Thread: Oleg and others have returned to make another flight simulator!

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Oleg and others have returned to make another flight simulator!

I have only just joined the Forums so this may be in the wrong place however I though it a worthwhile cause to tell everyone about DCS WWII.
    This will be a flight simulator made by Eagle Dynamics working with Oleg Maddox and other well know sim developers, based on their own (and the Flight sim communities) ideas and desires without the pushy, petty and greedy influence of larger publishers and companies!
    For all those who no longer trust Maddox after the initial failings of CloD I think is is safe to say his ambitions for developments over a given time period will be much more humble and realistic after the CloD incident (also they are not creating a new engine for this one) but will still make for an excellent Simulator.
    It is possible to glimpse the vision the team had for CloD now (thanks to the tireless work of Team Fusion), hopefully it can be realised properly in both DCS WWII and the continually modded and revised CloD.
    But whether the development of DCS WWII will commence or not is as of yet undecided, it depends on their KickStarter receiving the necessary funds which is why I saw fit to post this at all.
    There is a link to the KickStarter below which also has a video explaining the ideas and goals much better than I have done here so even if you aren't interested in donating at all, it's worth going there just to find out what it's all about.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...i-europe-1944/

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Oleg and others have returned to make another flight simulator!

hi Tettric, there's already threads for this here:
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...play.php?f=105

Cheers.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

If I got a pound for every one of these threads.....

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It certainly doesn't hurt to have a lot of these threads. Personally I think Kickstarter is a wonderful tool for combat sim developers to keep control of their efforts, instead of eventually handing over complete control to investors. It also demands the developer become far more responsible for their own actions, and not depending on the investor for their next paycheck, as the kickstarter monies do not keep coming in.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Righty oh then, I guess it makes sense to get rid of this one then...
    How do you get rid of a thread by the way?
    Last edited by Tettric; Sep-08-2013 at 11:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Salute

Oleg will not be a hands on developer, he is not the lead on this project, he will act in a limited role as an advisor on flight model accuracy for Luthier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Salute

Oleg will not be a hands on developer, he is not the lead on this project, he will act in a limited role as an advisor on flight model accuracy for Luthier.
    Sounds plausible, but is this your best guess of a fact you can source. I ask as i am curious what role Oleg has.. and i have not seen in stated by anyone from the actual team.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tettric View Post
    Righty oh then, I guess it makes sense to get rid of this one then...
    How do you get rid of a thread by the way?
    Hell no! We've been waiting so long for an announcement like this, one more thread ain't gonna hurt!

Welcome to the forum, BTW, Tettric!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
    Sounds plausible, but is this your best guess of a fact you can source. I ask as i am curious what role Oleg has.. and i have not seen in stated by anyone from the actual team.

Thanks.
    MadTommy. In the fireside video, Oleg outlines his involvement which I believe was accurately interpreted by Buzzsaw. Interestingly, Oleg's motivation is to show his son what a flight sim should look like so no doubt his involvement will have a weighty impact.
    You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stopped playing.

i7 980 @ 3.33 GHz (12 CPUs), Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Gigabyte GTX 480 4 Gig, Corsair AX1200 PSU, CH Combatstick, CH Pedals, CH Quadrant, Track IR5. Upgrading to a GTX 680 when the wife blinks.