Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 125

Thread: WWII Radio Plugin

  1. #1
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    WWII Radio Plugin. V6.1

    Version 6.1 uploaded with new functionality that allows the use of sub-frequencies to communicate within a channel. Please see the attached release notes for installation and usage instructions.

    This is a TS plugin to modify the incoming voices to make it sound as a radio transmission. On the settings, the user can select to enable or disable a couple of parameters.

    - According to your TS installation, download the 32 or 64 bits version of the plugin.
    - If you download the wrong version, it will not show on the plugin list and/or will show an error.

    Note:
    If the plugin shows in red with an error and you have TS 3.0.8 and the right bits version (32 or 64), make sure you install the "visual c++ 2010 redistributable package" from Microsoft.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Aug-29-2013 at 17:11. Reason: TS 3.0.9.2 Version added

  2. #2
    ATAG Member ATAG_JTDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    990
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    What is it ,and what will it do ,and do you need ts3 overlay for it? thanks

  3. #3
    Admin ATAG_Bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States of China
    Posts
    4,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Does this make you sound like a WWII pilot? :Grin:


    "The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish


  4. #4
    Student Pilot shadowhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    I can't get the plugin to work! :no
    Teamspeak says that it can't load the .dll file.

    I've got the right version of Teamspeak.
    Can anyone help me out?

  5. #5
    ATAG Member ATAG_Headshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    This mod is amazing Colander! Thank you very much. Yes this does make you sound like a WWII pilot

  6. #6
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Edited the OP to explain better for those who were not online when I posted it.

  7. #7
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    Does this make you sound like a WWII pilot? :Grin:

    Sound only, it will not help you with pilot skills

  8. #8
    Admin ATAG_Bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States of China
    Posts
    4,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by colander View Post
    Sound only, it will not help you with pilot skills


    "The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish


  9. #9
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Greatest thing I have ever downloaded! Thanks for this!

  10. #10
    Dutch
    Guest

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    :laugh1:laugh1:laugh1:Grin:

    Brilliant!

  11. #11
    Team Fusion III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    This is a great plugin, but I do have one suggestion. Instead of the plugin having an outgoing setting, I think it should be an incoming option only.

    Those that want to use this plugin like the realistic effect and immersion that it provides, but as a client side option you're forcing people to hear the effect even if they don't want to. If it was incoming client side only each individual would have the option to hear the effect if they want to, or not use it if they don't.

    Personally I'd like to turn on the incoming effect for everybody as 2 out of 10 players using it doesn't give the full benefit of the effect. I also don't want to force others to listen to it if they don't want to.

    Just a thought.

  12. #12
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    This is awesome colander! Thanks!

  13. #13
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Thank you. It is very good indeed.

    Regards.

  14. #14
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
    This is a great plugin, but I do have one suggestion. Instead of the plugin having an outgoing setting, I think it should be an incoming option only.

    Those that want to use this plugin like the realistic effect and immersion that it provides, but as a client side option you're forcing people to hear the effect even if they don't want to. If it was incoming client side only each individual would have the option to hear the effect if they want to, or not use it if they don't.

    Personally I'd like to turn on the incoming effect for everybody as 2 out of 10 players using it doesn't give the full benefit of the effect. I also don't want to force others to listen to it if they don't want to.

    Just a thought.
    Keller,

    Under the plugin options (settings-->plugins, select the plugin and click on "settings") you can turn off "outgoing" and turn on "incoming". Is up to each person how to set it up.

  15. #15
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    colander, thinks for plugin.
    What should I download from Microsoft if my plugin dosen`t work ?


    TNX

  16. #16
    Team Fusion III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
    This is a great plugin, but I do have one suggestion. Instead of the plugin having an outgoing setting, I think it should be an incoming option only.

    Those that want to use this plugin like the realistic effect and immersion that it provides, but as a client side option you're forcing people to hear the effect even if they don't want to. If it was incoming client side only each individual would have the option to hear the effect if they want to, or not use it if they don't.

    Personally I'd like to turn on the incoming effect for everybody as 2 out of 10 players using it doesn't give the full benefit of the effect. I also don't want to force others to listen to it if they don't want to.

    Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by colander View Post
    Keller,

    Under the plugin options (settings-->plugins, select the plugin and click on "settings") you can turn off "outgoing" and turn on "incoming". Is up to each person how to set it up.
    If it was kept as a client side option it would allow each person to decide if they want to hear it or not. For me I'd rather hear everyone with the distorted voice, but if I turn on the incoming option anyone that's using the plugin outgoing will end up distorted twice. There's not much point in only a few people having the effect, I think it's better as all or nothing. There's also some people that don't want to hear the effect but are forced to listen to it if it's outgoing.

    Don't get me wrong I love the plugin you've made, I wish I had the talent to do something like that. I'm not using it right now though as some people have commented that they don't like it. The plugin also tends to make the people using it louder than others.

  17. #17
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by nerio View Post
    colander, thinks for plugin.
    What should I download from Microsoft if my plugin dosen`t work ?


    TNX
    Nerio,

    I've updated thew main post with what to install if it fails to load.

  18. #18
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
    If it was kept as a client side option it would allow each person to decide if they want to hear it or not. For me I'd rather hear everyone with the distorted voice, but if I turn on the incoming option anyone that's using the plugin outgoing will end up distorted twice. There's not much point in only a few people having the effect, I think it's better as all or nothing. There's also some people that don't want to hear the effect but are forced to listen to it if it's outgoing.

    Don't get me wrong I love the plugin you've made, I wish I had the talent to do something like that. I'm not using it right now though as some people have commented that they don't like it. The plugin also tends to make the people using it louder than others.
    Keller,

    I understand your point however...
    - There is people who likes it on the "transmitting" side.
    - When enabled on the "receiving", and more than 1 person talks at the same time, the interference make's it impossible to understand (just like on real life) so, the quick way I found to avoid it, is to use it on the "transmitting" side.

    Perhaps ATAG TS3 admins could create a channel for "plugin only" and leave the current ones for clean transmissions, I can probably change to plugin to only work when on that channel.

    By the way, I tested it with "incoming" while others where on "outgoing" and the double distortion is not so bad, just a little more noise.
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Nov-20-2011 at 13:59.

  19. #19
    Novice Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    I installed Visual C++ SP1 redistributable, still get same error. in TS3, I get API =0 Required=14.

  20. #20
    Student Pilot Foo'bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    failed to install C++ thingy

    Isn't it possible to make all these plugins without the need to have C++ or .NET or whatever?

  21. #21
    ATAG Member ATAG_Torian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    1,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    104.72 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    OK, I'm gonna be the naysayer;
    Its sometimes hard enuff at the best of times to hear whats goin on on TS, now we gotta distort it even further ?!?!?!
    Realism in the sim for sure but this sound on coms is downright annoying.
    My 2cents worth.
    ATAG_Torian

  22. #22
    Ace ChiefRedCloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ga, USA
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    I want to take a moment to thank colander for his work on this. What little I've heard of examples of this online so far have been fine, IMHO, however having older ears I can perseve where problems may arrise.

    Still since this is a personal choice and I think we can be honest enough to inform each other if we can not understand a persons transmission and then perhaps turn it off accordingly. Can we not?:inq:

  23. #23
    Dutch
    Guest

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post
    I want to take a moment to thank colander for his work on this. What little I've heard of examples of this online so far have been fine, IMHO, however having older ears I can perseve where problems may arrise.

    Still since this is a personal choice and I think we can be honest enough to inform each other if we can not understand a persons transmission and then perhaps turn it off accordingly. Can we not?:inq:
    +1.

    It's easy enough to alt/tab to TS and turn it on and off as required, but being a newly addicted realism/immersion junkie, I love it!

  24. #24
    Novice Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SoCal, USA
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    I've installed MS Visual C++ Redist, tried C++ SP1, uninstalled them both, tried each one individually, still can't get it working, ideas?

    Running TS3 3.0.2

  25. #25
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Quote Originally Posted by 5./JG27Rudelmann View Post
    I've installed MS Visual C++ Redist, tried C++ SP1, uninstalled them both, tried each one individually, still can't get it working, ideas?

    Running TS3 3.0.2
    The only DLLs it needs are from the Redist 2010 package.
    Make sure you have these 2 files under "C:\windows\system32":
    MSVCR100.DLL
    MSVCP100.DLL
    If not, install the Redist 2010 and make sure you get the 64 bits version.

  26. #26
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    .
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Nov-22-2011 at 20:02.

  27. #27
    Team Fusion III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Here's a couple videos you might be interestd in colander.




  28. #28
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    Version 3 uploaded on the OP.

  29. #29
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    EGS8p7
    Posts
    9,710
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.86 MB

    WWII Radio Plugin V4 added

    Version 4 added on the OP with some customizable options.

  30. #30
    Ace ChiefRedCloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ga, USA
    Posts
    1,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.93 MB

    Re: WWII Radio Plugin

    What's the best way to replace the old with the new?:inq:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •