Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday Update - October 11th 2013 - The route to patch v4.00 ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Friday Update - October 11th 2013 - The route to patch v4.00 ;)

Let me start by saying I wasn’t sure how to approach this update. I had an idea for a video, then an idea for an image…and then I thought what the heck; let’s make it a detailed update about the forthcoming patch.

So as you know over the past months, behind the scenes a vast amount of work has been going on to improve Cliffs of Dover and make the nest step along its evolutionary path.

When we got together and built the first patch (Team Fusion patch v3.00), we had done an amazing job of righting many wrongs that were still present when development was abandoned so prematurely in its life cycle. In truth, as much as we had done, it was barely a scratch in the surface of the huge potential that awaits this much maligned piece of software.

So Patch v3.00 hit the forums followed by a very small hotfix…and the community went wild. Flight Models that allowed accurate altitudes and speeds, stalls were corrected, contrails filled the skies….the detailed improvements were a huge difference……but it wasn’t enough. Still issues persisted, aircraft still vanished at too close a distance, clouds popped into view and barely filled the sky, aircraft skins were still not accurate, maps were never changing, always British summertime, grass too green, there were many, many unresolved issues.

Well behind those scenes in the closed forums we have raised issues, closed issues, opened new ones, discussed long standing bugs, found new areas of code, fixed those areas, built on their foundations and steadily advanced to where we are today with the Patch TFv4.00
    Now as much as I’d like to chip in with “it’ll be two-weeks”…I’m not that cruel

Over the last few-weeks it’s be noticeable that there has been on the forums a sense of anticipation but also frustration as to not knowing the timeline for the release. This hasn’t been intentional. Seriously behind the scenes huge amounts of testing has been going on making sure that all parts of this next patch work together and give you, the player, the best. Most authentic experience possible from the current development point we have reached.

It’s really important that we thank all of you forum users for your patience and understanding. The information you have provided and feedback to the Friday updates has certainly spurred us on and shown that there is a great interest in the work we are doing and will continue to do.
    Also there are a group of beta testers who really have been put to the test in working through laborious testing of new FM’s/DM’s over and over and over again. But all have done an amazing job and their contribution to Team Fusion’s fixes can’t be understated.

Team Fusion is made up solely of volunteers, all unpaid and doing this for fun. We have no affiliation with any of the original development team and therefore no help in working out how the jigsaw blocks of code are put together. All of this is worked out by some truly talented minds who (I make the assumption) see things like Neo did at the end of the first Matrix film!

Every one of us does this in our own spare time. We all have other personal commitments as you do, but we see CloD as the most advanced WW2 Combat simulation software currently available. It has so much potential it would be a travesty to leave it in such an under-developed state. At times I’m sure it may appear like we are dragging our feet, but nothing is further from the truth, This really is a spare time project, a hobby taken on by a group of dedicated Flight Sim enthusiasts who want to have the best time with CloD and share that experience with the rest of the Community,
    So, back to today’s update.

The last few weeks have been a truly exciting experience in the Team Fusion private forums. Each tiny advance has been added as slowly the Patch has been assembled.

Over the previous months, we’d have an idea, one of the guys would test it, make it work, then we’d complain, they’d tweak it, we’d love it…and on and on. A lot of the fixes are visual and easy to spot, others are so subtle but again have to be worked through, coded, tweaked, re-tweaked….the process has seemed endless and that is why the patch has taken so long due to intense quality control. What would be the point in releasing a patch after all these months, only for it to fall down on first testing!

So the various departments have been fixing, improving, tweaking, editing, building, coding, testing and as each has been ticked off the list, they are added to the final compile software.

So today we’re announcing the way we hope the patch is going to reach you in the next few-days.

This weekend every part of the upcoming patch is set to be compiled into the final release candidate patch. This is made up of everything that has been previously tested, seen to be working correctly and passed up the chain to be compiled into the final patch.

Once this is done, it will be shared between team Fusion and the close nit group of chosen Beta testers. Everything is expected to work (honestly it really is).

Testing will continue until next-Wednesday and if all has gone according to plan, TF v4.00 readme will hit the forums, detailing everything that will be in this patch.

On Thursday a short promo video will be released, picking out some of the highlights of the patch as a taster for the week’s finale, TF v4.00 going live on October 18th.

I have to add, this is the route we fully expect to take BUT if during testing we hit a ‘Show-stopper’ bug, it may be delayed, however lots of testing has been carried out and we are not expecting this!

So, get your F5 keys ready for October 18th, that is expected to be release day and may I/we say once more, thank you for your patience

On a final note, having seen the huge advances made in the last month by our modeller’s and coders TF v5.00 is going to be immense….I’m on the inside and already I’m excited about what the future holds…..it really is going to be worth sticking around…….big things will be happening

Cheers MP/TF

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Friday Update - October 11th 2013 - The route to patch v4.00 ;)

So this time only one week instead of two?

Great News! Thanks.
    Interested in historical group flying? ACG are recruiting... www.aircombatgroup.co.uk
    Easy join up, Allied and Axis squadron places available, ALL standards welcome
    Join our public Teamspeak 3 server @ 85.236.100.27:16317

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    56.63 MB

Great news fellas and congratulations on a stellar work

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Great post MP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

A wonderful update, MP!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    341.98 MB

Fantastic news, thanks for the update MP

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Thanks MP. Great news, can't wait! What with the DCSWW2 kickstarter success and now this...WOW! Thanks to all the Team for all your hard work.

Supporting Member RupertVonHentzau's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    172.39 MB

I love you ALL (in a decent way)

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    65.26 MB

Thank you Mysticpuma!! Who said that a picture tells more than thousand words??

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Fantastic news! Cant thank you enough for making CLOD what its supposed to be....No1 sim on the market...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

this is good news. I'll admit, I thought the patch was going to be out today, but still it's great that everyone has some greater certainty now about release, and an extra week is fine - I don't think I could bear "two weeks" as an estimate!

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Awesome news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Excellent news,thanks to all TF members,bring on next Friday
    Last edited by Meaks; Oct-11-2013 at 11:14.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks a lot! You guys are really great. Thanks for all the work!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    266.51 MB

Really excellent updated.: Satisfait:
    A big thank you for all that you carried​​.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

TF... big man love coming your way!!

This is what i have been waiting for.. no more screenshots, no more videos.. but real tangible news!

Last edited by MadTommy; Oct-11-2013 at 05:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    <snip> Team Fusion is made up solely of volunteers, all unpaid and doing this for fun. We have no affiliation with any of the original development team and therefore no help in working out how the jigsaw blocks of code are put together. All of this is worked out by some truly talented minds who (I make the assumption) see things like Neo did at the end of the first Matrix film!<snip>
    You assumed correctly MP. Personally, I'm deep into reading & changing the native hex files in order to manipulate hard-coded map objects. It's a whole new world at that level! I don't see the construct any more, all I see is blonde, brunette, redhead ...

Last edited by Salmo; Oct-11-2013 at 06:04.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

An excellent post, review, precursor, announcement and its time to spend the week tossing and turning in sleepless nights and long drawn out days with the excitement and expectation of the culmination of the magnificent endeavors of those disposed to volunteer their moments of leisure to the advancement of the enjoyment of the masses.
    I have said before and now again am inclined,nay compelled to repeat my self
    never in the history of Flight Sims have the many held such gratitude to the few

Strings
    92 Sqn. Strings (GZ-O)

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic news and I hope everything goes well and we will be able to hit the skies in 4.0 next week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thanks to all involved.....giving something like this to our community...Its brilliant...

~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sounds good, shall clear my date book...

Ptsshh I don't have a date book

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A really big big THANK YOU all TF!

Great news, an I hope brilliant future
    keep it coming!
    Phenom II X4 970 3,5 Ghz, Gigabyte 890GPA UD3H, 8GB RAM GSKILL RIP-JAWS 1333, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB, W7 64
    www.alasdeacero.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A huge thanks for the status update - a great text to read, written very passionatly and informativly!

Though being disappointed that it will take another week as I already prepared myself for the patch this week; basically, already for last week; even already for a couple of weeks ago. Of course, mainly a result of unexpected bugs showing their ugly face but for some degree also a result of very cryptic time estimations. What was there to lose if you had already announced last weekend that the patch wouldn't see light this Friday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    360.3 KB

Great news!!

Without you (TF) i would have deinstalled CLOD. Thanks to you guys i have it on my HDD.
    So why should i be frustrated when the patch is not released. There is no reason for me. I have to honour all you TF guys. You all working so hard and making not a good you are makingthe best job here for us.

Thank you very much

Great job

LC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi DUI.
    What was there to lose?
    Trust, respect, confidence, face!

The above update is an honest reflection of what was and has been going on behind the scenes. Last Friday the 18th of October wasn't even being considered, so we couldn't announce it.

It s only down to the superb team.effort that has brought the patch together so quickly that next week has become an.option.

Realistically, we could carry on adding more and more...and never release a patch publically, but at some point you have to draw a line, collate and compile all the working features and then step.forward.

So to answer your initial question again, we don't want to give a date when we have no idea if will will attain it and secondly we couldn't announce it last-week as we didn't have a date nailed down.

Anyway, as you know now, we really are almost there

Keep the faith, cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks to all involved in the TF. You do a great job.
    http://www.311raf.com/images/signature/sigsmall_Cibule.jpg

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hi DUI.
    What was there to lose?
    Trust, respect, confidence, face!

The above update is an honest reflection of what was and has been going on behind the scenes. Last Friday the 18th of October wasn't even being considered, so we couldn't announce it.

It s only down to the superb team.effort that has brought the patch together so quickly that next week has become an.option.

Realistically, we could carry on adding more and more...and never release a patch publically, but at some point you have to draw a line, collate and compile all the working features and then step.forward.

So to answer your initial question again, we don't want to give a date when we have no idea if will will attain it and secondly we couldn't announce it last-week as we didn't have a date nailed down.

Anyway, as you know now, we really are almost there

Keep the faith, cheers, MP
    MP, I may be wrong here but I think he is asking why last week you couldn't of let people know it WOULDNT be out this week. I'm guessing a lot of people were under the impression that it would be out this week so maybe a timeline then would of been welcomed. Personally I think people are forgetting you were lets say not feeling your best last week but there we go... Its always the same with patches, you cant please everyone all the time
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MP, you got me wrong. I think to anounce specific release dates without knowing for sure that they can be kept is the worst thing for all. I still have an "end of August/beginning of September" release information in my head.

What I wanted to say: I much prefer statements like "not within the next x days/weeks/months" over announcements like "we are almost there" or "finally, we are almost there". Personally, I regard this the more respectful way of communication with less disappointment involved. I mean, you probably already knew two weeks ago that it won't be last week, and last week that it won't be this week.

Edit: Yes, yes, exactly how Jamz interpreted my post.
    Last edited by DUI; Oct-11-2013 at 07:26.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic update, many thanks to all the TF members involved in this process - for their passion, hard work, and dedication to continually improving this fantastic sim!
    I am very excited about the possibility of seeing this latest update next weekend!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Supporting Member No.401_Alpine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.59 MB

Thank you for all of the hard work TF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast