Thread: Monitor settings !

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Monitor settings !

Hi all ! Santa dropped my new 27 " monitor off "early" and I cant believe the diffrence,not only in COD but every thing.A big improvement for my "tired old eyes" is, I can see "dots" much further away in COD and also I can see and track planes much easier ! When I first tried COD on it it,it was great but something wasnt right.....I hate monitor menus so I never really played around with any, apart from contrast maybe !...So idid the Google "thing" on my monitor !...Set up a single plane mission on the ground(30 seconds to do ),played it with externals and adjusted my monitor whilst I looked around...A bit of muckin around,I know,but guys if you want some free eye candy for COD its worth "tuning" your monitor !:Grin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Monitor settings !

Way to go, Jaydee! Congrats!! :happy

But don't leave us hanging!!!!! Details, man, DETAILS!!!!! LOL

What monitor did you get? What resolution to you run with CoD. What tweaks did you do????? Inquiring minds want to know! :Grin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

--- If I might interject here ? although my monitor is diff type = dell 24 in wide , you did perk my interest ----and it worked very well ----the only things i changed from default that made a good difference == brightness from 50 to 75, contrast from 50 to75, dynamic contrast to off, sharpness to 80, mod selection from grafics to VIDEO , and the one that made the most and best diff was = changed preset from (GAME) TO (NATURE) this brought the colors into ( in my view ) more realistic , the grass went from a too bright green to looking more real ---- slightly subdued ----every thing else also looks great -and can see to distance well -----im done tuning this mon == very happy with it --------thank for the heads up Jaydee ----------------Mohawk...
    Last edited by MOHAWK; Dec-23-2011 at 08:28. Reason: CORRECTIONS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Hi all ! Santa dropped my new 27 " monitor off "early" and I cant believe the diffrence,not only in COD but every thing.A big improvement for my "tired old eyes" is, I can see "dots" much further away in COD and also I can see and track planes much easier ! When I first tried COD on it it,it was great but something wasnt right.....I hate monitor menus so I never really played around with any, apart from contrast maybe !...So idid the Google "thing" on my monitor !...Set up a single plane mission on the ground(30 seconds to do ),played it with externals and adjusted my monitor whilst I looked around...A bit of muckin around,I know,but guys if you want some free eye candy for COD its worth "tuning" your monitor !:Grin:
    What is: "The Google Thing"?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Catseye,I just Googled "asus ve27 monitor" and it came up with reviews,user comments,its good and bad points and a bit of helpful infomation in adjusting it !