Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P-51D dogfighting night with IAF & Anon6

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

P-51D dogfighting night with IAF & Anon6

Hi everyone,

I'd like to invite the ATAG community to join our collaberation with Anon6.
    We are opening a weekly dogfighting night.

Communities attending -
    IAF - Israeli Community, hosting the event.
    Anon6 - Anon6 tactical group play, managing the event.

Every Friday, at 13:00 PST (GMT -7).

You can either Subscribe here or preferbly register with the Anon6 website and select attending on the Dogfight Friday event - http://anon6.com/events#op=detail/pr...amp=1378497600

See you guys up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: P-51D dogfighting night with IAF & Anon6

Reminder - P-51D dogfight night with IAF and Anon6 is starting now.

Server - DCS Israel.
    Teamspeak - Anon6 TS (Anon6 homepage - http://anon6.com/)

Everyone is welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

REMINDER -
    P-51D Dogfight night tonight (20/09/13)
    Meeting in the Anon6 TS Server - DCS-ARMA3.anon6.com

Server name: DCS Israel.
    Start time: 23:00 CEST/13:00 PST.
    End time: When the fat lady sings?

Everyone is welcome.
    To get the password to the server -
    1. Join the TS to get the password to the server
    2. PM me in this forum with the reason you are not entering the TS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

I'll be there. I learned more in 20 minutes about flying the A10 with these guys than I did in 3 years by myself. If anyone has the P51 and even if you don't have the 1st clue how to fly it, these guys will get you spun up in no time.

Not it to mention they just flat out have a good time. I suggest those who can make it to give it a try.

Who else is gonna try tonight?

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

I am really hoping to be there tonight. Real Life has been kicking my ass for the last bit but I think I have some time free finally
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Dutch

Would love to give this a whirl tonight. So (here we go), that's 8pm GMT, so 9pm BST. I think.....is it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Yup.

Get your gunsights shiny and your triggers oiled
    I'm sure we will even start a little early, so anyone who has some more time earlier can join in the Anon6 TS and join us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    Would love to give this a whirl tonight. So (here we go), that's 8pm GMT, so 9pm BST. I think.....is it??
    That makes it 4 PM EDT (Toronto time). OK, I've got some serious HOTAS mapping to do, and maybe even a bit of flying!

I wish I could key map "on the fly" rather than having to constantly exit and re-enter. Although, if I use TARGET with my Warthog HOTAS, maybe I can simply pause the sim and ALT TAB back and forth. Hmmmm.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How long does the event last? I got school for another two hours after the event starts, so I doubt I will be able to attend unless you guys are there till later in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    That makes it 4 PM EDT (Toronto time). OK, I've got some serious HOTAS mapping to do, and maybe even a bit of flying!

I wish I could key map "on the fly" rather than having to constantly exit and re-enter. Although, if I use TARGET with my Warthog HOTAS, maybe I can simply pause the sim and ALT TAB back and forth. Hmmmm.
    It's a challenge Snapper!
    Not because of the different keymaps, but because of the different things to do esp. on startup.

Once started, I have a blast, especially takeoff and landing.

I haven't tried it in combat yet but once I become familiar with it I surely will.

Cats . . .

Veteran Combat pilot No.54 Ghost (KL-G)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

what version will you be running?

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    what version will you be running?
    I believe it will be 1.2.5. Too many probs with 1.2.6

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Just completed registry at Anon6 and still trying to get TS working. I just hope to be able to maybe fly a circuit or two and get a feel for what's happening. Made a couple of decent landings today in the P-51 but regarding dogfighting - respawn button will be my friend lol.

A10 Warthog will be wheeled into the barn this week for sure.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Dutch

I believe it will be 1.2.5. Too many probs with 1.2.6
    I was wrong. They're running latest version 1.2.6. But apparently there are lots of problems if you simply upgrade. Anon6 recommend a full clean install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Well, got on TS no problem.

The DCS multiplayer GUI had me scratching my head. The fellas on TS were quite busy in gameplay, so after receiving a couple of cryptic half-sentences I felt it wasn't fair to interrupt the proceedings. Another time, perhaps.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Dutch

The annoying part was that this afternoon, I downgraded to 1.2.5 especially for this evening's event, and then was told it was 1.2.6 after all. That's the last time I listen to a certain Mr. Bliss.

BTW Snapper, just double click on your desktop multiplayer icon, then scroll down to DCS Israel, double click on that, enter password and press 'ok'. S'easy enough. If you have the correct game version that is. I'm going to try to get 1.2.6 back before they call it a day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

The annoying part was that this afternoon, I downgraded to 1.2.5 especially for this evening's event, and then was told it was 1.2.6 after all....
    lol. I was reading this thread, thinking "great! I can get some good pointers with the 'stang here" then saw the thing about 1.2.5...I'm on 1.2.6 and decided maybe some other time then..oh well...someday

Dutch

While we're on the subject of P-51 dogfighting, I have a question about guns and gunsights. This is prob covered somewhere at ED's forum, but I couldn't find any reference to it.

The thing is, the gyro gunsight is great for deflection shooting and judging the amount of lead required, but a) What is the default convergence range, and b) how do you know when you're at optimum range?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oh sorry guys, I didn't see your messages about the version, I've been publishing this on several different forums, forgot to add the version here :/
    Snapper, I see you managed to enter and as I can hear you are having a good time

We are still flying, but if anyone missed this session for tonight, there's always going to be next week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Just getting off work, so I'll be joining the late night, Jack Daniels, drink till the sun comes up crew.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

While we're on the subject of P-51 dogfighting, I have a question about guns and gunsights. This is prob covered somewhere at ED's forum, but I couldn't find any reference to it.

The thing is, the gyro gunsight is great for deflection shooting and judging the amount of lead required, but a) What is the default convergence range, and b) how do you know when you're at optimum range?
    The convergence is set at 1000 feet in the Mustang. As for range, you need to constantly be adjusting it by using your sights, it is all described in the manual and I think it's best if you refer to the appropriate section, I don't think I can describe it better than there. I hope this helps

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by PFT_Endy View Post
    it is all described in the manual and I think it's best if you refer to the appropriate section,
    In other words, RTFM!! Thanks mate, I'll look for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Xcom View Post
    Oh sorry guys, I didn't see your messages about the version, I've been publishing this on several different forums, forgot to add the version here :/
    Snapper, I see you managed to enter and as I can hear you are having a good time

We are still flying, but if anyone missed this session for tonight, there's always going to be next week!
    Yes, I had a blast, Xcom!

My problem was a silly one: awhile back I had registered at the DCS website under my old Air Warrior handle. More recently I registered at the DCS Forum as ATAG_Snapper and a different password -- which I use to log in to the DCS Forum regularly. I was stymied at logging into DCS multiplayer at first because I was incorrectly trying to use the DCS Forum name & password. Simple problem, simple solution, took me only a coupla hours to make the breakthrough!

The very first thing I did was jump on the runway and promptly run head on into Headshot! Fortunately he took my goof up in good humour as we both left the burning P51 carcasses littering the runway and trudged back to the flight line to grab a fresh pair of ponies! LOL

I was machine gun fodder for the opposing Forces of Evil aka the Red Team as my head was either buried in the cockpit or I was doing evasive snap rolls at ten feet of altitude into the terrain. But I'll be back to wreak my revenge!

Dutch

But I'll be back to wreak my revenge!

I found it pretty difficult to remember all the things I do offline as a matter of course, but maybe that was the beer . Just taking off was a nightmare online with 'Oops - forgot the rudder trim!'............. 'Ooops - forgot the tailwheel lock!!'........ 'Ooops - forgot to limit it to 50boost!!!'

It wasn't too bad once I'd got up in the air, but I need to learn how to go above the green sections on the mp and rpm gauges without blowing the motor. Plus, by the time I'd updated to 1.2.6, most of the action was over. Better luck next time!

I also made the best landing I've ever made so far in the final sortie. I just sorta forgot it was a P-51 and did what I do landing a Spit in Cliffs, apart from keeping approach speed at 120 until the flare. Even side slipped her in on final. Creamer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How is visibility when you are playing online ?

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
    Kind of like Clod! FoV changing is easier and smoother, though, and there is not a special range at which aircraft disappear. Still, spotting a long range contact is very, very difficult. It is also pretty easy to lose a short range contact in the ground clutter if separation increases to 1000m or so.

There is an icon mod that changes the icon into a dot on the aircraft at long range, but there is no way to enforce its use. So, the "full-real" (whatever that means) servers mostly use an icon-off environment.

------------

A bunch of us are still using 1.2.5 because of all the bugs introduced with 1.2.6, so we cannot join these dogfights sessions yet. For example, Merlin's WW2 server still uses 1.2.5.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by AKA_Recon View Post
    Lets just say cod is not the only sim with LOD issues. Actually it's not that bad, just a little different and feels to me like the contacts were quite close before I saw them well. You really need to keep an eye on them once located. More time in it will certainly help me.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed the event, be sure this event is going to be done weekly and hopefully we will improve the mission with more surprises each week.
    IAF & Anon6s primer objective in these events is team work and fun, with this in mind, we are trying to find the best ways to get each team to work together and less as an individual expirience.
    Looking ahead, we are working on adding airfield capture and hold objectives to make it more interesting competative team wise, stay tuned for updates

Regarding the visibility issues, Kelju_K has been working with the SweetFX injectors to improve visibility, as gavagai pointed out, there is no option to enforce label mods in DCS multiplayer at the moment so thats out of the question.
    Kelju_Ks SweetFX improvments -
    http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/1380467...jector-for-dcs

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Really? Another forum registration just to see the link?

Another place to view it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Yes, I had a blast, Xcom!

My problem was a silly one: awhile back I had registered at the DCS website under my old Air Warrior handle. More recently I registered at the DCS Forum as ATAG_Snapper and a different password -- which I use to log in to the DCS Forum regularly. I was stymied at logging into DCS multiplayer at first because I was incorrectly trying to use the DCS Forum name & password. Simple problem, simple solution, took me only a coupla hours to make the breakthrough!

The very first thing I did was jump on the runway and promptly run head on into Headshot! Fortunately he took my goof up in good humour as we both left the burning P51 carcasses littering the runway and trudged back to the flight line to grab a fresh pair of ponies! LOL

I was machine gun fodder for the opposing Forces of Evil aka the Red Team as my head was either buried in the cockpit or I was doing evasive snap rolls at ten feet of altitude into the terrain. But I'll be back to wreak my revenge!

I was smirking and giggling to myself all night as I was out with the wife and she was wondering what was going on. When she found out it was because I got rammed on the runway she looked confused but just the way it happened was hilarious.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast