Thread: Timeout error on ATAG - Solved

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Timeout error on ATAG - Solved

help please connecting to all servers except atag keep getting connection attempt to remote host faild reason timeout

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: help please connecting to atag

IF you have all patches updated, till 4.0, you can try the direct connect button, on top of the forum screen.

BTW welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

He can connect to all other servers, just not ATAG's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

The typical reason is more than one network interface. Even some printer drivers install a fake NIC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

He only has one NIC.

He has connected in the past, post TFv4.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Then another reason in the past has been the home router. Some people has had to disconnect their router for like 1/2 hour

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Then another reason in the past has been the home router. Some people has had to disconnect their router for like 1/2 hour
    I remember JTDawg actually had to turn his modem/router off overnight for it to generate another IP Address. He had a heck of a time trying to log in before that.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    I remember JTDawg actually had to turn his modem/router off overnight for it to generate another IP Address. He had a heck of a time trying to log in before that.
    thanks i will leave it off over night fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by burma View Post
    thanks i will leave it off over night fingers crossed
    It's pretty drastic, I know, but hopefully it works for you. Please let us know. We need to get you in the air!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

thank you snapper left it off for 30mins can connect now you r a star

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Another satisfied customer..~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

And Colander had NOTHING to do with it!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

just to let anyone know instead of turning you router off, has this only works once then you are back to square one. here is this fix after many hours trying everything, download "simple port forwarding" program free and send 27016 port to your router and things are good hope this helps anyone.
    intel core i7 3820 @ 4429mhz, sabertooth x79 motherboard, ddr3 16gb, geforce gtx titan graphics card

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by burma View Post
    just to let anyone know instead of turning you router off, has this only works once then you are back to square one. here is this fix after many hours trying everything, download "simple port forwarding" program free and send 27016 port to your router and things are good hope this helps anyone.
    Thanks for this, Burma!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Timeout error on ATAG - Solved

December, 2014... After 15 months of trouble free game-play, I suddenly had the timeout problem. After trying the simple port forwarding program with no success, I started the setup program that accompanied my Cisco Linksys E2000 wireless router and discovered a page just for port forwarding! I inserted port number 27016 in the internal and external option boxes of a new line and the problem appears to be solved.

I recommend examining your setup program for your router for similar solutions.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Fidgit, I may come back to you for this as I continue to have the same error. I'm not well versed in computers/routers so the fix you mention sounds like what I should try but I have no idea how to do it. I'll give it a go in the next day or two and respond back. Hopefully this will work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SamJoDo View Post
    Fidgit, I may come back to you for this as I continue to have the same error. I'm not well versed in computers/routers so the fix you mention sounds like what I should try but I have no idea how to do it. I'll give it a go in the next day or two and respond back. Hopefully this will work for me.
    Start by making sure you have the up to date program and procedures for your router. It took some searching, but I sort of stumbled on the Port Forwarding feature in the setup section of mine.

Update: Port forwarding made things much better, but not perfect. The wireless router is also involved. Please see the recent posts in the Technical Corner - Unstickied area. http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ad.php?t=14981
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-15-2015 at 11:41.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Trying this 'port forwarding' suggestion but have some questions. I have a Motoroloa NVG589 router and under Firewall - NAT Gaming it is asking for the following:

Service Name (which I'm guessing is the title I'd like to give this port..something like 'Cliffs of Dover'
    Global Port Range ____ - ______
    Base Host Port _____
    Protocol - TCP/UDP

What do I put for Global Port Range and Base Host Port? I know the should be numbers but where do I get them from? I need to do the same thing with Rise of Flight too - how do I find out what the Rise of Flight numbers should be?

Any help is appreciated.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Fingers crossed, but so far I think it might be fixed. Tried that simple port opener thing mentioned earlier in this post and flew a 45 minute sortie without getting kicked off the internet. Granted it was only one mission (all I had time for) but on average that is longer than what I normally am able to fly.

Working from home today due to the blizzard we are having so when work is done I'll take to the skies again and see how long I can fly. Fingers crossed!