Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to adjust joystick curves on ANY joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to adjust joystick curves on ANY joystick

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Hi Klem!

I'm afraid you have to leave test mode enabled. This is how I've been running it for over a year now. Possible solutions:

1.) find a different virtual joystick program that either has signed drivers or doesn't need to use them(doubtful though)
    2.) There is a utility that removes the test mode watermark in the lower right corner, see if you can google it. I'm not using it as I never even notice the test mode watermark anymore.

Small devs like the one behind vjoy simply won't pay microsoft license fees every year to have a driver out, that's the problem.

hope this helps..?
    Thanks hnbdgr, I had just cone to that conclusion after a couple of re-installs.

What are the risks of running in Test Mode all the time?
    klem
    http://firebirds.2ndtaf.org.uk/

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 3.6 GHz / 12Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked /128Gb SSD + 256Gb SSD/ Corsair 750HXUK 750W PSU
    Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / 3 x AOC 27" e2752vq @ 1920x1080 in Nvidia "Surround" plus 23" 1920x1080 instruments display below/ TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro, MFG Crosswind Rudders / CH CM

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I use this Vjoy.... Virtual Joystick Driver v1.2 (Driver Only) http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy and don't have the test mode problem.

When I used vjoy from xedocproject.com website it ran in test mode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

I don't think there is any real harm for running windows in test mode for the advanced user. Afaik it allows you run unsigned drivers, that's about it. Won't compromise security or cause conflicts... However if the vjoy that 9./JG52 Lopp referenced works without it, that's even better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.4 KB

After installing and creating virtual joy via VJoy software I tried to install Joystick Curves and.... yeah:

wt.jpg

Anybody could tell my what should I do with it? How to install Joystick curves properly?

@Edit

I'm attaching a setup log file which I found in my Temp folder as that error directed me:

The following properties have been set:
    Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
    Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
    Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
    Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
    Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.3 {version}
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
    Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
    Unable to read registry value
    Not setting value for property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)':
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
    Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion' was not defined
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    EULA for components 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' was accepted.
    Copying files to temporary directory "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tm p\"
    Downloading files to "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tm p\"
    (2014-09-13 02:51:13) Downloading 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe' from 'http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=182805' to 'C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tmp\'
    Download completed at 2014-09-13 02:51:15
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tmp\Dot NetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
    WinVerifyTrust returned 0
    File trusted
    Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)', phase BeforePackage
    Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
    Unable to read registry value
    Not setting value for property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion'
    The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)':
    Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe'
    Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
    Skipping ByPassIf because Property 'DotNet40Full_TargetVersion' was not defined
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'AdminUser' and value 'false': false
    Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.1.2': false
    Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'ProcessorArchitecture' and value 'IA64': false
    Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe' is 'Install'
    'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: Install Needed
    Verifying file integrity of C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tmp\Dot NetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe
    WinVerifyTrust returned 0
    File trusted
    Installing using command 'C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4446.tmp\Do tNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe' and parameters ' /q /norestart /ChainingPackage FullX64Bootstrapper /lcid 1033'
    Process exited with code 9
    Status of package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' after install is 'InstallFailed'
    Just in case. I can't find any informations about it on the Internet. I hope that helped understanding my problem to more experienced users.

Best regards,
    Chaos
    Last edited by Chaos; Sep-12-2014 at 21:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.4 KB

Well, sorry for the previous useless post but my problem is already solved I thought there is problem with access to the temp file by the installation but I was forced to reboot my computer due to high memory usage (I have only 4 GB RAM , waiting for a delivery with the second stick). After rebooting the installation went successful. I'm not going to delete previous reply as it may be helpful for others.
    Thank you hnbdgr for this thread. Might be useful for me. I'm on my way to test my own curves in CloD. THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Well, sorry for the previous useless post but my problem is already solved I thought there is problem with access to the temp file by the installation but I was forced to reboot my computer due to high memory usage (I have only 4 GB RAM , waiting for a delivery with the second stick). After rebooting the installation went successful. I'm not going to delete previous reply as it may be helpful for others.
    Thank you hnbdgr for this thread. Might be useful for me. I'm on my way to test my own curves in CloD. THANKS!

no problem, hope it helps & I'm glad you managed to solve that issue

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I can't tell from the screenshots, will this allow you to adjust trim also?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ow-Chi View Post
    Hi Owchi, Well I suppose it could. But it's something I never tried or were inclined to try. what would be the advantage in having a custom curve on a trim axis...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Ow-Chi View Post
    Confirmed, you can.

Dark
    AMD Phenom X6 3,8 - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 - 8GB - Win7/64 - ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 - Soundblaster Z - Saitek x55 Rhino - Saitek Combat Pedals - TIR 4 - Dell 29"/21:9 + 3x Dell 22"/16:10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by hnbdgr View Post
    Hi Owchi, Well I suppose it could. But it's something I never tried or were inclined to try. what would be the advantage in having a custom curve on a trim axis...?
    The trim in CLoD is crazy sensitive, I barely touch one of the rotaries and it goes a long way. Had the same issue in IL2 but was able to adjust with curves.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
    Confirmed, you can.

Dark
    Excellent!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Need to warm up the thread,

i was using this combination a few years ago and was very pleased with it.
    Unfortunately it doesn´t work with Blitz for me.
    It seems to be related to joystick curves, not vjoy.
    When i try to start Blitz with it, the game freezes before the intro.
    When i turn on Joystick Curves after game start, it goona freeze when the flight starts.
    When i turn on Joystick Curves after spawning already in, it freezes immediatly.

As soon as i turn of Joystick Curves, the freezed game goes on with any problems.

I even was able to set up the Axis´s in the Game without problem. But on intro and the 3d(Flying) part, problem occures.

Does someone have the same problem or is someone at least flying with it sucesfully?
    May be some advice to me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

When i turn on Joystick Curves after game start, it goona freeze when the flight starts.
    When i turn on Joystick Curves after spawning already in, it freezes immediatly.

As soon as i turn of Joystick Curves, the freezed game goes on with any problems.

I even was able to set up the Axis´s in the Game without problem. But on intro and the 3d(Flying) part, problem occures.

Does someone have the same problem or is someone at least flying with it sucesfully?
    Hey I'm on win7 here it still works, albeit I use a very old version of joycurves, can't remember exact one, but haven't updated for 3-4 years

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, thank you, so it looks like a mess on my PC (I am using Win7 aswell).

I´ll try to fond out whats the problem.

So conce more thanks a lot.

Best regards
    Apache

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Hey Apache,

Had the same problem. Turned out I had both versions of vJoy drivers installed.

By using just this one:

http://www.xedocproject.com/headsoft_vjoy_1_2.exe

The freezes were gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12