Thread: how to set up a Cliffs of Dover LAN match

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

how to set up a Cliffs of Dover LAN match

I've tried various ways to set up a COD LAN match between two computers on the same home network, with or without creating a lobby. I always get stuck at the same place - the client cannot choose a plane on the map. If the client chooses a side and then gets to the list of planes on this side, every plane has the designation "WPF: Unavailable Puppet Plane" and cannot be selected. The computer acting as the server can select "Fly" and is placed into the 3D environment - but is not placed into a plane.

How can I set up a LAN match between two computers on a home network? I gather that it's not easy; perhaps a few lines of code at a DOS prompt are needed?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Re: how to set up a Cliffs of Dover LAN match

After select (create) Server you have un-ticked the option "Cannot select plane" - in "Realism"?

See the first part of this video, maybe help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zs7AM04khn8

What mission you are using? One done in FMB or some already in game?

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-23-2013 at 18:56.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Here's how I do it. You only need to set up your "server" on one machine. Then password it and use the password for the other machine or friends in lobbies.
    1. Hit Lobby>create>ok>play>ok>choose your mission and select. Your named "server" will show up in Lobbies for the others to log onto (with password if you don't want public.

Hope that helps.

Z
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your suggestions, but I haven't found the solution yet. Specifically:

Everything works fine on the server computer. I can:
    1. create a lobby
    2. select "Play"
    3. set a password
    4. select "Realism" and make sure every item under "Aircraft Switching" and "Visual Aids" is enabled
    5. select a default mission (I use "Bomber Intercept - Ships")
    6. select "Start Battle"
    At this point, the plane and ship icons are displayed on the map on the left side of the screen. Some planes are white, but I cannot click them and select "Create" as I can in an internet multiplayer situation.
    7. double click on a plane in the list on the right and double click to fly

The problem is: I can't join the game from the other computer on the home LAN. (To make sure I have the right game version, I verified that I can go to an ATAG server and fly in a multiplayer game from this computer).
    Here's what happens when I try to connect from the client:
    1. join the lobby
    2. select "Play"
    3. On the map screen, select either the British or the German/Italian flag on the upper right part of the screen.
    In this "Bomber Intercept - Ships" mission, a red ship icon appears on the map when I click on the flag, same as with the server. On the server I also see blue and red aircraft icons near the ship icon - I don't see these from the client computer.
    4. When I try to double click on the plane list on the right to fly, the message "WPF: Unavailable Puppet Place" appears at the upper right corner of the screen. This happens whether I choose the Allied or Axis side.

How can I fly from the client computer?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    At this point, the plane and ship icons are displayed on the map on the left side of the screen. Some planes are white, but I cannot click them and select "Create" as I can in an internet multiplayer situation.
    That's correctly, the option "Create" is for spawn in airfield.

For assume in flight planes need click on list (and un-tick relative "cannot " options in realism - what you did...)

If you still with problems, make a try with Banks script.

Just rename the script file with the same mission name - in case: "Bomber Intercept - Ships.cs" and save in same folder of mission.
    ...\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\missions\Single

This script allow server and client computer select and reserve a plane, by typing commands in chat - before server hit "Start battle".

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34939

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-26-2013 at 15:07.