Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DCS: Edge

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: DCS: Edge

Wow!!!!

I watched the two Youtube videos featured at the link you provided.

The Oculus view flying through the tall buildings was amazing. I use the technique of viewing it with my eyes crossed, then relaxing my vision slightly to get three screens -- the middle one is in 3D. Not only is the cockpit in 3D (like Clod using Nvidia's 3D Vision), but the buildings & terrain are also in 3D (unlike Clod). Truly amazing!

The second video shows tremendous detail in the terrain, buildings, and moving traffic. Lots of trees, shrubbery and other objects far beyond the Mars-scape of the previous Nevada Edge demo. Awesome! The only nitpick I have of this WIP is that the clouds in the video beginning looked blown-out white and ill-defined (ie blurry). Hopefully that will be resolved by release.

Wondering now if my PC can run all this smoothly!

Thanks for the look-see, S.D.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Wow!!!!

I watched the two Youtube videos featured at the link you provided.

The Oculus view flying through the tall buildings was amazing. I use the technique of viewing it with my eyes crossed, then relaxing my vision slightly to get three screens -- the middle one is in 3D. Not only is the cockpit in 3D (like Clod using Nvidia's 3D Vision), but the buildings & terrain are also in 3D (unlike Clod). Truly amazing!

The second video shows tremendous detail in the terrain, buildings, and moving traffic. Lots of trees, shrubbery and other objects far beyond the Mars-scape of the previous Nevada Edge demo. Awesome! The only nitpick I have of this WIP is that the clouds in the video beginning looked blown-out white and ill-defined (ie blurry). Hopefully that will be resolved by release.

Wondering now if my PC can run all this smoothly!

Thanks for the look-see, S.D.
    Hi Snapper,
    As I understand it, DX11 is going to offload much of the graphics work to the graphics card. I've been reading that the graphics card used will make the difference. Also, I read that DCS with EDGE will only be using 1 core because of the offload.

Cats . . . .
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

DCS newsletter update 30/04/15 - link to DCS forums post

Includes this video showing the NTTR map in DCS 2.0 (EDGE) is looking great (which apparently has not been sped up):

DCS World 2
    Each day we are making more progress in moving DCS World 2. Since the previous newsletter, the team has made great progress on AI landing logic, an all-new multiplayer interface that includes such features as Favorites and Filters, new smoke effects, improvements to the lighting and shadows, replaced the general ground texture with a higher resolution one, increased new terrain graphics performance, the ability to load and work with different maps in the Mission Editor, improvements to the Graphical User Interface (GUI), dedicated server, and a new protection system.

We often read questions regarding how the current Black Sea map will look in DCS World 2. Rather than try to describe this in words, we have included a non-edited gameplay video of the freely available Su-25T Instant Action mission “SAM Killer”. We hope this will paint a clear picture.

Video: https://youtu.be/xaKkwChLE5c

We are burning the midnight oil and we will release an alpha of Nevada Test and Training Range map once we feel it is ready. Before we can do so though, there are still several items that need to be addressed. These will also include: completing the new multiplayer interface, performance optimization, various unified .exe issues, remaining crashes, and some night lighting issues.

DCS: L-39 Albatros
    The next aircraft module to be released by Eagle Dynamics will be the L-39 Albatros. The front and back cockpit are nearing completion as you can see in the included video. This video also gives you another look at the Black Sea map in DCS World 2.

Video: https://youtu.be/Xo6chhW9pPk
    Primary aspects to still complete are an all-new external model and the completion of the cockpit systems and flight dynamics.

The biggest innovation for this aircraft, and a big part of our reason choosing it, was the inclusion of multiple network players in the same aircraft. This technology has been a big focus of the team as of late. This has also been a big reason for our re-design of the multiplayer interface. It is to be determined if this features will be part of the initial beta release.

DCS World 2: Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map

We are further improving the Nevada map and moving it closer to Alfa. Items being worked on include adding the various TACAN and VORTAC stations, improving the mountain textures, improving ground object shadowing, and adding collision models to most ground objects.

Included is a video demonstrating the urban density possible with DCS World 2 and the tremendous sense of speed it provides when flying at low altitude. No, no time acceleration is used.

Video: https://youtu.be/LMOzd89daiU

DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

When not working on the Nevada map, our map team is making steady progress on the Strait of Hormuz Map. Most of the airfields are now placed and a great deal of work is being done on manually improving the elevation mesh and textures. However, this map still has a long way to go with items such as airfield taxi routing, water textures, airbase lighting, ground object placement, navigation aids, and ATC still needed to be addressed.

DCS: Combined Arms 1.5

A lot of new work is going into Combined Arms in regards to improved user control (particularly from the external unit movement control), intercom messages, and improved AI. While a bit too early to show off these new features in this newsletter, we hope to be showing these advancements off soon.

DCS: P-47D and DCS: Spitfire

Work continues on the object models, cockpit systems and flight models, but there is nothing new to show this month.

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

Work is mostly focused on the air-to-ground radar that is making good progress; the team is now starting to create the various sub-modes such as the expanded modes. We have included a couple of images that show samples of the new air-to-ground radar technology that is based on radar reflectivity logic.
    Last edited by Bounder!; Apr-30-2015 at 09:23.
    My Cliffs of Dover movies [youtube link]
    My PC specs: Win10 64; CPU i7-3820 4.3GHz; 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8GB).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cool Stuff!

Now if I can just figure out how not to get killed in my F15 all the time I will be a happy man!

AKA_MattE

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jugdriver View Post
    Cool Stuff!

Now if I can just figure out how not to get killed in my F15 all the time I will be a happy man!

AKA_MattE
    When you hear the missile launch warning hit the ejection seat
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The other two videos:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    When you hear the missile launch warning hit the ejection seat

LOL Headshot, that about sums it up!

AKA_MattE
    Last edited by Jugdriver; May-01-2015 at 14:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Put head between legs and well... Lol

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
    ANON6 - Tactical Group Play | CLOD - DCS SERIES - STAR CITIZEN - ARMA3 | www.anon6.com[/CENTER]

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

AVIA Ltd and Concord XXI with a Mi171 simulator on ITSEC 2015 on Praga with a DCS: W professional version.

Scientific and Production Association "AVIA» takes part in ITEC 201...
    Avia TS
    ITEC 2015
    Scientific and Production Association "AVIA" attends the exhibition with its new Mi-171 helicopter Full Flight Simulator.

ITEC is an annual forum for representatives from the military, industry and academia to connect and share knowledge with the international training, education and simulation sectors. Presenting a unique overview of the industry’s latest innovations, the event provides visitors with a platform to discuss developments in this evolving market and exchange ideas about future requirements for military training and simulation.
    Last edited by Silver_Dragon; May-19-2015 at 05:57.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ED post some video show tutorials to make objects on EDGE
    Three in english

And 3 more on russian (First has part of terrain creation into EDGE)

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; May-19-2015 at 05:56.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

9 more pics of NTTR Nevada

13. Likes ATAG_Bliss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
    9 more pics of NTTR Nevada

Ok, I'm sold. Where do I send my check and download??
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control, Reverb G2, SteamVR res: 2820x2760 (80%), nVidia driver 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by javelina View Post
    Ok, I'm sold. Where do I send my check and download??
    No kiddin! That looks awesome. I hope it finally gets released this year!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.21 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    No kiddin! That looks awesome. I hope it finally gets released this year!
    Indeed M8!
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe, 2TB Samsung SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, EVGA 850 P2 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2 , K-51 Helicopter Collective Control, Reverb G2, SteamVR res: 2820x2760 (80%), nVidia driver 536.23

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

External Beta tester Team start to test NTTR and DCS: W 2.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=2039
    A little update:

Today we reached a significant milestone of moving the NTTR map into full internal testing such that our external testers can now pound on it.

There are still several blocking bugs, but we are working hard to resolve them has fast as we can.

As mentioned in the first post of this thread, let's all try to keep on topic please.

Thanks

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wags prepare Twich session on 21 june on DCS: World 2 and Nevada NTTR (13:00 Pacific Time)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=2348
    Dear all,

On 21 June at 1300 Pacific Standard Time, I will be running a live Twitch stream of me flying over the Nevada Test and Training Range map using DCS World 2. If there are any particular places over the map or planes you would like to see, let me know.

I hope you can all make it and see some live gameplay.

My Twitch channel is: http://www.twitch.tv/wagmatt

Thanks,
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    403.38 MB

Re: Dcs: Edge

Quote Originally Posted by PFT_Endy View Post
    It's a rare occasion when a sim does clouds right. I think the best I've seen were in FSX (although it might have been some mod) RoF and (sic!) War Thunder.

I'm just wondering what the problem here is and why sims like DCS or CloD can't have proper clouds that don't look like cute balls of cotton...
    I suspect weather is HARD.
    FSX has the ability to do live update of weather - which is nice.
    But even though I have Australian Terrain etc - I NEVER see the towering thunderheads and storm cells we get every afternoon in the Wet here in Darwin. I'd love a good tropical weather add on.

And I'd love some miserable foggy chanel crossings on instruments for CLOD.

There's an aspect of bus driving to the bombers. Some nasty weather would add a bit of tension.
    "If a job's worth doing, it's worth half doing twice" - Homer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

And perhaps the odd meteorite

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

New Nevada NTTR pics on the ED Facebook:

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bunyap release a official video (autorized by ED), of the Wags DCS: W 2 / NTTR nevada Sunday Twitch video stream
    https://youtu.be/3dR3oElxN3c

23. Likes Vlerkies, 9./JG52 Ziegler liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The new EDGE graphics do look very good. I hope I'm wrong but the Nevada map looks like it could be rather boring to fly over. It wouldn't be my first choice of areas to map, but I do understand the performance savings it could provide in sims were performance is hard to come by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    The new EDGE graphics do look very good. I hope I'm wrong but the Nevada map looks like it could be rather boring to fly over. It wouldn't be my first choice of areas to map, but I do understand the performance savings it could provide in sims were performance is hard to come by.
    Getting ready to DRIVE through Nevada and I can confirm it is boring....
    Thanks to these guys: American Brewing Company for the use of the Flying Monkey!

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I just really hope that the LOD issue is solved. It's nearly impossible spotting contacts on the current map. In modern jets it's not so importent but if they really want to do WWII, it needs to happen. If War Thunder can do it DCS certainly can. While I don't actually fly WT, I have seen videos (Karaya's) and the spotting is excellent.
    That and multiplayer server numbers are what really matter to me. I already love the flight models.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ED are introducing something which will help spotting at a distance. We don't have full details just yet. Also I think the improved terrain will just naturally help with spotting. Sometimes in the current version the contact just gets lost in the clutter as the ground details aren't too sharp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Ziegler View Post
    I just really hope that the LOD issue is solved. It's nearly impossible spotting contacts on the current map. In modern jets it's not so importent but if they really want to do WWII, it needs to happen. If War Thunder can do it DCS certainly can. While I don't actually fly WT, I have seen videos (Karaya's) and the spotting is excellent.
    That and multiplayer server numbers are what really matter to me. I already love the flight models.
    Hi Ziegler:

Check this out.
    http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144543

Non-scaling option will be available.

Cheers.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
    I don't think they have the colors quite right, especially the area around Vegas where there is more red in the rocks (check out Valley of fire state park). Also the area around Charleston peak is a forest so it will be more green and a lot of the sand is lighter in color, more like a dirty cream color, not to mention the shoreline around Lake Mead that had been below the water line in the past is white. I think the shots I have seen do not have enough color or contrast in the color to accurately represent the area.

JD

AKA_MattE

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

3 new videos by Wags of the terrain tools

DCS Terrain Tool: Vary House Palette
    https://youtu.be/Q-60KdXgzyk

DCS Terrain Tool: Vary House LOD
    https://youtu.be/dSxKLBP5_zM

DCS Terrain Tool: Vary House Introduction
    https://youtu.be/Gqker4_1u88

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

I just watched all that ? Do you guys run head long into brick walls for fun on the weekends !!
    I have never seen something so complicated Surely there must be a better solution than that lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123