Thread: CH Products Control Map

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

CH Products Control Map

I searched around a bit, but didn't see anything (apologies if I was blind), but I was wondering if anyone had a CH Product Fighterstick, PT, PP control map they would like to share. Was looking for something to base my own setup on. Also, looking to get a throttle quadrant for more axis to control mixture, rpms.

Update: Attached the map I ended up putting together. Open to suggestions or comments to improve it.

IL2CoD_FSPTPPTQ_01.JPG
    IL2CoD_FSPTPPTQ_03.JPG
    IL2CoD_FSPTPPTQ_02.JPG
    IL2CoD_FSPTPPTQ_04.JPG

IL2CoD_FSPTPPTQ_Fusionv.1.zip
    Last edited by Idrick; Sep-15-2013 at 22:55. Reason: Adding map

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: CH Products Control Map

Looks like no one has one on hand. Ended up grabbing a Throttle quadrant and setting up a map. Once i'm happy with my setup for my FS+PT+PP+TQ setup I'll post the mapping here for anyone interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.23 MB

I've got the whole CH setup but I never tried a map. No real need for it that I've seen, what's the advantage?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

I found one a while back at the CH Hangar website. Have you looked there?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I've got the whole CH setup but I never tried a map. No real need for it that I've seen, what's the advantage?

I use CH Control manager maps as it allows me to abstract away from the HW layer. I can combine devices if I want, but what I mainly use it for is to make the buttons actually use the keyboard commands for the different actions, or shift actions, so that I can maintain the default controls for most items.

=FI=Murph I had found one on there that didn't cover the TQ and had some mappings on the PT I didn't like too much. I ended up using that as my base for my mapping.

I'm updating my original post with my my mapping if anyone has comments or suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Idrick View Post
    On joystick "fire rockets" are useless in CloD.
    Few planes have aileron trim, I suggest replace this for rudder in HAT.

One HAT are mapped for toggle bomb bay doors, but in some bombers (He.111, Br.20...) you need one command to open, and a different one to close (like flaps). You can set this in this unused throttle wheel in joystick base.

You need a button for "Wheel brakes" - if plan fly in British planes (right/left axis in pedal don't work for these), or use CH Mannager to make these axis press "B" under Shift, for example.

On throttle:

"Toggle War Emergency Power" (AFAIK) only put throttle in 100% - independent of physical throttle (HOTAS) position (this can by done just moving throttle ahead), and are not toggle ... not very useful... (a bad implemented command - or I missing something...).

Instead use "War Emergency Power" that work in Bf 109 (HUD inform "Afterburner" ) and in Italian planes.

On TQ.

Propeller Pitch work in inverse way - relative to Spit/Hurri...) on Bf.109 and are a momentary UP/DOWN switch, for this plane use one these rocker in TQ base. PP in axis is fine for another planes. Or better, in the unused HAT on throttle, similar in Bf.109 E4.

BTW - CLoD Controls GUI allow you do make copy of commands (e.g. Increase and decrease prop pitch) and assign different keys for this copy.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-16-2013 at 11:40.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    On joystick "fire rockets" are useless in CloD.
    Few planes have aileron trim, I suggest replace this for rudder in HAT.

One HAT are mapped for toggle bomb bay doors, but in some bombers (He.111, Br.20...) you need one command to open, and a different one to close (like flaps). You can set this in this unused throttle wheel in joystick base.

You need a button for "Wheel brakes" - if plan fly in British planes (right/left axis in pedal don't work for these), or use CH Mannager to make these axis press "B" under Shift, for example.

On throttle:

"Toggle War Emergency Power" (AFAIK) only put throttle in 100% - independent of physical throttle (HOTAS) position (this can by done just moving throttle ahead), and are not toggle ... not very useful... (a bad implemented command - or I missing something...).

Instead use "War Emergency Power" that work in Bf 109 (HUD inform "Afterburner" ) and in Italian planes.

On TQ.

Propeller Pitch work in inverse way - relative to Spit/Hurri...) on Bf.109 and are a momentary UP/DOWN switch, for this plane use one these rocker in TQ base. PP in axis is fine for another planes. Or better, in the unused HAT on throttle, similar in Bf.109 E4.

BTW - CLoD Controls GUI allow you do make copy of commands (e.g. Increase and decrease prop pitch) and assign different keys for this copy.

Sokol1
    Thanks for the guidance. After playing a bit more and taking into consideration what you said I've updated the Map a bit more. I'll be uploading a new version once it is finalized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the info guys. I feel I'll be behind the curve without TracIR or some other like system but I am quite used to the joystick and throttle for views as long as there are not too many new controls I have to setup. I'll need to find out which controls are most necessary and go from there. Maybe in the near future I can get TracIR but first I am looking to buy a new computer since I am in the stone age with the one I have, 9 years old. Though it still plays IL-2 just fine and CLod as well (core I7-920, Nvidia GTX-285, 8gigs of memory) but I am still running Vista as an OS. Any ideas on an inexpensive system? I was thinking of a new Core I5 since this flight sim is the most taxing thing I do with it and I didn't want to spend more than about $700.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Captsacto.

In CloD don't work well try make a control setup for all planes, since different planes has different needs for controls (event British fighters has some differences in between, eg. flaps operation in Spit vs Hurri), better do different setups and use SAVE AS/LOAD FROM, if plan play "turncoat" all time.

Here what is need for each plane to give you better idea:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...play.php?f=128