Thread: I think I'm in love :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I think I'm in love :)

This is one sim that others need to build to I'm having a blast in here, Just wish there was a modern version of this
    I've heard all the say about modern sims don't have tactics ,its fire and forget, well,to those who think that....................... come on in and lets see lol .
    Last edited by Injerin; Jan-22-2014 at 06:10.
    ANON6 - Tactical Group Play | CLOD - DCS SERIES - STAR CITIZEN - ARMA3 | www.anon6.com[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Re: I think I'm in love :)

Naaah no props....

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Looks like good flying and good fun and the graphics don't look too rusty to me.

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Wouldn't mind having a go at that myself to be honest. Looks pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Irs alot of fun expecially with the dynamic campaigns, Xcom runs a campaign that is very similar to SOW. We run some neat theatres like the battle of Sinai which can be obtained here:falcon-online.org. If anyone is interested in how to install BMS Falcon and the addons needed to fly please visit: http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/1380467...allation-guide This gives full instructions from start to finish

Last edited by Injerin; Jan-22-2014 at 22:47.
    ANON6 - Tactical Group Play | CLOD - DCS SERIES - STAR CITIZEN - ARMA3 | www.anon6.com[/CENTER]

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Is there any particular version of Falcon you need, will the "Allied forces" version work?

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Ziegler's Avatar
    Coast of Maine - Halfway between the equator and the North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    Is there any particular version of Falcon you need, will the "Allied forces" version work?
    I think it's everything BUT "Allied Forces version Reddog. Not possitive because I don't fly it but one of my squadmates 9./JG52 Merkin is an old hand and encouraged me to try it.

I seem to remember He and 9./JG52 Meyer stateing not to get that version for some reason? Maybe something to do with patches/updates.

PS: after watching the vid's it does look cool Injerin!. Might have a go after all.
    Last edited by 9./JG52 Ziegler; Jan-23-2014 at 09:08.
    Corsair 600T-Gigabite Gigabyte Z77-UD5 mobo-I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k@3.5ghz-Scythe Ninja 3 -16g HyperX- EVGA GTX 670 FTW-HyperX SSD-Logitech G19-Cyborg Ratz 9-CH Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and throttle with MFG Crosswind pedals, BenQ 2420T monitor, Track IR-5, Obutto Rev3. http://9jg52.com/

Glückliche sieben

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    Some of the 92 guys were playing this a while back reddog.. ask around on our coms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

No you cannot use that ver, P-Style, all you need is the FALCON.EXE I gave the link in my last post to all the files you need. Once you get the .EXE you can install all the BMS updates

http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/1380467...allation-guide

The BMS updates will look for the .EXE file, its the Legacy Falcon .EXE download you will need first
    Last edited by Injerin; Jan-23-2014 at 19:48.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

Bugger. Didn't see the legacy exe download. Have a boxed version winging it's way to me as I type. Looking forward to trying this out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Sorry for the late reply, if you go to the link above the .exe is the 3rd link down get it here: http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/1380467...allation-guide OH boxed ver. lol well hey stop by and lets fly lol.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

I installed this, being as I'm a nut about everything that can fly.

It looks and feels quite amazing, despite the fact the GUI has seen better days. But the graphics are sweet and the FM's etc. are certainly top notch.

I'll have to link up with you more experienced guys sometime, when my modding life quietens down a-bit.

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

I bought a boxed copy a few months back, but struggled to get it all set up so have still yet to fly it. Must give it another go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

I loved Falcon 4.0 when it first came out....it was the first sim that really got me to feel that suspension of disbelief when in virtual flight. I had the old bound manual which I read over and over. The single player campaign was in another world and I don't think has ever been matched since (bob II is supposed to be very good but I never really played that).

I got reasonably adept at it all including all the avionics etc after a loooooong time....worth every minute it was. Never got the hang of avoiding missiles though for some reason.

I hadn't played it for donkey's years but tried BMS about 6 months ago and it looked fantastic....the mod team on Falcon 4.0 have done a stellar job. Unfortunately I have forgotten pretty much everything about flying that F16 and don't have the time to re-learn it all ...so I don't have it installed anymore.

It would be great in multiplayer I reckon so if you have the time to give it a good go, I would highly recommend it (even if it's a do as I say rather than do as I do sort of recommendation)

"...pressure is a Messerschmitt up your arse, playing cricket is not."
    - Keith Miller, Australian Test Cricketer, Australian Rules Footballer and WW2 RAAF pilot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Hi Injerin,
    This brings back a LOT of memories.
    I just found an old backup of Falcon BMS that I had but alas it wasn't recognized by my optical reader.
    So now I'm downloading from ANON6 site.
    Thanks for making it available.

I've just taken up DCS that last month or so - ie., flying the Flanker, F15, Mig and P51. Having a blast with the jets. Also brings back tonnes of memory as I beta tested for the first Flanker series.

Now if I could only figure out how not to get tagged over on the Phoenix server, when I'm still trying to lock up a target BVR in my Flanker that would be great. Great immersion with the comms and especially the sounds when taxying and watching others take off. Great Suspension of disbelief. Can't wait to see what happens when EDGE gets turned on.

I saw you there briefly a few days ago.

By the by, I went to ANON6 for one of the meets but couldn't find the server and the TS links.

Should be fun with the F16 - Hoping they get a high fidelity model along with all the others upgraded to advanced in DCS.

Cheers,
    Cats . . .
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Cats,

So that was you in the server! LOL, was going to msg you in game but wasn't sure that was you Anywho Me and the Ginger where flying the Hueys for the most part. I took the Su-25 a few times as well just to get rid of those pesky SAM sites LOL.

Now for Falcon, I want to warn you that the control binding is very difficult for some, If you need help we can help you Our last TS channel was constantly disconnecting and we got another one. The TS channel is: 84.201.39.216.

For the BVR...... I pretty much got the F-15 and Su-27 down pretty good, I don't fly the Su-33 that much, but I think its similar to the 27. The thing to remember is the Russian missiles travel farther, the American 120C's and 120B's travel up to 30NM to where the Russian R-27ER(radar locking) and the R-27ET(thermal locking) travel up to 38NM. The problem is Russian aircraft need to keep there radar on there target (nose on target)the whole time missile is in flight, the missile doesn't have an independent locking mech on the missile itself like the 120's. This is why alot of F-15 pilots will shoot without lock just to throw the Russian pilots off to make them go defensive expecially when the Russian pilot shoots first, making the Russian pilot go defensive with throw his missiles off mid-flight . Now a weak point in the 120C and 120B's is If your close to a cloud fly into it, it throws the missile warhead off expecially the Thermal ones, also if your close to the ground head for the deck, this also throws the missile off due to ground heat, all the while pumping chaff and flare... Another way is once you get fired on give the incomming missile a few seconds depending on range and go inverted and do a split S pumping chaff and flare. I can't promise all these work 100% of the time which they won't but they do work. Also remember if you have the speed alot of times going straight up and making the incomming missile lose energy speed is a good tactic again tho this depends on distance of missile fire

Here is a link of the weapons for DCS which will help: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....1375120320.pdf

So stop on in anytime I would be more than happy to help with any knowledge I may have
    Last edited by Injerin; Feb-17-2014 at 16:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Injerin View Post
    Cats,

So that was you in the server! LOL, was going to msg you in game but wasn't sure that was you Anywho Me and the Ginger where flying the Hueys for the most part. I took the Su-25 a few times as well just to get rid of those pesky SAM sites LOL.

Now for Falcon, I want to warn you that the control binding is very difficult for some, If you need help we can help you Our last TS channel was constantly disconnecting and we got another one. The TS channel is: 84.201.39.216.

For the BVR...... I pretty much got the F-15 and Su-27 down pretty good, I don't fly the Su-33 that much, but I think its similar to the 27. The thing to remember is the Russian missiles travel farther, the American 120C's and 120B's travel up to 30NM to where the Russian R-27ER(radar locking) and the R-27ET(thermal locking) travel up to 38NM. The problem is Russian aircraft need to keep there radar on there target (nose on target)the whole time missile is in flight, the missile doesn't have an independent locking mech on the missile itself like the 120's. This is why alot of F-15 pilots will shoot without lock just to throw the Russian pilots off to make them go defensive expecially when the Russian pilot shoots first, making the Russian pilot go defensive with throw his missiles off mid-flight . Now a weak point in the 120C and 120B's is If your close to a cloud fly into it, it throws the missile warhead off expecially the Thermal ones, also if your close to the ground head for the deck, this also throws the missile off due to ground heat, all the while pumping chaff and flare... Another way is once you get fired on give the incomming missile a few seconds depending on range and go inverted and do a split S pumping chaff and flare. I can't promise all these work 100% of the time which they won't but they do work. Also remember if you have the speed alot of times going straight up and making the incomming missile lose energy speed is a good tactic again tho this depends on distance of missile fire

Here is a link of the weapons for DCS which will help: http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws....1375120320.pdf

So stop on in anytime I would be more than happy to help with any knowledge I may have
    Hi Injerin,
    Thanks for the feedback.

It's not so much understanding the missile/radar differences so much as trying to get a lock on the tgt seen via AWACS.
    If I'm lit up and hear the launch tone, I'll F-Pole the bandit for 15 secs then turn back into it lock and fire, then 10-15 secs later pull nose up and barrel roll dumping chaff and flares. Usually works quite well.

I've been tagged by unknown sources and not getting the lock I want - so a little more work here. I usually fly the Flanker and I love the thermal locking and also the extended range of the ER/ET missiles.

Right now, I'm loading up Falcon BMS but lord knows I've got my hands full right now getting the keymaps where I'm comfortable. I beta tested both Flanker and Falcon4 but this old brain of mine and different gear runs in fits and starts as recollection turns on the lightbulb.

Hope to catch you online.

Cheers,
    Cats . . .
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

right on bro, the thing I find most irritating is the same thing your saying, i think DCS really needs to work on there radar systems, make them more like BMS LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Got some friends doing this sim, they advised me to stay away from it if I was not addicted to it. They say it consume you and make you sit there and learn its features for three months and you waist a lot of time on it. Sounds like fun, but my time schedule only allows me one sim to play with for the moment, and that is CLOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.85 MB

BMS Falcon 4.32 is certainly a learning sim. You will be hard pressed to find another modern flight sim that has the avionics and the abilitiy to fly and fight them as well as a ground campaign that is second to none, that Falcon can offer.

For more information check out the Falcon community website. http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/content.php