Thread: Warning!!

Dutch

Warning!!

Seriously you chaps. this thing is totally addictive and will clear your wallet out in no time at all.

Me and the Mrs decided to buy a Freelancer, so we could make our fortune in the 'verse as man and wife. Since then, I've spent a stupid amount of money on spaceships (read 'cars'), because I think I have some sort of 'plan'. I don't have a plan, I have no idea of how the game works, but Jesus, it looks just fantastic. Even if all I can do is run around saying 'look at my posh ships'.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time just wandering around the hangar saying 'wow, that's impressive'.

Don't go there. You have been warned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Re: Warning!!

I've got an Aurora LN parked in the slums. I go there often for a walk around, but only because I'm worried someone's gonna pinch the hubcaps.....Sometimes I'm glad I have no money...

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Freya View Post
    I'm worried someone's gonna pinch the hubcaps.
    So you parked it in Liverpool then?

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
    Seriously you chaps. this thing is totally addictive and will clear your wallet out in no time at all.

Me and the Mrs decided to buy a Freelancer, so we could make our fortune in the 'verse as man and wife. Since then, I've spent a stupid amount of money on spaceships (read 'cars'), because I think I have some sort of 'plan'. I don't have a plan, I have no idea of how the game works, but Jesus, it looks just fantastic. Even if all I can do is run around saying 'look at my posh ships'.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time just wandering around the hangar saying 'wow, that's impressive'.

Don't go there. You have been warned.
    LOL!

Soon they should be enabling some of the multiplayer- so we can visit each other's hangars. I'll look out for you Dutch... Hopefully one day soon we can run some missions together

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P) View Post
    LOL!

Soon they should be enabling some of the multiplayer- so we can visit each other's hangars. I'll look out for you Dutch... Hopefully one day soon we can run some missions together
    Yep, that'd be cool. I just have to decide which ship to use, and whether I should attach the extra guns I bought. Extra guns? Already? Yep, I am that gullible. Two Omnisky VI laser cannons, whatever that means. I've even bought a ship which doesn't exist yet. An M50 interceptor. And three others. Insane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

??????
    SERVING THE ROF AND BOS COMMUNITY

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    ??????
    Sorry Chiefy. If you clicked on 'New Posts', that probably didn't make any sense. But it's in the 'Star Citizen' section of the forum.

Here's a link for people to start like I did, thinking ''What is 'Star Citizen' all about?''................https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

Before you know it, you'll be thinking of Captain Kirk, Anakin Skywalker and his offspring, Captain Dallas and the HAL 9000 computer and thinking 'shit, I could be part of something like that.....'.

And then you reach for your wallet and, well the rest will depend on your 'personal circumstances'.

Edit: And here's a link to some advertising videos. They really do hook you in like you're buying a new car. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...02f8mGsml8tcK9 It's great to be involved, but expensive. With nothing much to show for it. Not that it matters much.
    Last edited by Dutch; Nov-22-2013 at 19:28.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Star Citizen could be huge, or it could be a major disappointment. I stopped at the Freelancer, but have had to forcibly stop myself from opening my wallet and buying more ships (I REALLY wanted a Starfarer,then, Banu merchantman!) I am determined to go for these ships in game.
    That man has literally made a money printing machine.
    Over 30 million dollars,when Luthier struggled to raise 150k! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Engineering Manual for Modders
    available

This one goes there, that one goes there! Learn the ins and outs of modding Star Citizens’ private servers with this helpful guide. Want to create your own ship, modify a game mechanic or build your own planet? Look no further!

$20.00 USD
    In the Physical add-ons page.

I don't think I've seen an official Modding guide for any sim.

This could be interesting.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Forgive my ignorence, disbelief, recovery of the shock,

Can someone please confirm that you pay 100 euro (plus), not for a game, but merely per ship?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

Can someone please confirm that you pay 100 euro (plus), not for a game, but merely per ship?

The pledges for the ships start at about $45USD but do go up into the $100's. The idea is that after the release you will be able to earn enough credits in game to upgrade and get better ships. Or if your a pirate , walk into a dealership and take one for a "test drive"!

Make sure you keep your insurance current or you may loose your ship!

It will be interesting to see what the gameplay is like. So far we have only seen the dog fight module and even then its all very much a work in progress.
    In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

As I understand it, your ship purchase gets you the game, buying one now gets you access to the Beta game but not the modules, you will need to pay a nominal amount for early access to those unless you were an earlier backer.

What I don't yet understand is why people are buying all the big expensive ships now, other than the perhaps laudable aim of supporting the project. It seems like they are skipping part of the fun, which for me would be starting with my little ship and gradually progressing and upgrading. I understand some have invested £1000s! Massive groups and alliances are already forming. Having said that, I am pleased to be part of ANON6 who have loads of ships already!

Septic.

http://www.anon6.com/
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I guess I understand. However, having paud -say 200€- for a ship, your insurance ran out after 30 (or 90) days.
    You fly out and some guy named Dutch steals your plane.
    You lost it?

Ps, i registered at anon6 just today

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    17.61 MB

I guess I understand. However, having paud -say 200€- for a ship, your insurance ran out after 30 (or 90) days.
    You fly out and some guy named Dutch steals your plane.
    You lost it?

Ps, i registered at anon6 just today
    Yes, but then incensed with rage you pledge your life on a decades long obsession of building up enough credit to get another ship and track down "Dutch" (found most probably in a gutter out side a an exotic "Aliens Only" dive some where on the "Rim" after selling your ship and splurging all the money of fast women, alcohol and slow multi-legged racing beasts ) and extracting your revenge!

Or maybe your could get a job flipping space burgers until you can steal someone else's ship?
    Last edited by Skoshi_Tiger; Sep-02-2014 at 08:12.
    In the past, aggressive Australian patrols have caused the enemy great embarrassment by unremittingly harassing his line of communications, destroying his dumps, and generally indulging in a "spot of bastardry." – Notes for Platoon & Section Leaders distributed to Allied Land Forces in SouthWest Pacific Area-Operations 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

I love a good Space Sim and this looks to have the potential of being good. I played Freelancer and several moods a LONG time and enjoyed it and it's community immensely. However from what little I've seen of this, as an independent developer, he's nickel & dimming his base to death. I'll let you correct me if I'm wrong.

Gone are the days when you bought a product/game and you had everything you needed to play it. Planes/ships, guns, do-dads and cup holders all cost you. It's sort of like MMO's. I realize I'm being negative. But it's only because many of us can't afford to do this. The sim itself looks to be first rate so I hope everyone has a blast and a lot of fun. I'll follow you guys and wait for some great video's.

Chief

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Skoshi_Tiger View Post
    Yes, but then incensed with rage you pledge your life on a decades long obsession of building up enough credit to get another ship and track down "Dutch" (found most probably in a gutter out side a an exotic "Aliens Only" dive some where on the "Rim" after selling your ship and splurging all the money of fast women, alcohol and slow multi-legged racing beasts ) and extracting your revenge!

Or maybe your could get a job flipping space burgers until you can steal someone else's ship?
    I was afraid of that. I'd be the ggod soul (read: sucker) that has his expensive, shiny ship taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    I love a good Space Sim and this looks to have the potential of being good. I played Freelancer and several moods a LONG time and enjoyed it and it's community immensely. However from what little I've seen of this, as an independent developer, he's nickel & dimming his base to death. I'll let you correct me if I'm wrong.

Gone are the days when you bought a product/game and you had everything you needed to play it. Planes/ships, guns, do-dads and cup holders all cost you. It's sort of like MMO's. I realize I'm being negative. But it's only because many of us can't afford to do this. The sim itself looks to be first rate so I hope everyone has a blast and a lot of fun. I'll follow you guys and wait for some great video's.

Chief
    I hear you, Chief. Where are the good old days (yep, I, too, turned into my parents/grandparents). Good old days on screens that were either b/w, orange or green.
    10Mb harddisks at home? For what monster program???
    Ok, enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

I hear you, Chief. Where are the good old days (yep, I, too, turned into my parents/grandparents). Good old days on screens that were either b/w, orange or green.
    10Mb harddisks at home? For what monster program???

Slick
    Dang Slick, when you put it that way, even I don't long for the "Good Old Days" ..... LOL