Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One, Two Many....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

One, Two Many....

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: One, Two Many....

great flight !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

AWSOME vid bro
    ANON6 - Tactical Group Play | CLOD - DCS SERIES - STAR CITIZEN - ARMA3 | www.anon6.com[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    107.58 MB

Good Flight Lewis, great shots. p

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    419.7 KB

Great video mate! I liked how the first two handed themselves to you on a silver platter. I love it when they get fixated on one aircraft only to let another blow them out of the sky.
    Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    907.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_StormBat View Post
    Great video mate! I liked how the first two handed themselves to you on a silver platter. I love it when they get fixated on one aircraft only to let another blow them out of the sky.
    Brilliant!
    Funny how I did exactly the same thing and got target fixated with the last 109...I mean if I hadn't then I would have seen the other one that eventually collided with me...lol...All in the name of fun!!
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

That was awesome. Did the 109 pilot get out? It looked like he went in with his plane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by rscaper1070 View Post
    That was awesome. Did the 109 pilot get out? It looked like he went in with his plane.
    I'm not sure...So difficult to see much in cockpit....I only see if this happens when I check the chat box...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    I'm not sure...So difficult to see much in cockpit....I only see if this happens when I check the chat box...
    Oh derp, with this game sometimes it's hard to remember you weren't actually there, that you were seeing exactly what I saw in the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Beauty vid, Lew! I was stunned to see those first 109's lined up waitin for it... I wish they'd do that for me! You sounded a bit baffled about that, it was funny cause I would have been shocked speechless!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    463.16 MB

Spiffing show old bean!

Keep 'em coming Lew, I really enjoy your vids!

Septic.
    [CENTER][CENTER] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Nice vid one question though, why do you keep opening and closing your canopy? .
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Meyer View Post
    Nice vid one question though, why do you keep opening and closing your canopy? .
    For visibility....I've always had a bit of a struggle with visibility...even now aircraft still flicker in and out of view somertimes so I tend to make it a tad easier by opening the canopy when I don't need the speed...I know that a better monitor would help as I have tried a friends monitor and he was able to see me a full 15 to 20 seconds longer as we flew apart at a 30 degree angle(approx)....I will invest in one in the next few weeks
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Jan-30-2014 at 05:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    100.64 MB

That was some great shooting, hurricane is a great gun platform!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Always fun to watch Lewis.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Oh ok Lewis thanks for the reply.
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Supporting Member 2./JG54 Chumleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

So is it standard procedure for Spitfire pilots to fly through the trees like the Blenny pilots? No wonder you're so hard to spot on the deck sometimes... I suppose I could do that too... I just don't for some reason...
    It does surprise me that nobody else commented. I guess tree-flying is the rule rather than the exception. I was under the impression that the word 'immersion' had an entirely different connotation.

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Woelfel View Post
    So is it standard procedure for Spitfire pilots to fly through the trees like the Blenny pilots? No wonder you're so hard to spot on the deck sometimes... I suppose I could do that too... I just don't for some reason...
    It does surprise me that nobody else commented. I guess tree-flying is the rule rather than the exception. I was under the impression that the word 'immersion' had an entirely different connotation.
    A few telephone poles hidden inside the trees can help prevent this.
    OK, the odds of hitting one of the poles is very low, but when someone does - they'll think twice about flying in the trees again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Great idea... Too bad it's necessary...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.5 KB

I don't understand why you are complaining about a video that was made 9 months ago he was only in the trees for I counted 4 seconds no one was chasing him so it wasn't to throw anyone's aim off
    And now your here saying he always does it just over 4 seconds of footage ???

motherboard ASUS Z77
    CPU Intel i73770 k Liquid cooled overclocked to 4.5 ghz
    Gpu NVidia Geforce gtx 970
    memory 8 GB
    Power supply 850 watts
    Monitor ASUS PB278q 2560 x 1440 Native Resolution
    Saiteck x52 joystick and pedals
    Trackir 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

About the trees:
    Is more complicated than that... What if a player has trees off?
    Should he collide with invisible trees? or, if posts are placed, he will be able to see them and avoid them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Endless View Post
    I don't understand why you are complaining about a video that was made 9 months ago he was only in the trees for I counted 4 seconds no one was chasing him so it wasn't to throw anyone's aim off
    And now your here saying he always does it just over 4 seconds of footage ???
    Just making an observation...but if it is really necessary to explain why I made it a point to note that observation, here you go:

If a pilot seldom did that sort of thing he'd probably make it a point to edit it from his video. If it didn't occur to him to do so, he's probably not the least bit ashamed of the fact he was doing it which suggests that tree-flying is perfectly acceptable and perhaps even habitual from his standpoint.

Also, What difference does it make that the video was made 9 months ago unless there's reason to assume this was an isolated incident - which I doubt.

Furthermore the '4 seconds' you mention were the only 4 seconds in the entire video when the spitfire happened to be on the deck over land in the vicinity of any trees. It was the only opportunity it had to fly through the trees so you'd be hard pressed to convince me that the selected flight path happened to be random and unintentional. You are correct - no one was on his 6 but he was on the 6 of somebody else in a 109 who was probably wondering whether or not he was still there. The 109, by the way, wasn't chased through the trees - it didn't fly through them. On the other hand the spitfire had already leveled off after its dive and then purposefully dropped its nose and followed a clearing through the trees over a road despite the fact his target was already in a climb. As soon as there were no more trees to hide behind the nose of the spitfire popped up and it began its ascent.

Pilots who aren't tree flyers don't have video footage of their planes flying through the trees unless it involves a crash landing, do they?
    So I happen to believe the subject of the video is a tree-flyer based on the evidence. I didn't complain. I merely made the observation and noted that no one else who posted to the thread appeared to notice. It just made me wonder, that's all...
    Last edited by 2./JG54 Chumleigh; Oct-19-2014 at 21:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.5 KB

I understand that you are just making an observation but you have pretty much just called him a cheat and that is wrong

Weather that was your intention or not that is the way it has come across

Some things are best not said
    Last edited by ATAG_Endless; Oct-19-2014 at 21:35.

motherboard ASUS Z77
    memory 8 GB
    Power supply 850 watts
    Trackir 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Enjoyed every second.

Thanks for sharing Lew!
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Endless View Post
    I understand that you are just making an observation but you have pretty much just called him a cheat and that is wrong

Weather that was your intention or not that is the way it has come across

Some things are best not said
    I just pointed out the tactic that was employed in the video we all saw. Doing so is not wrong. . It's not up to me to decide whether that particular tactic constitutes cheating. That's a matter of personal opinion because we don't have any rules that establish such tactics as cheating.

If, however the vast majority of us do consider it cheating and that it constitutes a negative impact on the game, then I should think it's probably worth pointing out since everyone will benefit from it's being curtailed, don't you think? If it discouraged other pilots from doing the same sort of thing wouldn't that be a positive outcome? ...or would you prefer that it continued for the sake of not offending or embarrassing a pilot who intentionally cheats? If he himself considers what he's doing to be cheating and nevertheless offers it up for us all to see then perhaps we're the ones that ought to be offended.

(That's a scenario not unlike when somebody tells you a lie knowing full well that you know they're lying)

I believe it's pretty clear what took place in the video. Apparently, you considered it to be cheating. You labeled it as such. To be perfectly frank, I tend to to agree with you and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.

Where I don't agree with you in this case is that it should be left unsaid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.5 KB

I know that flying through trees is wrong I don't condone it but I think the reason why no one said anything is because it was so minor
    the way you said it came across sarcastic and I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not but the way you put your words on the screen it did

Lew flew through a couple of trees for 4 seconds 4 not 30
    It was for no gain the 109 was flying dead straight so even if he tried to look back he wouldn't have even seen him on his dead six even at 8000 m

I don't understand that after 9 months and some 400+ videos posted you felt the need to point this one out
    It has been pointed out so many times about flying through trees but there is nothing they can do
    And also what if someone doesn't have a powerful PC and have the trees off to you they are cheating but to them there not what then ??

If you have other videos of him flying through trees then yes I'll agree it's for personal gain but not for 4 seconds of footage

Personally I hate when bombers fly through trees or fighters dive down and hide in Forrest's or someone alt f2s when you shoot them or someone vulches an airbase with low numbers but there is nothing you or I can do about it
    But I do think that you could have been a bit tactfull instead of singling out a video don't you think starting out a new thread on the general forum could have been a bit more subtle

motherboard ASUS Z77
    memory 8 GB
    Power supply 850 watts
    Trackir 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I didn't mention it before because I only just saw the thread and the video. Here's the point. there was only one opportunity in the video to fly through the trees and the pilot made it a point to avail himself of that opportunity. If it was genuinely unintentional, I'd accept that. Nobody has claimed that it was unintentional and it definitely appeared deliberate and for many pilots, it is habitual.

I'd expect anybody who is not a tree flier would have noticed having done so accidentally and probably edited the video accordingly before posting it.

By appearing not to care about this type of game play we invite others to continue to engage in this type of game play and to excuse themselves for doing so.

In any case I acknowledge the fact you don't consider this thread to have been the best venue for raising the concerns and objections I had to tree flying. You may be right. I may have been insensitive. That being said, I firmly believe that the observation I made was valid and ought not to be treated so casually, let alone completely overlooked for the reasons I've already stated.

It wasn't sarcasm I was after in my initial post Endless, it was an attempt at subtlety (probably not a good one). That's the way I intended it to come across, anyway. I really hadn't wished to say anything more beyond that, but my last two posts resulted from my having to explain myself in response to your posts - you know how it goes - it becomes a debate. I know you're a reasonable guy just through hearing you on TS. It's OK if our opinions differ slightly on occasion and I think we've pretty well hashed this one out already unless there's anything else you'd like to add...

As for myself, I've already caused enough trouble and for that I do apologize. Cheers, M8

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.5 KB

I agree and I too apologise for my harshness

See you in the sky's

motherboard ASUS Z77
    memory 8 GB
    Power supply 850 watts
    Trackir 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Wow...I just saw this...

You know....I think there is a point here that is being missed...the bigger picture....My videos are for others enjoyment and IMPORTANTLY for folks to see and get an idea about this sim...We have found that the online videos encourage new players to this sim more than any other media...New players will often speak of seeing specific videos from players that enlightened them and made them want to buy CLOD..we see it time and again....If it wasn't for new players we would all be sat in empty servers complaining about minor glitches as above...and none of us want that..

As for the point in question...No matter how you dress any sim...its still a game...for you to play....and there will always be glitches and things that maybe could be better...Its a moving platform and we wouldn't have it any other way....There will also always be things that you do not like about others playing styles...However, our server at ATAG has only limited rules for good reason and we encourage players to play exactly how they wish to play.....''Heck, if you feel like trying to fit a fully loaded Ju88 through the hangers at Hawkinge, good luck.''(quote from the ATAG server rules)...So do not listen to others who try to tell you how they think you should enjoy this game in the ATAG server as it is entirely upto you..

My message to other video makers is to try ignore negative posts about flying attitudes on your videos and keep posting those movies up on Youtube and Vimeo...I would also encourage players who don't like flying attitudes on specific videos to make their own videos....Show us how you think it should be done...Try not to get too upset by the way others play...

and..

Remember its all about the Fun...~S~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast