Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is CoD for me?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Is CoD for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Save yourself a lot of grief and start by reading this thread...honestly it'll be worth the time invested

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=6431

Cheers, MP
    Hello Mystipuma

Thanks for info. I just can't understand why a download link would go straight to a zip file downloader rather than to the patch with the offer of a zip file downloader (I hope I'm making sense). I've been caught out too many times before, and if it is genuine, why hasn't it been mentioned by other ATAG members!

Salute

Jester/BlackKnight

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Okay, Team Fusion isn't officially affiliated with Steam/1C/Maddox, etc, etc. We are a group of modders. So currently we can't attach any of our downloads to 'official' updates.

The links provided in our updates are uploaded by Team Fusion to servers either run by or checked thoroughly by us.

So, when you click on the download link for v3.00 you go to the 'Hightail' download link-page.

When you click on the download button you get the option to save the MOD-Installer.zip

Save it!

This will download the zip file containing the Mod installer.

Unzip it and you will then have to double-click the ModInstaller.exe file and point it to your Cliffs of Dover install.

In-fact, just visit the link I gave you again and watch the tutorial video that Philstyle put together on how to install the MOD.

Seriously, there are no bugs/trojans/viruses. Thousands of players have downloaded that link and installed the MOD. It's very safe and if your virus warning popped up it is only because the .zip file contains an .exe file.....but that is the Mod installer.

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Just to add to MP's post.

Team Fusion is an organized project, its not just a bunch of people adding random stuff to a package.
    All the individual mod work is thoroughly tested and then compiled by one trusted person. And as long as you only download the packages through the links on this site, they are 100% secure and used by the entire community.

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Supporting Member III./ZG76_Keller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It's good to be wary of these type of things BlackKnight, but I can assure you that the file is safe. Hightail isn't one of those sites that includes other crap with your download.

You can download these patches with confidence.

III./ZG76 2N+ZR
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Intel Core i7 4970 @ 3.6 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, GTX 980 4GB GPU

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Okay, Team Fusion isn't officially affiliated with Steam/1C/Maddox, etc, etc. We are a group of modders. So currently we can't attach any of our downloads to 'official' updates.

The links provided in our updates are uploaded by Team Fusion to servers either run by or checked thoroughly by us.

So, when you click on the download link for v3.00 you go to the 'Hightail' download link-page.

When you click on the download button you get the option to save the MOD-Installer.zip

Save it!

This will download the zip file containing the Mod installer.

Unzip it and you will then have to double-click the ModInstaller.exe file and point it to your Cliffs of Dover install.

In-fact, just visit the link I gave you again and watch the tutorial video that Philstyle put together on how to install the MOD.

Seriously, there are no bugs/trojans/viruses. Thousands of players have downloaded that link and installed the MOD. It's very safe and if your virus warning popped up it is only because the .zip file contains an .exe file.....but that is the Mod installer.

Cheers, MP
    Thanks Mysticpuma
    I will download as described, can't be too cautious when getting true/false warnings from my Antivirus software!

Kind regards Jester/BlackKnight

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Keller View Post
    It's good to be wary of these type of things BlackKnight, but I can assure you that the file is safe. Hightail isn't one of those sites that includes other crap with your download.

You can download these patches with confidence.
    Hi Keller

I did think after posting that it must be safe to download. I'm just a wise old geezer who has been caught out in the past, spending days delousing my PC...

Salute Jester/BlackKnight

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    Just to add to MP's post.

Team Fusion is an organized project, its not just a bunch of people adding random stuff to a package.
    All the individual mod work is thoroughly tested and then compiled by one trusted person. And as long as you only download the packages through the links on this site, they are 100% secure and used by the entire community.

Hello Slipstream

As I've said to the other guys, I'm a cautious old bugger, maybe too cautious. On a lighter note, I flew (offline) pre mod's CloD last night for an hour or so with no CTD or BSOD. I'd forgotten how stunning the in cockpit graphics are. Still managed to cook my Spits engine by forgetting to open my radiator flaps DOH... Even more amazed my joystick settings and game names had been saved by Steam, so I had no setting up to do. If Team Fusion Mods cure my problems, I'll be happy, any other improvements will be a bonus. Incidentally, on medium settings, full screen resolution, I was getting 50-65 FPS, 40 wizzing through the tree's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Hi BlackKnight

Nobody can blame you for being cautious these days, but rest assured we take our responsibility very seriously and everything is 100% secure.

Really glad you had a good time in CloD last night. If you have good performance with vanilla CloD, then should see even more improvements with the Team Fusion patches.

Steam does save settings, however it can also save erroneous settings as it synchronises any changed settings with steam cloud. Most people turn this off for CloD as it can cause issues.

To do this select library in steam, then right click IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, select properties, and then select the updates tab from the dialog box that pops up. Now at the bottom you can untick the check-box for "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL2 Sturmovik - Cliffs of Dover".

Now you've refreshed your memory with vanilla CloD, try out the TF mod. All of the Multi-player servers are running it, and your sure to be amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
    Hello Slipstream

As I've said to the other guys, I'm a cautious old bugger, maybe too cautious. On a lighter note, I flew (offline) pre mod's CloD last night for an hour or so with no CTD or BSOD. I'd forgotten how stunning the in cockpit graphics are. Still managed to cook my Spits engine by forgetting to open my radiator flaps DOH... Even more amazed my joystick settings and game names had been saved by Steam, so I had no setting up to do. If Team Fusion Mods cure my problems, I'll be happy, any other improvements will be a bonus. Incidentally, on medium settings, full screen resolution, I was getting 50-65 FPS, 40 wizzing through the tree's.

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 11 Pro

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slipstream View Post
    Hi BlackKnight

Nobody can blame you for being cautious these days, but rest assured we take our responsibility very seriously and everything is 100% secure.

Really glad you had a good time in CloD last night. If you have good performance with vanilla CloD, then should see even more improvements with the Team Fusion patches.

Steam does save settings, however it can also save erroneous settings as it synchronises any changed settings with steam cloud. Most people turn this off for CloD as it can cause issues.

To do this select library in steam, then right click IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, select properties, and then select the updates tab from the dialog box that pops up. Now at the bottom you can untick the check-box for "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for IL2 Sturmovik - Cliffs of Dover".

Now you've refreshed your memory with vanilla CloD, try out the TF mod. All of the Multi-player servers are running it, and your sure to be amazed!
    Thanks for the info, anything that can improve my CloD experience has got to be good. You're right about not all games settings being saved, after I'd cooked my engine I found out my canopy eject button didn't function so I ditched in the sea and drowned. My main objective yesterday was to see if CloD would work albeit off line. Believe me, I'll be happy to stooge over The Channel making contrails watching you experts at play. That's not to say I wouldn't have a go at a lame duck if I'm flying an Emile. Now it's time to try to download the patches!!!

Ciao Jester/BlackKnight

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

CoD is 35% off at Steam, this weekend, afaik

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by robtek View Post
    CoD is 35% off at Steam, this weekend, afaik
    Hi robtek

Fortunately, one of the ATAG member told me that if I had a copy of CloD registered with Steam, I could download a copy FOC from Steam. I thought it was a steal at £6.99, so if it's cheaper than that, even more so. Nice to know ATAG guys are looking after each other..

Kind regards BlackKnight/Jester

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Mysticpuma
    I will download as described, can't be too cautious when getting true/false warnings from my Antivirus software!

Hi MP
    I'm having trouble dl v3.0 patches. It's not down to your instructions, more my dippy interpretation me thinks. I'm at the stage where I'm in the Hightail folders section, below the ticked Hightail folder, I have 2 ticked folders, one called Saved, the other Mod Installer Zip. I get a window asking me if I want to save Mod Installer Zip download. When click save, I get a window asking where I want to save to, but clicking save does nothing. I feel I'm very close to saving the file but am missing something. I wish I could just dl al three patches as zip files using Win Zip or 7 Zip, this Hightail is giving me a head ache...

Kind regards BlackKnight
    Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb-23-2014 at 11:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Hi MP
    I'm having trouble dl v3.0 patches. It's not down to your instructions, more my dippy interpretation me thinks. I'm at the stage where I'm in the Hightail folders section, below the ticked Hightail folder, I have 2 ticked folders, one called Saved, the other Mod Installer Zip. I get a window asking me if I want to save Mod Installer Zip download. When click save, I get a window asking where I want to save to, but clicking save does nothing. I feel I'm very close to saving the file but am missing something. I wish I could just dl al three patches as zip files using Win Zip or 7 Zip, this Hightail is giving me a head ache...

Kind regards BlackKnight
    The patches are .zip files when you download them.

Which internet browser are you using? You should be able to download the files by using the download button, or clicking where it says "zip". Try choosing "save as".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Mod installer v3.00 can be downloaded directly from this link I just uploaded for you:

http://we.tl/oLbh5gQpVf

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Mod Installer v3.01 can be downloaded directly from this link I just uploaded for you:

http://we.tl/KNKAdLxQ2D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

The links provided are active for 7-days only

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

The links provided are active for 7-days only
    Hi MP

I feel I'm being a pain in the ass to you, my browser is Internet Explorer. I tried your dl link and yet again it hung up on the save/save as window.
    I'm not a computer wizard, though given that I came from an era where Germanium Transistors were state of art kit and a 14" TV was king lol.
    I don't know why I'm having trouble with zip files as in World of Tanks, with each update, I download a whole load of zip mod files. I'll put it down to the curse of CloD. It's really frustrating as before dinner, I was flying an E3doing circuits and bumps at Manston, that really confused my AI wingman. I do so hope I can resolve my problems as even Vanilla CloD is good to fly (when working)..

Regards BlackKnight
    Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb-23-2014 at 14:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

v4.00 is a much larger download, just over 2 GB.

I have had to split the installer into 2 parts.

File 1:

http://we.tl/mPIZWLxbDB (1.4Gb in total)

File 2:

http://we.tl/WlV2gjKBtf (713mb in total)

Download both files.

Put them in the same folder

Double-click File one (the largest one which is a self extracting installer), if it asks you where you want to extract the file, click 'OK'. This will extract the files into the same folder you placed the first two files in.

It will then extract the files of which there will be two.

There are now the files you need to install v4.00

The first is called: Mod 4.0 Installer.exe

The second is called: Mod-v40

Double-click: Mod 4.0 Installer.exe

and it will ask you where your CloD install is. Point it there. Click okay

PLEASE READ THIS FOR A FULL DETAILED ACCOUNT OF HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCHES CORRECTLY:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=6431

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Have you tried installing Mozilla Firefox? May be worth a try and once you have downloaded the files just uninstall Firefox?

I wonder if it's because it's an .exe file? Can I ask what anti-virus you have? It may be blocking you from downloading them?

Just a couple of suggestions.

Also, what country are you in?

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Sent you a private message Blacknight

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Sent you a private message Blacknight
    Hi Lolsav

Could you please resend the private message as I lost your first one through popup blocker loosing it. I've now turned off popup blocker.

Thank you for your patience.

kind regards BlackKnight

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Now you've turned off your pop-up blocker...can you try my download links again? Basically when you click on the link it will take you to a download page. Click on that link and you should get the option to 'Save File'. Click on it and it should download to your default download folder (usually Downloads).

Cheers, MP

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Now you've turned off your pop-up blocker...can you try my download links again? Basically when you click on the link it will take you to a download page. Click on that link and you should get the option to 'Save File'. Click on it and it should download to your default download folder (usually Downloads).

Cheers, MP
    Hi Puma

Still won't save file even with Popup Blocker off and Avast AV disabled ... I'll download Mozilla Firefox (a browser I've never used) and try again. You asked where I live. I live in Hinckley, a small town in middle England. Hinckley is a Medieval market town famed for inventing the Hansom Cab and now the home of Triumph Motorcycles. Also, 10 miles away lies Bosworth Battle Field where King Richard III was slain. Incidentally, Richards body was found 2 years ago under a car park in our county city of Leicester.
    I can't thank you and Lolsav enough for giving me a distant learning computer course lol. I'll report back after trying Mozilla.

Regards BlackKnight/Jester
    Last edited by BlackKnight; Feb-24-2014 at 14:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Your pm is still there. Click your own name and go to inbox

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Hi Puma

Still won't save file even with Popup Blocker off and Avast AV disabled ... I'll download Mozilla Firefox (a browser I've never used) and try again.
    You asked where I live. I live in Hinckley, a small town in middle England. Hinckley is a Medieval market town famed for inventing the Hansom Cab and now the home of Triumph Motorcycles. Also, 10 miles away lies Bosworth Battle Field where King Richard III was Incidentally, Richards body was found 2 years ago under a car park in our county city of Leicester.
    I cant thank you and Lolsav enough for giving me a distant learning computer course lol. I'll report back after trying Mozilla.

I'm 10 miles south of Birmingham, blimey, send me you address ( by PM ) and I'll put it in a disk and it should be with you by Wednesday

No problem.

Cheers, MP

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Hi Puma

Still won't save file even with Popup Blocker off and Avast AV disabled ... I'll download Mozilla Firefox (a browser I've never used) and try again. You asked where I live. I live in Hinckley, a small town in middle England. Hinckley is a Medieval market town famed for inventing the Hansom Cab and now the home of Triumph Motorcycles. Also, 10 miles away lies Bosworth Battle Field where King Richard III was slain. Incidentally, Richards body was found 2 years ago under a car park in our county city of Leicester.
    I can't thank you and Lolsav enough for giving me a distant learning computer course lol. I'll report back after trying Mozilla.

I know Hinckley, I'm from Coventry.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I'm 10 miles south of Birmingham, blimey, send me you address ( by PM ) and I'll put it in a disk and it should be with you by Wednesday

No problem.

Cheers, MP
    Hi Puma
    You're almost a Brummie then lol.. I got Lolsav's message (thanks buddy), I hadn't clue that his pm to me was saved on the ATAG Server.
    Not sure how to do a PM but I'm sure I'll figure it out (eventually). If you think a disk will save me from faffing around, bring it on.
    Did you ITV Midlands news tonight showing the last Airline flight of a DC10 used by Bangladesh Airlines. Apparently it's been flying all week from BHX with enthusiasts coming from 52 countries to take the last flights.

Regards BlackKnight

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Yes saw it. Looked like there were more Americans onboard than British!

I will get the disk to you and include a phone number so if you get stuck I will do.my best to get you up and running

As Slipstream said, he's from Coventry, so there are a few of us here that are 'locals'

Cheers, MP

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Links are dead, these links worked for me when i extracted the data files but the other alternative links in the other thread did not work when extracted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Which files do you need? I can upload them again tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12