Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Fusion Update - Feb 14th 2014 - Happy Valentine's Day...no it's not ready!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Team Fusion Update - Feb 14th 2014 - Happy Valentine's Day...no it's not ready!

I'll start with a disclaimer. In the last update I said the next update would probably be when we released v4.01. So I had a choice today. Have an update...or just leave everyone sitting there wondering what was going on or if the patch release would happen. So in the end, here goes.

It has been noted that a few community posters are being critical of the delay in the release of this next patch/update. In all honesty, there is very little we can do to curtail this behaviour because the only way to give in to demands to release it 'now', would only see players installing the update and seconds later...bug reports flying in to us! It's really getting to be a catch-22!

Anyway, that being said, we are keen to get it released because we need to concentrate on v5.00, which will be massive in comparison to this next patch.

In relation to the above line, for those that missed it, there will no longer be a v4.01. v4.01 was started with the intention of it being the same as v3.01. A 'Hotfix', designed to just tweak a couple of areas, get it released and then we could concentrate on v4.00.

Well since v4.01 was started, many small breakthroughs have been made. Steadily as each of these 'breakthrough's' were added, it became obvious to us that this couldn't be a hotfix any more. In-fact, so many changes have been made it was decided that even v4.1 wouldn't suffice. So with that said, the next update/patch will now be v4.2

This is a huge patch in comparison to what v4.01 was going to be and adds a lot more content to the Sim than we expected in such a short time. So-far we have been testing v4.2 for over two-weeks and found a few irritating bugs that, while not show-stoppers, really needed a bit of polishing to make sure they didn't cause issues on release. The main things, and I need to restate this, is that once v4.2 is out, Team Fusion will shut down for a break and there most likely will be no more fixes/tweaks/features/additions until v5.00 hits the forums. For that reason we need to make sure v4.2 is as perfect as we can get it, because we don't want players to feel disenfranchised if there is a bug that wont be addressed until v5.00...and that could be late in 2014 or even the start of 2015!!! We wont know until much later this-year

V4.2 will be a great update, add huge amounts of features and should certainly keep players coming back for more, as-well as attracting new simulation fans.

So, sadly, it's really another on of those irritating...."we are testing" and "it's not ready yet" posts, but there is no choice. We want to make this as bug free as possible with the additions we have added and unless we feel happy that you (as fellow simulation enthusiasts) will be happy with the resulting patch, we wont release it until it's 'fit for purpose'. For those that this doesn't make happy, please remember, CloD development ended officially and if you can't be patient for us to make our patches as bug free as possible, please revert your install back to the last official patch and see if we haven't made a positive impact? Currently we are seeing many familiar as-well as new Flight Sim names returning to CloD as the word spreads that we are fixing it and making it the sim it always intended to be. Yes it's slow...but we want to make this 'THE' Flight Sim for enthusiasts, and this takes time. Our time. Our spare time! We do it for fun, we do it as a hobby and we do it for you

So, I could leave it at that but there is still much going on as we not only work on v4.2 but also 'tinker' with v5.00 early WiP.

So for those of you who like some meat with the gravy...here's a short video showing some early WiP on new fire and smoke effects, including explosions and also some more screen shots as we continue to make and develop new features for you to enjoy as we dig deeper into the code and fill out some new objects for the Mission makers

Until next time (please God let it be the patch release!!!! ) here's some bits and pieces for you to enjoy.

Cheers, MP/TF

https://vimeo.com/86739215

More environmental Smoke, Flak and Fire effects

Update 14-214 (1).png

New Smoke effects, variations in colour and density as-well as flame effects. All interacting with wind variables:

Update 14-214 (4).jpg

Update 14-214 (5).jpg

Update 14-214 (6).jpg

A new Dispersal Hut Object:

Update 14-214 (2).jpg

RAF Blister Hangar:

Update 14-214 (3).jpg

A completely new Tribal Class Destroyer:

Update 14-214 (8).jpg

Update 14-214 (10).jpg

Update 14-214 (1).jpg

See you soon, cheers
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Feb-15-2014 at 06:46.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    799.2 KB

Re: Team Fusion Update - Feb 14th 2014 - Happy Valentine's Day...no it's not ready!

wow looks great , it will be well worth the time taken to get it right.
    Thanks for all TF hard work.

spud

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Team Fusion Update - Feb 14th 2014 - Happy Valentine's Day...no it's not ready!

Team Fusion ROCKS!!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

nice work gentlemen !
    ♫ FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, Evga 660 ti 3GB, Raptor 64mb, Planar 120Hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    408.40 MB

Very cool news, thanks for adopting this cool Sim and Thanks for all the hard work yall have and are putting into it. ~S~ "Bravo"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the update, looking forward to this very much

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    It has been noted that a few community posters are being critical of the delay in the release of this next patch/update.
    Please forward me any information on these people..ie..emails, telephone numbers, home addresses, physical descriptions, photos, etc....So that I can pester them on an hourly basis in their free time to see if they get the idea!!!

Thanks for the update and as always a big thank you to those intellectual boffins giving their free time to bring fun to the lives of the enthusiasts here.....I owe you 1100 hours of enjoyment thus far...

....and for sumarising my first point....you will hear no such nonsense from those of us with the ability to empathize

~S~
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Feb-14-2014 at 18:28.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Absolutely love the blister hanger! Oh, and don't let the whiners get to you. They infest all forums with their unreasonable drivel... They're not worth your attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the status update, MP! I am glad that you decided to post it.

Good luck to all TF members!

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Awesome. This is fantastic, great job and many toasts to TF for your time and efforts. Totally worth the wait. It will be released when it's released, fine by me. Although I do love the updates from you MP. Thanks for the tastes you keep giving us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks for the update, I am sure the nagging is not meant bad, but I know it is annoying. Anyway what are they expecting , loving the game more?
    This update will give me a opportunity to survive longer flying a bomber. But I am sure my opponents will learn how to avoid improved gunners.
    All these small improvements are going to make me fly more.
    But I look forward to flying every time a got the chance as is. Effect and texture improvements and increase of objects has always been my favorite mods in IL2 46 because it make better immersion

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Thanks to all the people working on the update(s). You guys make my day everytime I go out to play this fantastic CloD mod. And now it will be even better? Don't let the negativity get to you. 99% of the players love all the work you guys do in your spare time. Not all may speak up, but the list of players online everyday speaks for itself...

Thanks again guys and we can totally live with the fact that the new patch will be ready when it's ready...

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Thanks a million Team Fusion! I greatly appreciate all your hard work.
    It's good for us all to keep in mind, "Good things come to those who wait"

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    173.64 MB

MP, thank you for the update. Take your time and get right, no need to rehash what is already been said about the less patient.
    BTW if the time you need takes to April 16 (see my handle) that's fine by me, I will now duck

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Looks good thanks!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

A big thanks for the fantastic effort put in by team fusion..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.25 MB

Thankyou to the community for your positive comments & encouragement & patience. It'll not be long now.
    Last edited by Salmo; Feb-14-2014 at 20:15.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks

but

edit: just asking because RAF aeroplenes are a bit too slow.
    Last edited by vranac; Feb-14-2014 at 19:33.

Supporting Member JG1_Luckystrike's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thx a lot, doing a great job, very nice!

But you have no clue of the the basics of aerodynamics.
    Spit and 109 is not acceptable.

Good night,
    Luckystrike

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by JG1_Luckystrike View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Good night,
    Luckystrike
    Well....that's helpful.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    754 Bytes

Wonderful work boys. We are all in your debt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    I'm not sure it is worth to comment this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Incredible how much work you have put into a detail like the explosion effects of crashed planes. Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires

I don't mind waiting for this patch, even if it takes many weeks. That you have undertaken to do this in your spare time is admirable.

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires
    Traitor. Traitor.

Last edited by Dutch; Feb-14-2014 at 21:25.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Good night,
    Luckystrike
    I think things seem pretty good. Not sure how many people around here actually have stick time in a real 109 or Spit let alone dog fighting in them so how do any of us who haven't, which I am guessing is the majority really know the true FM of these birds? Sure we can get close but there are so many things in the real world that are probably close to impossible in modeling. Based on all the other flight sims I have flown, I enjoy the FM and everything else about this game.

It's still a game at the end of the day, and a damn good one thanks to TF. I don't think I speak for myself in saying that if it wasn't for TF and ATAG and all the video makers out there, I would have never gave this game a second look, I might have passed on it even thought it was 9 bucks but all this FREE work that has been done and is being done is amazing.

We need to appreicate that. In a world that is all about money we have people here giving up their time and energy so we can all take a break from the real world and have fun. The fixes/improvments will keep on coming, Im not worried at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    29.52 MB

Thank you.

Online call-sign Wombat.
    Lives in Australia.
    Eats, Roots, Shoots and Leaves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Incredible how much work you have put into a detail like the explosion effects of crashed planes. Will be even more fun now to down Spitfires :
    Our master plan is coming to fruition...

This is all an elaborate mind control experiment, using Pavlovian conditioning techiques of reward and punishment to enslave all of you online to our evil design...

Soon you will be putty in our hands...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Our master plan is coming to fruition...

This is all an elaborate mind control experiment, using Pavlovian conditioning techiques of reward and punishment to enslave all of you online to our evil design...

Take care, mates!

Everything Buzz said is true, my wife wants to destroy my PC and exorcise me now because everyday i'm in front of my monitor, with the ATAG forum opened,
    repeating: 'All hail Team Fusion - All hail Team Fusion - All hail Team Fusion...'

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    So what's new?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast