Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign-beta

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Campaign-beta

Thanks for the reply bolox,

Good to know,
    All the same, I may wait for 4.2 in that case, save me restarting.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.42 MB

mission Transfer to Kenley
    Following questions asked should be also answered in the briefing:
    - what is "RT discipline"
    - if wind is NNE then Take-off RWY heading should be towards north and so takeoff-RWY should be "N" and not RWY "S"outh.
    So all given wind directions in briefings are where the wind blows instead where the wind is comming from?
    - i am flyiing in section green and i have to do a close formation. But which formation(column, vee, line etc.) will be flown and where is my position (lead, right, left) there?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey bolox,

Just wanted to check in on this, now that 4.3 is out and I am getting back into some good campaign flying.
    Are you still working on this one or is it pretty much done at this point?

Thanks for all you guys do for us SP guys!!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I fully intend to finish this off- it's just been quite hectic recently getting patches sorted etc. Really all I've got to do is add some more life into the surroundings in the later missions, I'm experimenting with the new smoke effects so I'd like to add some of these where appropriate. No doubt I've got to go through the briefings again

Hopefully with 4.31 out of the way I can add these final tweaks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by bolox View Post
    I fully intend to finish this off- it's just been quite hectic recently getting patches sorted etc. Really all I've got to do is add some more life into the surroundings in the later missions, I'm experimenting with the new smoke effects so I'd like to add some of these where appropriate. No doubt I've got to go through the briefings again

Hopefully with 4.31 out of the way I can add these final tweaks.
    Sounds great, thanks! I have this one downloaded and ready to go, am currently working my way through the Balta for Malta so will hold out a bit...
    Thanks for the update, and again for all your efforts! I really appreciate what you guys do for the SP aspect of the sim!
    Don B

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K@4.50 ghz | Corsair H100i Cooling System | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Mhz ram | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW|2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's |NZXT Phantom 820 Case | TM Warthog w/ 7.5cm Ext by Sajah|MFG Crosswinds Pedals|Oculus Rift|Windows 10 64 Bit |

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.96 MB

Awesome, I just installed this, got through the first mission (no enemy aircraft). 2nd mission, nice and Cruzy, then wow, all those bombers and off we went ! 109's entered the picture and my HD Radion 2GB graphics let me down with the frame rate, there was too many planes

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.96 MB

Despite the sporadic frame rate problems, I was able to do some damage, at that point, 4 bombers hit, but I was also hit, my engine was dead. Before attempting an emergency landing knowing I still had some time in the air, I decided to look around me to see if there were any opportunities on the way. I saw one, a bomber just below and off at a distance to my left. Could I reach it ? I thought. So I took a dive and built up some speed and pulled back on the stick, just enough to gain some altitude back and distance, I got in range and had it burst into flames, "Well done Suncup 2"
    Another look round, I still had some altitude, but not as much. I saw another DO behind and well below just above the ground features with an engine smoking. I flipped upside down into a dive angle of 45' and it (the DO) began to pull up. I pulled back on the stick into another climb of about 35' and was heading straight for it. When I was in range, I held my finger on that button, I was hit again, I lost my ailerons. Unfortunately I hadn't configured the bailout on my controls (which are limited) and I was still heading straight for it. A collision sent me spiraling for instant death. What a Thrill I would think that the DO probably suffered the same fate. (Mission failure, 10 of us, including myself never made it back).

This inspired me to have another go. I set to autopilot for takeoff etc. I noticed after the customary circuit of the airfield that off to the right at a distance that this time, there was a second squadron of another 12 Hurricanes which did not occur in the first attempt of mission 2 !
    When we got to meeting the adversary, they had split early into separate groups, so I was able to peel off to engage in an area where there was fewer planes and subsequently, the frame rate problem was eased mostly. I was doing well, was enthusiastic, and decided to chase some Bf110's. They were up above somewhat and I realized that once I managed to get the altitude, it would take some time for me to get within range, I was already near the south coast. There was a couple of 110's behind me at that point, I had a go at them instead, with success, but lost my magneto. The others in my squadron at that point were almost back to station. It was time for me to head back, plus there was something in my path. Another group of DO's to my North. I got hits into 2 of them and carried on back to home base. To my surprise, the squadron was still circulating the airfield as if they were waiting for me to get back ! What a good bunch of chaps I also noticed some Spitfires landing in a neighboring airfield, where did they come from ? Well, all of us in my squadron made it back and the mission was a success Goes to show, if you fail the first time, give it another shot, you may have some extra friendlies in the skies.
    Would have been nice to select the German side in this mission though
    Last edited by Cruzz 88; May-29-2014 at 16:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

glad you are enjoying it

Frame rates:- yes things can get heavy at times, particularly when near large bomber formations. This seems to be a cpu issue not gpu, what processor are you running?
    Knocking down some settings can help (shadows off would be my first to go for). Extended clouds off is also an option (though I do recommend using this feature if possible- it does look good).
    I am very much pushing limits with this campaign to see what is possible.

Most missions there are other units, trains , vehicles around. Sometimes you see them , sometimes you don't, CoD's AI can be sensitive to timing/how meet enemy ac which can change how things play out. In mis 2 253 sqn should be idling in the pens waiting for 501 to clear the runway, I suspect tower ai didn't think runway was clear in your first attempt.

To improve replayability, I have some 'bonus' missions scattered throughout the campaign, if you succeed in meeting the criteria for the mission you get to fly the bonus mission, if you 'fail' you skip that mission.

To play from German side - it is possible if you copy the missions into single folder and play from thjere, selecting plane from there. There are no briefings for any of the non player planes tho

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.96 MB

Enjoying it ? Loving it !

I'm running Amd Phenom II 4x 3.2Ghz OC @ 3.45Ghz, 16gig ram 1333 OC @ 1450 Mhz (approx) with PCI-e 2.1 HD Radeon 9670 2gig 256bit bandwidth (4X Anisotropic), though the Gpu and it's ramdec is a little on the slow side being 4 years old.
    I managed to cure the Fps issue somewhat with the Afterburner Software (Limited to 30FPS, half the LCD refresh rate) and disabling Core Parking with the CPU.

Take a look at this, the coming Direct-X12 will also help. Here it is being demoed with a PC version of Forza 5 Motorsport, Awesome !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IwSzpuRR2FI
    Last edited by Cruzz 88; Jun-04-2014 at 16:57.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12