Thread: TrackIR views jumping about

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

TrackIR views jumping about

This is only happening with CLoD. I have deleted the snap and pan views and TrackIR=1 is in my user config.

My set up screen is OK for TrackIR

Please dont judge the flying I do know that sitting on a bombers 6 is not a great idea.
    Last edited by DD_Crash; Feb-23-2014 at 10:33. Reason: tried to embed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: TrackIR views jumping about

Try my profile (TrackIR 5 for Clip):

Lolsav profile CLIP.zip

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Thanks, it must have been a profile error.

Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Hi all,

I'm getting similar jumps around the centre point as the OP.
    Using Delan clip with PS3 camera and Opentrack 2.10.
    Deadzones don't help.

Any suggestions?

Prey
    My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.4ghz - used
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB - used
    8gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 ram - new
    Samsung 250gb 850 EVO ssd - new
    EVGA 500 B power supply - new
    Thrustmaster T16000m stick - new
    EDTracker - used / DELAN CLIP PS3 CAMERA - new
    CH Gameport Pro Pedals - used

5. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Prey Stalker View Post
    Hi all,

I'm getting similar jumps around the centre point as the OP.
    Using Delan clip with PS3 camera and Opentrack 2.10.
    Deadzones don't help.

Any suggestions?

Prey
    (Did not want to like the post, just wanted to answer... )

See if you start Opentrack and start tracking, what the dots do. As you move your head around are there always 3 of them?
    If there are sometimes 4 or more, that may cause problems.
    If so, then you should adjust your Ps3 camera settings in the CL-Eye Test software.
    Trial with gain and exposure, until you got firm, big dots, and check with Opentrack how the track quality changes.
    See tutorial here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHuNIzBmnSk
    ( https://delanengineering.com/manual/ )

(I am using Delanclip with Ps3 camera too and I had some issues at the first time too. I thought i have set the camera right, but when the evening came and turned on the lights, I had jumps in my view and I had to readjust my camera settings to have bigger firmer dots than before that would work fine in all lighting conditions.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Is the room dark enough?

I am using the Delan clip as well, and as long as the room is dark enough and set up as Ginger states,
    it works well for me with no jumping.

It sometimes sticks when checking my six on the left, but think i just need to change the mapping a bit.
    Last edited by farley; Feb-21-2019 at 15:36.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

8. Likes PreyStalker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Thanks for those suggestions guys.

I will give them a go, but I forgot to say that I don't have any problems in il2 BoS and my dots are big and clear.

It happens regardless of daylight or darkness too.

I can look around fine, it's smooth and works well. It just doesn't like the neutral centre position.

Keep those ideas coming please
    Windows 7 64 bit

10. Likes farley, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Are you using a different Opentrack profile for BoX? Try copying the BoX one and using that if so.

If it doesn't like the centre position the dots might alternatively be too big, turn down the threshold setting under Camera settings.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

12. Likes PreyStalker, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post
    (Did not want to like the post, just wanted to answer... )

See if you start Opentrack and start tracking, what the dots do. As you move your head around are there always 3 of them?
    If there are sometimes 4 or more, that may cause problems.
    If so, then you should adjust your Ps3 camera settings in the CL-Eye Test software.
    Trial with gain and exposure, until you got firm, big dots, and check with Opentrack how the track quality changes.
    See tutorial here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHuNIzBmnSk
    ( https://delanengineering.com/manual/ )

(I am using Delanclip with Ps3 camera too and I had some issues at the first time too. I thought i have set the camera right, but when the evening came and turned on the lights, I had jumps in my view and I had to readjust my camera settings to have bigger firmer dots than before that would work fine in all lighting conditions.)
    what ginger said is spot on,

just yesterday I was tinkering with a friends install and ANY issue is most likely down to the camera cl eye test software not having the correct gain and exposure. You want the opentrack software to see a largely black screen but the LED lights to be like shining stars. Opentrack just controls the speed and movements in the mapping, if you click the hammer next to input you will see the size of the led pixels and you can adjust them to how far you normally sit and what opentrack sees as a light point.

anytime opentrack loses the red pixel reference it will freak in game so these have to be maintained at all times for all 3 LED points.

another note the PS3 eye camera has a manual twist for focusing the camera ensure this is middled like a pair of binoculars you can go to far one way and then the other.

Whilst it is a bit of tinkering and knowing what does what it saves paying the extra 150 quid for Track IR.

it doesnt matter what game your playing opentrack sees what it sees unless you have a different profile loaded that has mapping that isnt the same. After watching the video I'd say the up/down axis isnt right, I have this off as I dont want my head movements effecting the gunsight.
    Last edited by No.119_Bruv; Feb-22-2019 at 05:47.

14. Likes Gingerbread, PreyStalker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

Hm, strange...

Anyhow, I attach my camera settings and what my Opentrack software sees. (It may help others.)

cl-eye.JPG opentrack.JPG

Two other issues come into my mind that I had when I installed my Delanclip.

1. I had to find the proper angle of the clip on my headset, so that in no position in the movement range of my head would any of the leds come too close together in the Opentrack software.
    If the leds seem overlapped, the software can not recognise them, so the view jumps (or hangs).
    Since the tracking works for you in other games, I don't think it is your case.

2. I first used FaceTrackNoIR because it was recommended by Delan, but I just could not make the tracking work in CLoD. I tried every setting, but it just not worked. I already started thinking that my device is broken. Then, as a last hope, I tried it in IL2-1946, and it worked with ease. That is when I installed Opentrack, and from that point on, it was OK in CLoD too, I only needed some finetuning.

What I want to say is, CLoD may be sensitive when it comes to input and output formats of tracking software.

You wrote you are using Opentrack 2.10. Is it 2.3.10 or really 2.10? (I can't find 2.1 on the website just 2.0 or 2.2.)
    If it is 2.1 then you may try to update your Opentrack.
    If it is 2.3.10 then make sure the input format is PointTracker 1.1.
    The output for me is freetrack 2.0 Enhanched, and it is working fine for me. (I just searched for it and freetrack 2.2 is available but I did not try it yet.)

These are my 2 cents.
    Sorry for my english and my wall of babbling. I was just thinking "aloud".
    Last edited by Gingerbread; Feb-22-2019 at 06:25. Reason: image upload error

16. Likes PreyStalker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

just for clarity because this can be confusing enough, in ginger's 2nd pic I referred to clicking on a hammer next to input. on my version it is a hammer on gingers pic it is just a square.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Thanks guys, some success last night !

Seems like CLOD is really sensitive to the UP/DOWN Y axis, especially with a closed canopy. (My head seems to bounce back off the top part of the canopy)

I toned down the Y mapping to almost a flat line, with only a very slight diagonal gradient. It needs a small deadzone in the Y mapping too as there seemed to be a tiny bump near the beginning, but it's much better now.

I also toned down the BACK/FORWARD Z axis because that is very sensitive too.

It is Opentrack 2.3.10 by the way. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd seen posts from people saying they disabled the Y axis, but that defeats the whole point of buying a tracker with 6 DOF, plus I need to be able to peer over the shiny yellow nose of my 109 when I'm raining bullets from above !

Many thanks for your ideas guys. I'm really pleased with the Delan clip and PS3 camera overall. Needs some tweaking and the camera has to be at the same level as the clip to avoid PITCH problems looking up and down, but otherwise it's a great bit of kit for the price.

Happy flying

Prey

Windows 7 64 bit

19. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.99 MB

I'm glad that you could figure it out!

You may also try to use the hotkey functions of Opentrack, if you are not using them already.
    I set a key combination to reset my center view in Opentrack.
    I use it often as it comes in handy when I adjust myself in the seat or my headphones on my head to remain comfortable after a while.

Happy flying!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Hi all.

This is not about TrackIR specifically as I use the Delan clip. Just didn't want to start a new thread.

Not sure what I have done, but because I just got Bodenplatte (First one of the series I have purchased), made some adjustments to Opentrack, and now when I move my head forward, i get a lateral movement in the cockpit, and also my head will not stay centered. This is in Bodenplatte and Blitz now, so not just the new ini I made for Platte.

I have gone in and adjusted and even turned off all of the settings except pitch and yaw and it is still happening.
    Still getting lateral head movements.

Any suggestions as to a fix would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ok, back to work...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Farley,

I have TrackIR, so this may not apply. Check behind you for any reflective surface, lamps, or a bright window. A slight movement of your head may partially obscure or expose that secondary lighting to the sensor, giving it a false signal. Similarly, if you’re wearing eyeglasses, the reflection of your monitor off the lenses or eyeglass frame may also be picked up by the sensor.

For me it was the bright afternoon sun that began to stream through the window behind me that goofed up my TrackIR...until I closed the curtain!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

23. Likes farley, ATAG_Headshot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Hi Snap.

Thanks for your help. Wasn't the answer i needed tho because i did not explain my problem...

I was in a hurry when I wrote my last bit, and so didn't explain it very well at all. My apologies.

What happened was that i downloaded Bodenplatte the other day, my first in the series.

Set up head tracking in it, but then found that when I moved my head forward and back, (Z-axis i think), my in game head would move from one side of the cockpit to the other (x-axis).

Did it in BLITZ as well. Fiddled with it for hours, trying to find fixes online etc. Basically put my real life on hold for a couple of evenings (my cat is a bit thinner now!)

Anyhow, skip to the bottom line here...... for some reason after loading Bodenplatte I updated opentrack from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1, and that was the whole problem right there.

Just now reinstalled 2.3.0 and the x-axis movement when moving along the z-axis has resolved.

I knew that 2.3.1 had problems, but just had to do it......... as I've said to myself so many times, "If it ain't broke...."

Now I need to spend the next few hours catching up on my real life work stuff.

But head still doesn't seem to be centered when in the P-38, so.....

Thanks again Snap.

25. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hi farley

Have a look at this with regard to view setup in IL2 GB

Hope this helps.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

27. Likes ATAG_Snapper, farley, Stormrider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Hi farley

Have a look at this with regard to view setup in IL2 GB

Hope this helps.

Perfect! Thanks Vamps, that sorted the view problem out perfectly and I'm a happy camper now.

Haven't been able to find an IL 2 manual for the series. Does anyone know of the best place to go for info, in terms of how to get it up and running as well as possible, etc?

I do wish the cockpit was clickable, but can't have everything; I enjoy going through the whole startup sequence (like in the A2A Spitfire for eg). But it is nice to sit in a P-38 again, haven't done that since the old Il 2 days.... and this is so much nicer.

29. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

This is for the benefit of those who use TrackIR with the Trackclip (the metal clip u attach to a baseball cap).
    This may have been discussed somewhere but I am too lazy to look for it and the OPs title fits what was happening to me.
    My views had been shakey for a while and was pretty much ignoring it thinking it was just some ambient light disruption.
    Finally noticed that the reflective coating on 2 of the 3 reflectors was wearing off due to my careless manhandling of them.
    Got some silvery-white reflective tape from the hardware store and cut three small strips (made them about twice the height of the reflector tab and 3 times the length) and folded them around the tabs.
    Works perfectly and no more glitchy shaking.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post