Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Launcher Shortcut for IL2COD

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    262.05 MB

Re: Launcher Shortcut for IL2COD

Quote Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
    Like Steerpots, I would like the ability to go straight into the server but not get kicked back to desktop out as soon as I finish. Despite having a reasonable quad-core PC and a very fast broadband, for some reason it can take me four or five minutes to get from desktop to spawned! Even just leaving the server and coming back in when the map changes can take two or three minutes which is frustrating for the rest of my squad who are all lined up ready to take-off before I can even start my engine.
    S! Roblex
    The GUI above allows me to take advantage of the gap in the game when maps roll.
    I do this by clicking on the exit server button (yes still takes me back to the desktop)
    I clear the cache by clicking on the button(seems a useful thing to do if I'm out of the game)
    I then click on the ATAG button to re-join that server.

Suggest you do the same immediately the map says it's stopped; by the time you get back in not too much time will have been wasted.

As for the time it takes you to join/rejoin, that can be down to may things and I'd be happy to take you through the options and actions via TS, should you want to.

Steerpots

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    403.38 MB

My Current Launcher is a text file with the extension changed to CMD (Run_Dover.cmd)
    And the contents are:

rem only display outputs in the CMD prompt
    @echo off
    Rem Change to my D: drive where all my bulk data is
    D:
    rem park in a garbage directory
    cd "D:\Null"
    rem each ping waits one second so you can use 2 pings of the home IP piped to a null file to make the script wait one second
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rem delete the Cliffs of Dover Cache and any subdirectories and don't ask for a prompt
    rmdir /S /Q "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\cache"
    rem wait one second
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rem rotate through the six dashpics I have made and then list that directory briefly (debugging)
    CD "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected"
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\1.tga" 6.bak
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\2.tga" 1.tga
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\3.tga" 2.tga
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\4.tga" 3.tga
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\5.tga" 4.tga
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\6.tga" 5.tga
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rename "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\6.bak" 6.tga
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    dir /b "D:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD\DashPics\Selected\"
    rem I found running the executable for track IR was flakey, so I make a call to the link.
    Start "" "C:Users\Public\Public Desktop\TrackIRv5.lnk"
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rem open the ATAG teamspeak server - modify this for your preferred place, but ATAG is always busy so
    start ts3server://216.52.148.29?port=9987
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rem VC.lnk is the name of myshortcut to Virtual Cockpit
    Start "" D:\Desktop\VC.lnk
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    rem I got this link off the ATAG website, it should drop you straight in to the ATAG server 127
    Start steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016
    ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>null
    Last edited by Decay; Oct-02-2014 at 09:13. Reason: Correction
    "If a job's worth doing, it's worth half doing twice" - Homer

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    202.80 MB

Absolutely spiffing; top job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    141.46 MB

it works..shortcuted to my dt and clicked and wam bam I'm wif you guys...dudes and dudets ...you guys are the bomb..word

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12