Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming soon from Air Combat Group.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Coming soon from Air Combat Group.....

Coming soon from Air Combat Group.....

I think the video says it all...

This is something we're working on in Air Combat Group, we are also soon to be starting an historical campaign where our squadrons can immerse in history and pay tribute to those who fought and died in the European skies all those years ago. We are recruiting new pilots of course so you can be involved if this is of interest - Allied and Axis pilots of any standard are welcome. For more information visit our website and forums, PM me or drop by our Teamspeak - details are here or see my signature.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Coming soon from Air Combat Group.....

Very nice video. Leaves you wanting for more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

What a wonderfull piece of cinema from Bonkin. Congratulations and thank you for putting the time and effort to do it. Just marvellous.

I do have a question for him: Has Bonkin used static cameras for the films shots or were they done in "Wonder woman" (invisible plane) option?

@Colander: you noticed the lack of clouds on the external views? (hint hint )

@Osprey: Thank you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

yes, very nice video!!!!

"My idea of flying is to have a group take off together, stick together, fight together, try to accomplish the mission together and hopefully all land together" - AKA_Recon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Beautiful video! Wonderful scenes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Straight into the top 10 CloD-Videos ever been made!
    MSI GAMING G65 // i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ // ASUS GTX 780 CUll // 8GB RAM (@1600mhz) // Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Version
    Thrustmaster T16000 + Saitek x52 Throttle // Saitek Throttle Quadrant // MFG Crosswind Pedals // Track IR 5

www.jagdgeschwader4.de

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great vid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Beautiful footage...great angles and action passing action shots....Bring it on!!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Great video

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    141.17 MB

just fantastic ,see you soon

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

As usual great job by Bonkin.Those filming sessions are/were worth it.

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Jamz Dackel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.0 KB

Very Good ~S~
    https://ibb.co/vqQKb5H

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    What a wonderfull piece of cinema from Bonkin. Congratulations and thank you for putting the time and effort to do it. Just marvellous.

I do have a question for him: Has Bonkin used static cameras for the films shots or were they done in "Wonder woman" (invisible plane) option?

You're welcome, and I'm sure Bonks will be flattered with the feedback. This is just a trailer, we're working on a full thing and although we have a great deal of footage already it'll still take a while I suspect, I'm not committing Bonkin to a time.

There are no secrets here, our 'solution' to the angles issue was provided by the classic film "The Battle of Britain" all those years ago

United Artists B-25

Bonkin Productions Blenheim

What you need though is people, organisation and co-operation for those flights and the wonderful historically accurate skins created for all of our pilots by Robo and Kristorf, but mainly the talent because one has to have the vision of it all. It should be a great advert for COD when completed.

Still, we need to work to finish it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Absolutely breathtaking.
    Can't wait.
    S!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Colander: you noticed the lack of clouds on the external views? (hint hint )

Thanks for the positive feedback all. Much appreciated. I think Osprey has answered the question about static cameras - but yes, I did dot a few around as well.

As for clouds - well we started recording when TF3 was around and I didn't want to risk having issues with "pop up" clouds in the recordings so I opted for clear skies for the sake of simplicity. TF4 has changed that of course - but we've got a story mapped out and parts have already been filmed - so unfortunately, for continuity reasons, we can't put them in now.

Team Fusion will obviously be getting a mention in the credits. I'm still in awe of what they have achieved.

(I've also added a wishlist item in this thread for a track player that can go backwards! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Wow! That was a fantastic video!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Once again thank you for making that piece of art. Yes, ive seen Osprey explanation on how it was made, nice skin

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkin View Post

As for clouds - well we started recording when TF3 was around and I didn't want to risk having issues with "pop up" clouds in the recordings so I opted for clear skies for the sake of simplicity. (...)
    Maybe you are not aware, or maybe that is a non-issue for recordings made on ACG (you should check given a chance), but since ATAG is a full real server to enable the outside views the tracks have to be processed by a utiliy available on the forum and, when that happens, the clouds are "deleted" which is really a shame. (2nd hint hint on the same thread -im getting good at this- ).

(I've also added a wishlist item in this thread for a track player that can go backwards! )
    Yes ive seen it and i tottaly wish for it also, but since IL2 days the continuity of a trk file cannot be rewind for some reason. Its a shame and since its the same trk recording process im afraid we will never see that.

Nevetheless if it ever could be brought to life it would be a huge step foward for movie making time saving and film scenes.
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; Nov-12-2013 at 20:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That was absolutely AMAZING!!!!

If someone watches that and doesn't want to fly then he has no pulse.

Great job!
    Happy Hunting,

Dutch

Good Grief. Absolutely stunning job. Mucho Kudos to all participants, but especially Bonkin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    Straight into the top 10 CloD-Videos ever been made!
    +1

A simply breathtaking video – superb - just plain off the fantastic scale! - takes me right back to 1940!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Once again thank you for making that piece of art. Yes, ive seen Osprey explanation on how it was made, nice skin

Maybe you are not aware, or maybe that is a non-issue for recordings made on ACG (you should check given a chance), but since ATAG is a full real server to enable the outside views the tracks have to be processed by a utiliy available on the forum and, when that happens, the clouds are "deleted" which is really a shame. (2nd hint hint on the same thread -im getting good at this- ).
    Two things prevent this really.

1. Skins. We use historical ones, each is a 'real' aircraft with S/N from the BoB
    2. Interference. The map may restart, we may get bombs going off but worse, we'll get others in the shot we don't want there, who may even shoot at us when we don't want them to

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Brilliant video!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Stunning !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

BRAVO .... BRAVO ..... MORE PLEASE ...... Great trailer ..... when does the move come out?

SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Maybe you are not aware, or maybe that is a non-issue for recordings made on ACG (you should check given a chance), but since ATAG is a full real server to enable the outside views the tracks have to be processed by a utiliy available on the forum and, when that happens, the clouds are "deleted" which is really a shame..
    Ahh I get your point now. During our recording sessions we run our own server through a lobby - so if we want clouds we can have them and they will appear in the tracks. I am aware of ATAG's outside view track processor but wasn't aware it removed the clouds? Quite some talent creating that though tbh - Colander wasn't it? I had a go myself at creating something similar but found my byte analysis of the tracks to be a complete waste of time. Quite beyond my programming skills really - but thankfully we found a way around the limitations of it (skins) when running our own server - otherwise this production would have been dead in the water because it is important to us to use the skins.

Yes ive seen it and i tottaly wish for it also, but since IL2 days the continuity of a trk file cannot be rewind for some reason. Its a shame and since its the same trk recording process im afraid we will never see that.
    I suppose Colander would know... I couldn't work out whether the track file was recording full data values (attitude, position etc), or changes to data values. If it is the latter then yes, no chance of going backwards because you wouldn't have the state data, but, if full values are recorded then theoretically it should be possible.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    196.73 MB

my god that was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

That's just too awesome. I'll watch that every day now, great work! And a movie on the way??? HOLY JEBUS!!!! That blennie skin is too cool, look like someone even took a shot at you once lol! Brilliant vid, looking forward to the rest!!!!!!!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    That blennie skin is too cool, look like someone even took a shot at you once lol!
    They did - luckily Cecil B DeBonkin always has a few spare camera ships up his rather wafty sleeve.

On a good day you can still hear the rumble of the Merlin flying overhead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

I couldn't work out whether the track file was recording full data values (attitude, position etc), or changes to data values. If it is the latter then yes, no chance of going backwards because you wouldn't have the state data, but, if full values are recorded then theoretically it should be possible.
    More like the latter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    More like the latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast