Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ju 88 Tutorials

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: Ju 88 Tutorials

The plane will drop a lot of altitude for a bit and if you full trim nose up will recover altitude slowly (not to the max it was). If you enage mode 22 and full trim nose up the average of the drop is between 500 and 700 meters (depending on altitude).

The other way is to accelerate to 400 kms and after that engage autopilot (mode 22) - which i find hard to do.

Bottom line: Line up around 3 grids away from the target to give you plenty of room for final adjustments, for Bombsight, speed and altitude indicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.09 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwhale View Post
    so is there anyway to control the loss of altitude when you engage autopilot?
    Yes!!

Set landing flaps for approximately 18%,set mode 22 immediately.If the bounce appears cycle autopilot on off until no bounce.
    You will lose minimal height compared to using no flaps with the added bonus of no bounce on bomb run!
    Once stable you can retract the flaps to gain speed but this is when you will loose height quickly.I normally lift flaps to around 10% giving me a bombing speed of between 280 and 300 KPH IAS in level flight.

Hope this helps..

Lucan.

Si Occiderit Me Possum Invenire
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 ,1x MSI Radeon R9 380 4gb 1x MSI Radeon R9 380 2gb Crossfire,AMD FX 9370 8 core Vichera ,16GB Vengence Pro RAM,Trakir 5,Saitek x52

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello, I am new for CLOD, I am curious that do we have to take into accout the crosswind during level bombing. if yes how could we do it and how we get the wind information? I am suprised that the crosswind is not mentioned in Chuck's guide.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

use the TAB menu for wind info...might vary map to map...but it does affect high alt bombing
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hello Guys, I am wondering how to remove the front machinegun in cockpit?
    Last edited by Gustav; Sep-25-2015 at 18:24.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Hello Guys, I am wondering how to remove the front machinegun in cockpit?
    On the load out screen under weapon sets, hit the down arrow next to the nose gun and pick empty.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Nice, Thank you Torric270 for the quick reply. BTW do you know if we have a way to deal with cross-wind in level-bombing in CloD? Thank you very much again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Nice, Thank you Torric270 for the quick reply. BTW do you know if we have a way to deal with cross-wind in level-bombing in CloD? Thank you very much again.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...highlight=wind

For the most part these days I use +/- 3.5 for 2-3 m/s crosswinds in the Blenny and Br20.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Torric270; Sep-25-2015 at 19:18.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That's a definitely great help. Thank you Torric270

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

That's a definitely great help. Thank you Torric270
    A good trick for high level bombing in strong wind is to come at the target from downwind or upwind, not crosswind.

If you are flying into a 10 mph headwind, simply raise the bombsight velocity by 10 mph to account for it.

Works great.
    Last edited by DRock; Sep-28-2015 at 22:10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Got the course autopilot working to an extent. Any tips to reduce swinging from side to side across the bearing of travel? Happens as I'm making minor course corrections when the target starts coming into view and the autopilot doesn't seem to stabilise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jameswgm View Post
    Happens as I'm making minor course corrections when the target starts coming into view and the autopilot doesn't seem to stabilise.
    And how you do those course corrections? With trimm or rudder/aileron?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    And how you do those course corrections? With trimm or rudder/aileron?
    On autopilot, by changing the autopilot course dial. Say I've set for 300 to come into Hawkinge, but when nearer I need to adjust say to 305-310. Or in that situation should I just switch over to r22 mode? Currently if I make any changes the plane starts swinging either side of the desired heading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

See answer from Torric below.

Have fun!
    Last edited by ATAG_Lolsav; May-10-2016 at 22:18. Reason: Torric had a better answer

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

On autopilot, by changing the autopilot course dial. Say I've set for 300 to come into Hawkinge, but when nearer I need to adjust say to 305-310. Or in that situation should I just switch over to r22 mode? Currently if I make any changes the plane starts swinging either side of the desired heading.
    If coming in on mode 1, you can still use your joystick to control aileron and pitch control, this should help smooth out the big movements. Also, once the plane is somewhat settled down, make sure the ball is centered with aileron trim.

If on a bomb run, come in on mode 22 if you want a finer control and don't make too many big adjustments at a time. Also, for even more precise adjustments once in the bombsight, is to increase/decrease the directional gyro. This will give a smaller movement than the course AP.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torric270 View Post
    If coming in on mode 1, you can still use your joystick to control aileron and pitch control, this should help smooth out the big movements. Also, once the plane is somewhat settled down, make sure the ball is centered with aileron trim.

If on a bomb run, come in on mode 22 if you want a finer control and don't make too many big adjustments at a time. Also, for even more precise adjustments once in the bombsight, is to increase/decrease the directional gyro. This will give a smaller movement than the course AP.
    Great, I'll try that. Also when on the bombrun (level @ 5k), on r22, after the initial dive and it levels out I've had the plane what I can only describe as bob up and down in the vertical, speed was fine so unsure what caused it. Made it really awkward to aim the bombsight.

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Saipan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

try turning 22 off and on quickly..sometimes that helps with the bobbing up and down...or try a 111
    ASUS Z370-A, i5 8600k, CM haf-x, EVGA gtx 1660 Ti SC ACX, Antec HC 850, Samsung 120GB SSD , WD Black 1TB, Corsair GSkill 16GB, Creative SB Recon, Creative G500 5.1, ASUS VS248h-P
    Me-110 Black 17 with Hptmn. Hans "AWAC" Warsteiner
    :
    Trust me , I fly a Bf 110 (C2-->C7)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Great, I'll try that. Also when on the bombrun (level @ 5k), on r22, after the initial dive and it levels out I've had the plane what I can only describe as bob up and down in the vertical, speed was fine so unsure what caused it. Made it really awkward to aim the bombsight.
    Add a bit of flap along with what Saipan said, go in and out of 22 until it stops.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Regards to all who have replied to my questions. Lastly for now, has anyone any general tips about how to manage a damaged JU88? e.g. damaged radiator/oil etc. Can you return to France with one engine? Picked up a load of damage on one engine on a recent flight and had no idea how to deal with it.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

You might find some useful info in this thread jameswgm

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ghlight=Engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

@Dammaged engine question

Select that engine, set prop pitch to 8h30 to reduce drag, close both radiators (oil and water) and finally trimm out the plane to compensate the drift. Ju88 allows you to trimm the aileron which is really handy to keep it stable.

Now you only have one engine, make sure you dont over rev it or force it too much.

Most of the times, taking in account i still had height and was not beeing attacked anymore, i could nurse the ride back home. Its a challenge to do that.

Have fun!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

@Dammaged engine question

Select that engine, set prop pitch to 8h30 to reduce drag, close both radiators (oil and water) and finally trimm out the plane to compensate the drift. Ju88 allows you to trimm the aileron which is really handy to keep it stable.

Now you only have one engine, make sure you dont over rev it or force it too much.

Most of the times, taking in account i still had height and was not beeing attacked anymore, i could nurse the ride back home. Its a challenge to do that.

Have fun!
    Managed to get back from England after one engine was disabled by a Spit, appreciate the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Dammaged engine question [...]
    And if still on board do not forget to jettison your bomb load. Can easily be forgotten in the heat of the moment.

24. Likes ATAG_Lolsav liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    188.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torric270 View Post
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...highlight=wind

For the most part these days I use +/- 3.5 for 2-3 m/s crosswinds in the Blenny and Br20.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks this was a great help.

Eagleeyes

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.26 MB

The plane just keeps steering to the left before take off, and then a crash. any solution? this happens when taking off, I have no problem keeping the plane centered to runway
    Last edited by Killerwhale; Oct-11-2016 at 17:39.

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwhale View Post
    The plane just keeps steering to the left before take off, and then a crash. any solution? this happens when taking off, I have no problem keeping the plane centered to runway
    Yeah, it does, so you need to correct the drift with right rudder. Locking the tailwheel helps too. If youve locked the tailwheel however, once it lifts it has no influence. So you may need to apply a little right rudder as you raise the tail to (but not much).

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    38.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Boosterdog View Post
    Yeah, it does, so you need to correct the drift with right rudder. Locking the tailwheel helps too. If youve locked the tailwheel however, once it lifts it has no influence. So you may need to apply a little right rudder as you raise the tail to (but not much).

BOO

15 clicks I put rudder to the right, it stays on runway, just before take off, it turns left and refuses to turn right no matter how much right rudder I apply on my joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.23 MB

Hi, I've got a question about prop pitch. I set the control of it to a secondary axes, and it work great with other aircrafts (109, 110). Conversely, the ju88 seems sitck at 10.15 and when a try to increase/decrease the prop pitch it works only if the axe is at full course: when I release it (indipendently if I reach higher or lower prop value of 10.15), the prop come back autounomusly to 10.15.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    IL-2 Sturmovik - Campaign resource

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Sparviero1946 View Post
    Hi, I've got a question about prop pitch. I set the control of it to a secondary axes, and it work great with other aircrafts (109, 110). Conversely, the ju88 seems sitck at 10.15 and when a try to increase/decrease the prop pitch it works only if the axe is at full course: when I release it (indipendently if I reach higher or lower prop value of 10.15), the prop come back autounomusly to 10.15.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    I couldn't replicate your problem but was only throttling up the engine on the ground and adjusting the prop. The clock may behave differently once the aircraft is in motion.

I have the prop for Axis fighter and bomber set on two buttons though. In the past ive had the 88 prop set to an axis. I cannot recall any problems other than some imprecision (although I never watched the pitch clock because my understanding is that its the RPM dial that's important) -as such as long as my RPMs didn't race I was happy - I did have engine readout on digital though and the prop percentage remained constant to its selected position one the prop had caught up ( idont know what the clock did).

I on balance I prefer the button to the axis on most German stuff.

Assuming that is not a Clod bug (so the RPMs do respond but the clock doesn't) and your revs race or drop as the clock goes back to 10:15, the only other thing that I can think of is that you have something conflicting but I think that this would be almost impossible in the current clod controls sets up.

The only other thing that I can then think of checking are your deadzomes and curves for that controller.

Regards

BOO
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    15.32 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sparviero1946 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Sounds like your axis goes back to neutral which the 109/110 needs. The 88 is variable pitch and will set the pitch at where the axis stops and is reverse of 109/110 in CLOD (100 % is zero) just select reverse button in control setup.
    Last edited by Torric270; Sep-30-2017 at 10:38.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast