HDG 220.

Sokol1

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Example: you look at P-8, the + needle point to 140 - you are flying in HDG 220.

Sokol1
    Why is that so? What do you mean?

Is it like: 140 + 90 - 10 (magnetic declination)?

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Do I really need that Enable Logging ticked? I don't need the log file, so unless NewView needs it I'd better turn it off.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Do I really need that Enable Logging ticked? I don't need the log file, so unless NewView needs it I'd better turn it off.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.
    Ok, it's for creating new view keys, so it's not needed for flying.

Great, it's a powerful tool, but can be very useful.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

isnt the offset 20 degrees or 10 degrees? i forget....
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The log.txt is just for get coordinates need to create a specific UserView, after this can be disabled.

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Why is that so? What do you mean?

Is it like: 140 + 90 - 10 (magnetic declination)?
    No, is not related with declination (~10º in summer of 1940).

For some reason (?) the HDG that P-8 needle point is mirror of real one.

Example, you look at needle + and this point to left, if your Course Setter scale are fix in North, the reading is 260 degrees.
    But this is not your real HDG, is need rotate Course Setter until N coincide with needle + to get the real value, in this case is 100º.

The above drawing is a way to fast reading the P-8 without align the Course Setter N with needle + and dont need use DG.

In the above example, the needle + point to 260 - pre-condition is Course Setter aligned with 360 (N) - what you read in drawing external scale?

100º

This useful for one that fly in fighters, on small area map used in "online battles" is more than sufficient to orientate.
    Is not very precise because the parallax error when look at needle + due cockpit 6DOF restriction, you are not able to
    look straight from above on P-8.
    Probable get a 3/4º error on reading, but since you always with good visibility - clouds are limited to CloD visible "bubble" -
    you dont get lost (i think ).

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-29-2013 at 18:00.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Example, you look at needle + and this point to left, if your Course Setter scale are fix in North, the reading is 260 degrees.
    But this is not your real HDG, is need rotate Course Setter until N coincide with needle + to get the real value, in this case is 100º.

The above drawing is a way to fast reading the P-8 without align the Course Setter N with needle + and dont need use DG.

In the above example, the needle + point to 260 - pre-condition is Course Setter aligned with 360 (N) - what you read in drawing external scale?

100º

This useful for one that fly in fighters, on small area map used in "online battles" is more than sufficient to orientate.
    Is not very precise because the parallax error when look at needle + due cockpit 6DOF restriction, you are not able to
    look straight from above on P-8.
    Probable get a 3/4º error on reading, but since you always with good visibility - clouds are limited to CloD visible "bubble" -
    you dont get lost (i think ).

Sokol1
    Thanks, Sokol, I'll need some time to take that in.

Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

So, do I get it right: the needle with the + always points to then North, but if I want to use the setter I should match 180 against the +?

Sorry, I'm lost here.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Yes, the needle + always point magnetic North.

If you plane are aligned with North, the needle+ point to plane nose.

The Course Setter can be used as... "course setter" , e.g. if you want set
    a 90º course, rotate then until N are pointed for right (the HUD inform 90º). *

Fly the plane until the needle + point for N.

Or, use as I suggested, the Course Setter as scale for compass, leaving N pointed to plane nose (HUD inform 0º).
    In this case, the scale are mirrored, you are flying in HDG 90º when needle + point to left (270 on Course Setter).

The "Rule of the Tumb" is: The actual heading is 360 minus the value indicated by needle +.

360 - 270 = 90º

The drawing is just to avoid maths.

*This procedure is need to calibrate the DG (Directional Giro), that is need always after you make G maneuvers.

Here are better explained: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...51&postcount=4

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-29-2013 at 19:16.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Yes, the needle + always point magnetic North.

If you plane are aligned with North, the needle+ point to plane nose.

The Course Setter can be used as... "course setter" , e.g. if you want set
    a 90º course, rotate then until N are pointed for right (the HUD inform 90º). *

Fly the plane until the needle + point for N.

Or, use as I suggested, the Course Setter as scale for compass, leaving N pointed to plane nose (HUD inform 0º).
    In this case, the scale are mirrored, you are flying in HDG 90º when needle + point to left (270 on Course Setter).

The "Rule of the Tumb" is: The actual heading is 360 minus the value indicated by needle +.

360 - 270 = 90º

The drawing is just to avoid maths.

*This procedure is need to calibrate the DG (Directional Giro), that is need always after you make G maneuvers.

Here are better explained: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...51&postcount=4

Sokol1
    Sokol, I got it finally, it's easier this way indeed (using 'mirroring' method) for cardinal orientation.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Sokol, would you please help me to set up custom "Compass" view in NewView as per above but in a "toggle" way. What I mean is that now I have to push and hold Delete key or any other, that I've assigned for that, which is not very convenient sometimes. Instead I'd rather press and release the key one time to have a fixed view of the Compass, then press the same key (or maybe other if needed) again and have my POV return to the default position. The timings may be important here to adjust to the input from the joystick. If two keys are needed no problem, I can program my joystick's button to send different outputs on each press. I think many can benefit from this way of "Compass" view toggle. Will also be helpful for understanding how NewView assignments work.

Much thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

To make it clear there's no aberration, it's pure geometry.

Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Sabrefly,

I am not able to set a "instant" view with one key.
    I dont find how active a Uview and go back to previous view...

The way I find is create a "default" UView, e.g. look front with FOV 70, assign to a key, e.g. Home
    Create a UView to look at Spit P8, assign a key, e.g. Insert.

Use a HAT (or buttons or even another key) to press Insert and Home.

This are posted in Sukhoi, is about look at gunsight, but for P-8 is the same - it's a Google Translation, so confuse, but give you a idea.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-30-2013 at 12:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

More related (Google Translator)

A small example of setting a fixed look through gunsight, the example 109E:
    [Do not forget after every adjustment to click "Apply"]

1. "Buttons" -> "Assignments" -> "Centering" [clear all items (major release Shift)] -> "User defined views ->" UView1 "-> set a joystick button, we want to center the view through sight.

2. "View Movements buttons" -> "Camera roll and translation (6DOF)" -> "Translation (Camera position" -> Assign a numeric keypad on the items "Right" / "Left" / "Forward" / "Back "(I later added the" Up "/" Down ").

3. "Aditional Settings" -> "UView coordinates" -> Select the number 1 -> Activate the checkbox 6DOF -> "hit 6DOF Setup" -> Enable all checkboxes -> Mode "Lost" (???) on everything.

4. We go in CloD -> check the flight Shift (there should be no displacement chamber - before clearing in claim 1 Shift was "Devices and return ...").

5. Keypad displace viewpoint forward and to the right (kind of easy through the scope).

6. Press Ctrl + Shift +1 (thereby we record the current position of the POV*. Ini NewView to position UView1)

7. Profit! Wherever we twirled then its head - press of claim 1 return is in sight position saved in step 6.

8. You can also write to the following UView any camera position (look for bronespinku / compass / clock, etc.) and hang them on the other keyboard or Joey.
    Ctrl + Shift +1 ... 9 - recorded in camera coordinates ini file numbered UView1 ...
    9. (Do not forget to activate only on the necessary 6DOF UView).

So is it possible to adjust to the New View "look" for bronespinku ?
    Fits 109, sleeps and pieces.

In others I have not yet sat.

This is if you fly with TrackIR and hat free.

If one use hat - try to hang on these two types of combination with the Shift + click on the joystick HAT right / left.
    In the setting of "6DOF Setup" checkbox to remove the Y-axis in the first section (Rotation (Camera direction)) - at the sight of 6 remains the possibility to look up (who wants to - and that down)
    Sokol1

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Sokol, using 2 keys is not a problem, I don't mind using 2 as you mentioned. But I want the second key work as a toggle. Like, now you need to push and HOLD Delete KEY to see the Compass. Is it possible through NewView settings to just push and release Delete instead? Then to push another key and POV would return to the default position? There must be a way. If you don't know how, do you think Hruks can help in this?

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

But I want the second key work as a toggle. Like, now you need to push and HOLD Delete KEY to see the Compass.
    I dont know why... but here this thing dont need hold the key to see the compass.

Work this way:

I press (and release) the key - Numpad 0 - for look at compass, the camera move for P-8 and stay there!

To look front again I need use a button on joystick, set in NewView to "Return to center slowly" and in CloD GUI to adjust FOV in 70º.

I remember that once worked as you describe, holding a key...but now I can not do it again...

Sokol1

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Meanwhile a setting for:

Turn Gunsight Illumination ON and set Gunsight Range in 250 feet.
    Turn Gunsight Illumination OFF and reset Gunsight Range to 400 feet (default setting).

Edit-Two press are not necessary.

Works like a charm.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-30-2013 at 19:24.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Nice!

Sabrefly.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Click in the first (left) box "?" and in the new window select "Activation" press "Scan Key" and press the SAME key or button set for the above created UView (2).
    Hit Apply and close NewView, confirm save changes.

In game when you hit the key/button set for Uview (2) the camera move to P-8 at FOV 90 (the nearest).
    To look front again hit the key/button set for Uview (1).
    This is done with FOV 90 - but you can set for other preferred FOV (30, 70) with another "Button generator" for FOV 30 or 70, as explained above for FOV 90.
    1Lokos,

There is 500 msec delay in the screenshot above. Is this the time that your view stays glued to the Compass?

Now it works here as follows: I press and release Key Ins (0) on the numpad, my POV goes over the Compass and stays there for some short time, unfortunately too short for me. Is there a way to extend the time to, say, 5 seconds? I tried to play with the above delay, but I don't feel it really works over 1-2 seconds or so no matter what I enter in there.

Also can you comment on the following options:

Generator two press
    Start stop
    Stay pressed.

I've tried "Stay pressed" and I like it in principle, I think it's what I really want, i.e. to be able to look at the Compass as long as I want to without automatic return to the default position. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to undo this mode with another key (or perhaps the same key toggle).

1Lokos, when you have time could you try this mode and see if you can find a way to undo it (it stays glued over the Compass!). I'd really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.
    Last edited by Sabrefly; Nov-02-2013 at 06:31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

There is 500 msec delay in the screenshot above. Is this the time that your view stays glued to the Compass?
    I dont notice this delay before - probable are from another set tested in this UView. I change to 0 and dont make difference.

my POV goes over the Compass and stays there for some short time, unfortunately too short for me.

Also can you comment on the following options:

Generator two press
    Start stop
    Stay pressed.

I've tried "Stay pressed" and I like it in principle, I think it's what I really want, i.e. to be able to look at the Compass as long as I want to without automatic return to the default position. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to undo this mode with another key (or perhaps the same key toggle).
    Well, I really dont understand NewView options - I think that this GUI translation are done by someone that dont know English (remember-me CloD GUI ).
    I try use these example in Sukhoi forum, and what I achieve is more by "accident".

...to undo it (it stays glued over the Compass!). I'd really appreciate your help with this.
    To undo POV - look front after look at compass - first, as in OP, I use another UView, but find that using a button for "Center View Slowly (Press Once)" do this. EDIT - I dont notice that this button for "Center View Slowly" are set to active the "default" UView too, so this UView is need to look front again.

Pressing Numpad 0 or Insert move the camera for P8 and "glue" there, pressing button 3 on Joystick move camera to front (under POV 70, set on CloD GUI for the same button 3).

I tick this "Instantly" box on "Setup 6DOF UView" - Rotation (Camera direction) - but again dont see difference, the camera still change for P-8 and "glue" there.

Send your Newview conf.ini to anonfiles.com or similar, I test here.

EDIT - A point to note, I dont use TrackIR (I dont get used) or Freetrack, maybe this is the cause for different results. Case use is need assigns in "Helmet".

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Nov-02-2013 at 20:35.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Inspired by this video:

Set Newview 'Button Generator' for, at each press drop Bf109 flaps ~2º,
    or ~1/4 of turn, like the guy show in above video.

In fact , in video he do 22 "pulls", but I set for 20, so:

5 pulls= 10º
    10 pulls= 20º
    15 pulls= 30º
    20 pulls= 40º

You can't press fast five times an forget, need press and wait ~2s to "pull again", etc.
    The objective is mimic the system (anyway the actual press and hold ~20 seconds is boring and you dont know much flaps are drop - in TT 4.0 the marks on flap is not visible from cockpit, due "shine"/skins)
    and not cheat the system (possible with HOTAS software, for example one press drop to 10º, other to 20º, etc).

Alt+V active the"Button Generator" that press and hold F key for ~2s.

This 1120 value is not possible to set in Newview GUI - only up to 999 isregistered - is need edit IL-2 Sturmovik_ Cliffs of Dover_1.INI in NewView folder.

To raise use the same process (set another 'button generator' in similar way), or hold F.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Dec-02-2013 at 13:23.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Thanks for sharing your knowledge 1lokos.

I wanted to set up a compass view for the Blenheim, which would be really helpful.

I managed to follow your excellent instructions but NewView seems to conflict with something and I can't launch the game with it running. I don't use Sweetfx and have disabled MSI Afterburner Overlay but it still won't run.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

NewView use (TrackIR) NPClient.dll, is a "TrackIR" on HAT, perhaps this is the issue if you use TrackIR, last versions of this use a encrypted .dll due Freetrack.

In NewView are a tab to set TrackIR (or Freetrack) - NewView developer say that have advantages in use both together ... but he drop support for this in CloD, with the official CloD "dead" (by 1C)...

BTW - If you sort this, a additional tip: set the same key used in NewView for look at Blenheim P-8 compass to set FOV on 30 degrees (in Camera, - use New, e.g. I use PagUp), so when you hit this key the POV move to compass with more closure possible.

Since CloD controls allow make various copy of same command you can do this for each key set for UView for planes too, the same UView used for Hurri P-8 is good for Spit (inverse no).

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-07-2014 at 17:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

I really want to use this to set a quickview for the temperature gauge. I made it work for the most part but there are 2 problems:

1.) NewView takes over FacetrackNoIR and changes my curves, which are off by a large margin. So for instance I can't look as far back as I'm able with FTNoIR

2.) I expected it to work similarly to the glance at dashboard button but it sort of sticks there for a second, which is too long for me)

Does anybody have any insights/ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

1 - Maybe you can adjust curves inside NewView on tab "HeadTracking" - select TrackIR/Freetrack.
    I can't help with this because I am a "headtrack allergic" - have a TrackIR4 on drawer at ~6 years - Every time I try to use, I feel urge to break it... )

2 -I have a "glance at P-8" just setting a UView coordinates values and assign a key (#5 on keypad) for this in the box with a "?" in Uview Coordinates.
    So press and hold #5 I look at P-8, and releasing the camera go back to front view.

If you want a "toggle" command is necessary set a button/key on "Buttons > Keymapper" for this Uview.

But, I dont find advantage in use cockpit 6DOF to look at (Spit) temps instruments, you don't get a better vision than using "Glance at Dashboard", only maybe with more ZOOM.
    You can test this adjusting the 6DOF with mouse (press and hold mouse middle and right button and mouse mouse).

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Apr-21-2014 at 13:49.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Bump - has anyone been able to make this work alongside trackir/ftnoir? I got some results yesterday but it all stopped working when I started ftnoir and restarted the game.

Can somebody also explain if i got this right: once you run the initial config along with cliffs, you then exit newview and anytime you start Clod newview will activate because of NPClient.dll ? If you change settings, you need to restart clod for those to take effect...? Am I right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast