Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

VKB Mamba joystick.

Now available for "western".

http://flightsimcontrols.com/store/j...ck-for-non-eu/

Differential features:

Aluminum gimbal with ball bearings.
    The base accept Warthog and Cougar grips.
    Possibility to change springs (extra par supplied).
    "Dual" triggers.

The differences between Light and PRO version are:

Light - controller Njoy32 Light.

Pro - controller Njoy32 PRO

Njoy32 PRO allow:

- Storage configuration and settings in the controller memory.
    - Built-in keyboard mapper (including system and multimedia keys)
    - Mouse emulation
    - Ability to write macros
    - Emulation axes using the buttons and encoders
    - Emulation buttons using axes
    - Adjustable sensitivity axes
    - Customizable dead spots and smoothing factors response for axes
    - Adjustable dynamic response filtering
    - Trimming axles
    - Use up to three appointments for each button using modifier keys, user-definable.
    Story of the creation of Cobra M5 (low cost) joystick - used as base for this version.

http://habrahabr.ru/post/141524/

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-28-2013 at 09:54.

Supporting Member 31st_ff_yellow(26)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Re: VKB Mamba joystick.

sounds and looks like a very nice thing

sending from china is very cheep but they want have 32 Euro for sending to thailand
    i have about 220 km to china border with car

may be need a shopping tour there
    greetings from JG4_Yellow --- 31st FF Yellow ( Thailand )

The cursing "NonArcade" Pilot

http://www.Jagdgeschwader4.de
    http://www.31st-fox-fighters.de

EG14 Yellow (26) fly the ARCADE Spitfire Mk Ia 100 oct.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ1X1urGbs

My System:
    Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 | CPU i7 3630 QM 2.4 - 3.4 GHz | RAM 8GB DDR-3 | GPU 2 * GeForce GT 750M 4 GB GDDR-5 | Toshiba 40" + acer 23" | Saitek X65F + Combat Rudder Pedals | Track-IR 4

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It looks like a really nice stick with plenty of buttons and rotaries, something you can never have too many of. The site is not clear about the compatibility of Cougar and Warthog sticks as it mentions it's comparable to those sticks, unless that's just a translation error. I do wonder because the Cougar and Warthog sticks are held in place by a large threaded flange and I don't see that on that Mamba stick. Regardless though I hope they release other sticks themselves, Thrustmaster promised it but never took advantage of that feature of their design.

Quite a reasonable price too considering all the additional rotaries and buttons that may well negate the need for a standalone throttle unit and the gimble design looks very easy to maintain, I wonder what the action feels like though moving through the centre.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I wonder how strong the gimbal's springs are, especially when using with the heavier Warthog grips... Any data on the throw distance? Force required? Center detent feel? I personally like soft centers for warbird flying. However, this design seems to be more or less like the CH joysticks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Revvin View Post
    It looks like a really nice stick with plenty of buttons and rotaries, something you can never have too many of. The site is not clear about the compatibility of Cougar and Warthog sticks as it mentions it's comparable to those sticks, unless that's just a translation error. I do wonder because the Cougar and Warthog sticks are held in place by a large threaded flange and I don't see that on that Mamba stick. Regardless though I hope they release other sticks themselves, Thrustmaster promised it but never took advantage of that feature of their design.

Quite a reasonable price too considering all the additional rotaries and buttons that may well negate the need for a standalone throttle unit and the gimble design looks very easy to maintain, I wonder what the action feels like though moving through the centre.
    Becareful, read the small text - the price is for the light version which doesnt' include any of the pots and buttons of the Fat version. Fat version is $269 instead of 206...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Jason (777) post in BoS forum that this joystick will be sold in US in the future.

This European dealer is a bit confuse, using pictures of Mamba PRO in Mamba Light ad...

In VKBforum have a information that a adapter for Cougar, Warthog and X-52 handles will be sold in October.

And are this information about install Cougar/Warthog (Google translator translate Warthog as "wild boar" or "Caban" or "Cabana") handle:

The process of replacing the handle is simple - remove it from the "Warthog", put an adapter to their handle fasteners, plug connector, assemble the handle on the mechanics install and fasten with two screws latches. It's pretty simple.
    http://www.vkb-pro.ru/forum/download...38628d3c2fb9c2
    http://www.vkb-pro.ru/forum/download...38628d3c2fb9c2

Pictures of Mamba PRO keymapper (no info about Light) - profiles are stored in controller memory.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...4&d=1380067380
    http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...5&d=1380067384
    http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...6&d=1380067389
    http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...7&d=1380067391

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-29-2013 at 21:40.

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Finally somone to make non HOTAS quality yostick which doesnt look like kids toy.....Like I said on "another forum" the only two concerns for me are skinny grip (original M5 was designed for "teen market") and position of red "fire" button on the far left....sims like not easy to reach when the hand is on the stick....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Looks interesting, but I couldn't see how to order one IN the EU or a price, just all the component parts? Is it a DIY jobbie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    Looks interesting, but I couldn't see how to order one IN the EU or a price, just all the component parts? Is it a DIY jobbie?
    Mamba for EU customers will be ready in 2 weeks (not a joke). US customers can order now.
    However, M5 Defender Cobra (which means, basic model) is already available for EU customers, as I heard...

http://flightsimcontrols.com/store/joysticks/cobra-m5/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Its a smart move to sell an adaptor, instantly adds another grip for fans of Western jets but does the adaptor require permanent modification to the Warthog/Cougar stick? i.e say I wanted to go back to the Warthog base could I just unplug it, remove the adaptor and plug it back into the Warthog base?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Just got mail from Eduard. It seams they will be producing full metal grips for Mamba joysticks....but he doesnt know when they will be ready for sale. Could be mounted later on existing units with plastic grips (with rubberized finish). Warranty for Mamba sticks is yrs.
    PS: Mamba`s metal base will be compatible with Warthog grips so those can be mounted on Mamba base....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Thumbs up Re: VKB Mamba joystick.

Now i have it...

N: the price Euro 269,- ( without shipping ) for that i think is very toooo much !!!
    everythink in fine stable aluminium... thatz not true !!! the stick is plastic a la card !!!

the buttons is the cheapest of the cheap... its also plastic... if i think back to my old saitek x52 hmmm... thatz quality...

the configuration software is aviable only in russian language (i try to translate but omg. )
    also no users manual and you dont have a plan how to use the config-tool... very crazy thing that

P: the mechanics are really very strong and also the springs and centerpoint is very good !!!

fazit :
    my (now) 2 years old saitek x65f i buyed from a good friend for !!! Euro 150,- !!! new price if i remember good i think was something at Euro 300,-
    but WITH Throttle and extra panel with switches AND absolutly 100% aluminium AND the Config-Tool what is very easy to use is
    the much more better thing.

just kick out Euro 292,- ( with shipping ) of the window....
    Last edited by 31st_ff_yellow(26); Oct-15-2013 at 05:41.

My System:
    Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 | CPU i7 3630 QM 2.4 - 3.4 GHz | RAM 8GB DDR-3 | GPU 2 * GeForce GT 750M 4 GB GDDR-5 | Toshiba 40" + acer 23" | Saitek X65F + Combat Rudder Pedals | Track-IR 4

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Unhappy Re: VKB Mamba joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by 31st_ff_yellow(26) View Post
    Now i have it...

N: the price Euro 269,- ( without shipping ) for that i think is very toooo much !!!
    everythink in fine stable aluminium... thatz not true !!! the stick is plastic a la card !!!

the buttons is the cheapest of the cheap... its also plastic... if i think back to my old saitek x52 hmmm... thatz quality...

the configuration software is aviable only in russian language (i try to translate but omg. )
    also no users manual and you dont have a plan how to use the config-tool... very crazy thing that

P: the mechanics are really very strong and also the springs and centerpoint is very good !!!

fazit :
    my (now) 2 years old saitek x65f i buyed from a good friend for !!! Euro 150,- !!! new price if i remember good i think was something at Euro 300,-
    but WITH Throttle and extra panel with switches AND absolutly 100% aluminium AND the Config-Tool what is very easy to use is
    the much more better thing.

just kick out Euro 292,- ( with shipping ) of the window....
    Man, I hate to hear that. I was in the market for a new stick myself and have been watching and waiting for a review on the mamba. Thanks for the write up yellow

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Yellow,

And the behavior "as joystick", precision in axis, backslash, feel of mechanism (someone say similar to CH...)?
    The real differential of this joystick should by your gimbal mechanism (Dural+ball bearings) that probable cost
    half X-65 to manufacture, + MarS sensors... (Warthog for example have "metal" grip but plastic gimbal...).

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-15-2013 at 19:36.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand3011 View Post
    Man, I hate to hear that. I was in the market for a new stick myself and have been watching and waiting for a review on the mamba. Thanks for the write up yellow
    Eduard from VKB write to me that in a view month the stick will be also in aluminium but this takes time...
    also him write that soon become some adapters (low cost him say) for warthog, x65 and something but not finish yet...
    the mechanism is really very fine and very stable for long-time-use but what helps the 9 ball-bearing if the plastic still die ?
    i will see and wait for the adapter for put the stick from my x65f on it...

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Yellow,

And the behavior "as joystick", precision in axis, backslash, feel of mechanism (someone say similar to CH...)?
    The real differential of this joystick should by your gimbal mechanism (Dural+ball bearings) that probable cost
    half X-65 to manufacture, + MarS sensors... (Warthog for example have "metal" grip but plastic gimbal...).

Sokol1
    yes, the precision is fine but the zeropoint is also not 100% may be 98% you can see it if you move and let him go
    back for center... its just 1 pixel you can see that te kross stay away from center ( left or right up or down )
    that MarS sensors hmm... may be its expensive but if i see the sensors from the x65 they center 100% !

for me, and that is that what i also sent with email to eduard from VKB im very dissappointed about the stick for that money.

btw. the config-tool i become last night from eduard in english version !
    but... i see many bugs ( wrong key declarations ) that makes you more and more confuse as the tool already makes you...

will see... im sorry that i cant write something more possible...

My System:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

our russian fellas didnt like the base model (M5 Cobra Defender) at all...
    what they didnt like:
    - creaks and squeaks after some time and for some even silicone grease didnt help..
    - there are no buttons on the base, top left (red) button is very hard to reach after the hand was on the grip (in flight its below and behind the red button). Its ok for real plane where pressing the trigger has different "meaning" and they use glowes.
    - throttle is a small wheel on a tall base (lever knob would be better)....that could be a prob for ppl who dont have separate throttle or doesnt like em...
    - twist rudder is horrible...it can be replaced with better (mod) but this can be a problem for guys without rudder pedals

what they liked:
    - precision
    - no dead zones
    - heavy and stable base (how come its too light in Mamba?)
    And M5 is 46 euros + shipping to EU around 25 euros.....thats too much for this...not to mention Mamba...a plastic grip stick for 250 euros...camon

On a side note, I tried Warthog and I must say the stick resistance is too stiff for sim stick...also, it isnt smooth (I can feel when Im over the "zero point")...its made for big hand (mine is average), so the to reach the top "fire" button you must raise your hand from the headrest....the metal feel in hand is nice but nothing close to what I "dreamed of"....also, buttons are stiff and noisy also (when pressing them, I was expecting something much better than on plastic sticks)...this was mentioned on forums...

So I think I will order another Sidewinder just to have spare...

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What you all have to understand is that Cobra M5 is not product manufactured by VKB. They just helped in development.
    Like one of the guys from VKB explained its very hard and expensive to start serial production in Russia and make competitive entry level product.
    But if you compare Cobra M5 with similar product from Thrustmaster T16000 differences are huge.
    The heart of your joystick is the gimbal (mechanics), sensor and controller.

Here you can see the gimbal of Cobra ( similar to CH )

And here is one from T16000

Notice that Cobra use two MarS ( magneto-resistor) sensors which have better linearity and precision than Halls
    and T16000 use one 3D Hall (~3$ for one) and the same one is in Warthog.
    Problem with that approach is if you have any backslash (that happens in time) you can throw your joystick away.

This is gimbal from Warthog. There is lot of friction there and even if its greased well problems can appear.

Gimbal from Mamba looks perfect for me, practically indestructible and from what I saw you have life time guarantee.

You have to consider that the handle is from the entry level product and from what I saw they are making their own better one.
    But even this one looks fine. I remember when I tried Saitek X52, like cheap,squeaky Chinese toy and for 150 EUR.

I didn't try Cobra M5 but my friend had after controller in his moded Saitek X52 ( metal gimbal) died and he said Cobra is better for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by vranac View Post
    What you all have to understand is that Cobra M5 is not product manufactured by VKB. They just helped in development.
    Like one of the guys from VKB explained its very hard and expensive to start serial production in Russia and make competitive entry level product.
    But if you compare Cobra M5 with similar product from Thrustmaster T16000 differences are huge.
    The heart of your joystick is the gimbal (mechanics), sensor and controller.

Notice that Cobra use two MarS ( magneto-resistor) sensors which have better linearity and precision than Halls
    and T16000 use one 3D Hall (~3$ for one) and the same one is in Warthog.
    Problem with that approach is if you have any backslash (that happens in time) you can throw your joystick away.
    Yes. I know all that. Still, many russian reviewers find Cobra squeaking and creaking after some time even after applying silicone grease. And button config is bad as they reported (you need to make dance moves with hand to reach the top red button after the hand was on the grip) etc. Also reviewers reported that the buttons are cheap crap (even on Mamba as we heard). On Cobra thers no buttons on the base. None. Zero. The plastic grip is rubberized but as someone on the other forum noticed plastics is not in the same quality as CH or sidewinders...now, regarding mechanics, Im sure Cobra's mechanism is more precise and more durable and is nice that the dead zone is apparently very very small.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-16-2013 at 09:01.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

UIV (VKB) say that manual are under revision and English version coming soon...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post2025819

Expect that grip would be in metal is a misunderstanding, the Flightsimcontrols not announced as - they say "aluminium case", although not specify what material grip it is made...

Tvirdi

M5 MOD'ed (by user) repositioning the left "shoulder" button:

http://i40.tinypic.com/bgsnib.jpg

I prefer this M5 approach of 7 buttons and 3 modes than T16.000M with 16 buttons - but 6 of 12 on base are almost useless (right side - or left, for left-handed) and others hard to press (and differentiate). I have one and I am modifying, changing buttons from base to grip, probable change the base for something small...

If the Mamba base/electronics worth the price, the grip (for me) is not problem (I have 1 F-22 PRO, 1 Fighterstick, 1 Combatstick, 4~5 F-15 (Suncom) to utilize grips, and some generic ). As what they offer in matters of gimbal is unlike any other commercial product (previously the only josytick that use bearings is the G-940) generated an expectation of something better...

Sokol1

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tvrdi, only problem that I saw with Cobra M5 is the twist. Defender decided to put cheap trimmer. But all manufacturers do the same, Thrustmaster, Logitech ...
    Some of them like Logitech put them on X and Y axis and in the pedals (G940) .
    At least VKB provided modification with MarS for that problem.

About position of that button it seems reachable to me, probably even more than similar button on CH joystick and on Warthog also if it have the same dimensions as CH.
    VKB had help from one engineer that works in КНААПО company that works for Sukhoi.

The main advantage of Cobra model is that it can be customized, you can ad metal gimbal, panels with butons and axis.

I don't want to make sad many happy Warthog users but this may happen with your stick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The main advantage of Cobra model is that it can be customized, you can ad metal gimbal, panels with butons and axis.
    Good point, NJoy32 - PRO has the capacity to manage up to 128 buttons that can by used for external "button box":

On ergonomics, I have this grip with left "shoulder" button that is (IMO) more accessible than similar one in "F-16" grips.

http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~phase2/g...oto/f15_01.jpg

BTW - Russian grips always had a "cheap" look:

http://blog-imgs-42.fc2.com/j/e/t/jetscape/IMG_2809.jpg

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-16-2013 at 13:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

@Sokol - that mod is awesome...Where did he get teh parts? I think its cool that we have F16 and Sukhoi replicas (Fighterstick, Warthog, Cobra/Mamba)...But simmers need good ergonomics, buttons which can be reachable easily...real combat pilots rarely uses "fire buttons" and have gloves....replicas doesnt make sense to me....
    @ Vranac- I think Flightstick and Sidewinders have very good ergonomics and button placement. although only one hat

But, I know the Cobra has very good and precise mechanism. The only concern is that some russian fellow simmers reported creaks and squeaks after some time and for some of them even silicone grease didnt help..ofcourse, Mamba has metal mechanism and isnt prone to that problem....such problems never occured on sidewinders precisions, on example....its nice that Cobra`s and Mamba`s grip is rubberized....so its not pure plastic "feel".....
    Poor twist rudder isnt my concern as I use rudder pedals like all serious simmers....twist rudder is just a waste of time and some money...but in entry level stick its a must....

@Sokol - Sidewinder preicision and precision 2 have buttons on the left side of the base...very convenient....and precision 2 has a "lever knob" which is (IMHO) much better solution than just throttle wheel like on all other non HOTAS joysticks (like Cobra)....some doesnt like separate throttle (me weardo) and I dont know why they all use the damn wheel

To make the "story" short....I think a perfect joystick would have Saiteks X65f metal handle (also very good erogonomics and very nice button placement!) plus the base and gimbal mechanism of Mamba....this can be made for price around 180 euros Im sure...

I tried Warthog and didnt like the stiffnes (its for sims not for wrestling in real airplane), didnt like the ergonomics (made for bigger hands, to reach red "fire button" you need to raise a hand form handrest)..the stick movement is a bit clunky and you can feel when your going over the "zero point"....buttons are also stiff untill they "workout" a bit...then there that plastic in mechanism which is a shame for 420 bucks stick...
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-16-2013 at 18:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Tvird,

I dont think that Flightstick are a example of good ergonomics - I have one dissembled, at time plan turn on helicopter collective... but lost interest in this kind of "planes".
    This button labeled "2" in Sidewinder requires bend the big toe to press, which induces involuntary movement in grip (can result in changes in sight - if you read -BMBM- "In Pursuit" understand) and soon becomes tiresome.
    Of course, this is IMO - based on use of this joystick. Same case of T.16000M (BTW the rudder pot' on mine start spike bad with ~10 month of moderated use)

On Cobra M5 0 I remember when - back in 2007 - the discussion of design start in Sukhoi:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=49162
    http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...light=defender

Obviously some advocate for Su-27 "replica", others for (Dejá-vu") F-16 style, others for use existent joysticks (ex. Sidewinder) features as... etc.

One conclusion was: For game (simulation) a "replica" is not ideal solution, a F-something/Su-something control grip have button/HAT's placement for specific tasks.
    A real pilot don't use HAT to control POV, don't press trigger dozens times on a single mission like "simmers", etc.
    Obviously if you plan simulate a A-10 not better than a ... Warthog (at least visually).

The result design (good/bad?) - with clear inspiration in Russian grips - is a compromise of cost (I dont know M5 prototype cost, but was stated that Logitech G-940 prototype cost more than 100.000 U$ at time) so few buttons, usability and involve a lot of suggestions and discussions on ergonomics. Obviously failed to please Greeks and Trojans.

This project start as HOTAS but throttle design are abandoned, think that due cost too...
    At end a entry level throttle was done using the same electronic of Cobra M5 but using a modified molds of X-45/52 to reduce cost (seem a common practice in China, slightly modify the mold of a joystick to another brand), but this throttle is sold as standalone not by Defender (M5), but for other distributor, Gametrix.

On ergonomics, a curiosity. Look at this kind of pedals:
    http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachmen...3&d=1381176982
    Ugly and "not realistic", no?

But for a "office chair pilot" it seems very comfortable, he dont need move his legs/foot on horizontal as in "parallelogram" type pedal (all COTS), just press press the tiptoe on vertical, like in a car accelerator pedal.
    The drawback of this design is does not allow incorporation of brakes...

Anyway, if you plan buy a Cobra M5 await the new version - the visual difference is a small lever on throttle disk - this one come with Njoy32 Light controller (actual version use a old ATMEGA based controller - similar to Mjoy).

BTW- The MOD'ed M5 changes of previous picture is done D.I.Y. using pieces of... plastic.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Oct-16-2013 at 23:03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Tvird,
    But for a "office chair pilot" it seems very comfortable, he dont need move his legs/foot on horizontal as in "parallelogram" type pedal (all COTS), just press press the tiptoe on vertical, like in a car accelerator pedal.
    The drawback of this design is does not allow incorporation of brakes...
    Im using Simped Vario pedals. The foot rests I have upside down (I shortened them abit; on the pic are full sized rests) so I have my heels on the floor resting...its perfect

Anyway, if you plan buy a Cobra M5 await the new version - the visual difference is a small lever on throttle disk - this one come with Njoy32 Light controller (actual version use a old ATMEGA based controller - similar to Mjoy).
    Thank you for that info. I will wait this version. Do you know when it will be available and would it have the same price as v1?
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-17-2013 at 04:23.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. I am presenting VKB outside Russia. VKB FSC Europe is based in the Netherlands and it is the only distributor for VKB in Europe. We also deliver VKB products worldwide wherever postal company allows us to ship. I understand that there is lack of information about VKB for English-speaking community and thanks a lot to Sokol1 and vranac for their efforts to provide information to people. VKB is just several people. Most of them engineers or with engineering background and most of us do not work on VKB products full-time.

So, it is not easy to find time to be presented on community forums. But I hope that since now it should be possible to provide more attention, answer questions and collect your feedbacks to improve VKB products.

31st_ff_yellow is the first one who received new Black Mamba joystick and it is sorry to hear that he is disappointed with it. I think it is mostly about wrong expectation. I have already added a note to the product description that the grip is made of plastic. Indeed, the cost of the grip is quite low compared to the base itself. Estimated retail price for only the gimbal is about 135 euro. The idea of the Black Mamba that you are buying the base which last very long and provides very high precision and durability with combination of a strong feature-rich controller. The base could be upgraded with almost any grip you like based on your preferences. It also can be used with extended grips and simulate floor-based stick. The gimbal and the controller allows all of these.

The controller is truly plug-and-play and works with the same settings in Linux, MacOS and Windows. With the controller it is possible to do probably all what you may need with joystick output and all these is stored in non-volatile memory. So, config tool is only required when any change in joystick mapping/setup is need to be done. Later, the joystick may be used in any operating system or connected to different computers without any external software.

31st_ff_yellow, I will try to provide some answers below and hope to clarify some of your concerns about Black Mamba.

Eduard from VKB write to me that in a view month the stick will be also in aluminium but this takes time...
    also him write that soon become some adapters (low cost him say) for warthog, x65 and something but not finish yet...
    the mechanism is really very fine and very stable for long-time-use but what helps the 9 ball-bearing if the plastic still die ?
    i will see and wait for the adapter for put the stick from my x65f on it...
    Adapters are being produced and should be available soon. At the same time we plan to offer a base alone, so an adapter + a base should be a perfect upgrade kit for existing HOTAS or could be used with a favorite grip.

Yes, VKB is working on the full metal grip.

pic010s.JPG

This is a picture of a prototype made in VKB lab. The grip is made based on real stick from Lavochkin-7. This type of stick has been initially used on German WWII aircrafts (Bf and FW) and then has been copied and used on the late Yak and La fighters. After the WWII the same stick was used on L-29.

Black Mamba gimbal with stronger springs works very well with full-metal grip. Currently the grip is still in a prototype. When 3D models are finalized, it will go to production. It is expected to become available in Q1 2014.

However, for some simmers, plastic grip still could be a preferred option due to its weight. With plastic grip lighter springs is used which gives more precise control.

yes, the precision is fine but the zeropoint is also not 100% may be 98% you can see it if you move and let him go
    back for center... its just 1 pixel you can see that te kross stay away from center ( left or right up or down )
    that MarS sensors hmm... may be its expensive but if i see the sensors from the x65 they center 100% !
    31st_ff-yellow could you please provide me with exact figure ? You can use DXTweak tool for this.
    In fact, Black Mamba measures 2000 positions for 20 degrees of working angle. So, it detects 1/100 degree. Saitek has a dead zone and shows 100% in this zone.
    You can get 100% easily by just configuring a dead zone but probably we could find another solution. Probably it is better to discuss it via email and then we wil publish the solution on the forum.

btw. the config-tool i become last night from eduard in english version !
    but... i see many bugs ( wrong key declarations ) that makes you more and more confuse as the tool already makes you...
    Configuration tool is only GUI interface to the controller software which is running on the controller and saves the settings in controller non-volatile memory. Configuration tool is not required to be installed for this joystick.

First, all new features are introduced and tested on the controller software and then GUI part is updated. For last year a lot of improvements have been done on the controller software which causes changes in GUI part and, I must admit, that GUI part is a bit behind and may have some flaws. This is also true for a documentation. Available documentation in Russian is one year old and already obsolete. But I would like to say again that we are constantly working on the new features and improvements. I think that it is good that the owners of Black Mamba will keep getting new improvements.

Full revised documentation in English (and Russian) is planned to be available in about a month. The technical writer did not receive a Black Mamba joystick yet (neither did I). But we decided to start selling and support the first users of Black Mamba on an individual base. It also may be considered as an advantage for the first users and it will help us to improve documentation.
    All VKB products were designed based on close cooperation with sim community. No doubts, that it is the best way forward and eventually provide the best products for simulator enthusiasts.

Also a new wiki will be opened soon on http://flightsimcontrols.com

I hope my post has shedded some light on VKB Black Mamba.

Cheers,
    Eduard

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Thank you for stepping in Eduard. Do you know when the new Cobra (second edition, with new controller), will be in the VKB EU store and what will be the price? I suppose if it comes with new controller it should have more buttons otehrwise I dont see teh benefit since the new controller isnt cheap at all...
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-17-2013 at 09:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

UPDATE.
    Week ago I asked a guy who did a small "test" of Cobra how he like the stick and he said its nice and precise (some buttons hard to reach but nothing big)....
    and...then..yesterday I got this:

Today (after 4 months) joystick broke. I heard some "click" and joy dont center anymore in horizontal.
    It seams the quality of Cobra isnt satisfactory as I read many reviews from russian owners who reported creaks and squeaks after some time....for some, even silicone grease didnt help.....

This Cobra died after 4 months of normal use..

@Vranac - ne želim kupovati joystick koji će mi trajati par mjeseci a koji će nakon par tjedana škripati....sidewinder precision 2 mi dura već godinama....a uzet ću još jedan....
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-18-2013 at 05:30.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That can happen with every joystick, especially with entry level ones. Why he didn't open it to see what's wrong. It could be that spring unhooked or plastic broke.
    If I would think about new joystick it would be Cobra but with metal gimbal.

Last edited by vranac; Oct-18-2013 at 06:14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

That can happen with every joystick, especially with entry level ones. Why he didn't open it to see what's wrong. It could be that spring unhooked or plastic broke.
    If I would think about new joystick it would be Cobra but with metal gimbal.

I had many joysticks in years of simming (Sidewinder precision 1 and 2...Sidewinder FF2, Saitek X52 pro, Saitek Aviator, Thrustmaster Fox2 pro, Thrustmaster T16000, Logitech Extreme....etc)..neither broke....much less in 4 months...
    Also notice that many russian owners reported creaks and squeaks almost right after unboxing and for some silicone grease didnt help....
    Cobra with metal gimbals would cost more than 120 euros and thats a no go for our budgets..unless we emigrate or have luck to be born in rich families with few houses in heritage
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Oct-18-2013 at 06:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

@ Eduard,

thank you for the explantation

so that means i am a "beta-tester" ? lol is ok i will try to the best to test

btw... i still dont understand how i can programming that stick with keys and macros...

My System:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast