Thread: I musta got it wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

I musta got it wrong

So about that neg/g carb cutout thingy.

Onething to get out maneuvered with bucket loads of E, but then the target comes back climbing like a home sick angel!

I'm clearly way out of touch haha
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: I musta got it wrong

And...?

Do you think that his engine didn't cut?

Better look for terrible mistakes that you did, especially that one at 0:50, you were lucky not being shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Indeed vranac

The whole thing caught me very much of guard.
    What really surprised me though was the speed he came back at which I did not think was possible.
    I also made a big error in pressing forward and kept trying to follow, and bled to much speed.

At the 50s mark about thats when I decided to run.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    138.5 KB

Not seeing a problem, when he bunted you followed (your shots were nowhere near him by the way you had zero lead) he started his pull out before you and it was the zoom climb in the crossover that caught you out, engine cutout does not stop a plane diving just reduces its acceleration, you can't eliminate gravity, then when you pulled out you were above him as he had to put the nose down to gain airspeed and then he's climbing up to you on boost, so what's the issue?

To be honest the error was when you followed the bunt instead of climbing and repositioning, you gave up your height advantage which you could have used to gain speed and dive on him if he tried to extend or climb to you!
    Last edited by Gromit; Dec-10-2017 at 08:15.

5. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    To be honest the error was when you followed the bunt instead of climbing and repositioning, you gave up your height advantage which you could have used to gain speed and dive on him if he tried to extend or climb to you!
    Yeah that about right.
    I did not expect him to keep pushing down so long and got suckered into it. That and the extra speed I was carrying with the hard push forward killed my advantage completely.

7. Likes Gromit liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quite disappointing, when you think something like: "MMmmmm, a nice juicy hurribus, jammy" and then, "Urrrghh, what are you doing, bad hurri, bad hurri !!"
    That is a bit strange move but I know a couple of pilots that are using that on a regular base.

If you just waited in that peak a couple of more seconds he would never come close to you, but you already know that, I'm sure.

9. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Yes vranac, a few consecutive poor decisions from me compounded to advantage being reversed, quickly.
    Well done to the bus pilot.
    It was a bit more than a 'bunt' though, it was a hard sustained neg G, which in the end was what really caught me out when he came back strongly on the first reverse.
    Luckily, even with my mistakes, I had enough to get just out of range with only a few scratches to the paint work to show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

I thought it was a good little vid...The Hurri pilot (who was he?) did well...No clear shots from either so...two good pilots with the predicted outcome...

The negative G manoeuvre is a good go to move for anyone...even in a carburated aircraft...As long as you don't stall the engine to a point at which you have to go into a drastic dive to recover it then its still a good evasive tactic....

At the point at which the enemy attacking aircraft is on your 6 he already (usually) has the 'E' advantage anyway so losing some more airspeed on the defensive isn't a biggy as far as I know...

Good vid...Thanks for sharing

~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

12. Likes Vlerkies liked this post