Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ju 88 Tutorials

Veteran Combat pilot MajorBorris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ju 88 Tutorials

Welcome to the ATAG server's Ju88 resource page.

The thread has evolved to incorporate many of the Ju88's abilities and with input from some the communities most esteemed Ju88 pilots our knowledge of the Ju88 is growing every day.

Below is a Ju88 quick tutorial.

LOADOUT: Take about 20% fuel and a full bomb load, 18 50kg bay1, 10 50kg bay2, 4 250kg external pylons.

For bombing operations under 1km take the type j bombs/low level (selected bay must be open and bombs armed before dive run).

BOMBS: You must select bay# or all, mode(series/salvo/single), string amount(1-24 or infinite), and distance between bombs(1/5/10 meters depending on target saturation for series) speed(set to 500/600kph for dive, you will need a last second adjustment for speed) your elevation above sea level minus elevation of target above sea level , climb to desired height(3.5km and above to use superchargers but reduce throttle before engage, you have a WEP as well)

Full accuracy needs the use of the IAS TAS conversion chart but not needed on a dive run.

ENGINE START:

1) fuel cock 1 left tank

2) fuel cock 2 right tank

3) throttle idle

4) prop pitch full

5) water/oil rads closed

6) deselect eng 2

7) eng start (sometimes they misfire, if so eng start again)

8 ) deselect eng 1

9) select eng 2

10) eng start

11) select eng 1

12) warm to 40c water temp

13) elevator trim counter clockwise 1 revolution to 12 o'clock (take off position)

14) FLAPS: There are four indents for the flap lever. Set flaps one step up from bottom lever position (Landekl) you will hear them activate, then move the lever one more step up to 0 position when the indicator under the airbrake for flaps reads .6 with the cursor or the second dot down(take off position 25 degrees deflection) The top and bottom positions stow flaps.

TAKE OFF: from a full length concrete runway like tramecourt in the ATAG server. Open water rads and oil rads 30% on taxi, open 100% on takeoff and climb. Spool engines up to 100% throttle/rpm and full pitch with toe breaks deployed, release breaks and focus on a nice straight run with no back or forward yoke pressure(tail will lift on its own) apply slight back pressure(rotate) to the yoke at 180/185 kph (any slower you will stall, faster and you will overspeed tires), gear up on positive rate, throttle back to the yellow mark on manifold ATA pressure indicator/rpm (30 mins in yellow at climb), level out and gain enough speed till you can stow the flaps(200kph or so).

CLIMB: Adjust throttle (about 2km), prop pitch and trim throughout the climb phase to keep manifold pressure 1.25 and rpm2350 and the speed at 250kph for max climb rate (about 30 mins before damage will occur) (remove front gun for better visibility in cockpit)

DIVE: Reduce throttle to 0% prop pitch to 30-50%(rpm under yellow during dive) and water rad 0% and use elevator trim for a nice dive angle or you can use the dive break but it uses a bomb drop mechanism that deploys automatically(it sets trim auto for dive) and pulls you out of dive as well(it's the same system as Ju87 Stuka), angle is steeper but speed is reduced.

That's what it takes to get the 88 started and up in the air on a full real server.

Any additional input, thoughts, opinions, etc is appreciated!

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

Re: Ju 88

Thank you very, very much ....... IF we all contribute things such as this, we'll have a deversified AF in no time. Again, thanks.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Does anybody know if the following items work in the Ju-88?

1. fuel mixture - I set the keyboard commands, but they do not appear to do anything.

2. fuel cocks #3 to #8 - these are located on a panel on the left wall, next to the undercarriage lever. Each one will switch on and off. Do they work? I know that in the real ju-88, they were used for transferring fuel from tank to tank during long trips. Is this feature modeled?

3. carburetor heater commands - do they do anything? are they needed? future use, maybe?

4. pitot tube heater - do they do anything? are they needed? future use, maybe? or just needed at higher altitudes?

5. level bombing/gyro - I have read in several forums that the gyro is not working in the Ju-88 and needs to be patched. Is this something that was confirmed by 1C? or is it that the system is too complicated and no one has figured it out? I prefer manual level bombing as opposed to the automated level bombing.....does this make a difference in getting level bombing working?

Also, looking for tips on an additional item:
    6. trim - as part of 5 above, any hints on getting proper trimming? I was successful in getting nose trimming set, but the bird likes to roll and can't seem to get the aileron or rudder trim set successfully? They seem to fight each other....probably just need some more practice, but wondering if anybody has tips.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Marmus; Jan-04-2012 at 12:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Welcome Marmis, Ill try to help but I am learning as I go too : )

1) Auto mixture since ww1 on many German planes. I think its possible to manually do the mix. There is a fuel enricher for start up and such but not modeled as of yet.

2) 1-2 external. 8 rear tank. 6/5 wing tanks. 3 forward tank, use in that order. . the main feeders have no numbers. The Ju 88 will automatically pump for you but if the pump is damaged you have to manually pump the fuel/oil, I haven’t been able to confirm if the manual pump works. With shorter trips and small fuel loads, Im not sure they have fuel but I have noticed once that the No#8 cock auto engaged when I had a leak one time.

3) Fuel injected.

4) Not sure if modeled but I use it when ambient temp reaches 0, Pitot tube’s get air pressure from outside the plane to provide pressure to instruments that use rubber diaphragms for readings like altitude speed etc. If that tube gets clogged by ice the pilot may receive erroneous readings. Modern airliners have crashed from that tube being clogged from ice or even tape.

5) In the last patch it was said that the gyro subroutine was reworked for he111 and Ju88. I don’t know what that means but I think many of us have an idea on how to set up the auto pilot just very few can get it to work on the Ju88 (one time I did on the deck) I would think having the aircraft level will make a huge difference on accuracy. There is a TAS IAS chart in the IL2 manual in your hard drive that is critical as well as the altitude of the target above see level(that’s posted some where for all airfields).

6) Set elevator trim for the phase of flight desired (climb 250kph/cruise320hph), then rudder, then elevator again then aileron.

The Ju88 is a great plane to fly and a lot of fun, if you want to join our ts3 tonight I will be on around 6pm CST. The other folks on ts3 are very helpful as well so feel free to check out ATAG coms anytime :happy

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Thanks for clarifying, MajorBorris!!

1. auto, cool.....but I kinda liked making my B-17 smoke back in IL-2:1946, LOL.

2. OK. I saw the translated pilot notes that discuss the real world fuel tanks, etc.....we will have to see how close it matches!!

3. ahhh...OK.

4. Yup, it may be like a sugar pill, but I will start to use it.

5. I will continue to fiddle with it then......I prefer to use the "Bombsight Table v2" app that I used in IL-2:1946......easier than tables. I may write a similar app for my Droid phone.

6. Thanks for the trim tips.....I have been flying for over 3 years and never really got the hang of trim....I just have a tired hand after most flights.

I have yet to get online with CloD much yet.....just adds to the confusion at this point, LOL. I find navigation in this game ALOT harder than IL-2:1946....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You would be suprised how much you can learn from some of the folks on coms and there generaly fun too:eek:

The satisfaction of defeating live targets is hard to explain but some people's teeth tingle or there heart rates go way up others gyrate there legs at high speed when there all pumped up but in general the competitive nature in many of the pilots fuels half the fun.

Also there are all skill types represented on the coms and all are respected equaly and its a rather casual group so dont feel like you have to gain a certain level of skill before jumping on coms.

As for Navigation I can help you there.

1) Open up the Map and make it as big as you can and pick a starting point and ending point.

2) R click the map.

3) Choose tools.

4) Choose the Protractor symbol and make it highlighted.

5) Click and hold the L mouse over starting point and drag the line to the end point, release L mouse.

6) Click L mouse over the starting point again and drag line due north a little bit and release.

7) The number that is revealed is subtracted from 360 giving the bearing to target.

8) The Ruler gives distance which used with speed can give times, there's a clock on the yoke in the Ju 88.

9) The Flag makes way points that can be used with time and landmarks to reference trip progress or just waypoints:uhoh.

See ya in the air

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot 335th_GRAthos's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_MajorBorris View Post
    ...many of us have an idea on how to set up the auto pilot just very few can get it to work on the Ju88
    Yeah, I can put my name on this list, no problems setting the ME110 autocourse but no luck with the JU88...

If anybody manages to make it work, I would be grateful!

~S~

PS. If anyone reads German and is interested, I have the (german) explanations for the STUKA attack run in a JU88 (Alfred Price -The Bomber in World War II)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Simply put, the course hold in the Ju88 does not work because the directional gyro does not work.

That said, some measure of stability has been found from carefully setting the course hold to the nonfunctional gyro. This however is a pain because the values on the course hold(bottom scale) and the values on the gyro(top scale) do not match up perfectly in any of the German aircraft. So, to fly a heading of 300(as read from the gyro)you must actually set the course hold to 290ish in all the German aircraft.

Normally this isn't a big deal as the aircraft will adjust itself for any small variation in heading(that's what the course hold does). However, because the gyro doesn't work, and its very tricky to decide exactly how much difference you need between gyro setting and course hold, the Ju88 will generally not fly straight and level on course hold. Instead it will forever make a small correction to the left or right.

This typically, if left unattended will result in excessive roll and eventually the dreaded "John F. Kennedy, Jr. special" death spiral. The results of which are generally disastrous.
    Last edited by Puppet; Jan-08-2012 at 02:47.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Puppet View Post
    Simply put, the course hold in the Ju88 does not work because the directional gyro does not work.
    Does not work!? Where is Collander??????

Pity, I had hoped they had fixed it

Thanks for the explanations

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

"Reworked bombardier cockpits in aircraft so affected (He. 111 and Ju. 8 to accomodate new Lotfe gyro routines"

Thats from the last patch notes, at the time I thought a fix was in there, guess not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Major Boris

Quote Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
    PS. If anyone reads German and is interested, I have the (german) explanations for the STUKA attack run in a JU88 (Alfred Price -The Bomber in World War II)
    I realised that you do not understand German from your other post at 1c

Too much work to translate a whole manual but you probably need only parts like the explanation of the sturzflugangriff as shown in the diagram

JU88 stuka bomb angriff extract2.zip

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thats cool 335th_GRAthos, so are you saying you could translate A-F? Is that from the flight manual?

Thanks for the info!

Dutch

Ich habe nur ein bisschen Deutsch, aber es ist von der schul und es ist uber dreissig jahren alt.

So how did I do then? :happy
    Last edited by Dutch; Jan-18-2012 at 21:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Genau wie du es gesagt hast, ьber dreiЯig Jahre alt...:Grin:

Translation: Yeah, you convinced me, I'll translate

@Major_Borris: The extract is from the book "Combat Development in World War Two: Bomber Aircraft"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Combat-Devel...6966340&sr=1-2
    Unfortunately I have the German version

~S~
    Last edited by 335th_GRAthos; Jan-19-2012 at 04:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Tell me if you can read the English text I attached:

JU88 stuka bomb angriff explanations.zip

~S~

Dutch

'Genau wie du es gesagt hast, ьber dreiЯig Jahre alt...:Grin:'

:laugh1 :uhoh

Das Dokument ist immer noch auf Deutsch. :Grin:
    Last edited by Dutch; Jan-19-2012 at 10:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Schцne Sch***Яe! :inq:

How about now?

JU88 stuka bomb angriff explanations B.zip

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hey thanks GRAthos, yes I see your translation

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That book is not available through amazon usa for now

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
    How about now?
    Perfect! Slightly better than my German I feel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_MajorBorris View Post
    That book is not available through amazon usa for now
    I would not worry too much, it is an interesting book because it is concentrated on the long view of the bombers development from the pre-war period and up to 1946 but, it has few details on the actual operation of specific aircraft like the page I translated.

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

MajorBoris take a look at http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...702#post382702

Apparently the JU88-A4 had a constant rpm system (instead of propeller pitch)...

~S~

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thats realy cool GRAthos
    ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    820.0 KB

Re: Ju 88 Quik Tutorial

Anybody have links/guides to do level bombing in the JU-88 now that it is "fixed"?

[EDIT] I found my answer.....here to share. It discusses bomb sight and gyro-compass for the He-111....but the principles should be the same. The Gyro-compass starts about half way through the text.

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/viewtop...023f079cc8be3f

I see the making of a video tutorial in my future.
    Last edited by Marmus; Jun-30-2012 at 10:02.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think there's a sticky FAQ thread on the 1c forums where i describe how to do it in a He-111. It's the same thing for the Ju88 as well.

However...

i still haven't tested the bombsights. Up till the last patch, there were some errors in the routine that did the bombsight calculations. I don't know yet if these have been fixed.

To give you a few short pointers, this is how i would do it if everything works correctly:

1) Calibrate directional gyro (DG) before take-off
    2) After take-off, adjust power and trim for climb
    3) Figure out your heading to the next waypoint (don't forget the magnetic deviation correction: if you need to fly a heading of 210 degrees your compass should read 220 degrees, always add 10)
    4) Use the repeater compass (NOT the DG) to mark your waypoint heading. It's the round compass card on the instrument panel with the little plane icon in the middle. It's like a second magnetic compass. I use this one for navigating, because unlike the DG it doesn't drift over time.
    5) Adjust your DG again, align the autopilot heading and engage it in the first mode (course steering). The aircraft will rock back and forth a bit and then stabilize. This AP mode controls heading only and makes aileron turns. You can still dive or climb by adjusting your trim and power.

From this point onward, i do all my navigation with the repeater compass. The DG will drift and will need correcting, which will then result in the autopilot correcting your heading based on the difference between DG and commanded heading, etc etc...I find it much simple to just ignore the DG once the autopilot is turned on and just use the whole thing as a turn left/turn right autopilot. I use the repeater compass to navigate and the AP/DG to make the turns.

6) Climb 500-1000 meters above your desired bombing altitude.
    7) Getting closer to the target, engage the second autopilot mode (R22).

This mode is like the level stabilizer in the old IL2. It drops the nose and holds wings level. You need to be going at least 300km/h IAS in the He111 and about 350km/h IAS in the Ju88 with this mode, otherwise you lose altitude. That's why you climb above your selected altitude before engaging it, so that the aircraft can have some room to dive and "get on the step" (a nose-down attitude that gives more speed without losing altitude, usually reached after a dive...B17s used this technique too).

In R22 mode, all turns are made with the rudder only. Meaning that it bleeds a lot of airspeed and altitude if you make turns all the time. It's meant for course corrections during the bomb run and aligning the target. If you see you are losing too much altitude, you can switch between the two autopilot modes. Going back to the course steering mode will let you climb a bit, then you can align the target with the R22 mode. Once the target is aligned you can even go back to course steering mode for the rest of the bomb run (as long as you don't need to make any other course corrections, CS mode is working with ailerons and it will throw off your aim in that case).

So you can either attain a high speed and bomb using the R22 mode, or you can switch back to CS mode and bomb at different speeds because in that mode you can trim the elevators. Maybe you'll have a bit of inaccuracy because trimming nose up/down means the fuselage is not completely level, but it won't be too much at lower altitudes.

8) From this point on you fly the aircraft through the bombsight and making left/right turns to align the target.
    9) Input your altitude above ground into the bombsight (that is your altitude indicator's value minus the target's altitude above sea level)
    10) Input your TAS into the bombsight. The bombsight actually doesn't need TAS, it needs GS (ground speed). But TAS is a good first approximation. If/when we ever have missions with wind and dynamic weather, this will be harder to deal with.
    11) Move the crosshairs on the target and engage automation.

If the crosshairs moves below the target, the sight is tracking too fast: reduce your GS setting a bit (the bombsight speed)
    If it moves above the target, it is tracking slower than the aircraft is moving: increase your GS setting a bit

12) When the sight can steadily track a point on the ground, you have it calibrated correctly. Just place it on the target again, engage automation, open bomb bays, arm bombs and wait

I think it's also possible now to move the crosshairs while the automation is on, so we don't have to engage it, make corrections, disengage, recenter the reticule on the target, etc.

Finally, if the target is moving left/right, it's probably because of cross-wind drift. There are controls on the bombsight to account for that too. I'm not sure, but i think you just need to move the crosshairs left or right to stay on the target and the bombsight will take care of the rest.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks ATAG_MajorBoris and Blackdog_kt for taking the lead with the "learn how to fly the JU88" thread.
    A quick note about the autopilot function in the current patch - 1.07.18301.

I thought setting the JU88 auto-pilot would go something like this:
    . start engine
    . set Repeater Compass to desired course.
    . set the Directional Gyro (DG) to desired course.
    . take-off and steer aircraft to desired course.
    . engage autopilot - course

Expected the two halves of the DG to line up and steer the desired course. Instead got a course way off my setting.

It appears that to make use of the autopilot in the JU88, in this patch, you take the following steps:
    . set Repeater and Magnetic to desired course.
    . align aircraft to desired course.
    . align the "N" on the DG.
    . engage autopilot - course.

Obviously this is a bug. The headings on the DG are irrelevant. Only the N is used as an alignment tool.

For more detail and pictures see this link:
    http://www.raafsquad.com/cliffs/ju88...1.07.18301.htm

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That is because you are skipping a step in the process. The DG is the DG, the other half of it is the desired heading: what you command the autopilot to achieve.

I use the repeater/magnetic compass course setter to fly my sorties too, but it has no effect whatsoever on the autopilot and that is correctly modeled. It's just a manual heading to next waypoint reminder, while the autopilot works with gyros (the magnetic instruments have no way to connect and interface with the autopilot device).

What the autopilot uses to fly the aircraft is the offset between DG and the desired heading: it compares the two and makes the necessary turn to match them.

What you need to do is:

1) Read your current heading from the magnetic compass and input it to your DG (to calibrate the DG)
    2) Rotate the desired heading compass card to the heading you want to fly.
    3) Engage autopilot.

That's how i start it. After a while the DG will drift and you'll need to recalibrate it or you'll get off course because the AP "thinks" that your heading changed (while in reality the DG just drifted).

There are two ways to correct for this.

a) Either you recalibrate your DG or

b) You ignore it after the initial setup and just use the desired heading as a way to command the AP to turn.

I use the second method most of the time. I mark my desired heading with the course setter in the magnetic/repeater compass, calibrate my DG and desired heading, activate the AP and when it starts drifting i just give a tap or two of the keys to make it turn in the other direction, until the course setter is centered in my magnetic compasses.

As you can see there's more than one ways to skin a cat. The DG is not bugged anymore however. To adjust the desired heading you need to map two keys to your control options for the appropriate functions: course autopilot left and right.

Pressing these will only rotate the half of the instrument that displays your desired heading.

I use < and > for this function.
    I also use alt < and alt > for the course setter and ctrl <, ctrl > for setting the DG. So everything is mapped to the brackets and it makes things simple because they already look like left/right pointing arrows

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

When I have auto-pilot engaged, no matter what the course, the DG always has "N" over "N" after its course tuning takes effect.

You are saying this is the correct reading/display for the DG on autopilot?
    I thought the upper band on the DG would indicate 315 degrees. Just like to confirm "N" over "N" is correct.
    Understand there is no link between the magnetic compass/repeater compass and the DG. Of course we can manually drive according to our Repeater Course setting (as tuned by the Magnetic compass increase/decrease).
    Also understand there is some variation according to the "Kurs" Automatic Compass Deviation meter.

I may have the cat by the tail or something! If I was on the airfield, engines idling, and wanted to pre-set the auto-pilot course:
    a. Current Magnetic Heading parked aircraft = 30 degrees.
    b. Auto-pilot course wanted once airborne = 315 degrees.
    c. Variation = 75 degrees.

If I set the DG to 75 degrees (on my DG - 75 over N),
    set Repeater to 315 degrees (ie 315 top centre),
    take off,
    engage auto-pilot, approx cse would be 315 degrees.

Is this the way it should work?

Thanks for your advice on this.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Let me walk you through it with the example you provided.

Idling on the runway, you read your magnetic compass and it says you are on a heading of 30 degrees.

You turn the DG so that it also reads 30 degrees. This is the essential first step if you want to use the AP, you calibrate your DG to match your actual magnetic heading. In other words the DG is not an autopilot director, but just another direction finding instrument. The difference is that while the magnetic compasses sense a magnetic field (an absolute point of reference) and are susceptible to oscillations in turns (giving inaccurate headings), the DG senses changes of heading (a relative deduction of your heading) and are susceptible to violent maneuvers and gyro drift (it becomes inaccurate over time and needs recalibration). Since it's a relative principle of operation, the DG needs you to set the initial magnetic heading. In short, a compass can directly sense where you are pointing, but a DG cannot, it can only sense how much you have turned and in which direction, so you need to set the initial state if you want to have accurate readings.

Once airborne, you set the desired course heading (the lower half of the DG instrument) to 315 degrees.

When you engage the AP, it will "read" the offset between the upper (actual heading) and lower (desired heading) in the DG instrument and execute the necessary turn.

Three issues to be aware of:

1) There is a slight deviation between magnetic and repeater compass, about 4 degrees. I don't know if this is a bug or a realistic limitation of the systems. The magnetic is the correct one, but in the short distances we fly the drifting off-course is not much, so i mostly use the repeater because it's easier to read. Both of these compasses display magnetic heading.

2) There is a 7-9 degree offset between the upper part of the DG and the desired heading in the lower part of the instrument. So, if you want to fly due north (0 degrees), the upper half should be set to whatever your magnetic reads and the lower half of the instrument should be set to 7-9 degrees. Engaging the AP will then execute the necessary turn.

3) There are no bank limiters in the AP. If you command a course change of more than 10 degrees or so, the aircraft will bank sharply and you will lose altitude. Once everything is set and calibrated, it's better to roughly align with your intended heading before engaging the AP. This will result in the AP simply correcting and stabilizing on the chosen course, instead of executing high-angle banking maneuvers to turn you there.
    Commanding big turns via the AP also has another drawback, the system is slow to react and it will overshoot the target heading if it banks too sharply, resulting in a series of zig-zags before stabilizing on course. The best way to make substantial course changes is to break them down in smaller increments: tap your autopilot left/right keys (to turn the lower half of the DG) once or twice (this results in a heading change of no more than 10 degrees or so) and once you see the aircraft about to level off, tap it again. This way you can turn the bomber an entire 360 degree turn without losing altitude or banking sharply and crashing into your wingmen. Admittedly, the resulting circle is wide, but for most stages of flight you don't really need more than 100 degrees of course changes. Using this technique, you can effectively fly the entire sortie on autopilot apart from take-off, landing and possibly dive bombing. It also has the added benefit that making these slower turns keeps it easy for other bombers in the formation to keep up.

Finally, only the lead bomber in each formation should fly on AP and others manually keeping formation with it.

Any other questions you might have just shoot. I know this might be confusing at first, so my suggestion is to simply go and fly a practice sortie doing the above steps. It will all click into place once you go through the motions a couple of times

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
    Once airborne, you set the desired course heading (the lower half of the DG instrument) to
    Not sure if this is a DOH moment or a ka-ching the sale has finally been made moment!

Did not know that the lower part of the DG could be adjusted - just found it.
    Aircraft - Course Auto-pilot Adjust Left/Right.

Thanks for your time!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast