Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: DCS WW2 Kickstarter is live

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: DCS WW2 Kickstarter is live

Some one posted a link to this thread on the BOS forums and already there are a few guys pledging because of the pictures.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Well, they suckered me in for more. I pledged $50 the first day of Kickstarter...then upgraded to $60 to get ALPHA access when that was unveiled...now I just upgraded to $100 so I can get ALPHA access, FW-190 and a manual....or something like that....I agree it is ALL a bit confusing!

God dammit.....I am going to hear it from the wifey when the credit card bill comes!!!
    Last edited by Marmus; Oct-04-2013 at 14:23.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Apologize all.... sorry by my error

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
    Feel proud that your "error" encouraged a few guys to pledge and a lot more others to up their pledge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Those new 109 pit pics in their mail look like my home for the next few years to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

I liked your error very much

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...4/posts/619741
    We did it! Thank you backers! The Kickstarter Campaign is a success!
    What a wonderful Saturday morning! We really pulled through in the last couple of days and we did absolutely awesome!

Current total:

Kickstarter: $158,897

PayPal: $5,436.39

GRAND TOTAL: $164,333.39

We'll be shutting down the paypal page in a few minutes to coincide with the end of the kickstarter campaign.

Please watch my celebratory video that talks about what happens next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFoBYmDegsE

Quick summary:

1. Your rewards. I have to tally all Kickstarter and PayPal backers into a single database. Then we have to create a web interface for you to access backer-only content. Kickstarter by itself is no good since it leaves all PayPal backers out. There will also need to be an interface for your reward management.

It's a bit of a project, so we probably won't have it ready for a little while.

In the meantime, the only reward that can go out right away is the DCS World P-51.

If you have selected a reward tier that specifically lists the P-51, you'll be receiving your product keys via email next week.

Otherwise, the process will be completely manual for now. I'll do a backer-only update in a little while that describes this process in more detail.

2. We'll keep on working on the project as previously scheduled. We are adding the Me.262 cockpit to our task list. It'll be done by the same wonderful duo of German cockpit experts that built the FW.190D-9 and Bf.109K cockpits.

3. We will be posting regular backer-only, and slightly less regular open development updates. We'll keep you updated on our aircraft and landscape.

4. The landscape SDK! We can start a dialogue even before the SDK itself is available. Obviously, the most ideal situation that I see is that the community forms a core group of landscape designers that will, with developer support, create more landscapes for Europe 1944. Again, please stand by for a separate more detailed discussion on this.

5. The main priority for the team however is delivering a good game to backers with the features we've listed. We will work very hard to have our alpha available next year. Once that's out, we will most likely open another campaign either on kickstarter or on our own site for more additions to DCS WWII: Europe 1944. I know that a lot of people really want the flyable B-17. I think it's the most logical next step for this product, but of course we have plenty of time for discussions.

We will definitely discuss every single aspect of any future campaign with our backers before launching it.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

DCS: WW2

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...4/posts/619858
    Update #16 Oct 5, 2013
    Landscape Development Update - October 5, 2013
    29 comments Unlike 36 likes
    Hello everyone,

Here's where we are with Normandy. We haven't made any drastic changes this week, it's just progressing along the same lines. We're playing a bit with the landscape mesh and adding lots of small details such as brooks, little bridges, and so on. Also playing a bit with colors, as you'll probably notice, and adding some detail to landscape textures.

We're also working on something really cool which, to my knowledge, has never been done before in a flight sim.

The terrain can have multiple, potentially limitless, number of states that define virtually everything. What does that mean? It means we can have the early 1944 Normandy with Pointe du Hoc still intact. We can have the D-Day Normandy with bomb craters all over the coast, floodgates open, and some of the landing areas flooded. We can have the post-invasion Normandy with flooding receded and lots of new Allied airfields.

That's what we're working on right now. And actually, here comes out first request. We know what was flooded by the Germans for the invasion. However, we can't find any references on how it was dealt with. Can anyone provide some more info? What would you see on June 7, June 8, June 9?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-1944/comments
    Hey everybody!
    Sven: We're kind of on the fence about this. By the way, you guys are really sharp. You pick up on important questions just about as soon as we do, and sometimes even earlier.
    This is the very strange nature of the modular structure of the project.
    What is DCS WWII? Surely it's the sum of all its parts, and taking the parts away destroys the whole? If seen this way, it's natural to sit on the planes that are ready, only make them available to kickstarter backers in alpha-beta, and launch another pledge drive for the B-17 in the interim.
    But on the other hand, why not just release one or more of the new DCS WWII planes into DCS World, and use those funds to make the flyable B-17 instead?
    This is something that requires a much larger backer-wide discussion I guess. We'll have it in a little while. In any case, we're months away from having any planes ready for release.
    MP: I see multiplayer as a huge, huge part of any product's success. However it's not just the net code. It's the interface, the game modes, mission design, a gazillion components. Those of you who go back to the beginning of my early series will probably agree that the MP in Oleg's first flight sim was the bomb. It was so because Oleg had just created two absolutely amazing MP modes for his award-winning FPS titles (virtually unknown in the West, idolized alongside the likes of Doom and Duke3D in Russia). He had a whole crew of experienced MP programmers and designers that spent almost two years ironing out all the kinks.
    So, we definitely have a long list of things we want to improve with multiplayer, but if we were to consider doing them for day 1 release of DCS WWII, we'd probably need to double our budget.
    Since we didn't, the only thing I can really promise is that we'll try.
    Also, trueSky looks really cool, but we're far too commited to making our own clouds and weather system to switch horses mid-jump.
    Hopefully the stuff you'll see there will compare favorably to that video.
    And regarding the Flight Sim show, we really should be doing a lot more stuff like that. There's always something happening somewhere, and a booth and some product boxes is a great thing to have. Unfortunately we just have no resources to attend most of them, no people to arrange and set up and man a booth, literally no one. So for the time being we'll probably just do a few major airshows, especially those connected with TFC and Duxford.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

WW2 update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...02&postcount=1
    Hello folks,

I’ve been absolutely swamped these past few days. Catching a plane to Moscow in a couple of hours, so I probably won’t respond to any questions or comments on this update for at least 24 hours.

Here’s where we are with Normandy today.

We started working on a 1:1 recreation of Utah beach. It’ll be one of the areas recreated down to each street, each object. It’s obviously in the very early stages.

We’re playing around with the representation of the areas with German defensive flooding, and trying to get it so you can still see the fields and villages underneath the floodwaters.

We’re also just generally laying out all the important areas, roads, bridges, villages, and so on.

Finally, we’re also working on different types of coastal cliffs.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

DCS: WW2 Update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=151
    at the risk of my head . Picture from the flooded area. As usual WIP. We're working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That is a VERY convincing image
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567