Thread: Grey square in top lh corner of the screen

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Question Grey square in top lh corner of the screen

I have installed patch 4.0 everything runs fine, except i have a grey box in top lh corner of the screen covering the comms menu, how can i get rid of this ?

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    262.05 MB

Re: Grey square in top lh corner of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by ALANBRAZIER View Post
    I have installed patch 4.0 everything runs fine, except i have a grey box in top lh corner of the screen covering the comms menu, how can i get rid of this ?
    S! Alan and welcome to TF v4.0

The grey box to which you refer is most probably an info window.
    To get rid of it, right click it and select close.

69th Steerpots

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Welcome to the community and forums ALANBRAZIER....~S~

OK..Do not panic...That grey box is an info window and there is a procedure to get rid of it and to get the windows exactly where you want them and with the right info in them for your style of play...Follow the directions I have given below...

To delete a window we must open and close another ingame window so right click on a vacant area of screen (try the center of your screen) and then left click 'New Info Window'. Now Right click on this new window (in the top left) and left click 'Close Window Info Window'. You can then right click on the initial window you wanted to remove and then click 'Close Window Info Window'. Sometimes more than one window is created in the same area so keep right clicking on them clicking 'Close Window Info Window' until they have all gone...It is important that during this process you do not accidently click anywhere else as this will nullify the procedure and you will have to start over again

This laborious and non-intuitive process is put into play as a safe guard from accidently creating and deleting windows....JFYI

Here is the walk through guide to 'Windows Management' to get those windows working properly for you...They can greatly enhance the game and give you info in flight so pretty important...

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgrou...d=info_windows

Here is a basic setup to start with.....This setup and how to set it up step by step is in the Guide link above..

Let us know if it works ok for you and if you have any other questions....

Also...

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...
    Last edited by ATAG_Lewis; Mar-14-2014 at 08:27.
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

And, this empty "Info Window" are placed on screen at game first install for player know that all CloD "Info Window" can be turned OFF, customized, re-positioned, merged with another. A plus.
    Notice that a turned OFF "Info Window" dont have option to be turned ON, is need create a new.

Sokol1

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.81 GB

I do not use the grey box as my flying is solo and basic. I found yesterday press "Shift and right click on box" and it disappears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thats a great tutorial Pill..(as usual)....It would make a good addition to the 'Windows Guide' I did in the wiki....Would that be ok?
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle

Supporting Member 92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Thats a great tutorial Pill..(as usual)....It would make a good addition to the 'Windows Guide' I did in the wiki....Would that be ok?
    sure, I've got no issue with any of my vids being used. Consider that a permanent and ongoing approval for all of them

(The videos already credit the author/ 92 sqn within.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Thanks Phill....I have been meaning to update the 'windows guide' anyway as I was unaware of the 'Alt' left click feature when I made it all that time ago...so I need to correct that...thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 69th Steerpots View Post
    S! Alan and welcome to TF v4.0

The grey box to which you refer is most probably an info window.
    To get rid of it, right click it and select close.

69th Steerpots
    Thanks for your help grey box all gone, happy flying.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Welcome to the community and forums ALANBRAZIER....~S~

OK..Do not panic...That grey box is an info window and there is a procedure to get rid of it and to get the windows exactly where you want them and with the right info in them for your style of play...Follow the directions I have given below...

To delete a window we must open and close another ingame window so right click on a vacant area of screen (try the center of your screen) and then left click 'New Info Window'. Now Right click on this new window (in the top left) and left click 'Close Window Info Window'. You can then right click on the initial window you wanted to remove and then click 'Close Window Info Window'. Sometimes more than one window is created in the same area so keep right clicking on them clicking 'Close Window Info Window' until they have all gone...It is important that during this process you do not accidently click anywhere else as this will nullify the procedure and you will have to start over again

This laborious and non-intuitive process is put into play as a safe guard from accidently creating and deleting windows....JFYI

Here is the walk through guide to 'Windows Management' to get those windows working properly for you...They can greatly enhance the game and give you info in flight so pretty important...

http://www.theairtacticalassaultgrou...d=info_windows

Here is a basic setup to start with.....This setup and how to set it up step by step is in the Guide link above..

Let us know if it works ok for you and if you have any other questions....

Also...

Checkout the 'Beginners Guide'...for info and tips...It should save you a heap of time in getting up to scratch.....and its a really fun learning curve anyway..

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...t=5058&p=52711

Any questions then you've come to the right place....

Good to have you with us buddy...and Have Fun!!!

...lew...
    Thanks for your help, grey box all gone, happy flying.