Thread: HRCODWAR: Multi-squadron dynamic campaign system

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

HRCODWAR: Multi-squadron dynamic campaign system

We are the http://www.halconesrojos.com a Spanish virtual squadron.

We proudly present our unique system to play multi-squadron dynamic campaigns for "IL2 Sturmovik - Cliffs Of Dover" to the community.

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/home

It is a brand new system allowing multiple squadrons fighting in a two sided campaign. Squads can manage their own resources, move their ground units, manage the production of their factories, power plants, refineries and ship yards, arrange troop landings into enemy territory and, of course, fly air raids to attack enemy infrastructures and troops in multiplayer game sessions. Besides, all those actions take place within a dynamic scenary supported by a web server interface that provides, under request and password protected, status of the campaign and the map among other relevant information. It also allows to program orders to both the units and the industries between game sessions, among many other features.

All this development would have been useless without the support and participation in the testing phase of some other spanish squads and the valuable involvement in the role of "commanders" of some of its pilots. Therefore we encourage you to take a look at the system and the detailed manual you can find in the "Downloads HRCODWAR" section.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have and pay a visit to our official forum http://halconesrojos.com/cantina/index.php?board=29.0 so that we can give you detailed explanations and even to perform some guided tests.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.32 MB

Re: HRCODWAR: Multi-squadron dynamic campaign system

Hola!

Ive know you guys work for a bit now, althought i never participated in the campaign. I know just a few members of ATAG did briefly participate and as far as i know you guys work is with HR campaign war is just brilliant.

Por favor, me hace un favor, dice "Hola!" a Zunzun, mi conocido de Il2 1946.

Perdonna my español, qui soy portugues

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    7.46 MB

This looks very interesting. I have to say that the video could really use some actual game play footage to explain what's going on. We've not all come from IL2/1946 or played SEOW you know

I've downloaded the source code and the manual, and will have a look through. Thanks for making it available in English. I saw the initial Spanish release and was frustrated as my Spanish is limited to "hola!".

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lolsav View Post
    Hola!
    Por favor, me hace un favor, dice "Hola!" a Zunzun, mi conocido de Il2 1946.
    Saludado queda, aunque ultimamente no esta tan activo como en los viejos tiempos de IL2

Quote Originally Posted by 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) View Post
    This looks very interesting. I have to say that the video could really use some actual game play footage to explain what's going on. We've not all come from IL2/1946 or played SEOW you know

I've downloaded the source code and the manual, and will have a look through. Thanks for making it available in English. I saw the initial Spanish release and was frustrated as my Spanish is limited to "hola!".
    Well the gameplay itself, once you are flying your mission, isn't that different from any other serious mission. The main difference is the management of resources via chat, or mainly using the website. It would be great to have a video explaining how to use the website, how to move troops on the map, how to make the templates to start a campaign... but honestly we don't have time right now, and I think that is well explained (english mistakes aside) on the website (
    http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwa...namic-campaign and all the documentation links) and the manual (in the downloads section) where you have for example images of the map on the website or of the whole proccess of making a template in the FMB.

Anyway if you have any specific doubt about the system I'll be glad to answer it

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thank you very much from the members of Team Fusion!

This will go a long way to allow players to create really exciting and immersive online wars.

Quote Originally Posted by HR_Naglfar View Post

We proudly present our unique system to play multi-squadron dynamic campaigns for "IL2 Sturmovik - Cliffs Of Dover" to the community.

It is a brand new system allowing multiple squadrons fighting in a two sided campaign. Squads can manage their own resources, move their ground units, manage the production of their factories, power plants, refineries and ship yards, arrange troop landings into enemy territory and, of course, fly air raids to attack enemy infrastructures and troops in multiplayer game sessions. Besides, all those actions take place within a dynamic scenary supported by a web server interface that provides, under request and password protected, status of the campaign and the map among other relevant information. It also allows to program orders to both the units and the industries between game sessions, among many other features.

All this development would have been useless without the support and participation in the testing phase of some other spanish squads and the valuable involvement in the role of "commanders" of some of its pilots. Therefore we encourage you to take a look at the system and the detailed manual you can find in the "Downloads HRCODWAR" section.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have and pay a visit to our official forum http://halconesrojos.com/cantina/index.php?board=29.0 so that we can give you detailed explanations and even to perform some guided tests.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Very nice gesture to release this to the community. Looks like a fantastic online war system. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HR_Naglfar View Post

Thanks!!

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

HR_Naglfar,

Muy agradecido por el gesto y el esfuerzo por traducir al ingles todo el material.
    Por favor dale mis saludos a todos en HR y A0

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    78.01 MB

Thank You Very very much !!!

I am giving it a try already and have few questions:

1.Where is "ORDENESHRCODWARRC1.xlsm" suppose to go? ...No info about it...... I am presuming \Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

2. Is there any solution in case Steam crashes server. I see You based all data saves on "battle stop" so this will cause troubles in case Steam logs off server...

3. I am running web server on :8080 and getting this:

Code:
    Server: [HRCODWAR - ERROR SCRIPT (System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to
    the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could b
    e made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddre
    ss socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Sock
    et s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state,
    IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCol
    lection data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(String address, String method, NameValue
    Collection data)
       at Mission.HRCODWAR_Recibir_Ordenes()) ]
    In which file to I configure ports???

4. I reverted web ports to 80 and still getting this, Whats wrong in here?
    Code:
    Server: [HRCODWAR - Making petition to (http://localhost/hrcodwarweb/ajax/servic
    es.php?a=datos) ]
    Server: [HRCODWAR - No answer - Without orders]
    Last edited by Nephilim; Mar-20-2014 at 06:58.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Thank You Very very much !!!

I am giving it a try already and have few questions:
    I'm glad to see people already trying it

For this kind of technical questions it would be better to register and post it in our forums:

http://halconesrojos.com/cantina/index.php?board=29.0

Where the developer and people with experience in setting up the web and the server for the campaign could give you a much better answer than me (also I can't be watching this thread forever ). I'll try to answer what I can, and I've asked in our forums too, but it would be easier and quicker if you ask directly there.

1.Where is "ORDENESHRCODWARRC1.xlsm" suppose to go? ...No info about it...... I am presuming \Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.
    I'm guessing that if it's a file generated by the web (I don't see it in the web .rar), you must leave it where you found it. The mission server downloads the orders from the web automatically. Forget about that...

2. Is there any solution in case Steam crashes server. I see You based all data saves on "battle stop" so this will cause troubles in case Steam logs off server...
    That's a problem... And it happened to us a few times.

You can do a "battle stop" manually to save the mission, but then every aircraft (and any resources carried by them) which were in the air are lost. Then you can add manually the value in points of the material losses to a factory, or add manually each lost aircraft to its base, but this is more complicated and tedious, or just leave it as is, assumming the material losses. Of course you can also blame Steam and just repeat the mission

3. I am running web server on :8080 and getting this:

Code:
    Server: [HRCODWAR - ERROR SCRIPT (System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to
    the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could b
    e made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddre
    ss socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Sock
    et s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state,
    IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCol
    lection data)
       at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(String address, String method, NameValue
    Collection data)
       at Mission.HRCODWAR_Recibir_Ordenes()) ]
    In which file to I configure ports???
    I don't know... sorry.

4. I reverted web ports to 80 and still getting this, Whats wrong in here?
    Code:
    Server: [HRCODWAR - Making petition to (http://localhost/hrcodwarweb/ajax/servic
    es.php?a=datos) ]
    Server: [HRCODWAR - No answer - Without orders]
    If you saved some orders, and assuming that you shouldn't move "ORDENESHRCODWARRC1.xlsm", if you moved it to another folder the web server doesn't have any orders, and that's what is saying to the mission server. Or... maybe it still can't connect, it also says no answer, so I don't know And forget about that too...

As I said, I really have no idea how to configure the servers and such things, so it's all my best guess, and probably wrong. I'll probably have a better answer later, but in the future better ask this kind of technical questions in our forums (where you can find also explanations and solutions of the most frequent initial problems when you fly the campaign and such, but in a few days, I still have to translate it ).
    Last edited by HR_Naglfar; Mar-20-2014 at 16:47.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ok, forget all I said about "ORDENESHRCODWARRC1.xlsm". It's an addon in excel made by SG1_Lud, to make the introduction of orders in the web a bit easier (it generates automatically the code for each order for example). It's not needed to use the campaign, and it only works with the spanish version anyway.

Your web server and mission server are both ok, they have communication. But there are no orders saved in the web, so the mission server is telling you exactly that. Try to introduce some orders in the web and then load the mission. You can also introduce orders directly in the mission via chat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Naglfar,

Can we rename the file to this?
    ESTEESELARCHIVODEEXCELPARAINGRESARLASORDENESAUTILI ZARENHRCODWARRC1.xlsm

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

ESTEARCHIVOPUEDESERDEAYUDAPARAINGRESARORDENESPEROE NREALIDADNOHACEFALTA(YADEMASSOLOFUNCIONAENESPAÑOL )RC1.xlsm

Would be even better

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Colander y naglfar, estais como cabras xd

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

> LOAD FUEL | AMMUNITION | PUMPS | REPAIR NUMBER

Not much more to explain, suppose we have a romantic yet extremely useless Tiger Moth with his equally romantic and equally useless Robert Redford pilot which has been designed to face these tasks only seen his questionable value in other ways. So is ordered Robert to load 1000 kilos of fuel (the maximum).
    Poor Tiger Moth.

Sokol1
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-25-2014 at 20:15.