Thread: 4 things you can do to kill microstutters

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

4 things you can do to kill microstutters

Ok guys...I collected all the stuff which can help with microstutters, so the guys who will need fixes have em all in one post.....

Fix 1) Click START ^ Control panel ^ Programs ^ Programs an Features; Go to Microsoft. NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Double click on it , An repair it , After repair it will ask restart your computer, do it. Then go to C PROGRAM FILES X86/ Steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/redist/DirectX/ Scroll down til you see DXSETUP Double click on it , an run it (install). Thats it. NOTE: Some of you may have other version of Framework (4.5, on example). Just do everything as described above with the version you have.
    Fix 2) In the main install folder of the TF modd game you will find a folder called "speech". So you need to go to:
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\parts\bob\
    Once you have located it rename it to "-Speech" (without the quotes). This way you will turn off speech (radio chatter voices) which can cause stutters in game...
    Fix 3) Disable Core parking of Win 7 (CPU cores not working equally which can cause performance issues and stutters in games).
    - Go to Regedit (start/Run/type regedit)
    - Select Edit > Find... and find this key: " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "
    - Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax " This value represents the % number of cores the system will park
    - Change the value of " ValueMax" to 0 so that, it matches " ValueMin "
    - You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system. To do this go back up to Edit > Find Next. (I had 3 instances of this key in my registry.)
    - Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start.
    Fix 4) Install FPS limiter and set it to run with windows....start up the program and set FPS limit to 40 or 45...this way you will limit you fps to 40 or 45 and have smoother game and no stutters....
    download fps limiter
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Nov-04-2013 at 16:53.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

2. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Novice Pilot Stab I./JG 51 - Gaiser's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: 4 things you can do to kill microstutters

Riva says 64 bits system are not supported!

I cannot find speech path

thanks for the summery

duke

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

For nVidia Inspector users instead of Fix 4 you can just limit FPS in Inspector without using additional program.

I'd like some more comments on Disable Core parking.

Thanks,
    Sabrefly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by doebro2010 View Post
    Riva says 64 bits system are not supported!
    Its working flawlessly on my Win7 pro 64 bit....

Quote Originally Posted by doebro2010 View Post
    I cannot find speech path
    go to the:

speech folder is there
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

[QUOTE=Sabrefly;72735]For nVidia Inspector users instead of Fix 4 you can just limit FPS in Inspector without using additional program.

Where is the place in nvidia inspector where the FPS can be limited?

Novice Pilot Stab I./JG 51 - Gaiser's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

In the nvidia inspector (if you have the right one selected) there is in the common section a line
    which says: Frame Rate Limiter
    you need the NI from Orbmu2k

Furthermore I found out for myself that the limiter doesnot work for me It gives no working vsync.
    I have vsync in nvidia inspector at force on and then it is ok , will probebly stay at 60 hz monitor refresh rate.
    As soon as use the limiter to another figure then it looks like the vsync doesnot work
    so without is perfect for me.

Asking for the test result of parking:
    I already have this via FSX I discovered that point and already changed that in windows regedit.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

The picture should not tear if (example):

1) Your monitor refresh rate 60Hz
    2) Set Frame Rate Limiter 30 fps
    3) Set Vertical Sync 1/2 Refresh Rate
    4) Turn off Veritcal Sync in the Game's video settings.

Mind you, the latest nVidia driver (331.65) doesn't seem to work in vertical sync. You may want to try the previous official one.

I have a fast machine therefore I ended up with just Vertical Sync: Adaptive and Vertical Sync: Force on.

Limiting to 30 fps may be good if you have a medium range machine.

Sabrefly.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fwiw,

Regarding vsync working or not:
    I was running the 327.23 Nvidia drivers. Had frame rate locked at 30 fps, and vysnc force on ( disabled in game) , in Nvidia Inspector. All worked well.
    Updated to the latest drivers - 331.65.
    After updating, I lost vsync with the above settings. I then enabled it in the sim, still no vsync. I was pulling my hair out. I then rolled back to the 327.23 drivers, and all was well again, with vsync forced on, and fps limited to 30 fps in Inspector.

Not sure what the deal with 331.65 is, and why vsync does not seem to be working - at least with having my fps locked at 30 max, but it was not.
    I may try doing a clean install of the drivers, and play around with it some more to narrow the problem down more - but for now, I am happy just staying with 327.23. I am doing a new system build in Dec and will be installing a new card anyway, so may just leave well enough alone for now.

But I can certainly attest, that setting my fps limit to 30, it eliminated most of any stuttering I had.
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Just a small note...there were some concerns regarding fix 3 as it is "messing up with the registry". Its 100% safe. BUT if you feel uncomfortable to change anything in registry - then pls dont do it. Every change you do is your call. But as I heard from friends it is a good fix not only for sims but for other games (even for BF series hehe) where it can improve things. That is because, by default win7 have problem with unequal core usage (this is fixed in win8 AFAIK)...
    BTW, anyways, its always good to backup registry before making any changes.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Nov-06-2013 at 06:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Core unparking utility win7

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-...arking-Utility

Edit: Information gathered at 1cforum

Look there ProcessAffinityMask option in section [rts]
    Remove the sign ; in front of him.

And exposes its value in accordance with the number of cores a processor, namely:
    2 cores - 3
    3 core - 7
    4 cores - 15
    6 cores - 63
    8 cores - 255

In my case (Core i5-750) 4 core - put 15. Conclusion: The uniform loading of all cores. In a game where everything is - friezes are but minor

Affinity mask settings

=1 - core 0
    =2 - core 1
    =3 - core 0+1
    =4 - core 2
    =5 - core 0+2
    =6 - core 1+2
    =7 - core 0+1+2
    =8 - core 3
    =9 - core 0 + 3
    =10 - core 1 + 3
    =11 - core 0 + 2 + 3
    =12 - core 2 + 3
    =13 - core 0 + 2 + 3
    =14 - core 1 + 2 + 3
    =15 - core 0 + 1 + 2 + 3
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; Nov-06-2013 at 07:41.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Disabling the core parking function in windows is always a good performance booster for gaming.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.36 MB

Disabling the core parking.

Basically if you are using Processor Power Management in Windows 7 & 8 at any setting under 100% then you are using core parking.
    If you don’t want to use core parking:
    via Control Panel > Power Options > Pick your Power scheme(s) > Change plan settings > Processor power management > set Minimum processor state to 100% > press Apply and OK buttons.
    or
    From Microsoft White Paper – Performance Tuning Guidelines for Windows Server 2012
    To turn off core parking, set the Processor Performance Core Parking Minimum Cores parameter to 100 percent by using the following commands:
    Powercfg -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor CPMINCORES 100
    Powercfg -setactive scheme_current
    poweroptions13245676.jpg
    http://www.tweakhound.com/2013/07/15...-core-parking/

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Great thread Tvrdi and good post milky.
    I had somehow missed one scheme in my registry and this made it obvious!
    many thanks
    Slot
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

Just bumping this up for anybody still suffering with stutters, i have done i think all the suggested standard fixes over time but with no real effect in fixing my stutters , i did the "Core parking" fix over the weekend and WOW!! its worked for me much much smoother game play and my 770 is hitting 60fps nearly all the time previous to that FPS would jump down and back up all the time, i shall try the new sound fix next which hopefully will get rid of the last remaining small stutters which the radio chatter causes.

S! Tvrdi
    =BKHZ=

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Please check http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10031 regarding stutters caused by Radar Operator speech.

Core parking: can some1 pls tell me for what kind of CPUs this would be helpful?
    I have an i5 760, is it also "affected" by core parking?

rgds

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    161.38 MB

For info my CPU i7 950 3.07GHz, with O/C profile @ 4.00GHz
    =BKHZ=

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by JG4_sKylon View Post
    Please check http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=10031 regarding stutters caused by Radar Operator speech.

Core parking: can some1 pls tell me for what kind of CPUs this would be helpful?
    I have an i5 760, is it also "affected" by core parking?

rgds
    As it is a windows thing, I think all CPUs are affected, so yes...
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great tips! Especially regarding the core parking thingie. TY!

20. Likes MezzA liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.53 MB

can agree the core parking trick has made a small but noticeable difference in performance on my mid/low-end system.
    *edit running a Strix GTX960 2GBOC.. and blitz seems to run pretty well(for reference to the 4gb min set by TFS)
    Last edited by MezzA; Dec-19-2017 at 13:16.
    Asus B350-Plus, AMD Ryzen5 5600 3.6Ghz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, XFX 6700XT 12Gb
    Iiyama 27" monitor 2560 x 1440
    Thrustmaster FCS PS3 EYE LED Tracking

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
    Ok guys...I collected all the stuff which can help with microstutters, so the guys who will need fixes have em all in one post.....

Fix 1) Click START ^ Control panel ^ Programs ^ Programs an Features; Go to Microsoft. NET Framework 4 Client Profile. Double click on it , An repair it , After repair it will ask restart your computer, do it. Then go to C PROGRAM FILES X86/ Steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/redist/DirectX/ Scroll down til you see DXSETUP Double click on it , an run it (install). Thats it. NOTE: Some of you may have other version of Framework (4.5, on example). Just do everything as described above with the version you have.
    Fix 2) In the main install folder of the TF modd game you will find a folder called "speech". So you need to go to:
    Once you have located it rename it to "-Speech" (without the quotes). This way you will turn off speech (radio chatter voices) which can cause stutters in game...
    Fix 3) Disable Core parking of Win 7 (CPU cores not working equally which can cause performance issues and stutters in games).
    - Go to Regedit (start/Run/type regedit)
    - Select Edit > Find... and find this key: " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "
    - Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax " This value represents the % number of cores the system will park
    - Change the value of " ValueMax" to 0 so that, it matches " ValueMin "
    - You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system. To do this go back up to Edit > Find Next. (I had 3 instances of this key in my registry.)
    - Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start.
    Fix 4) Install FPS limiter and set it to run with windows....start up the program and set FPS limit to 40 or 45...this way you will limit you fps to 40 or 45 and have smoother game and no stutters....
    download fps limiter
    Is FIX 2) still valid for the current CoD Blitz?
    Is FIX 3) not needed for Win10x64?

Thanks.

PS: FIX 4) In the recent nVidia drivers you can use Max Frame Rate setting, say, set it @30 FPS for a 60Hz monitor. It runs great and you won't need any vertical synchronization. In NCP/Program settings, add c:\..\steam\..\launcher64.exe to bind the settings to CoD. This setting limits FPS properly and TIR5 runs smooth here.
    Last edited by Sabrefly; Mar-24-2020 at 18:30.

23. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    Is FIX 2) still valid for the current CoD Blitz?
    Is FIX 3) not needed for Win10x64?

Thanks.

PS: FIX 4) In the recent nVidia drivers you can use Max Frame Rate setting, say, set it @30 FPS for a 60Hz monitor. It runs great and you won't need any vertical synchronization. In NCP/Program settings, add c:\..\steam\..\launcher64.exe to bind the settings to CoD. This setting limits FPS properly and TIR5 runs smooth here.
    Hi Sabrefly, I can not help you with your questions about Fix 2 & 3, sorry, but I have a question about your PS. Where do I find NCP/Program settings?

I have resisted limiting frame rates in game for some time, but today I took the plunge as a stutter got me killed the other day. Hopefully this will help.

Welcome to CLOD, I see you are going through PC setup, and now key bindings, your next questions I think will be on Loadout, lol, that is just a guess of course. When you are ready I suggest you take Marlow's invitation and spend some time flying with him on line. Best of luck with it all.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Can’t work out how to do Fix 1 in the current windows 10 build, anyone help?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Not sure, everything I've read is that is is integrated into Windows 10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Have a look in this folder, and its subfolders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet

Me thinks running the .cmd files in there as Administrator should do the re-install/repair
    (ignore the noop.cmd though)

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Have a look in this folder, and its subfolders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet

Me thinks running the .cmd files in there as Administrator should do the re-install/repair
    (ignore the noop.cmd though)
    Fix1 is a maintenance, unless you messed up your OS or game installation is not really needed.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    Hi Sabrefly, I can not help you with your questions about Fix 2 & 3, sorry, but I have a question about your PS. Where do I find NCP/Program settings?

I have resisted limiting frame rates in game for some time, but today I took the plunge as a stutter got me killed the other day. Hopefully this will help.

Welcome to CLOD, I see you are going through PC setup, and now key bindings, your next questions I think will be on Loadout, lol, that is just a guess of course. When you are ready I suggest you take Marlow's invitation and spend some time flying with him on line. Best of luck with it all.
    You need to install one of the recent nVidia drivers. Then launch nVidia Control Panel (NCP). Select Manage 3D settings in the left pane, then click on Program Settings tab. First add Launcher64.exe from your Il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover blitz folder to the program to customize. In the Feature list find and select Max Frame Rate. Make sure to set exactly 30 FPS (in the box) if you have a 60Hz monitor. Click Ok and apply. Game runs very smooth here with TIR5.

Btw, is there Show FPS binding in the Controls? I recall you could somehow invoke the counter in the Console, but I'm not sure it was CoD. I use the one available in Steam, but the ingame counter would be much more convenient.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrefly View Post
    You need to install one of the recent nVidia drivers. Then launch nVidia Control Panel (NCP). Select Manage 3D settings in the left pane, then click on Program Settings tab. First add Launcher64.exe from your Il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover blitz folder to the program to customize. In the Feature list find and select Max Frame Rate. Make sure to set exactly 30 FPS (in the box) if you have a 60Hz monitor. Click Ok and apply. Game runs very smooth here with TIR5.

Btw, is there Show FPS binding in the Controls? I recall you could somehow invoke the counter in the Console, but I'm not sure it was CoD. I use the one available in Steam, but the ingame counter would be much more convenient.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the help with the NVida Control Panel.

You can show FPS via the games console command. The default key for that is the slash key / Hitting the slash key should get you into console mode. But before you do that you will need to enter these two lines into the RCU file. Just put them as the bottom two lines.

@a aa fps START SHOW
    @a as fps HIDE STOP

In the above, aa enter will start the FPS counter and AS enter will stop it. The count should appear at the center top of your screen. You will have to be in the console for the "aa" and "as" commands to work. Once activated you can get out of console and the count will continue until stopped.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

31. Likes Sabrefly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Open the console and type:

Code:
    fps SHOW START
    to start and show the fps counter and

Code:
    fps STOP HIDE
    to stop and hide it again.

Edit: And Little Bill was faster... :-)

33. Likes Sabrefly liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.38 MB

Another tip for game fluidity - try to assign your apps' exes, running alongside Launcher64.exe, like TrackIR.exe for example, to the higher Core numbers.
    my I9 900K CPU (HT Off) runs Launcher64.exe on the following CPU Cores:

0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 (The count starts from Core 0 that is the one to the right, it =1 in this case). Maybe even 6 Cores are still too many for CoD Blitz, I'll test 4 cores later on.

My apps, like Steam.exe, TrackIR.exe and GFKeys.exe are all limited to the following higher 2 cores only:

1 1 0 0 0 0 0 (The count starts from Core 0 that is the one to the right, it =0 in this case)

I start CoD with a batch file.

This way the apps won't bunch up on the first and second cores, that are usually very busy with simulator's frames building tasks (any simulator you take).

I've checked the performance over London - it's butter-smooth. I wish I could increase buildings' LOD radius though, my UI Video settings are at Max already.

Thanks for the FPS counter tip.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Sabrefly; Mar-26-2020 at 17:49.