Thread: Having trouble downloading huge TF update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Team Fusion v2 (4.00) Mod is Now Available.

Quote Originally Posted by eyusuf View Post
    Thanks for the mod.

Is there anyway we could have a download with resume functionality. My connection is slow and my download keeps stopping.

Thanks.
    Here's a little trick I've used my self...
    Using Firefox, it will store a temporary file in the same place you select to save the download. This file will be the same file name with an extension .part.

The .part file is where the actual download data goes until it finishes and then is renamed to the real file name.

Ok, now the trick whenever your download stops...
    - Copy or rename the .part file to another file name
    - Start the download again
    - after a few kilo bytes of download, pause the download
    - With the download paused, replace the newly created .part file with the one you copied in step 1
    - Restart the download and watch it take off from the point it was in the bigger file

The thing is, hightail does support resume but only after a few minutes of starting a new download so, what we are doing above is tricking it into thinking is a fresh download and tricking firefox into thinking is the old download.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Having trouble downloading huge TF update?

Snapper,

How did you start a thread in my name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Ha! Guess I did! I simply copied and pasted your EXCELLENT post to here and the forum gods saw fit to give you full credit! LOL

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I really want to get this DL to play online. Its a 23hr DL at 1.2 gig for the 1st part of the 2 part 4 patch (LOL, that make sense?)

The Dl keeps stopping and I keep restarting. Not sure I understood what you typed above as a solution for Firefox. Its possible the size of the DL is preventing people upgrading to the full version and from there going online. I really want this DL but its killing my Aussie tin can connection.

I hear fantastic things about the work you guys did on this game and I want in. Is there no other way to Dl these patches other than through Hightail?

Any assistance or advice appreciated.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Hi Sp00k,

Try this link instead: https://s3.amazonaws.com/TFMOD/TF+MO...r+Complete.rar

This is the complete 4.0 package.

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Sp00k View Post
    I really want to get this DL to play online. Its a 23hr DL at 1.2 gig for the 1st part of the 2 part 4 patch (LOL, that make sense?)

The Dl keeps stopping and I keep restarting. Not sure I understood what you typed above as a solution for Firefox. Its possible the size of the DL is preventing people upgrading to the full version and from there going online. I really want this DL but its killing my Aussie tin can connection.

I hear fantastic things about the work you guys did on this game and I want in. Is there no other way to Dl these patches other than through Hightail?

Any assistance or advice appreciated.

Cheers

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Thats just part 1 and 2 right? or does it include 4.30 and 4.312?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Sp00k View Post
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated. Thats just part 1 and 2 right? or does it include 4.30 and 4.312?
    That is just 4.0, but instead of a part 1 and 2, it's the complete 4.0 that's all in one package.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Has this link https://s3.amazonaws.com/TFMOD/TF+MO...r+Complete.rar gone down? Half way through the DL and cant get it to pick up again. Link appears to time out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Delete reference to the above. C Drive was full. Made some space and DL resumed.

Ill get there eventually