Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blenheim controls

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Blenheim controls

Thank you very much 1lokos and Fidget for the prompt replies, I will give it a go this evening.

.....Haha Fidget, perhaps I can drop one in my grandfathers farm in South Wiltshire, keep it in the family and all that .....assuming we are back in 1940 that is.... now where is that map... Derry Farm new duck pond ?

Thank you again.

By the way, I will be more sociable when I have updated my equipment, right now it is easier to fly alone when I am in a fighter. Would be nice to fly with other Blennies tho as it is just a little slower pace to toggle switches and mouse views.

Eric...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you guys for your help..

All works great now.

Very enjoyable and very tense flying the Blenny behind enemy lines, haha I handed over the headphones to my wife to listen and see the realism....just a few seconds in and she gave a shout and a jump as we were jumped and hit hard by 109 cannon! It quite shook her....as it still does for me.

Now if I get another pc she could be my gunner!

Thank you

Eric..

3. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.10 MB

Thanks Roblex, Nice and simple explanation,a good way to do some damage get in quick and get out quick.

Supporting Member FluxCapacitance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Bumping this thread up.

Was wondering if there were some good Blenny single player missions available to download for practice. The default cross country is nice, but denies me the ability to change loadout and actually bomb anything. Tried the forum search but haven't found much. Ideas? (other than getting harrassed on multiplayer..hehe)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    16.16 MB

Try ATAG server 2 (called "ATAG Bomber Campaign" the list). I know, it's not single player, but it's a good place to practice because that's what it's for. Lot's of freedom and options for training at various skill levels, free of harassment, and a good stepping stone into servers that are populated.

Supporting Member FluxCapacitance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Perfect! Thanks Freya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by FluxCapacitance View Post
    Bumping this thread up.

Was wondering if there were some good Blenny single player missions available to download for practice. The default cross country is nice, but denies me the ability to change loadout and actually bomb anything. Tried the forum search but haven't found much. Ideas? (other than getting harrassed on multiplayer..hehe)
    During actual gameplay, I occasionally practice low-level bombing along the river's edge, just west of RAF Eastchurch. There are isolated trees and buildings around there that, as far as I know, have no impact on game play. From over the water, you can practice shipping attacks, and from the east, normal terrestrial bombing. Recovery to Eastchurch only takes a minute or two. If a need suddenly arises, you're ready to go to war without changing servers. Stay below 1500' AGL to defeat enemy radar.
    Announce your intentions if anyone is nearby...
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-17-2016 at 11:22.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Was wondering if there were some good Blenny single player missions available to download for practice.
    Piper_Kiev did a Campaign for Blenheim - you can read the briefings through Google Translator.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...l=1#post184984

Note sure, but think that Heinkill did a mission pack for Blenheim.

10. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

During a recent 12 ship Blenheim raid, there seemed to be some concern about being able to keep up with the formation due to burning up engines, etc. I (rather quickly) threw together some data I've been gathering to give noob Blenheim drivers like myself a little more comfort and help the formation move at a more modest speed. I learn a bunch of new stuff constantly and will be amending new tricks to this, so fire away at ways to refine it some more.

Seems like the programmers set some hard altitudes for engine performance that resemble a temperature inversion (that's what you Brits have over there often right?). The thing I really enjoy about the sim is that there are transient delays on gauges that won't tell you right away if you're about to cook your engine. Nice feature.

Anyways, the chart runs through a basic climb to 20,000 feet with an indicated 140 mph at full buster. I have had little problems recently keeping up by being able to push performance a bit. Another tip not mentioned is to set fuel 2-3% below the lead pilot so your formation control inputs (drag) won't set you back too far.

Let me know what ya'll think, since it might be more art than science. haha

Blenheim_Data_post.jpg

12. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

According to Air Publication 1530B (Pilot's Notes):

"The best climbing speed at full throttle is about 135 m.p.h. up to 6,000 feet, after which speed should be reduced by one m.p.h. per thousand feet." [Therefore climb speed is 125 m.p.h at 16,000 feet MSL.]

I always try to use this in CLoD and find I will out-climb other Blenheims since many prefer higher speeds. I get higher, faster, but they go farther and end up lower in the same flight time. Engine temperatures must be monitored, but don't they always?

Navigation Note: Compass dip error is quite pronounced in the climb. Find a landmark to fly towards unless you're in level, unaccelerated flight.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

14. Likes BOO, 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Right on Baffin. A lot of guys prefer 140-160 to be further out once radar signature is picked up, but it's really quite negligible. Seems like 135 would get you to target quicker in the end if everything's modeled to the "T". I do like 140, since it matches an initial climb rate of 2000 fpm, and is easier to calculate for time to altitude. 160 works dandy as well if I get bounced. By the time my plane has 90 bank angle and I'm piloting in the back seat, I still have 140 mph of energy to spare.

I also wanted to make it so that only one lever was used after climb was configured, that way people could play around with other settings as they saw fit. I don't always use these for my climb settings per se, but it did come handy for reducing variables. The most interesting part for me was the temp inversion/engine heat effect that is CLOD specific. This was something that kept me in the dark for a while.

Any other thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I like the tech-order climb if departing a coastal base for high altitude level bombing. The steeper climb gives me time to set up the course/autopilot and get stabilized before I get too close to the target. I hate being rushed.

In any case, it's each player's preference.

My controls are set up for realistic hand movements as much as possible. Once again, everyone has his own philosophy of how to play the game.
    Last edited by Baffin; Nov-12-2017 at 08:09.

17. Likes 69th_Zeb liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12